TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 02-14-2011, 08:13 PM   #1
-sdp
Thunder Kitty
Well I started watching Thundercats and figured I'd be having a few small questions along the way and didn't want to clutter the forum with topics for each one so decided just to make this general topic, of course its not just for me anyone else that wants to can also post their questions. Anyways to start off the thread:

1-How come the mutants did not age? I'm guessing they stayed in their suspension chambers?

2-Why did Lion-o age? I've read online that his suspension chamber malfunction but in the actual pilot they make no mention of this, in fact Jaga mentions you do age a little in the chambers, which brings to the next question, why did no one else age, Lion-O seemed the same age as wilykit/kat but they stayed the same.

3-How does Mumm-ra know of the eye of thunderra/thundercats?

If any question is explained later in the show just mention it.
-sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:38 PM   #2
JohnnyAngel77
Thunder Kitty
I have wondered about #2 as well.
JohnnyAngel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:40 PM   #3
trebleshot
Sight Beyond Sight
Quote:
Originally Posted by -sdp View Post
1-How come the mutants did not age? I'm guessing they stayed in their suspension chambers?
I'm not sure, but having suspension chambers of their own sounds right. They are space-faring races, after all. Maybe it also has something to do with them being mutants and having different lifespans.

Quote:
2-Why did Lion-o age? I've read online that his suspension chamber malfunction but in the actual pilot they make no mention of this, in fact Jaga mentions you do age a little in the chambers, which brings to the next question, why did no one else age, Lion-O seemed the same age as wilykit/kat but they stayed the same.
I believe later in the season (like the first couple of regular episodes) they go into a little more detail about the malfunction and why he was only partially affected.

And I think at the beginning Lion-O is only a year or two older than the twins.

Quote:
3-How does Mumm-ra know of the eye of thunderra/thundercats?
Saw it/them in a vision.

...whew, this is making me want to go back and watch the series all over again.
trebleshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:23 PM   #4
-sdp
Thunder Kitty
I realize many of these questions don't have answers besides "its a cartoon" but thought I'd mention them anyways.

1-In the pilot we see a bunch of mutants in Third Earth, what happened to them all? Maybe they were in the ship that Mumm-ra sank?

2- The Mutants mention they could call back up before Mumm-Ra sinks the ship, I thought it took them light years to get there wouldn't they have to wait their whole lives to get there? that didn't make much sense.

3- How did the Thundercats build their lair? I know they have help from the Ro-bears and that its a cartoon but still that is not plausible to be built from the space ship so quickly not to mention the Ro-Bears don't have great architecture in their village not to mention there aren't alot of them and they aren't particularly strong.

4-So when he transformed into Pumm-Ra he lasted a long time, this was after transforming into the ever living so can he last longer if he's not using his Ever Living mode even if he technically was?

5-Do we find out more about Mumm-Ra or Third Earth later? Because I feel really in the dark about things and I hope they answer some questions.

6-So the Thundercats plan to re-establish the glory of Thunderra on Third Earth? Doesn't that make them basically Conquistadors and they are taking a land that is not technically theirs? Not very sympathetic. Not to mention how would they do it if all the other ships were destroyed I mean after all theres only two females in the group and that can't re-form a civilization....

7-If the sword of omen can't be used for evil why do evil people want it? And what is so powerful about it? It seems like a regular sword for the most part and all the eye of thunderra does is a [del]bat signal[/del] glorified flash light.

edit: some more questions but to not double post i'll just add them here:

1- Why does mumm-ra mention he is the ruler of third earth, he doesn't seem to rule anything, in fact the whole place is very divided with plenty of factions and civilizations and he doesn't seem to be in control of anything.

2-I thought they found a place(s) to get Thunderium(sp?) in Third Earth, why do they act like they have none just two episodes later.

3- Why exactly can they see Jaga's ghost?

---

1- so is the astral world where you go after you die?

2-Theres episodes were they are in Mumm-Ra's lair and defeat him, he goes in his coffin and they just leave....why not get rid of him once and for all?/

3- The deleted scenes of Exodus mention the Mutants made an alliance between different "factions", was the Vultureman race mentioned?

4-The Thundercats assume Mumm-Ra is dead after Lion-O's anointment, yet they never seem shocked he isn't dead later.

--

1-Safari Joe, well the whole episode in general is terrible but how exactly does he know all the strengths and weaknesses of the thundercats, I mean he knows them better than anyone on Third Earth, hell even I learned a few new things I didn't know about them.

----

1-what happened to the rat mutant?

2- so cheetarah likes Lion-O?

3- The thundercats can breathe in space?

4-the eye of thunderra gives all the TC extra powers when they are called upon right?

5- why do the TC never finish the job when they defeat the mutants or mumm-ra why do they keep letting them go?

is Luna queen Luna? so they were in third earth first then the moons of plundarr?

Jaga had the eye of thunderra and not Lion-o's father?

Eye of thunderra sentient?

why do the mutants keep trusting Mumm-Ra?

last episode of S1 were they illusions or the actual villains?

mumm-rana lost her powers by damaging the pyramid, same for mumm-ra? the statues fell in thundercubs episode.

darkside forbidden by who?

vultureman friends of lunataks? explains his absences

how far is thunderra anyway? everyone seems to be linked to it somehow.

How did snarf get the everliving powers, thought the ancient spirits wouldn't let him.

where did mamutt comefrom?

police woman arrest third earth?

mumm-ra's pyramid in third earth how? he destroyed in episodes before the statues.

mutants callf or back up.

snarfs from snarf planet go to thunderra?

-mumm-ra begging? Lion-O saving him? odd the pyramid can rebuild itself? why not open the book the episode after? time capsule forgotten. new TCs forgotten. why not stay in thunderra to rebuild it? tygras psychic powers?

-where did the other thunderrians on new thunderra come from?

-captn cracker stranded why? we never saw that.
-thunderrians have clothes
frogman a mutant?

Last edited by -sdp; 04-20-2011 at 11:41 AM..
-sdp is offline   Reply With Quote