TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 02-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #1
SwordOfOmens83
Thunder Kitty
Ok, so besides the obvious Sword of Omens that lights up from LJN and also the HG Toys battle gear with Lion-O's flat sword with claw, mask, shield and belt, I have only ever seen 1 other item, which was Panthro's Nunchucks on a flat card with a light-up Mumm-Ra dagger with a green blade. It was made by Everlast I'm pretty sure and was a typical grocery store thing, or maybe found at the old Ames stores. Also, there were a couple version of the Omens Dagger that could be found on a typical flat card as well.

I had heard there was also a Tygra Bola-Whip, full-size for kids. If anyone has actually owned, seen, or has pictures of this please post! I'm very into collecting the kid sized weapons, I think they are just awesome and would love to know more about any of the vintage ones.

Thanks in advance..
SwordOfOmens83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:42 PM   #2
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Like this?

http://www.thundercats.ws/indycats-t...lection-20407/
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:39 PM   #3
SwordOfOmens83
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyCat View Post
Dude that is incredible! That's all yours huh? Wow, I actually think I bid on that shrink wrapped set you got, but I remember someone snagging it for a higher price, glad it went to you!

I actually just picked up the vintage Battle Gear set for like $35 on eBay with the sword, shield, claw, blue belt and Lion-O rubber mask. I'm so psyched I got it loose for that price. The sword or shield alone usually go for way more. I have the same sword from that pack as well already, so I may sell that off.

I gotta ask, how did you come by the Mumm-Ra dagger and Panthro chucks? I REALLY want those, and the light up Sword of Omens of course, which always goes too high on eBay.

And did you ever hear of the Tygra Bolo Whip being real or a kid's sized toy of the like?
Old 02-27-2013, 09:03 AM   #4
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordOfOmens83 View Post
Dude that is incredible! That's all yours huh? Wow, I actually think I bid on that shrink wrapped set you got, but I remember someone snagging it for a higher price, glad it went to you!
Yes all mine!

Quote:
I actually just picked up the vintage Battle Gear set for like $35 on eBay with the sword, shield, claw, blue belt and Lion-O rubber mask. I'm so psyched I got it loose for that price. The sword or shield alone usually go for way more. I have the same sword from that pack as well already, so I may sell that off.
Thats a pretty good price. I'm always hunting for miore Thundercats weapons! They pop up from time to time so its a fun hunt!

Quote:
I gotta ask, how did you come by the Mumm-Ra dagger and Panthro chucks? I REALLY want those, and the light up Sword of Omens of course, which always goes too high on eBay.
I found the dagger on eBay and contacted the seller. He was from Peru or Argentina I think. I asked him if he had anymore Thundercats stuff. I was specifically hoping he would have those nun-chucks and low and behold he did! So I got them both from him. Its probably been over a year now. I have only ever seen the dagger on eBay only once before, and never have seen the nun-chucks on eBay. Only pictures on the web.

As for the original sword of omens, I have had two. The one pictured being my second. Both were bought from message boards, for less than ebay prices. Usually you can find sowrds that are missing the end cap, which makes them a LOT cheaper....and there is a guy here on the boards who makes really nice repro ones.

Quote:
And did you ever hear of the Tygra Bolo Whip being real or a kid's sized toy of the like?
I have only ever heard of one other person making a comment about a vintage Tygra Bolo. I have NEVER seen a picture of one. Nor heard anyone else comment about it. I personally don't think it exists.

I do have a modern Thundercats Tygra Bolo whip (not pictured) produced by Rubies for this past halloween season. they are cheap, but still cool. Can find those on ebay.
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:26 PM   #5
SwordOfOmens83
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Yes all mine!

Thats a pretty good price. I'm always hunting for miore Thundercats weapons! They pop up from time to time so its a fun hunt!

I found the dagger on eBay and contacted the seller. He was from Peru or Argentina I think. I asked him if he had anymore Thundercats stuff. I was specifically hoping he would have those nun-chucks and low and behold he did! So I got them both from him. Its probably been over a year now. I have only ever seen the dagger on eBay only once before, and never have seen the nun-chucks on eBay. Only pictures on the web.

As for the original sword of omens, I have had two. The one pictured being my second. Both were bought from message boards, for less than ebay prices. Usually you can find sowrds that are missing the end cap, which makes them a LOT cheaper....and there is a guy here on the boards who makes really nice repro ones.

I have only ever heard of one other person making a comment about a vintage Tygra Bolo. I have NEVER seen a picture of one. Nor heard anyone else comment about it. I personally don't think it exists.

I do have a modern Thundercats Tygra Bolo whip (not pictured) produced by Rubies for this past halloween season. they are cheap, but still cool. Can find those on ebay.

Right on, thanks for your candid answers, I'll have to find myself an Argentinian source! I still think that dagger looks very cool. I have a pic I found of it on an Everlast branded card, not Lionel, but I'm surprised the states didn't see more of them at the time. Thanks again for the invaluable info on all this stuff, I think you're prob. right about that Bolo Whip not existing. Kids have wild memories lol.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:57 PM   #6
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Quote:
Usually you can find sowrds that are missing the end cap, which makes them a LOT cheaper....and there is a guy here on the boards who makes really nice repro ones.
Thats me! Thanks for the kind words! The store is running a sale on them at the moment as well!

As for the Tygra whip....... Im doubting that was thundercats, I recall a hero type generic whip a friend had as a kid with a soft foam ball at the end, but it certainlly wasnt Thundercats, though thats what we used it for. Heh... never let any other kids be Lion-O.... always be Lion-O.
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote