TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 04-02-2012, 10:04 PM   #601
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
Also combined with her action before and after that moment. The hand-holding, the intimate chats by the fire, chewing out the other guys for not supporting him, the bitch-slapping of physics to assist Lion-O.
Didn't the OS sword of Omens call to the TCats as well? No?
I've heard people argue that as a point against a romantic relationship. She has to let Lion-O fight his own battles with the team. He can't have momma Cleric stepping in each and every time someone slights him.
As for the campfire the scenery was romantic, but Cheetara's intentions were not.
Chique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #602
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDustyV View Post
hearing that Lion O's always gotten everything he's wanted always gets my blood boiling, you're getting him mixed up with his brother. Lion O was the laughing stock of the kingdom, his father didn't have any respect for him at all until just before he died, his brother constantly made an ass out of him publically, and he was constantly having his brother shoved down his throat. yeah, he's had it really good...
"Since this show began.." was thrown in there for that reason. I know the kingdom and his father doubted his abilities at time (and with good reason).
Old 04-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #603
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by theking View Post
Lol Jaga should have taught Cheetara how to properly support someone without leading them on. I don't hate her completely I just want the writers to stop destroying her character, the moment she apologizes to Lion-O for everything (she could say I'm sorry I led you on because I don't have a lot of experience with men etc.), I would forgive her and hope that Lion-O moves on with his life.

Quite honestly I was rooting for this couple since my girlfriend is 3 years older than me so seeing as I thought they would end up together I loved it
Yes. A simple apology is all most on this thread were asking for. Unfortunately by not giving one, it makes Cheetara come across as kinda cold.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:08 PM   #604
theking
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDustyV View Post
hearing that Lion O's always gotten everything he's wanted always gets my blood boiling, you're getting him mixed up with his brother. Lion O was the laughing stock of the kingdom, his father didn't have any respect for him at all until just before he died, his brother constantly made an ass out of him publically, and he was constantly having his brother shoved down his throat. yeah, he's had it really good...
Totally agree, he was the younger brother who was always compared to a more successful and responsible older brother (in Tygra's shadow). He's the underdog which is why he had my vote from the start, the only thing Tygra couldn't take from him was his lineage (being a Lion and everything). I remember the OS, where I watched Lion-O become more mature in each episode. I just really hope,pray,wish that the writers do the same in this reboot after his resurrection.

Last edited by theking; 04-02-2012 at 10:11 PM..
theking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:15 PM   #605
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
I don't think either brother got everything they wanted. Tygra or Lion-O.
Remember in Into the Astral Plane when Cheetara told Lion-O that Tygra lived his whole life in his brother's shadow? Maybe both boys have gotten the wrong idea?
Old 04-02-2012, 10:17 PM   #606
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
Yes. A simple apology is all most on this thread were asking for. Unfortunately by not giving one, it makes Cheetara come across as kinda cold.
The spirit of Cheetara seems not cold though to Lion-O ,saw it from the pic.
That should be "the real" cheetara. they needed to do a "switch".
"Justice Lords Theory" in action again.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:24 PM   #607
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Have I seen secret service whisper in the president's ear? In movies yes.
Kissing him on the cheek? no, but She only kissed him on the cheek for luck when he was going into an uncertain situation and didn't know if he'd be back. It's like if a solider was going over seas to war and a female friend was with him when he was leaving to send him off. I wouldn't think twice about her kissing him on the cheek for luck.
And even in movies, the secret service always maintains a professional distance between them and the president. No hugging, kissing of check etc etc. If only Cheetara would kiss all the other cats on the cheek for luck, cause you know, they're ALWAYS going into uncertain situations.

Quote:
Hugged Lion-O? no, but he did hug Berbil Bill. Does that mean Panthro is flirting with him?
How do you think he got his arms?

Quote:
It could be argued that neither the elephants nor Zigg knew how to use sight beyond sight either, yet they both still helped teach him how to use it.
I must have missed the part where zigg and the elephants stood behind Lion-O; pressing their trunks/boobs into his back and softly telling him how to use SBS. Because according to you, teachers for SBS do that
Sining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:36 PM   #608
stac
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Her tone of voice did not change at all between when she first walked up and was a few feet away from him and when she got up close. Nor did it change when she was telling the story of the Book of Omens a little bit later. Same tone of voice. It's how she always speaks. Replay the episode, close your eyes, and see if you can actually tell where she gets behind him just by the tone of her voice.
Tried that experiment and you are right, there is not much of a noticeable change in tone.
My previous point still stands though; it was the combination of her actions during this moment and throughout the entire season that made her intentions seem non-platonic.
stac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:44 PM   #609
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
You don't flirt with people you're in a relationship with? I sure as hell do.
The way you flirt with someone you're in a relationship with and the way you flirt with someone you're considering a relationship with are NOT the same thing, and I would hope you know that.

Of course I flirt with my fiance, and it includes stuff I did not do when we were still single. If Cheetara had just walked up and made out with Lion-o, or Tygra, before starting a relationship with him, this would be a very different discussion.
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:48 PM   #610
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
What happens is this love triangle happens all the time. You've never been into someone who you thought was into you, but it turned out they weren't? We don't really know the writers motives for writing the triangle this way. For all we know, they've accomplished what they've set out to do. Right now, Lion-O's attitude sucks. Since this show began, he's gotten everything he's wanted. Cheetara was the one "thing" not owed to him by birth. His reaction to losing her could function as a learning experience. He's acting like a child right now, and hopefully the writers can take this as an oppertunity to demonstrate why the Nice Guy attitude is garbage and that it shouldnt be ok for someone to act this way.

2. Sure humans don't discuss these things, but that's when you lose your right to act like an ass because of it.

3. Which is probably why this will be wrapped up in just enough time for Pumyra to make her appearance
I do not analyze the motives of the characters. I analyze whether it was well done, and if it makes them likable. At this point basically no one in this show is even likable.

Lion-o's immature, Cheetarah's a tease, Tygra's a Jerk. These are problems.

2. No you don't, that's just not the way the world really works. People can be right, and wrong, even if they're not perfect, or completely wrong. The world is just shades of grey.

3. Maybe, but this was never about who got Cheetarah for me. My choice actually WON. My anger is the triangle was poorly done and made every character involved the worse for it.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:52 PM   #611
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
Remember in Into the Astral Plane when Cheetara told Lion-O that Tygra lived his whole life in his brother's shadow? Maybe both boys have gotten the wrong idea?
Both brothers feel like they lived in each others shadow, it's why their relationship is so broken. For Tygra it didn't matter how good he was at anything because it would never make him king, and for Lion-O it didn't matter how hard he tried at anything because Tygra would always beat him and be praised for it.
It's not that Lion-O never studied, he just didn't study the approved material because he knew there was a bigger world out there. Instead he studied things that he thought would be needful out there, like technology. It had the added benefit of putting him a bit closer in touch with the poor and oppressed because he had to walk through slums to do it.

Both brothers have skills and knowledge that the other needs, but they're too blinded by their rivalry to see it.
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:54 PM   #612
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
This, I do agree with. What I really wish, and I mentioned it somewhere up there, is that Lion-o would actually try to be happy for them. Put this whole triangle behind us, have Lion-o get over it, Cheetarah and Tygra happy, etc. You can have drama without having half the group hate each other.

That said, even that would not change the fact that the triangle was poorly written, from both a story and a character standpoint.

Lion-o was always in his brother's shadow as a person, but don't forget for Tygra it was always an impossible race. No matter how good he did, or how hard he tried, he was always destined for second place. That's rough. And that is why I do agree with this quote.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #613
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
I do not analyze the motives of the characters. I analyze whether it was well done, and if it makes them likable. At this point basically no one in this show is even likable.

Lion-o's immature, Cheetarah's a tease, Tygra's a Jerk. These are problems.

2. No you don't, that's just not the way the world really works. People can be right, and wrong, even if they're not perfect, or completely wrong. The world is just shades of grey.

3. Maybe, but this was never about who got Cheetarah for me. My choice actually WON. My anger is the triangle was poorly done and made every character involved the worse for it.
I don't always like the way Lion-O is written, and I realize that this is because it'll make him all that more likable when he develops into a king I can respect.

Yes the world is full of shades of gray. I'm sorry, but I don't see the gray area in this situation. Lion-O took it upon himself to assume she was into him. Whether or not he did it because of her actions is irrelevant. What matters is that he lost, no forfeited his right to be angry, because he chose not to ask.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:39 PM   #614
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
Both brothers feel like they lived in each others shadow, it's why their relationship is so broken. For Tygra it didn't matter how good he was at anything because it would never make him king, and for Lion-O it didn't matter how hard he tried at anything because Tygra would always beat him and be praised for it.
It's not that Lion-O never studied, he just didn't study the approved material because he knew there was a bigger world out there. Instead he studied things that he thought would be needful out there, like technology. It had the added benefit of putting him a bit closer in touch with the poor and oppressed because he had to walk through slums to do it.

Both brothers have skills and knowledge that the other needs, but they're too blinded by their rivalry to see it.
As far as we know, Lion-O didn't care much for his princely duties. I'm willing to bet this is what won Tygra so much favor with the citizens. He's classic Disney hero. A teenager who at first seems like a lost cause will grow to be the hero of the story.
The technology was initially just a bunch of junk Lion-O couldn't get to work. Logically, his time would have been better suited being the perfect prince. Sure he was right in the end, but that was pure luck and chance.
Pretty much sums it up. They can't see each other's pain, because each one is wrapped up in their own.

Last edited by Chique; 04-02-2012 at 11:56 PM..
Old 04-02-2012, 11:53 PM   #615
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
We see Cheetara really flirt during the second season with Tygra and he flirts back with her.

That wipes all the presumed flirty signals in the first season out, which means she wasn't putting the moves on Lion-O in the first place.

Now as to her behavior in the first season. If she already had Tygra chosen, to her Lion-O was a future family member. So she would lay the ground work for a family relationship with Lion-O.

Last edited by Singe; 04-03-2012 at 12:18 AM..
Singe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:06 AM   #616
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singe View Post
We see Cheetara really flirt during the second season with Tygra and he flirts back with her.

That wipes all the presumed flirty signals in the first season out, which means she wasn't putting the moves on Lion-O in the first place.

Now as to her behavior in the first season. If she already had Tygra chosen, to her Lion-O was a future family member. So she would lay the ground work for a family relationship with Lion-O.
That's bull. First off, this is a confirmed triangle. People aren't just assuming it's a triangle because of weird misunderstood signals or something. The writers have said repeatedly that this is a love triangle.

What that means is that all of those things were put there ON PURPOSE by the writers to be taken as signs of possible romance between Lion-o and Cheetarah. We can debate about what a cartoon character 'meant' or 'was thinking' all we want, but that's neither here no there. This is not people reading too much into the way Misty looks at Ash or something, this is a show with confirmed, INTENDED romantic scenes and tension. And in the first season, that tension certainly wasn't between Tygra and Cheetarah; they almost never talked.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:13 AM   #617
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
I don't always like the way Lion-O is written, and I realize that this is because it'll make him all that more likable when he develops into a king I can respect.

Yes the world is full of shades of gray. I'm sorry, but I don't see the gray area in this situation. Lion-O took it upon himself to assume she was into him. Whether or not he did it because of her actions is irrelevant. What matters is that he lost, no forfeited his right to be angry, because he chose not to ask.
You're giving the writers way too much credit. It's true you sometimes make characters weak to leave room for character growth, but that isn't a blank check to make an unlikable character. And Lion-o has DEVELOPED half of these lessons several times already, he just forgets them two episodes later.

There is gray in every situation. Generally if you can't see it, you're not looking hard enough, or you're ignoring it. And whether he did it because of her actions is COMPLETELY relevant. It is the ENTIRE point. And as I said way back when, they can BOTH be wrong. He can be wrong for reading too much into her actions, and she can be wrong for not being clearer, especially when they make it obvious that Cheetarah knew exactly what Lion-o thought of her. You keep saying they should have asked her, which is true, but she also could have just told them. She's not an idiot, she knew what they thought of her.

Lion-o being an idiot does not exonerate Cheetarah, or vice-versa.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:48 AM   #618
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
You're giving the writers way too much credit. It's true you sometimes make characters weak to leave room for character growth, but that isn't a blank check to make an unlikable character. And Lion-o has DEVELOPED half of these lessons several times already, he just forgets them two episodes later.

There is gray in every situation. Generally if you can't see it, you're not looking hard enough, or you're ignoring it. And whether he did it because of her actions is COMPLETELY relevant. It is the ENTIRE point. And as I said way back when, they can BOTH be wrong. He can be wrong for reading too much into her actions, and she can be wrong for not being clearer, especially when they make it obvious that Cheetarah knew exactly what Lion-o thought of her. You keep saying they should have asked her, which is true, but she also could have just told them. She's not an idiot, she knew what they thought of her.

Lion-o being an idiot does not exonerate Cheetarah, or vice-versa.
They both messed up, but Episode 14 Lion-O is the victim and Cheetara is the criminal. Then Lion-O proceeds to treat her like that. No one in the team bothers to step up and tell Lion-O straight out to stop, not even Tygra.

Last edited by Singe; 04-03-2012 at 02:51 AM..
Old 04-03-2012, 05:40 AM   #619
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
The love triangle was to add drama and shake things up. Can't do much on group dynamics getting by to survive while traveling the world avoiding capture from an enemy army.

If Cheetara still has something to teach him, then Lion-O has to get over it.

Another point lacking from Season 1, Lion-O and Tygra didn't try to flirt with Cheetara. Exception being the Flower bit in the flashback. It was really half sided for her to supposedly do all the work.
Because by his own words tygra says she acts like he doesn't exist. It takes like 8 years to hook up. She is doing all the work because mr big mouth tygra wouldn't of went to her so she went to him. It seems tygra can only talk when he's putting lion-o down to bring himself up.
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:52 AM   #620
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
"Since this show began.." was thrown in there for that reason. I know the kingdom and his father doubted his abilities at time (and with good reason).
Yet it turns out lion-o was correct the whole time. We see claudis show homage to lion-o and how many episode later not one good thing has come from tygra's mouth despite the fact he has been benefiting from what lion-o has done in the past and present
Old 04-03-2012, 05:56 AM   #621
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by theking View Post
Totally agree, he was the younger brother who was always compared to a more successful and responsible older brother (in Tygra's shadow). He's the underdog which is why he had my vote from the start, the only thing Tygra couldn't take from him was his lineage (being a Lion and everything). I remember the OS, where I watched Lion-O become more mature in each episode. I just really hope,pray,wish that the writers do the same in this reboot after his resurrection.
The difference is in the OS the others except kit & kat were mature and behaved like wise
Old 04-03-2012, 06:22 AM   #622
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
This, I do agree with. What I really wish, and I mentioned it somewhere up there, is that Lion-o would actually try to be happy for them. Put this whole triangle behind us, have Lion-o get over it, Cheetarah and Tygra happy, etc. You can have drama without having half the group hate each other.

That said, even that would not change the fact that the triangle was poorly written, from both a story and a character standpoint.

Lion-o was always in his brother's shadow as a person, but don't forget for Tygra it was always an impossible race. No matter how good he did, or how hard he tried, he was always destined for second place. That's rough. And that is why I do agree with this quote.
True. So now its reached the point where tygra tries to belittle and disparage lion-o for the sole purpose of lifting up his own ego. Lion-o is immature fine but the same can be said about tygra only he is older and should know better. He's been the one crying over spilled milk the longest yet its still somehow only lion-o
Old 04-03-2012, 07:16 AM   #623
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
As far as we know, Lion-O didn't care much for his princely duties. I'm willing to bet this is what won Tygra so much favor with the citizens. He's classic Disney hero. A teenager who at first seems like a lost cause will grow to be the hero of the story.
The technology was initially just a bunch of junk Lion-O couldn't get to work. Logically, his time would have been better suited being the perfect prince. Sure he was right in the end, but that was pure luck and chance.
Pretty much sums it up. They can't see each other's pain, because each one is wrapped up in their own.
You can't really say Lion-O didn't care much for his princely duties. We see him attend both noble events; the SOO test and the dinner, that was required of him as a prince. Granted he was late for one, but because he was searching for lost tech. If he didn't care much for his duties, he could have just blown off both events. I think the best way to put it is 'Lion-O has other things he desires other than just being king/prince' while Tygra just desires being king/prince.

As for why Tygra is the favored of the crowds, I think it's more because he's a better warrior and the cats seem to be a society that honors that strength more than idealism or pacifism. TLDR; it's a lot easier to relate to Tygra because he's what the cats expect a cat to be while Lion-O is the dreamer and very unlike other cats.
Sining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:28 AM   #624
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sining View Post
You can't really say Lion-O didn't care much for his princely duties. We see him attend both noble events; the SOO test and the dinner, that was required of him as a prince. Granted he was late for one, but because he was searching for lost tech. If he didn't care much for his duties, he could have just blown off both events. I think the best way to put it is 'Lion-O has other things he desires other than just being king/prince' while Tygra just desires being king/prince.

As for why Tygra is the favored of the crowds, I think it's more because he's a better warrior and the cats seem to be a society that honors that strength more than idealism or pacifism. TLDR; it's a lot easier to relate to Tygra because he's what the cats expect a cat to be while Lion-O is the dreamer and very unlike other cats.
Some people are die hard tygra fans, you're not going to win. Lion-o is bad, tygra is god.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:30 AM   #625
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
Yet it turns out lion-o was correct the whole time. We see claudis show homage to lion-o and how many episode later not one good thing has come from tygra's mouth despite the fact he has been benefiting from what lion-o has done in the past and present
Due to lion-o loving tech and helping lizards, they were able to escape.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:32 AM   #626
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
Some past L/C moments/pics for discussions references:

http://www.thundercats.ws/thundercat.../89/#post29964 Pics assembled By KurtulanSama:

Episode 1

Episode 4

Episode 6

Episode 12

Old 04-03-2012, 09:46 AM   #627
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Lion-O actively studied technology. In the pilot you can see various things he's disassembled trying to see how they work and he's even made diagrams. The problem is there was no one around who really understood it so his learning was slower than it would have been otherwise.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:10 AM   #628
Balgus82
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Some people are die hard tygra fans, you're not going to win. Lion-o is bad, tygra is god.
No one is going to win any of these arguments because the reverse of that is also true.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:15 AM   #629
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
No one is going to win any of these arguments because the reverse of that is also true.
Preach it, brother.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:41 AM   #630
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Because by his own words tygra says she acts like he doesn't exist. It takes like 8 years to hook up. She is doing all the work because mr big mouth tygra wouldn't of went to her so she went to him. It seems tygra can only talk when he's putting lion-o down to bring himself up.
Lion-O and Tygra have the habit of keeping certain things to themselves. It wasn't until they were in a different dimension away from the others that they went all out on their feelings for each other.

8 years to hook up. Well most of that time is her cleric training and her duties. Same with Tygra with his duties and training. They would have gotten together when the time came.

By the end of Episode 13, Cheetara explained that revealing her feelings to Tygra wasn't a priority, but the conflict between Lion-O and him was causing problems which needed to be addressed. She was fixing it. Then most likely they would have told Lion-O. However since Lion-O walked in on their personal matter, he flipped out which is now in 14 through 15.

The Elephant Elder that told Lion-O about the supposed betrayal should get a portion of the blame for putting that nonsense in Lion-O's head.

Last edited by Singe; 04-03-2012 at 10:57 AM..
Old 04-03-2012, 11:24 AM   #631
L08e16o
Quote:
Lion-O and Tygra have the habit of keeping certain things to themselves. It wasn't until they were in a different dimension away from the others that they went all out on their feelings for each other.

8 years to hook up. Well most of that time is her cleric training and her duties. Same with Tygra with his duties and training. They would have gotten together when the time came.

By the end of Episode 13, Cheetara explained that revealing her feelings to Tygra wasn't a priority, but the conflict between Lion-O and him was causing problems which needed to be addressed. She was fixing it. Then most likely they would have told Lion-O. However since Lion-O walked in on their personal matter, he flipped out which is now in 14 through 15.

The Elephant Elder that told Lion-O about the supposed betrayal should get a portion of the blame for putting that nonsense in Lion-O's head.
Disagee, that cleric duties didn't let her go to tygra. People go to great lengths for love.

The writers did that to make us think it would be tygra, it was cheeetara that lion-o felt the betrayal from.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:45 AM   #632
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Disagee, that cleric duties didn't let her go to tygra. People go to great lengths for love.

The writers did that to make us think it would be tygra, it was cheeetara that lion-o felt the betrayal from.
A betrayal just in Lion-O's head. She didn't betray the crown, the group, or anything like Grune.

Lion-O's betrayal issues could stem back to the Grune betrayal which destroyed the kingdom and got Claudis killed.

Last edited by Singe; 04-03-2012 at 11:49 AM..
Old 04-03-2012, 11:54 AM   #633
L08e16o
Quote:
A betrayal just in Lion-O's head. She didn't betray the crown, the group, or anything like Grune.

Lion-O's betrayal issues could stem back to the Grune betrayal which destroyed the kingdom and got Claudis killed.
Lion-o felt betrayal from cheetara. This is what the writers set up. We thought tygra was going to betray him, but it was cheetara.

Has nothing to do with Grune. This was built up for the triangle.

Last edited by L08e16o; 04-03-2012 at 12:10 PM..
Old 04-03-2012, 12:28 PM   #634
Balgus82
He only used Grune as an example of someone who actually betrayed someone, rather than it just being an emotional thing in their head.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:12 PM   #635
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
The writers will have to spell it out exactly how Cheetara betrayed Lion-O. She didn't go Grune on them. There wasn't the type of personal relationship between Lion-O and Cheetara which the betrayal could constitute her cheating on Lion-O or being unfaithful.

Betrayal is to strong a word to apply to this situation. Such a claim would call for her to be kicked out of the group and not trusting her to protect anyone in the group.

A better wording would be, "She broke his heart."
Old 04-03-2012, 01:13 PM   #636
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:

Oh so now she is fixing the problem ??? well she has only done half the job so far. When does it show lion-o flipped out as what you may call "flipping out" may differ what i would call flipping out. The same spare time lion-o had most likely they had as well to say how they used their time is speculation and it is still undetermined whether a cleric can be in a relationship so barring what happened they may have never hooked up. As i stated previously the fact tygra tried to kill lion-o is a betrayal and the fact tygra apologizes and lion-o accepts the apology shows he felt betrayed. The elephant was 100% correct

Last edited by Big Snarf; 04-03-2012 at 01:23 PM..
Old 04-03-2012, 01:26 PM   #637
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
The writers will have to spell it out exactly how Cheetara betrayed Lion-O. She didn't go Grune on them. There wasn't the type of personal relationship between Lion-O and Cheetara which the betrayal could constitute her cheating on Lion-O or being unfaithful.

Betrayal is to strong a word to apply to this situation. Such a claim would call for her to be kicked out of the group and not trusting her to protect anyone in the group.

Cheetara didn't betray lion-o and the only person to go grune on someone was tygra just look at the similarities of the fights in "old friends" & "between brothers"
Old 04-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #638
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Oh so now she is fixing the problem ??? well she has only done half the job so far. When does it show lion-o flipped out as what you may call "flipping out" may differ what i would call flipping out. The same spare time lion-o had most likely they had as well to say how they used their time is speculation and it is still undetermined whether a cleric can be in a relationship so barring what happened they may have never hooked up. As i stated previously the fact tygra tried to kill lion-o is a betrayal and the fact tygra apologizes and lion-o accepts the apology shows he felt betrayed. The elephant was 100% correct
Quote:
Cheetara didn't betray lion-o and the only person to go grune on someone was tygra just look at the similarities of the fights in "old friends" & "between brothers"
You forgot the part after the ordeal before the bells rang that Lion-O talked to the Elephant Monk about the prophecy. The Elephant Monk forgot about it and goes on like it was no big deal.

You might have also missed the words Cheetara said to Tygra when they were alone and she was talking about her feelings to him. She said her feelings we not important and kept quiet 13 episodes, and now she comes out about it. There must have been something going on that would make her choose to talk about it.

Last edited by Singe; 04-03-2012 at 01:39 PM..
Old 04-03-2012, 01:37 PM   #639
L08e16o
Quote:
He only used Grune as an example of someone who actually betrayed someone, rather than it just being an emotional thing in their head.
Heart and head are two different things. This is lion-o's heart, not head.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:39 PM   #640
L08e16o
Quote:
You forgot the part after the ordeal before the bells rang that Lion-O talked to the Elephant Monk about the prophecy. The Elephant Monk forgot about it and goes on like it was no big deal.

You might have also missed the words Cheetara said to Tygra when they were alone and she was talking about her feelings to him. She said her feelings we not important at that time. 13 episodes for her to keep quiet about it, and now she comes out about it. There must have been something going on that would make her choose to talk about it.
No he didn't, he reminded lion-o that the evening bells haven't rung.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:41 PM   #641
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Heart and head are two different things. This is lion-o's heart, not head.
A teenager's heart is so fragile.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:43 PM   #642
L08e16o
Quote:

They will not explain it. It adds to the drama.

Lion-o could say where was she in episode 14, she didn't have his back.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:44 PM   #643
L08e16o
Quote:
A teenager's heart is so fragile.
Even adult's hearts are fragile.

Last edited by L08e16o; 04-03-2012 at 01:50 PM..
Old 04-03-2012, 01:45 PM   #644
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
No he didn't, he reminded lion-o that the evening bells haven't rung.
Lion-O was assured at that point there was no betrayal from Tygra.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:47 PM   #645
L08e16o
Quote:
Lion-O was assured at that point there was no betrayal from Tygra.
No he wasn't, Annet told them it would happen before the evening bells. He reminded him again that the bells have not rung. That is why he went up where tygra was.

Last edited by L08e16o; 04-03-2012 at 01:51 PM..
Old 04-03-2012, 01:50 PM   #646
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
They will not explain it. It adds to the drama.

Lion-o could say where was she in episode 14, she didn't have his back.
He wasn't expecting her to cover his back in that fight anyway, since he told them not to bother to enter the fight before he attacked. Lion-O had little trust in Cheetara from the very start of episode 14.

Quote:
Even adult's hearts are fragile.
Teenagers also have the emotional baggage.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:52 PM   #647
L08e16o
Quote:
He wasn't expecting her to cover his back in that fight anyway, since he told them not to bother to enter the fight before he attacked.

Teenagers also have the emotional baggage.
So does Adults. I work with a lot of middle age people and they have more problems than you would believe.

When she entered the fight, he did too.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:53 PM   #648
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
No he wasn't, Annet told them it would happen before the evening bells. He reminded him again that the bells have not rung. That is why he went up where tygra was.
Which was right after the biggest ordeal they faced, he was happy for a stone and Tygra's betrayal was wrong.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:57 PM   #649
L08e16o
Quote:
Which was right after the biggest ordeal they faced, he was happy for a stone and Tygra's betrayal was wrong.
He said he didn't hear the bells ring, the writer put that there. He went up there to check on tygra, but he found them. He felt betrayed by cheetara.

The build up was for the scene and the betrayal comes from that scene not the AP. When they started E14, they did a recap and they had Annet say his betrayal line again, they showed T/C kissing. That is what they were referring too.

The AP was just building it up more. You are thinking the betrayal part is over, but Annet's reminds him. He goes up there and the bells ring with them kissing.

Last edited by L08e16o; 04-03-2012 at 02:01 PM..
Old 04-03-2012, 03:00 PM   #650
Mako Crab
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
Somehow I doubt all the haters will be satisfied even then. Call it a hunch.
Mako Crab is offline   Reply With Quote