TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 09-09-2011, 04:41 AM   #1
The Ever Living
I love you too maaa-mutt!
Well, I have to admit that when these were announced, I told my self "there was no way" I'd get these.

Then after watching the show and having some credit with BBTS I went for it, especially considering Thundercats had not had any toys made since the 80s and I sold my original collection when I was 16.
The only aggravating part was that I had to wait for them, and I couldn't even be picky about the paint jobs.
Through them I got all of wave 1 and Deluxe Mumm-ra.
However they were not my first figures!

Funny enough, I called up Toys R Us to see if they had Grune, and Big Mumm-ra. No luck on the large Mumm-ra that day but they definately had GRUNE. Luckily enough for me they held it for me even though it was the last one.
The funniest part was when I asked for him the guy on the phone said..."Grune?" I followed with "yeah!" to which he replied "Oh, the traitor!"
Any who, when I got there I picked up my Grune and the Lizard with whatever the vehicle is called.
Grune was awesome, and 10 times better than his ancient counterpart (even though half the size! hah)
I kind of wish all Thundercats were as articulated as Grune or in particular I wish Panthro had his kind of waist swivel!

In short the figure really took me back to when my parents got me pretty much the entire line of the old figures one X mas. Magical times they were.
Thanks Ban-Dai!
The Ever Living is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:27 AM   #2
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
I sold my original TC figures when I was around 20, when my parents moved out of their house.

So far I've only picked up Mumm-Ra, 6 inch and he's great. I'm not the biggest fan of the bulldog face and some of the helmet wrappings, but I do really like the figure. What I especially love is that they included an open and accessory ready hand for both hands, left and right. Solid and even extra articulation, looks great, and has plenty of accessories. It also helped that I had a coupon, so I got him for $15 and a few cents.

Really I'm itching for an Armored Mumm-Ra figure, moreso then anything else.
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 12:13 PM   #3
PANTHRO HOOO
Thunderian Commoner
When these came out I said I wasn't collecting toys I was selling them. So far I stayed away from the figures but have a sword of omens. Although I had to pull myself away from the thundertank.
PANTHRO HOOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 04:11 PM   #4
shimey013
Thunder Kitty
When these came out.. I told my self i may pick up a couple, probably only the classic line..

Grabbed Lion-O and Tygra Classic and I have to admit it felt good to have those toys in my hands..It forgot how must I missed my old Thundercats toys.. SO I ended up calling my mom asking her if My old Thundercats toys were still at the house and hoping she still have my Cat's Lair..

After watching the 1st episode I ended up going out and grabbing a few of the 4 inch toys... needly to say my new thundercats toys purchase is currently up to 12 + 2 classics

Gotta love that it makes you feel like a kid again..
shimey013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:45 PM   #5
The Ever Living
Sweet! Thanks for sharing guys!
I have not had the luck of picking up Classics Lion-o,
and I just had to drop $1,200 on fixing my car...so hoping by december with some hardcore saving
I'll be able to collect again-
I too want that armored Mumm ra!
Shimey, did she say your stuff was still there????

Last edited by The Ever Living; 09-10-2011 at 11:49 PM..
Old 09-11-2011, 12:59 AM   #6
Lion O of savannah
TruthJusticeHonorLoyalty
The first of the new figures I bought were the classics, and I have to say I was blown away. I hunted for weeks for the new figures, ad then they finally hit toys r us. I have all the 4 incher, 6 inchers, deluxes, classics, and the thundertank. I can say that they are on display and watch every episode with me and the wife. Looking forward to the next set of new episodes, and I look forward to see what bandai has instore for us in the second wave of figures. Hooooooooo
Lion O of savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:48 AM   #7
The Ever Living
You guys with the wives that like your cartoons & toys are lucky.
My girl hates mine lol.
My toys live in the linen closet, at least they don't get dust! lol
Old 09-16-2011, 02:02 AM   #8
rchrz60
Lord of My Thundercats
It's funny actually. I watched a new episode of the show on a whim with my kids and I didn't like it having grown up with the 80's version. It did how ever spark an intrest in revisiting the 80's show which I have on DVD but never really touched. Then my wife and I were walking through the store and I came across the two classics figures. Something came over me and without thinking I threw both of them into the cart. My wife didn't even blink because she knows I collect figures (I'll have to post some pictures).

So I get home and open them up. Let me tell you, the power of holding those figures in my hands again transported me back to Christmas morning 1986 sitting in the living room playing with my then New Thundercats with my older brother while my mom and dad cleaned up the havoc that was christmas morning. It really gave me that sense of security that you have as a little child. I can't really explain it any other way, but for a moment I was a kid again, it was just an awesome feeling.

Now because of the slow moving release of the classics line, I made my own villain figure. You can see that in the toy forum. Bottom line, these are a must have for any fan of the original show.
rchrz60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:26 PM   #9
The Ever Living
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrz60 View Post
It's funny actually. I watched a new episode of the show on a whim with my kids and I didn't like it having grown up with the 80's version. It did how ever spark an intrest in revisiting the 80's show which I have on DVD but never really touched. Then my wife and I were walking through the store and I came across the two classics figures. Something came over me and without thinking I threw both of them into the cart. My wife didn't even blink because she knows I collect figures (I'll have to post some pictures).

So I get home and open them up. Let me tell you, the power of holding those figures in my hands again transported me back to Christmas morning 1986 sitting in the living room playing with my then New Thundercats with my older brother while my mom and dad cleaned up the havoc that was christmas morning. It really gave me that sense of security that you have as a little child. I can't really explain it any other way, but for a moment I was a kid again, it was just an awesome feeling.

Now because of the slow moving release of the classics line, I made my own villain figure. You can see that in the toy forum. Bottom line, these are a must have for any fan of the original show.
Sweet! i wish my girl was as understanding about my toys lol.

I must admit the classics lion-o is awesome. I don't know how I feel about tygra( as I don't own him yet).
Old 09-16-2011, 01:13 PM   #10
PANTHRO HOOO
Thunderian Commoner
My live in girlfriend of 7 years just found out how many toys I had. Now that I'm interested in a few new things she's scared. She was not happy when I was gonna order a sword of omens for 425. So I now have a 20 dollar plastic toy. She wasn't a fan of me getting the hard hero collection either. Wait until she sees the mezco I'm gonna buy today.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:37 PM   #11
rchrz60
Lord of My Thundercats
I guess I'm lucky then because my wife told me that it's one thing she loves about my. My ability to stay close to my inner child. I have all of my figures in shelves or cabinets in my basement/home theater room. She lets me have that space, which is pretty nice, cause I'm slowly collecting a lot of stuff.

P.S. The Tygra is just as good as Lion-o. All of this line will probably give me that warm fuzzy feeling.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:56 AM   #12
The Ever Living
lol Panthro! Lucky rchrs60!
Old 09-17-2011, 03:59 AM   #13
TheCopperkid
Thunder Kitty
My wife is great as well. She told me to get everything I wanted and not to miss out. the first new toy received was the sdcc classic thundercats. I love the classic tcats so much. We both watch it every week she lives the new snarf, shes getting a little confused with the flashback episodes. She's so cool in fact, she surprised me with a silverhawks grooms cake at our wedding rehearsal dinner!
TheCopperkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:45 PM   #14
rchrz60
Lord of My Thundercats
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCopperkid View Post
My wife is great as well. She told me to get everything I wanted and not to miss out. the first new toy received was the sdcc classic thundercats. I love the classic tcats so much. We both watch it every week she lives the new snarf, shes getting a little confused with the flashback episodes. She's so cool in fact, she surprised me with a silverhawks grooms cake at our wedding rehearsal dinner!
Silverhawks grooms cake? That's flippin sweet. It's really nice to find a woman who understands that even though we'll never admit it, we're always going to be kids inside, and there are certain things from our childhoods that we can never fully let go of. That's awesome dude.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:40 AM   #15
LionO5289
Thunder Kitty
So far all I have is the 4 inch Lion-O but man am I loving him. Originally I was just going to get him and Mum-Ra but now I'm probably going to end up with them all if I can afford it. The one thing that kind of irks me is I can't seem to straighten out Lion-O's sword. I've tried holding it under hot water and putting in under something heavy to flatten it out but so far it's still a little bent.
LionO5289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:31 PM   #16
TheCopperkid
Thunder Kitty
here's a pic of the grooms cake my wife had made for me that i was talking about, i know it's not thundercats but i mentioned it earlier.

TheCopperkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:43 PM   #17
rchrz60
Lord of My Thundercats
That is awesome. Anytime a woman takes time to acknowledge her boyfriend/husbands inner child is important to the relationship. Now I want some cake!
Old 09-19-2011, 11:51 PM   #18
The Ever Living
Well I guess It will be me in my own apartment soon. We broke up lol.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:45 AM   #19
rchrz60
Lord of My Thundercats
I'm sorry to hear that, but I will say in any relationship you have to be able to be yourself. That my friend is where I count myself lucky
Old 09-22-2011, 02:15 PM   #20
The Ever Living
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrz60 View Post
I'm sorry to hear that, but I will say in any relationship you have to be able to be yourself. That my friend is where I count myself lucky
Tis true, man is it hard finding a decent place to live.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:56 AM   #21
Grimlockisking
Thunder Kitty
The Thundertank was my first purchase. Growing up, I had no Thundercats toys, my cousins loved them, but I was never home in time to watch the show off the school bus. After my daughter was born last month, I was up feeding her one night and flipped to Cartoon Network and realized the new show was on. She sat there, mesmerized by it, and we've made it our weekly tradition to watch the new show together. The Thundertank episode was the first one we watched together, and I picked up the tank and all the line so we can play with them together as she gets older.

I bought it for a bonding experience with my daughter as she grows, and I think that'll be the main reason the Thundertank will always be my favorite
Grimlockisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:26 PM   #22
krazycp
Thunder Kitty
I love them all! And yes, the new Grune has so much more character and depth then the old Grune. They took the same idea from the original and expanded upon it. I can't wait for a Grune/Pantro showdown that we all know is coming!

Plus, am I the only one that wants Grune to reform and be a Thundercat? I hope that he's being manipulated by Mum-Ra and isn't quite himself. Maybe Mum-Ra just took Grune's ambitions for power and distorted him into being evil.
krazycp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:29 PM   #23
Autotrooper
Banned
6 inch modern Lion-o, and it is glorious.
Autotrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:31 PM   #24
PANTHRO HOOO
Thunderian Commoner
The woman bought me all 4 Dvd sets and my mezco lion-o. Also wireless surround headphones. I think I'm gonna get all the mezcos but that's it.