TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > Plun-Darr Marketplace > Buy Sell Trade

Old 10-12-2013, 07:37 AM   #1
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
Greetings,

It has come to a point now where i hand over parts of my collection to other people. I collected Thundercats for many years. A while back i decided to focus on Mumm ra. Below are just a few little things from parts of my collection that id like to sell. Im not a fan of eBay so would rather offer these up to members of this forum as you guys are the collectors and not the greedy brokers.

People who know me from this forum will know that i dont scam or rip people off. Im honest with what i offer and hate the people who try to profit off genuine fans and collectors.

I can take paypal and if you live in the UK or Europe can take bank transfer.

All prices will include recorded delivery to anywhere (if you want higher insurance you'll need to pay), but if a nearest offer is accepted then i will add delivery charge but no more cost than it actually costs to mail.

Shoot me a message if youre interested or if you need further info. Thanks

Mumm Ra original Telepictures 1984 press kit photo:
Printed on 8 x 10 photographic paper and acquired from Rankin Bass archive through Rick Goldschmidt at Rankin Bass.com
Thundercats!

£15.00 (25.00usd)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mumm print.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	298.8 KB
ID:	1907
LiarDice Films is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:46 AM   #2
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
Mumm Ra Tomb original 1985 proof sheet signed one of a kind

Most people here have seen this. Its the original printing proof sheet sent for approval by LJN a year before it was released. This would have been the only full colour one produced and sent for the OK to print the boxes.
Its a very large piece if you can imagine the box laid out flat. Very unique and a must for anyone collecting the unusual parts of the LJN toy line.

£125.00 (200usd)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mumm ra tomb proof.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	303.3 KB
ID:	1908
Old 10-12-2013, 07:53 AM   #3
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
Mumm Ra and Ravage (two pack) LJN MOC colour VARIANT

Foreign card release of the deluxe twin pack from LJN toys. Very hard to find as you can see the dagger is painted all black and Ravages paws painted all black as well. Really lovely piece. Im always honest with my description so as you can see in the second picture there is a slight separation of the bubble to the top right of the card, other than that the bubble is fully attached and clear. As a display piece it isnt noticeable, however if youre very picky then i can see how this would put you off.

£150 (250usd)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Mumm ravage2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	258.7 KB
ID:	1910Click image for larger version

Name:	Mumm ravage variant.JPG
Size:	410.1 KB
ID:	1911

Last edited by LiarDice Films; 10-12-2013 at 07:57 AM..
Old 10-12-2013, 08:06 AM   #4
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
MOC Mumm ra Childbro LJN

Not easy to find this is the Childbro toys release of Mumm Ra.
Being honest on description again, there are a few creases on the card. The bubble is clear and fully attached though. There is a crease shown in picture below and also one that runs from the S in the Thundercats logo across to where it reads 'Battle-matic', again i dont think this detracts from the piece. Plus reflected in fair price.

£100 (170usd)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Mumm childbro.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	379.3 KB
ID:	1912Click image for larger version

Name:	Mumm childbro2.JPG
Views:	0
Size:	335.0 KB
ID:	1913
Old 10-12-2013, 08:13 AM   #5
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
MOC Mumm ra rainbow toys LJN

This piece has a sad story...it was bought as a perfect figure of a pretty high grade. The person it was bought from then decided to package it in a thin box and a box that was smaller than the card of the figure! It arrived a little worse for wear. Clear bubble and attached to the card. There is a bend in the card and with the bend the bubble slightly came away from the card, shown in the picture below. Some people need a lesson in packaging!

£90 (160usd)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Mumm rainbow.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	388.9 KB
ID:	1914Click image for larger version

Name:	Mumm raindbow2.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	259.7 KB
ID:	1915
Old 10-12-2013, 03:25 PM   #6
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
Ok I've received a call today from a celeb friend I've worked with before who bought this from me a while back. He now wants to pass it on to another collector.

One of a kind Mumm Ra alternative sculpt resin hardcopy prototype. Cased and authenticated by UKG and with COA signed by the head of toy design at LJN Jose Longoria. He was featured on the pilot of Toy Hunter a few years ago.
This was the design they were playing around with for a more cartoon accurate mumm ra, cape would have been attached too.
I love this sculpt. LJN didn't carry on with it into production because he wouldn't have been able to hold weapons

£1250 (2000usd) ONO
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	680.0 KB
ID:	1916

Last edited by LiarDice Films; 10-12-2013 at 03:28 PM..
Old 10-12-2013, 09:04 PM   #7
booshman
Thunder Kitty
That's a lovely looking piece. If money were no object I'd love this in my collection, but it's probably more than I've spent total on my existing T'Cats stuff. Are the arms and legs the only differences to the produced sculpt?
booshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:08 PM   #8
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiarDice Films View Post
Ok I've received a call today from a celeb friend I've worked with before who bought this from me a while back. He now wants to pass it on to another collector.

One of a kind Mumm Ra alternative sculpt resin hardcopy prototype. Cased and authenticated by UKG and with COA signed by the head of toy design at LJN Jose Longoria. He was featured on the pilot of Toy Hunter a few years ago.
This was the design they were playing around with for a more cartoon accurate mumm ra, cape would have been attached too.
I love this sculpt. LJN didn't carry on with it into production because he wouldn't have been able to hold weapons

£1250 (2000usd) ONO
Wow that's an amazing piece! I don't have that kind of money unfortunately, but am very jealous. I can help but notice that you have allot of industry figures and art. You are a very lucky man!

By the way, for anyone considering purchasing these I can say from experience that he is honest and great to deal with!
adssse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:56 PM   #9
Karnor
Thunder Kitty
PM sent.... Awesome stuff, hope we can work something out
Karnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:14 AM   #10
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
The arms and legs are the only differences I could see from the produced piece. Crazy how those small changes can effect the look.
A small note about that piece. This is the only one known! Painted hard copies are very common because many were made for trade shows and salesman. The unproduced hard copies are rarer because they never reached further than the concept stage.
I know of 5 different Mad Bubbler's but only one of these

Last edited by LiarDice Films; 10-13-2013 at 04:21 AM..
Old 10-13-2013, 05:39 AM   #11
booshman
Thunder Kitty
What would you ballpark as a price for a painted hard copy with them being more common? I've never seen one but looking at the one on offer has put me in mind to try a custom. Any pics available to get a better look at the details?
Old 10-13-2013, 07:41 AM   #12
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
A painted vintage HC of one of the first 8 characters would be min 900usd. It depends on the character and how the limbs are pinned. Metal pins are older than resin moulded pins which are on the series three figs.
If you want better pics of the above proto then fire me a PM with your email addy and I'll be glad to
Old 10-13-2013, 07:49 AM   #13
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
Quote:
Originally Posted by booshman View Post
Any pics available to get a better look at the details?
http://www.thundercats.ws/news/thund...prototype-313/
Old 10-13-2013, 08:36 PM   #14
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
LiarDice,
Do you know if there were any other figures with alternative sculpts? It would be fascinating to talk to those that worked on the line!
Old 10-13-2013, 11:21 PM   #15
booshman
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Thanks for the link, the figure looks awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adssse View Post
LiarDice,
Do you know if there were any other figures with alternative sculpts? It would be fascinating to talk to those that worked on the line!
I saw one a while ago for Safari Joe, and there was a version of Cheetara with more detailed hair. I'm sure there must have been a few others though.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:16 AM   #16
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
As far as I'm aware the mumm ra is the most radical alterative sculpt, but there's Lion O with more detailed gauntlet and retractable sword, alternate weapons for characters and have you all seen tongue-a-saurus with legs
Old 10-14-2013, 02:40 PM   #17
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Thanks guys. Now that you mention it I do remember seeing a pic for the Cheetara with alt hair and the Lion-O with the alt clawshield. I don't remember seeing a different Safari Joe or the tongue a saurus. Do either of you have a link to pictures? I wonder if these alternative figures are still out there in someone's collection?
Old 10-14-2013, 04:42 PM   #18
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
Tounge-a-saurus
Attached Thumbnails

Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	1917
Old 10-14-2013, 09:12 PM   #19
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Tounge-a-saurus
I really like it better with the legs! It just seems to look more complete and menacing.

I am assuming that the Safari Joe alt is just the gun and not a different body sculpt right?
Safari Joe (alternate colored gun)

Last edited by adssse; 10-14-2013 at 10:03 PM..
Old 10-15-2013, 01:34 AM   #20
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
Yep. For a few of the characters the alternative weapons or colours were due to LJN being in a rush to photograph them for catalogs and card backs. I can't remember which but some were even given weapons from previous current LJN toy lines ie Dune just to get the photograph
Old 10-15-2013, 04:32 AM   #21
booshman
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by adssse View Post
I am assuming that the Safari Joe alt is just the gun and not a different body sculpt right?
Safari Joe (alternate colored gun)
It was a while ago but I think the one I saw was an unpainted prototype in resin. I think the main difference was the neck scarf was a sculpted differently.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:27 PM   #22
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
I remember now seeing an alternate sculpt for the Cats Lair head too. More detailed. It looked cool
Old 10-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #23
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
The alternative Mumm Ra sculpt has been sold now but no one else has shown interest in anything else. Don't be shy guys scroll to the top and have a look. Prices can always be negotiated
Old 10-16-2013, 12:43 AM   #24
booshman
Thunder Kitty
I was trying to find pics of the Safari Joe variant I mentioned, but the links were dead. It was sold by Hollywood Heroes a couple of years ago.

I did find this pic of the Lion-O variant LiarDice mentioned, with the extending sword. Look at Mumm-Ra, he looks like a hybrid of the regular version and the unreleased early version that just sold. He has arms spread like the early version but the hands and legs of the released version. I'm guessing they altered the arms when the ditched the idea of including the cape.

It's hard to tell from the low res pic, but I think the sword for Lion-O looks mocked up. Like they chopped a regular sword down rather than making it truly telescopic.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	proto liono.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	254.4 KB
ID:	1918
Old 10-16-2013, 02:43 AM   #25
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
Go on google images and type 'Safari Joe hardcopy' you'll see it there through another website. I didn't want to link the site here out of respect for any forum rules
Old 10-16-2013, 03:52 AM   #26
booshman
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Go on google images and type 'Safari Joe hardcopy' you'll see it there through another website. I didn't want to link the site here out of respect for any forum rules
I see the one with the alternate gun, but the figure itself looks the same. Are there any shots of the alternate SJ sculpt.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:40 AM   #27
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
I did have a pic of it when it was offered to me for sale. I'll search my emails
Old 10-16-2013, 10:02 PM   #28
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
I saw an old thread on ThundercatsLair about what appears to be the same alternate sculpt Mumm-ra. From what you know would you say that this sculpt was produced after the one we all know and that this would have been a later "revised" model or do you believe it was designed concurrently with the common one when attempting to decide on a final version?
Old 10-17-2013, 01:50 AM   #29
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
This mumm ra was created in the series three period of the toy line. Maybe even gearing up to be introduced in the series 4 which never came to light. I know this because of which LJN employee it came from. Also the fact it's the only piece that's never shown on any catalog or card back indicates to me it was a very late concept that never happened
Old 10-17-2013, 05:12 AM   #30
booshman
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
This mumm ra was created in the series three period of the toy line. Maybe even gearing up to be introduced in the series 4 which never came to light. I know this because of which LJN employee it came from. Also the fact it's the only piece that's never shown on any catalog or card back indicates to me it was a very late concept that never happened
Cheers for the info, shame series 4 never saw the light of day.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:13 AM   #31
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
LJN were so ahead of their time. With larger scale figure that had various battle actions and of course the light up eyes. I wish they could have carried on. A while back I had a concept piece which was the 'talking Panthro' figure. So ahead of its time but never moved further than concepts. Electronics not small enough and still too pricey in mid 80's
Old 10-17-2013, 02:28 PM   #32
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Thanks for the info on Mumm-ra! It would have been great to see what ideas they had up their sleeves as well as getting the rest of the cast!

I couldn't agree more with the quality and ingenuity of the ljn line. It really does stand the test of time!

Do you happen to have any pictures of the Panthro concept? I can't get enough of all this behind the scenes info!
Old 10-17-2013, 06:34 PM   #33
Karnor
Thunder Kitty
So have the prototype's for the extending Sword Lion-O and Mumm-ra surfaced as of yet? Both very cool figures, would have been great if they were made. Also wondered if a Tongue-a-saurus with legs hit the market at some point? I love this stuff... it's both awesome and disappointing to see what could have been
Karnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:38 AM   #34
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
[QUOTE=adssse;79761

Do you happen to have any pictures of the Panthro concept? I can't get enough of all this behind the scenes info![/QUOTE]

There is a button in his back and would have been a small speaker hole in his TC logo belt buckle. There was this very basic conceptual mock up and then one that actually had electronics inside, but that one has since been hidden away by the secretive world of proto collectors
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	7
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	1919

Last edited by LiarDice Films; 10-18-2013 at 03:43 AM..
Old 10-18-2013, 09:21 PM   #35
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Wow this some seriously interesting stuff! So what kind of battery would this have taken? Would it be from an external source like the ring for the light up eyes or would it have been inside the figure and have a door somewhere to change it? It sounds like you dont have this figure any more. What made you decide to sell?
Old 10-19-2013, 02:44 AM   #36
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
Battery was the problem because in the working mock up wires came out of his back and you had to connect to a larger 9v battery to make it work. Electronics just weren't small enough or cheaply made in that era. That concept, pictured, which I had, you could pop Panthro open in two halves. And there is actually quite a bit of room in the figures chest. I think they wanted you to be able to push a button in his back (shown on pic) and voice heard from a tiny pin hole in the logo in his belt.
I don't have it anymore, because at the time I was crazy into trading and swapping what I had. I regret some of the things I traded because it's all TCs history. Just glad I had the chance to see it. And now tell the stories.

Last edited by LiarDice Films; 10-19-2013 at 03:20 AM..
Old 10-19-2013, 08:05 PM   #37
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
That is a very interesting concept. I can see where the problem arises though. Sorry to hear that it is no longer in your collection, but it does indeed make for some great stories. Thanks for telling them!