TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 07-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #1
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
Des anyone on the forum own one of these MOC? or its Luna Lashers counter part? This guy has been trying to sell these since i can remember. I just can't believe the price! I know people are entitled to list whatever but i could get two one of a kinda prototype items for the prices.

P.S if anyone does have these MOC could they kindly post a pic or two. Ive seen many loose ones about.

AFA 75 Thundercats LJN Deluxe Thunderwings Lion-O (C75 B85 F85) NM | eBay
LiarDice Films is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:59 PM   #2
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
I dont have one, but I also saw that listing on ebay. It is very nice, but at that price it is just a dream...

I am hoping to save up enough money to obtain the Lion-O Thunderwings loose one of these days. Anyone know what a good price would be?
adssse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #3
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
There is this one loose on ebay and frankly that is a very high price indeed. People just find a TW lion o then buy a loos thunderwings back pack.
Id say a fair price for a loose, clean TW lion o would be 215usd. Anymore and i just dont think its rare enough to warrant such a silly price

Vintage LJN 1987 Thundercats Lion-O Thunderwings figure set (Complete) rare | eBay
Old 07-08-2012, 08:50 PM   #4
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Thanks for the info. I will continue to keep a lookout!
Old 07-08-2012, 10:32 PM   #5
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
You guys do know how rare these are, right?
Lody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:55 AM   #6
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
We can all dream right?
Old 07-09-2012, 07:08 AM   #7
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
Rarity isnt a produced figure. Rarity is a mad bubbler, Feliner, purple mumm ra or a wax sculpt of the figures.
These figures are mostly in demand due to people hoarding them, less countries making them etc.
Would you rather have a hand cast Red Eye for $5k or thunderwings liono moc afa 75 for $7k
Old 07-09-2012, 08:35 AM   #8
test
You don't stand a chance
Oh man dont even bring up red eye ..... I want that figure sooo bad.
saw it on that programme (toy hunters) where the guy from hollywood heroes went on the search for rare toys and uncovered a thundercats goldmine with the bubbler and red eye etc etc ...... damn I hate being poor lol
test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:51 AM   #9
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiarDice Films View Post
Rarity isnt a produced figure. Rarity is a mad bubbler, Feliner, purple mumm ra or a wax sculpt of the figures.
These figures are mostly in demand due to people hoarding them, less countries making them etc.
Would you rather have a hand cast Red Eye for $5k or thunderwings liono moc afa 75 for $7k
I have to disagree. By your logic your saying that a produced figure, even if there are only a handful in existence aren't rare??? That doesn't add up.

The Thunderwings Lion-O is extremely rare because very few came out at the end of the LJN line. Of those very few, an even fewer amount were collected and kept as opposed to being broken and thrown out by some kids mom. In the last 15 years, I would say that less than 10 or so have come up on eBay (for auction not buy it now). Think about that. Now think about how many Thundercats collectors and action figure collectors in general want that figure, either in MOC or L/C form.

Now I agree 7K is too much for that AFA Twings Lion-O and the L/C one is like $450.00 USD. I wouldn't pay that much but depending on the condition of the L/C, I could see a serious collector paying between $300.00 to $400.00 for it.

Also you have to remember that different collectors value different things. I place a large amount of value on the Twings Lion-O and in all honestly place none on the wax sculpts or prototypes. It's not that those items aren't valuable, its that I have no interest in them.
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:01 AM   #10
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
Toy hunters is set up because I bought a red eye from Jordan a year before that show and he's been friends with the ex LJN employee Jose for years.
A agree rarity is in the eye of the beholder but how can you class a factory moulded plastic toy over a hand sculpted lion o that the original mould was cast from?