TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 10-13-2011, 09:20 AM   #1
asianstudnt87
Thunder Kitty
Just a thought...

The one single criticism I have with the new series is that there haven't been many female characters appearing in the episodes so far, not even as side characters(except for episode 7 with the tall cat lady).

I'm personally hoping that if new female warrior characters are introduced, they'll give at least a few of them classy historical clothing designs. Especially if they are villains.

I'm thinking something like in this scene:

What does everyone think?
asianstudnt87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:05 AM   #2
Haru of the Takaguro Dojo
Thunder Kitty
That style of clothing is quite a far departure from this TC series, if you ask me.

That video makes me think of Voltron more than anything. Princess Alurra kicking ass.

What was the name of that one female character in the original toon, who rode a space motorcycle? She kinda looked like Robocop if I recall correctly..
Haru of the Takaguro Dojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:27 PM   #3
asianstudnt87
Thunder Kitty
You think so? I thought that kind of elaborate design if implemented would provide a striking contrast to the more practical warrior-like costumes the main characters wear.

Besides, this type of design should only be for single-appearance characters. Too many of those designs would overwhelm the shows look.

Perhaps they could introduce East Asian style female warriors in flowing dress robes? Just try to imagine the contract in costume styles between the main characters and the elaborate guest characters.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_6fyaIP-cj0...ll+det-dee.jpg

Or even something like this:

I'd like to see Cheetara take on any of those characters one on one!
Old 10-28-2011, 10:12 AM   #4
Star Saber
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru of the Takaguro Dojo View Post
That style of clothing is quite a far departure from this TC series, if you ask me.

That video makes me think of Voltron more than anything. Princess Alurra kicking ass.

What was the name of that one female character in the original toon, who rode a space motorcycle? She kinda looked like Robocop if I recall correctly..
That would be Mandora the Evil Chaser.
Star Saber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:31 AM   #5
Ocicat
Thunder Kitty
She'd be good as would Willa the Warrior Maiden and of course Pumyra.
Ocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:39 PM   #6
Ulisa
Thunder Kitty
Personally, given how new the episodes are, I would like to see the Warrior Maidens. The new series has shown it can give old characters new twists without ruining their image, at least in my opinion, and that's a pretty difficult feat to pull off.

The Warrior Maidens were some of my favorites when they were first introduced in the old show. Their knowledge of Third Earth's plants, animals, landscape, etc. were useful and their skill with a bow was impressive to say the least. I never liked how they seemed to lose their skills as the show progressed. I think this new show is a good way to revamp them and maybe keep their skills useful.

Personally, I always prefered Nayda to Willa, namely her slight naiveness but then her ability to defend herself if need be. Willa seemed a bit too pompous to me at times but still made for an interesting character.

If we're talking villians, well, I always loved Chilla from the old series, though if the new series introduced Lunatac-like characters, it may not be for a while. Chilla intrigued me simply due to HOW ruthless and heartless she was, at least at first introduction. I think someone with her kind of ruthlessness, if not her power, would be interesting. A lot of villians, despite how cold they appear, usually seem to have SOME kind of moral code, or some line that they won't cross, either for their own benefit or some underlying reason. A villian who is completely and utterly without that would be interesting.
Ulisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:31 PM   #7
Cheetaraslover
Thunder Kitty
I'd like to see Pumyra as a ninja, cause that would be awesome.

Warrior Maidens were cool, they should returns, definitely.
Cheetaraslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:16 PM   #8
asianstudnt87
Thunder Kitty
This board mentions Warrior Maidens. How were they depicted in the original series?(ie. skin color, costume, overall character design)?

Also, does this board think any of these looks could be acceptable in the new series for female characters?
http://www.movieposterdb.com/posters...4_131ab38b.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-FU08j9OStg...65596bf0e1.jpg
Old 11-03-2011, 01:55 AM   #9
Haru of the Takaguro Dojo
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by asianstudnt87 View Post
This board mentions Warrior Maidens. How were they depicted in the original series?(ie. skin color, costume, overall character design)?

Also, does this board think any of these looks could be acceptable in the new series for female characters?
http://www.movieposterdb.com/posters...4_131ab38b.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-FU08j9OStg...65596bf0e1.jpg
The Warrior Maidens were Human jungle women. Sort of dressed in the style of Tarzan. Personally I don't think this new series is ready for humans yet. I really like that pretty much every race on the planet is some type of humanimal.

What sort of female characters are you thinking of for that type of wardrobe?
Haru of the Takaguro Dojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:46 AM   #10
Dedboy
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetaraslover View Post

This WOULD be awesome! Thundercats + Ninjas = AWESOME-SPLOSION!!! :]
Dedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 04:04 PM   #11
Steelheart
Silverhawk Sergeant
Well, we've already been told Pumyra will appear and have a 2-3 episode story arc in future episodes. I'm looking forward to that. I'd love to see the Warrior Maidens and Mandors the Evil Chaser too.
Steelheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:28 AM   #12
xhavoc86
Thunder Kitty
Pumyra will only have a 2-3 episode arc? LAME!

Her and Bengali and Lynx-O need to have bigger roles in this series than the original...
xhavoc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:07 PM   #13
Purrsia
Thunder Kitty
The warrior maidens are probably my favorite group of secondary characters - so much room for adding richness to the tcats universe through them, I do so hope the new series will introduce them.
Purrsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:33 PM   #14
king kahn
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetaraslover View Post

hell yeah! more ninjas are always a good thing.

I can not wait for mandora since hopefully the silverhawks will be coming with her.
king kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:09 PM   #15
Ulisa
Thunder Kitty
You know another group of characters came ot my mind tonight. I was reading through some of my old TCAT comics and came across the Nai People, a group of sea-going people who looked like they had grapes for hair. I don't remember much about them except that I thought they were intriguing. I wouldn't mind seeing them.

I also recall a character Lynxana from the comics, some kind of mercenary type of character. I liked her too. Villain-wise, I think Ta-She could have been an interesting adversary if she had been handled or used differently. If they could remodel her into something a little more complex, I think that could prove interesting
Ulisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:10 PM   #16
Purrsia
Thunder Kitty
It would be awesome if they used Lynxana from the comics - she has loads of potential for development.

A little OT, but I wonder if Mumm-Ra will have his shapeshifting abilities in the new series - he disguised himself as a female before, probably most memorably as the Nether Witch.
Purrsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:54 PM   #17
Steelheart
Silverhawk Sergeant
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhavoc86 View Post
Pumyra will only have a 2-3 episode arc? LAME!

Her and Bengali and Lynx-O need to have bigger roles in this series than the original...
She might stick around for longer than that. I don't know. Only that one of the interviews said that she would appear and get some focus for a few episodes. I hope she sticks around though. But it's cool to know she will be showing up in the new show.
Steelheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:51 AM   #18
asianstudnt87
Thunder Kitty
To Haru of the Takaguro Dojo :

In response to your question 'What sort of female characters are you thinking of for that type of wardrobe?'

I'm thinking they could be an evil troupe of courtesan-entertainers who use their beauty, charm and verbal wit to lure travellers into their highland rest centre. The basic idea involves all of the main characters falling for they charms and tricks, and only Snarf and the two kids can save the adults from mortal peril.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:45 AM   #19
Bengali of Thundera
Banned
Whenever Pumyra appears in the show (I heard season 2) I just hope Andre Romano thinks about Hynden Walch while making the voice castting for her!!
Bengali of Thundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:04 AM   #20
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
The future female Thundercats they should bring in are Jaguara and Pumy-Ra.
vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:30 AM   #21
darthktempus
Thunder Kitty
I'd like them to bring in pumyra and somehow jaguara as well
darthktempus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #22
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
I'm curious how they would introduce the Warrior Maidens and Mandora if they do show them.
nitewing73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:18 PM   #23
Captn Cracka
Thunder Kitty
I can easily see them bringing Mandora into the series. Especially since we have seen in the flashback episodes that space travel was possible and its a road that they have gone down and would be eventually getting into again. I was never a big Mandora fan but I can see them bringing her into it.
Captn Cracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:45 AM   #24
Shadowknight1
Thunder Kitty
I personally think Pumyra needs to show up as a new possible romantic interest for Lion-O considering that Cheetara screwed him over.

Besides, his ancestor went with a panther-like cat, why can't he?
Shadowknight1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:01 PM   #25
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
BOOM! Necropost! Reviving now that we're all the more closer to Pumyra's debut and there just needs to be more Pumyra in general.

Let's here all those crazy theories, I'll start:

Given the show's love of "backstory through flashback" I'm willing to lay odds that Pumyra is a childhood friend of Lion-O's, possibly the younger relative of the woman who acted as his nurse/caregiver when he was a child. She was someone he could be the bigger, braver one with as opposed to Tygra. The two were probably separated when Lion-O's education kicked into high gear and will find each other again in The Pit, leading to a "She/He is all grown up" moment.
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:49 AM   #26
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
I wouldn't be surprised if Pumyra was Lion-O's childhood friend and they could hook up as a counterpoint to Tygra/ Cheetara.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:10 AM   #27
merlin
wizard
maybe cheertah 's sister show up in series
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:13 PM   #28
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
If they do decide to make Pumyra Lion-O's love interest perhaps the best way to do it is to make her sort of like Julie from Ben 10, she's his love interest (and eventual girlfriend) but is ultimately a secondary character. Their relationship is important, but not the focus of the show.
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #29
Mum Star
Thunder Kitty
I'd love to see Mandora show up. Although if the Silverhawks do get used, I don't see many ways in which Mandora would be different from them. And speaking of charecters from the original series, I wonder how Mum-Rana could be done.
Mum Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:11 PM   #30
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
We may get our wish for future Thundercats when next episode Curse of Ratilla airs next weekend.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:18 PM   #31
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman77 View Post
We may get our wish for future Thundercats when next episode Curse of Ratilla airs next weekend.
Maybe this is where Bengali will get introduced. Then again they probably would put it in the episode description if he is going to be shown, like they did with Pumyra.
nitewing73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:15 PM   #32
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
I would like to see future female Thundercats such as Jaguara and Leah.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:04 PM   #33
Sining
Thunder Kitty
The cynic in me says 'new females? Why would they need new females? They already have love interests for most of the males already' -_- Mostly because thats what females in this series seem to be relegated to
Sining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:45 PM   #34
nickanu
Thunder Kitty
I would like to see a female character with a sense of humor.....

a character that has a little more to her.......not irritated and moody (like Pumyra) or have no character at all (like Cheetara)....

I don't know if all the guys that write this are all guys but whoever they are they sure don't know how to write a convincing female character.....at least they haven't yet..
nickanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:14 AM   #35
Sining
Thunder Kitty
i was thinking the same thing too. That all the writers must be male because none of their female characters are really believable.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:49 AM   #36
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
All the writers have been male. If only they had a man like Miyazaki who makes women awesome looking and gives them development.......if we do get more female characters, i'm not holding out any hope that they'll be anything worthwhile.
hollowdheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:23 AM   #37
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Well I think they could bring in the Amazon Village from OS but tweak it where the inhabitants are animals of various species while all female. The leader and daughter could be cat people.

It would be kinda funny for the females to be attracted to the TC guys. Cheetara gets a little jealous when Tygra gets attention.

Young girls have a crush on Wilykat.
Singe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:07 AM   #38
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Step 1) Introduce female
Step 2) Have Lion-O and female get into what seems like a romantic relationship
Step 3) ???
Step 4) Have female break Lion-Os heart in season finale.

Repeat till TC is cancelled or finished.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:29 AM   #39
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singe View Post
Well I think they could bring in the Amazon Village from OS but tweak it where the inhabitants are animals of various species while all female. The leader and daughter could be cat people.

It would be kinda funny for the females to be attracted to the TC guys. Cheetara gets a little jealous when Tygra gets attention.

Young girls have a crush on Wilykat.
Or cheetara might find it funny if the big muscular females are chasing around tygra to hug and squeeze him to death and he's literall afraid of them until cheetara steps in and puts an end to it then the "relationship based on saving each other" line comes up again. Kit says to the young girls "you leave my brother alone" and kat says "thanks sis". Snarf will be all while panthro is and "says wheres the food around here I'm blasted hungry". And lion-o is still thinking on how he got played again

Last edited by Big Snarf; 06-18-2012 at 10:49 AM..
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:29 PM   #40
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
Or cheetara might find it funny if the big muscular females are chasing around tygra to hug and squeeze him to death and he's literall afraid of them until cheetara steps in and puts an end to it then the "relationship based on saving each other" line comes up again. Kit says to the young girls "you leave my brother alone" and kat says "thanks sis". Snarf will be all while panthro is and "says wheres the food around here I'm blasted hungry". And lion-o is still thinking on how he got played again
They could do some joke where Lion-O has the Sword of Omens out in short form and when another cat girl touches him/sword it extends to the full length. She gets all impressed by his sword.
Singe is offline   Reply With Quote