TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 06-04-2012, 08:00 PM   #101
turbo409uk
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
We now know they are after the tech stone. I wonder what's its potential, exactly.
Maybe it's used as a power source to keep the city (or whatever it is) in the sky. So the ThunderCats are torn between needing the stone, but if they take it, they risk the city coming crashing down to earth and killing everyone.

Or Mumm-ra could steal the stone, the bird people blame the ThunderCats and Mumm-ra uses that as an excuse to recruit them into his army.
turbo409uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #102
stac
Thunder Kitty
It’s really disappointing; what happened to Pumyra, Cheetara and the Kits this episode? The men go off on an adventure while the women and children sit at home? They should either get more women on the team or men who can actually write interesting female characters. Actually, a complete change in the writing team may be required.

I have more reason to care about the Soul Sever than Cheetara. Is it so hard so spend some time building her character? And Pumyra, the tough gladiator from the pit, has had way too many damsel-in-distress moments all so that the (badly done) Lion-O/Pumyra pairing could happen.
stac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:32 PM   #103
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Lion-o needs that gender swap to Lion-a. That would put more female focus on the series. Also an artist needs to make a picture of her.

Lion-a: I am Lion-a, Lady of the Thundercats.
Tygra: Sounds funny, princess. It doesn't have that authority of Lord which sounds better for a male.
Lion-a: *Hits Tygra below the belt, causing him to fall to one knee squirming.* It's Queen and you best hold your tongue, brother. Otherwise, Lady Cheetara will not be expecting any kittens from you.
Tygra: *Teary* Yes, my queen.

Last edited by Singe; 06-04-2012 at 11:37 PM..
Singe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:45 PM   #104
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singe View Post
Lion-o needs that gender swap to Lion-a. That would put more female focus on the series. Also an artist needs to make a picture of her.
Thundercats - Never Retreat by *piku-chan on deviantART
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:34 AM   #105
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
I would like them to go back to the planet they are from and keep the two ambassadors from the OS on third earth.
Only this tygra would be dead in a week or using a pooper scooper in dog city to clean up after dobo
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:55 AM   #106
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:

Lion-a: I am Lion-a, Lady of the Thundercats.
Tygra: Sounds funny, princess. It doesn't have that authority of Lord which sounds better for a male.
Lion-a: *Hits Tygra below the belt, causing him to fall to one knee squirming.* It's Queen and you best hold your tongue, brother. Otherwise, Lady Cheetara will not be expecting any kittens from you.
Tygra: *Teary* Yes, my queen.
So wouldn't that make tygr-a a female who screams at the top of his/her lungs "I wanna be the queen too"
Old 06-05-2012, 07:58 AM   #107
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Sadly that take on thundercats looks more interesting. Alternate universe thundercats
Old 06-05-2012, 06:18 PM   #108
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
I dont understand why or how anyone could like such episode like this1 or the one last week. I swear these shows are getting boring, or/have nothing to do with the "main' story at hand.
Funny how i loved the one 2 weeks ago. with the wily's yet nobody liked that1. That1 was prob the best yet!
This show seems to be missing alot of keys, cat's lair, grun's death or whereabout. the thundertank's abilty. more about tower of omans, Lion-o on being a complete dumbass, panthro's stupid arms, I really dunno where to begin, its all a mess, Somehow very few of these shows are fun to watch but not as a whole.
Just when you think they get better, they get worse. or uneven.
JASONKAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #109
Mum Star
Thunder Kitty
I've been watching the original series, and that had some problems too. Here's a few that seemed to develop.

-The sword of Omens just kept getting new powers. Serously, non of the Thundercats other than Lion-O mattered after a while because he'd just yell Ho and the SoO would fix the problem.

-Villian Decay. I actually was hoping they'd let some of the villians get minor wins on occasion. Would it really have been so bad if the Lunataks got to new Thundera?

The new show's issues is that it hasn't been living up to the promise of the early episodes, and it seems like charecter development is very wonky.
Mum Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:53 PM   #110
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
So wouldn't that make tygr-a a female who screams at the top of his/her lungs "I wanna be the queen too"
Nah, keeping Tygra a male would add a flavor of a sexist attitude to his character when treating Lion-a as inferior because he doesn't respect her.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:48 PM   #111
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Nah, keeping Tygra a male would add a flavor of a sexist attitude to his character when treating Lion-a as inferior because he doesn't respect her.
Yea but his name is tygr-a not tygr-o maybe he acts the way he acts because he wants to be a female . He can still have a sexist attitude like mr. garrison from south park
Old 06-05-2012, 10:55 PM   #112
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum Star View Post
I've been watching the original series, and that had some problems too. Here's a few that seemed to develop.

-The sword of Omens just kept getting new powers. Serously, non of the Thundercats other than Lion-O mattered after a while because he'd just yell Ho and the SoO would fix the problem.

-Villian Decay. I actually was hoping they'd let some of the villians get minor wins on occasion. Would it really have been so bad if the Lunataks got to new Thundera?

The new show's issues is that it hasn't been living up to the promise of the early episodes, and it seems like charecter development is very wonky.
I think the only new power the sword got in the OS was letting lion-o teleport
Old 06-06-2012, 09:39 PM   #113
Mum Star
Thunder Kitty
Just off the top of my head...
Frozen village? The sword has a defrost feature.
Super powered giant Mumm-Ra banished the other cats to limbo? The sword gathers their spirits and join's their strength to Lion-O's.
Gyroscope that keeps New Thundera from falling apart destroyed? The Sword can substitute for it.
Need to boot Mumm-Ra from the Lair? Sword projects the Thundercats symbol, and then the symbol shoots a homing energy cat at Mumm-Ra.
Mumm-ra using an eclipse to make the Thundercats stuff fall apart? Use the Sword to project the Thundercats symbol on the sun, not only breaking Mumm-Ra's spell but making everything better than new!
Again, just off the top of my head.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:48 PM   #114
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Quote:
Super powered giant Mumm-Ra banished the other cats to limbo? The sword gathers their spirits and join's their strength to Lion-O's.
Gyroscope that keeps New Thundera from falling apart destroyed? The Sword can substitute for it.
Need to boot Mumm-Ra from the Lair? Sword projects the Thundercats symbol, and then the symbol shoots a homing energy cat at Mumm-Ra.
Mumm-ra using an eclipse to make the Thundercats stuff fall apart? Use the Sword to project the Thundercats symbol on the sun, not only breaking Mumm-Ra's spell but making everything better than new!
The OS SoO was SO bad ass dude!!
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:47 AM   #115
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
That was one of the things that annoyed me in the OS. Every time the cats had a genuinely difficult problem to solve the Sword of Omens would just pull a new power out of its... hilt and everything would be fine. There was nothing it couldn't do.
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:01 AM   #116
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
That was one of the things that annoyed me in the OS. Every time the cats had a genuinely difficult problem to solve the Sword of Omens would just pull a new power out of its... hilt and everything would be fine. There was nothing it couldn't do.
In all seriousness, that is what made the SoO so epic. It was as if the OS SoO was "alive" or had a mind of its own. Yes, I do see your points but remember, we are watching "fantasy". The OS seems a lot more fantasy to me then the NS. Compare the two swords: the OS and the NS SoO and I'll take the OS SoO hands down.

The SoO has been greatly neglected in this new series. I'm not saying it should be able to do anything, but it should be put to better use. When was the last time we saw Sight Beyond Sight? I honestly can't remember.

For old and new fans, the Sword is pretty much synonymous with Lion-O. It should be an integral part of his game plan. Much like Luke and his Light Saber.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:11 AM   #117
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Quote:
Jaga's ghost did that, not the Sword.

I may be getting some episodes a bit muddled, but I think some of the others are wrong too.
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:25 AM   #118
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexofThundera View Post
In all seriousness, that is what made the SoO so epic. It was as if the OS SoO was "alive" or had a mind of its own. Yes, I do see your points but remember, we are watching "fantasy". The OS seems a lot more fantasy to me then the NS. Compare the two swords: the OS and the NS SoO and I'll take the OS SoO hands down.

The SoO has been greatly neglected in this new series. I'm not saying it should be able to do anything, but it should be put to better use. When was the last time we saw Sight Beyond Sight? I honestly can't remember.

For old and new fans, the Sword is pretty much synonymous with Lion-O. It should be an integral part of his game plan. Much like Luke and his Light Saber.
I think some fans just dont' want lion-o or the SoO all that powerful. They want their favorite character (Tygra) to shine.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:39 AM   #119
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
I stopped watching it after 25-30 episodes, the show became so predictable. Either the sword, or Jaga could do a Deus ex Machina and resolve everything. Amd when the sword was broken, they gave the show another character whose sole purpose (did Bengali ever do any other thing of importance?) was to fix it.

Quote:
I think some fans just dont' want lion-o or the SoO all that powerful. They want their favorite character (Tygra) to shine.
You are just bitter 'cause you want Tygra to be a forgettable nobody like he was in the old show, right? It's the same old Prowl vs. Ironhide debate in Transformers. Fans of the G1 cartoon want Ironhide to be Prime's right-hand guy 'cause he was the closest thing to that in the old toon, fans of the G1 comic prefer the loyal and logical Prowl. But generally, they are both happy when we get both characters in a comic.

You also seem to forget this Lion-O is a kid. He does not have a powerfull He-Man ripoff body nor does he have constant access to a ghost who can tell him anything he wants to know. Think back, old Lion-O had it really, really easy. He even had a nursemaid constantly worrying about him. The new one does not have this luxury.

Last edited by BB Shockwave; 06-07-2012 at 09:43 AM..
BB Shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #120
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
I stopped watching it after 25-30 episodes, the show became so predictable. Either the sword, or Jaga could do a Deus ex Machina and resolve everything. Amd when the sword was broken, they gave the show another character whose sole purpose (did Bengali ever do any other thing of importance?) was to fix it.

You are just bitter 'cause you want Tygra to be a forgettable nobody like he was in the old show, right? It's the same old Prowl vs. Ironhide debate in Transformers. Fans of the G1 cartoon want Ironhide to be Prime's right-hand guy 'cause he was the closest thing to that in the old toon, fans of the G1 comic prefer the loyal and logical Prowl. But generally, they are both happy when we get both characters in a comic.

You also seem to forget this Lion-O is a kid. He does not have a powerfull He-Man ripoff body nor does he have constant access to a ghost who can tell him anything he wants to know. Think back, old Lion-O had it really, really easy. He even had a nursemaid constantly worrying about him. The new one does not have this luxury.
Like the tygra from the OS. Don't like narcissistic people.

This is lion-o's show even if MJ wanted lion-o to finish second in everything with tygra.

17 is not a kid anymore. When I was in bootcamp, we had 17 year olds. They didn't act like how lion-o did with pumyra too. Maybe if he was 13, that would've been different.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:00 AM   #121
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
When excalibur destroyed the eye of thundera the cats practically died so one can make the assumption that their spirits are connected to the eye, so gathering the cats spirits isn't too far stretched. If the sword of plundar destroyed thundera on the flip sid the sword of omens can sustain it but I think they said it couldn't hold the planet together infinitely. The sword is good magic so it should be able to break mumm-ra's spell and reverse what was done. The teleporting thing is like the only new thing I think it did. When the sword turned into a limbo form so jaga could fight grune was a bit far fetched. The sword was just so powerful thats what made it so memorable.

Last edited by Big Snarf; 06-07-2012 at 10:04 AM..
Old 06-07-2012, 10:15 AM   #122
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Quote:
When the sword turned into a limbo form so jaga could fight grune was a bit far fetched. The sword was just so powerful thats what made it so memorable.
That (The Ghost Warrior) episode is easily one of my top 10 favorite episodes of the OS.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:17 AM   #123
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:

Aside from bengali two other people fixed the sword as well so I don't think that was begali's sole purpose. Tygra wasn't a forgettable nobody who could forget his addiction problem. The OS tygra brought more to the table as opposed to the NS tygra does. If the NS cheetara did her job she would be what jaga in the OS was to lion-o. Plus I think if lion-o needed to talk to jaga like the he did in the OS he could as it was shown that he spoke with all of them when they saw him in the sky the writing seems to be all over the place

Last edited by Big Snarf; 06-07-2012 at 10:32 AM..
Old 06-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #124
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Like the tygra from the OS. Don't like narcissistic people.

This is lion-o's show even if MJ wanted lion-o to finish second in everything with tygra.

17 is not a kid anymore. When I was in bootcamp, we had 17 year olds. They didn't act like how lion-o did with pumyra too. Maybe if he was 13, that would've been different.
What other shows did MJ do ?
Old 06-07-2012, 11:08 AM   #125
L08e16o
Quote:
What other shows did MJ do ?
Batman Brave and Bold.
Wonder Women
Old 06-07-2012, 12:07 PM   #126
stormbringer
Quote:

The OS Tygra wasn't forgettable, even the NS writers didn't forget him, they just apparently forgot what made him likeable since they gave him a completely different personality in the NS.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:38 PM   #127
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Just out of pure speculation, the Silverhawks reside in that floating city.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:42 PM   #128
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
The OS Tygra wasn't forgettable, even the NS writers didn't forget him, they just apparently forgot what made him likeable since they gave him a completely different personality in the NS.
Perhaps I am in the minority but I always liked Tygra in the original.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:44 PM   #129
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Quote:
Just out of pure speculation, the Silverhawks reside in that floating city.
I'm thinking it's going to be Vultureman as it appears the stone is in the sky and not so far up as space.

Plus the episode synopsis pretty much states the city is ruled by birds.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:49 PM   #130
stormbringer
Quote:
I liked the OS Tygra too. He seemed very calm and wise, it made sense that Lion-o made him his second in command.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:41 PM   #131
test
You don't stand a chance
I'd rather have old series tygra than the new lol Infact I'd much rather take any old series characters over the new apart from kit and Kat and snarf who are a massive improvement.

I still enjoy the new series but secretely wish it could be started over again by a more competent writer who doesn't scrap all of the best bits from the original.

And I seriously hate how these guys are basically a bunch of scared pansies that are still on the run with no permanent base or even any future plan to build one.

Thundercats are powerful, alpha males who nobody messed with unless they have a death wish. They build tanks and fortresses in what seems like a few days , they are the most powerful force on third earth apart from mumm ra ...... Seriously these new guys just need bitch slapping for their weakness and lack of basic organization skills.
test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:58 PM   #132
Mum Star
Thunder Kitty
It was just too convienent for the Cats that the original SoO would do just what was needed. I don't mind it bieng really powerful, but I do feel it hurt things when Lion-O could just yell "HO" and fix things. By the end of the series the other cats were largely redundent. I just figure that before you start the series you should figure out what all the powers of the charecters and their weapons are. On the other hand the Sword does not seem as powerful as it should be in the new show.

Honestly their is a lot of good concepts in the new show, and their were definitly flaws in the old. Both have things I would take if I were to do Thundercats. Actually once the season is over, I'll put up my ideas for how I'd do Thundercats.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:08 PM   #133
L08e16o
Quote:
It was just too convienent for the Cats that the original SoO would do just what was needed. I don't mind it bieng really powerful, but I do feel it hurt things when Lion-O could just yell "HO" and fix things. By the end of the series the other cats were largely redundent. I just figure that before you start the series you should figure out what all the powers of the charecters and their weapons are. On the other hand the Sword does not seem as powerful as it should be in the new show.

Honestly their is a lot of good concepts in the new show, and their were definitly flaws in the old. Both have things I would take if I were to do Thundercats. Actually once the season is over, I'll put up my ideas for how I'd do Thundercats.
Art and music is the only thing I like over the OS.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:13 AM   #134
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Aside from bengali two other people fixed the sword as well so I don't think that was begali's sole purpose. Tygra wasn't a forgettable nobody who could forget his addiction problem. The OS tygra brought more to the table as opposed to the NS tygra does. If the NS cheetara did her job she would be what jaga in the OS was to lion-o. Plus I think if lion-o needed to talk to jaga like the he did in the OS he could as it was shown that he spoke with all of them when they saw him in the sky the writing seems to be all over the place
I am sorry, what addiction problem? I watched 25 episodes or more, that was mentioned in ONE episode, and it was a magic flower thing that Mumm-ra conjured up. Other then that ONE episode, Tygra was only there to get captured and be rescued by Lion-O like when he entered that cave which aged him... Aaaand, frankly, that's all I can remember of him. Cheetara and Panthro had much more characterisation then him. Heck, Snarf had more characterisation.
BB Shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:32 AM   #135
Mum Star
Thunder Kitty
Tygra got addicted to the power of an artifact called The Keystone in a latter episode, and it was pretty clearly a drug addiction stand in. Interestingly enough, it was also one of the few episodes we saw him at his drafting table.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:52 PM   #136
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I am sorry, what addiction problem? I watched 25 episodes or more, that was mentioned in ONE episode, and it was a magic flower thing that Mumm-ra conjured up. Other then that ONE episode, Tygra was only there to get captured and be rescued by Lion-O like when he entered that cave which aged him... Aaaand, frankly, that's all I can remember of him. Cheetara and Panthro had much more characterisation then him. Heck, Snarf had more characterisation.
Cheetara was the one who saved him from the cave but lion-o saved him from the four winds machine in another ep . Each cat had their moment when they needed to be rescued. As for characterization it is unfair to compare any of them to the awesomeness of snarf but tygra was the intellect of the group, panthro was the action character hence when his theme music came on you knew it was going to be an action sequence.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:46 PM   #137
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Quote:
panthro was the action character hence when his theme music came on you knew it was going to be an action sequence.
Dude, if they would have had an "updated" version of his OS theme song play when he first appeared in the NS I would have gone ape shit!
Old 06-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #138
test
You don't stand a chance
Man that was epic .... You knew Panthro was about to have a fight when that theme played or if it was the sped up version then it was thundertank time lol ......they all had their own theme though even tygra .... I think the first episode you heard all their themes was in the slaves of castle plun date .... Aside from the kittens and liono
test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #139
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Dude, if they would have had an "updated" version of his OS theme song play when he first appeared in the NS I would have gone ape shit!
Yea if they played it when he jumped out the tank to fight grune in ep 13 would've been epic
Old 06-08-2012, 05:18 PM   #140
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
Anybody eles noticed the wily's are back but were only seen for a few at the begining, and never showed how they got back since they were to far from the rest of the group.
JASONKAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:35 PM   #141
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONKAT View Post
Anybody eles noticed the wily's are back but were only seen for a few at the begining, and never showed how they got back since they were to far from the rest of the group.
That is MJs "it happen off screen" stuff.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:06 PM   #142
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:
I'm in the minority with you Alex because OS Tygra rocked.

Reboot Tygra is old condom juice compared to the original.
AnonymousIncognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:09 PM   #143
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by test View Post
I'd rather have old series tygra than the new lol Infact I'd much rather take any old series characters over the new apart from kit and Kat and snarf who are a massive improvement.

I still enjoy the new series but secretely wish it could be started over again by a more competent writer who doesn't scrap all of the best bits from the original.
I find it interesting that reboot Tygra and Pumyra are the only cats that don't have anything characterwise in common with their OS counterparts.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:14 PM   #144
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:
Art and music is the only thing I like over the OS.
I actually liked the OS music better (Jaga's theme, Tygra's theme)so art is the only thing the reboot has done better to me.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:24 AM   #145
Mum Star
Thunder Kitty
It is sort of sad that they didn't reuse the charecters themes somehow. When it was a nice touch, and each charecter's themes fit their personality.

TOS Tygra had a fairly subdued personality most of the time. He was reasonably calm and level headed. Makes it sorta funny that when they wanted an addiction story, they went with him. He also got hypnotized by that vampire mermaid the one time, LOL. So I guess some people feel he was a bit weaker willed than the other Cats.

Pumrya never really got much development and personality in TOS either. She was sorta a girl, who didn't have Cheetara's powers. Her medical skills get mentioned in exactly one scene.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:26 AM   #146
Mum Star
Thunder Kitty
It is sort of sad that they didn't reuse the charecters themes somehow. When it was a nice touch, and each charecter's themes fit their personality.

TOS Tygra had a fairly subdued personality most of the time. He was reasonably calm and level headed. Makes it sorta funny that when they wanted an addiction story, they went with him. He also got hypnotized by that vampire mermaid the one time, LOL. So I guess some people feel he was a bit weaker willed than the other Cats.

Pumrya never really got much development and personality in TOS either. She was sorta a girl, who didn't have Cheetara's powers. Her medical skills get mentioned in exactly one scene.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:57 AM   #147
Morf
Thunder Kitty
The villain design is awfully close to the Skorize warriors for the lately Confrontation game:
Morf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:57 PM   #148
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
I can see the Soul Sever serving under Mumm-Ra.
vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote