TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 12-06-2011, 04:30 PM   #1
Ocelot
Thunder Kitty
...That prefers the 4" figures?

I know most seem to think they're crap, but I think they're great, and in my opinion, are in some ways better than the 6" figures. I really dislike the facescuplt on 6" Lion-O to the point where I put him back on the peg. But I think the 4" figure has a decent facesculpt. Not exactly show accurate, but an improvement on his bigger cousin IMO. Maybe it's because the smaller scale is more forgiving with details. The accessories are also pretty much as good as the larger figures. I was a little disappointed they couldn't have made 6" Lion-O with one Sword of Omens with a retractable blade as I feel the mini-sword is something of a cheat. I know the smaller Lion-O does it as well, but it makes me feel like I'm not really missing anything with the smaller scale figs.

The lack of a bicep swivel and some articulation issues with certain figures aside, I much prefer them and this will definitely be the scale I collect.
Ocelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:48 PM   #2
Mongor
You got red on you.
I like the 4" as long as I don't touch them. They are just so cheap and fragile. I prefer the 6" line, Lion-O in particular actually. So I can't say I agree with you but I think both lines are cool to look at.
Mongor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:35 PM   #3
Grune the Warrior
Ghost
As a kid, GI Joe ARAH was my favorite toy line, so I've always dug 3.75" figures. I prefer a deeper roster of characters, and that's what we'll get with the TCats 4" line, so I'm on board with that line.
Grune the Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:20 AM   #4
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
I think the 4" guys are pretty sweet. I wish a better toy company like Hasbro had picked up the rights for these figures, but they're still decent.
Cat's Pajamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:04 PM   #5
zartan015
Thunder Kitty
I gotta agree with grune. Around 1985 I started getting into g.i. joe and he-man was winding down. from 85 on most of the stuff I was into were about 3 3/4". the 4" thundercats are just the right size. The main reason I wasn't more into the toys as a kid was the were like super giants to my joes, and even to my motu figures. Now they can compete with so many other factions. dc, marvel, joe, star wars. Now if only mattel'd make motu or motuc in 4". But anyway, I'm really only collecting the 4" ones. they're the right size for me. oh, and does anyone else hope they do 4" classics? I mean the new ones are cool and all, but I think the classics versions'd be sweet too.
zartan015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:10 PM   #6
Mongor
You got red on you.
4" Classics is a great idea! I'd put down money for that.
Mongor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:43 PM   #7
Ocelot
Thunder Kitty
Sign me up for 4" Classics also.
Ocelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:20 PM   #8
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
My only beef with the 4" line is that the vehicles and play sets have been disappointing. Which was my main draw to this smaller scale in the first place.
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:59 AM   #9
LordLionO
Hear the Roar.
I like them fine, aside from the bendy sword of omens.
LordLionO is offline   Reply With Quote