TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > WilyKit's Corner - Thundercats Creative > Thundercats Customs Projects

Old 05-24-2012, 11:03 PM   #1
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
The first is a full restoration. Mine was destroyed as a child and repainted like a asshole as a teen. The eye is being fully grinded down and cleaned up. The paint will be stripped, and resealed cracks and buffed.

The Dagger one, will feature a custom eye, and have a short blade with a cartoon hilt paint job. The new blade is FUCKING EPIC, I think I nailed it. Im doing this for a client.

The resin one is for a youtube show. It was that shitty one that you can buy at party stores, fully grinded down, and bondo'd with restin patches to make it semi clean. If you look up my old thread, you can see Ive worked wonders with these.

The 1985v2011 one is a custom job im doing for a client. We havent decided if im going to mend the blade or use a 2011 blade. I am however using the electronics of the new one. Fully custom paint job however my guy wants it.

The cartoon accurate one was the worst. I mended the blade, and rebuilt the whole sword. Its gunna look like LJN wasnt smoking dope and did the job right. This is gunna be signed by larry kenney and framed in glass. This will be auctioned off for a fundraiser!!

Shoot some feedback over guys! HO!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Swords2.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	1340
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:41 PM   #2
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Very cool
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:41 AM   #3
dpcphoto
ThunderCats Hooooo!
Totally awesome!!!
dpcphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:43 AM   #4
Grippen
Thunder Kitty
are these real size swords?
Grippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:19 AM   #5
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
I'm interested to see how they turn out. I think I have 5 or 6 sword variations.
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:53 AM   #6
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippen View Post
are these real size swords?
Nope these are the LJN ones from 1985. But in terms of size they are the role play ones kids played with, so they are pretty large. The middle one is almost full sized, and I make them to sell. Rubies did a OK job, but really fell short as their stuff cracked and peeled right away with their shitty paint jobs and giant air bubble holes left in the sword.

Indy wich ones do you have? I think the only one to this did that aludes me is the Greece bootleg. Id LOVE to have that in my collection, its the same as the LJN one with a fat handle for 2 AA's, and was sold in a ton of bizzare colors. If you have that, im coming over to borrow it...... borrow......
Old 05-25-2012, 11:02 AM   #7
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kregermeister View Post
Indy wich ones do you have? I think the only one to this did that aludes me is the Greece bootleg. Id LOVE to have that in my collection, its the same as the LJN one with a fat handle for 2 AA's, and was sold in a ton of bizzare colors. If you have that, im coming over to borrow it...... borrow......
I might know something about that one...
Old 05-25-2012, 11:13 AM   #8
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyCat View Post
I might know something about that one...
I hate you... lol

There was a time when Ian Burkhard (remember him?) Was selling these at wholesale for like 20 bucks each. Then POOF he and the swords vanished. I think its more that I wanna know what sounds it makes more so than I want it lol!

I actually sold my argentina bootleg, cause it just sucked. There is nothing worse than having a LJN sword with a flat sticker eye and the guts ripped out.

Last edited by Kregermeister; 05-25-2012 at 11:18 AM..
Old 05-25-2012, 11:35 AM   #9
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kregermeister View Post
I hate you... lol

There was a time when Ian Burkhard (remember him?) Was selling these at wholesale for like 20 bucks each. Then POOF he and the swords vanished. I think its more that I wanna know what sounds it makes more so than I want it lol!

I actually sold my argentina bootleg, cause it just sucked. There is nothing worse than having a LJN sword with a flat sticker eye and the guts ripped out.
No idea he Ian Burkard is?? I dont remember anyone selling them.

Mine did indeed come from Greece. But does not have any place to put batteries and doesnt make sounds....but....

...other then color, you would think this came stright out of the LJN factory. The plastic is even the same type (hardness and texture)

I bought mine as a "prototype" but have no verification. eitherway, I was happy to get it no matter what its called.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #10
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
No sound? Hm.... Could be 2 different swords then. What color is yours? The last one that was on eBay was 6 years ago, I'll dig up the picture later. The handle is a new sculpt designed for 2 double a's that was for sure. The sword was available in pink, green, red and black.

Oh and Ian was the dude who ran "the ultimate thundercats fan site", really a great guy, it's a shame he walked Away from it but alot of people screwed him out of his artwork and hard to get stuff and made money on his work. Just showin my age with this crap lol..
Old 05-25-2012, 11:46 AM   #11
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
mine is a reddish color. it has the exact mold as the LJN sword. no new sculpts.

Yeah I'd love to see a picuture!

oh yeah I forgot....Mine has the EXACT SAME GOLD PAINT as on the LJN version thats on the hilt.

mine is a mystery. I asked the seller if there was any background on it and never heard from him again after the sale.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #12
Mmosca123
Thunder Kitty
Very cool. Doin a rebuild on the rubies sword myself
Mmosca123 is offline   Reply With Quote