TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats News and Rumors

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 04:42 AM   #1
Batakameni
Thunder Kitty
"Hey guys, I can see now how my words have really made an impact. This wasn't really my intention. If you look at what I said, it doesn't say anything more than what it means. The show remains in hiatus. Period. The reality is we are not currently working on the show. Which is what hiatus means. What is said between WB to CN or Bandai is between them. Until there is an official post or disclaimer from any of those people, the show has not been officially canceled. I don't have the authority to make any such statement. Again, I can only say I'm on a different project at the moment, which is Beware the Batman. I did a few drawings on my deviant art site for fun for tcats fans to enjoy. I would feel terrible if fans never got any kinda notice that the show would end one way or another. I hope there is talks of continuing the series, I'd love to finish the story. That's it, much love...."
This message is from Dan Norton.

Last edited by Batakameni; 06-18-2013 at 01:22 AM..
Old 06-17-2013, 12:18 PM   #2
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Looks like a statement...
Old 06-18-2013, 01:24 AM   #3
Batakameni
Thunder Kitty
Yes i know this is a statement. But is it on hiatus or this some hope for show to continue
Old 06-18-2013, 09:26 AM   #4
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
It's dead

Time for us to move on
Old 06-18-2013, 10:08 AM   #5
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
THis was a statement made by Dan Norton prior to the official cancellation notice.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:03 PM   #6
1985thundercats
Thunder Kitty
where is the offical cancellation notice?
Old 06-18-2013, 05:29 PM   #7
Captn Cracka
Thunder Kitty
guys, it is what it is. its something dan said that we all know is true. the show is on hiatus. thats it. its not cancelled officially, but there are no current plans to move on with the series. The crew has moved on to other projects. Thundercats is currently in limbo and shall remain until Cartoon Network and or Warner Brothers decides what they want to do with the franchise. They probably believe they can make money on the brand but in a different way. It's not cancelled but it is being shelved until they figure out what to do.

My guess is the best that we could hope for and if we rally together behind having a Thundercats Hoo! straight to DVD Movie based on the new series for wrap things up and give hope for one day to be continued.

Getting the straight to DVD movie would 100% be based on a strong support from fans. I do believe that is our most realistic option to hope for.

Thundercats is a brand that the companies can make money on, and that is their main concern. So fans need to get behind the products that are released to show them that they can profit from Thundercats. ( i know it sucks to look at it that way but money is the driving force behind the companies.)

Last edited by Captn Cracka; 06-18-2013 at 05:43 PM..
Old 06-19-2013, 12:49 PM   #8
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captn Cracka View Post
guys, it is what it is. its something dan said that we all know is true. the show is on hiatus. thats it. its not cancelled officially, but there are no current plans to move on with the series. The crew has moved on to other projects. Thundercats is currently in limbo and shall remain until Cartoon Network and or Warner Brothers decides what they want to do with the franchise. They probably believe they can make money on the brand but in a different way. It's not cancelled but it is being shelved until they figure out what to do.

My guess is the best that we could hope for and if we rally together behind having a Thundercats Hoo! straight to DVD Movie based on the new series for wrap things up and give hope for one day to be continued.

Getting the straight to DVD movie would 100% be based on a strong support from fans. I do believe that is our most realistic option to hope for.

Thundercats is a brand that the companies can make money on, and that is their main concern. So fans need to get behind the products that are released to show them that they can profit from Thundercats. ( i know it sucks to look at it that way but money is the driving force behind the companies.)
you are in denial. It's ok. they have places that can help you.

Truth is, Thundercats are dead.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #9
Captn Cracka
Thunder Kitty
this version of Thundercats is dead. yes. but if it is canceled (that actual deal between cartoon network and WB ) probably then becomes void and over. So it is just being shelved (on hiatus) until they can come up with another way to go about it to make money. Hiatus would prolong any deals until final decisions are made.

The DVD is wishful thinking.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:56 PM   #10
Joe Moore
Administrator
This is a very old statement. This show is over. It's not coming back. Enjoy the reruns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Norton
"Guys, I love you. All of you for so much effort that has been spent trying to get TCats back on the air. I'm sorry though, it won't be coming back. Chima sealed the deal. It's the end of the road guys. Thank each and every one of you for all of your efforts and support. Maybe, someday, someone can try again."
Closed Thread