TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 02-16-2011, 08:39 AM   #1
rodster6
Thunder Kitty
Would anyone else have loved to have seen a prequel to the original Thundercats show?

I always wanted to see more of the war between the Mutants and Thundercats. Jaga and Grune fighting alongside eachother and Ratilla leading the Mutant army.
rodster6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:08 AM   #2
crackus
Thunder Puss
yeah! I would love to see that
crackus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:22 PM   #3
dolza_khyron
Thunder Kitty
maybe we will in the pilot; hopefully they're clothed this time though LMAO!

Last edited by dolza_khyron; 02-20-2011 at 04:28 AM..
dolza_khyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:35 PM   #4
LionO84
Thunder Kitty
ya hopefully the new show will dive into this topic.
LionO84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:08 PM   #5
dolza_khyron
Thunder Kitty
yeaa i'd totally would like the new show to cover more of the past!
dolza_khyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:20 AM   #6
Joe Moore
Administrator
The thing that's good, is I think the show actually takes place solely on Thundera. So we should get a great look at life on the planet.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:53 AM   #7
trebleshot
Sight Beyond Sight
I would love to see some kind of 1-hour prequel movie.

I'm hoping they at least do numerous flashbacks that fill in the backstory of the war and the old guard, so to speak.
trebleshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:01 AM   #8
Ratar-O
Dirty Conniving Rat
I prequel would be awesome, I love when shows go into the history and pasts of our favorite villains and heroes.
Ratar-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:08 PM   #9
Michael'O
Thunder Kitty
OK I have a question the new cartoon can't just take place on Thundera, as Mumm-ra is from Third Earth (Basically our Earth gone to hell and back), so how can Mumm-ra appear in this new series if Thundera doesn't get the crap blown out of it, to force the Thunderians to leave said planet.
Michael'O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:04 PM   #10
Ratar-O
Dirty Conniving Rat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael'O View Post
OK I have a question the new cartoon can't just take place on Thundera, as Mumm-ra is from Third Earth (Basically our Earth gone to hell and back), so how can Mumm-ra appear in this new series if Thundera doesn't get the crap blown out of it, to force the Thunderians to leave said planet.
Because wherever EVIL is Mumm-Ra is. It is like in the original series, Mumm-Ra was from Third Earth but he knew of The sword of omens without having stepped foot on Thundera, he knew what Thundercats were. I am sure things will be worked out in a way that we will be able to accept. I doubt the whole entire series will Take place only on Thundera.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:14 PM   #11
Joe Moore
Administrator
Quote:
New series not tied to the original. Producers said they were simplifying the mythology. so don't be surprised if Mumm-Ra is on Thundera.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:41 PM   #12
Ratar-O
Dirty Conniving Rat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Moore View Post
New series not tied to the original. Producers said they were simplifying the mythology. so don't be surprised if Mumm-Ra is on Thundera.
Well that definitely explains a lot, and I actually like it that way. Usually I am not a fan of any retelling of my childhood favorites but like G.I. Joe Renegades, ThunderCats I am sure will work out and grow on us all.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:08 PM   #13
GK Punk
Your Straight Edge Savior
Quote:
One thing that needs to be kept in mind while watching the new series: It is not the old one, by any means. All bets are off, this is a new universe with a new continuity and cannon. There is no reason Mumm-Ra can't be re-written to have origins on Thundera. As long as it makes sense and works, I couldn't care less honestly.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote