TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #51
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Vultaire shows no signs of working for Mumm-ra. So either his people get captured to make him work for Mumm-ra or the TC pretty much *bleep* over the birds making them side with Mumm-ra.

Also the way Pumyra took out the guards to get Vultaire and the way the kittens were scaling the building; Assassin's Creed vibe.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #52
PussyCatDoll
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum Star View Post
I'm not going to flame you, I'm too busy laughing. Maybe Cheetara can get a makeover that makes her look more like Lion-O and Tygra can tell her how hot it makes her look.

I'm honestly not sure what the heck they are doing with Tygra. He did spend several episodes bieng the butt monkey. Actually I'm more dissapointed with the fact he hasn't developed past his jerkisness with Lion-O despite several things that should have let him. And that some of the other Cat's haven't had much development.
Seriously, I thought he learned his lesson that pride and arrogance will be the death of him after what happen to his father and the Tiger clan in the mountains. So much progress he made!
Old 06-09-2012, 02:04 PM   #53
PussyCatDoll
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singe View Post
Vultaire shows no signs of working for Mumm-ra. So either his people get captured to make him work for Mumm-ra or the TC pretty much *bleep* over the birds making them side with Mumm-ra.

Also the way Pumyra took out the guards to get Vultaire and the way the kittens were scaling the building; Assassin's Creed vibe.
I look at Pumyra more like Rambo as a cat girl. I was rooting for her until she disobeyed Lion-o's orders.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:25 PM   #54
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGearX View Post
Well he was under the effects of a trippy potion during Recipe for Disaster.
And during Soul Server, he had his soul put inside of the Mech. That wasn't a power-up...he wasn't himself either.
Tygra was the center of attention in recipe for disaster. What did lion-o that upstage him in that episode? Nothing. The way tygra was the most memorable besides lion-o looking like a 13 year old kid.

Same with SS. Still it was awesome to see your character to be mecha. What did lion-o do that was better?
Old 06-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #55
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by PussyCatDoll View Post
Seriously, I thought he learned his lesson that pride and arrogance will be the death of him after what happen to his father and the Tiger clan in the mountains. So much progress he made!
Nothing bad will ever happen to tygra while MJ is at the wheel. There has been no reprecussion for the things tygra has done.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #56
nickanu
Thunder Kitty
I liked just about everyhing in this ep.....only two things really bug me....

first was Pumyra, the good guys should never be willing the kill or destroy entire city just to get what they want.... regardless of the stakes, she loses points with me right there... and she's not been scoring to highly with me since she first appeared...she's unstable and a loose cannon but not in the charming way.... (like Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon was)

second is tygra mastering flying so easy.... I don't care who you are...you sit in a jet for the first time there's no way you'd be able to fly it.....but with that said I understand the time limits they have and such.... in the beginning I would've liked to see them wonder around the city a bit. Maybe Tygra being curious (as cats often are) would wonder in to a hangar of some kind and learn from the pilot birds around their....then challenge Vultaire, but he winning is still a bit much for me....

but other than that it was good...^-^
Old 06-09-2012, 02:43 PM   #57
Thundercat77
Growler77
Tygra should go ahead and be crowned Lord of the Thundercats. This show has been wrecked by bad writing. I don't really care who likes Tygra, he isn't supposed to be the focus of this series. Really loved Snarf in this episode...lol he tore some birdmen up! Oh and lol at Panthro..."stupid magic bag!" Hahahahaha
Old 06-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #58
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Not a bad take on the Vulture peoples.

Other than that, an easily forgotten episode. All the standard negatives apply.

1 more episode, then cancel the series.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:51 PM   #59
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercat77 View Post
Tygra should go ahead and be crowned Lord of the Thundercats. This show has been wrecked by bad writing. I don't really care who likes Tygra, he isn't supposed to be the focus of this series. Really loved Snarf in this episode...lol he tore some birdmen up! Oh and lol at Panthro..."stupid magic bag!" Hahahahaha
Since when did he become the focus of the series? He's not the king, he's not holding the sword of Omens, none of the Thundercats listen to his orders, he failed at leading them during Lion-O's death, he didn't rescue Pumyra from Dobo or Mumm-saur, he got his ass handed to him by Kaynar, Addicus, Mumm-saur, the Soul sever, his whole clan is extinct, he's not going to king of anything when the series ends, he successfully looked like a complete idiot after drinking the magic elixir, the only lesson he apparently learned is how to fly a jet that they magically fixed in days. How is that making him a focus?
Old 06-09-2012, 02:56 PM   #60
stac
Thunder Kitty
An episode that was neither strong nor weak. It was definitely better than the previous ones but only because it was part of the main storyline.

-Firstly, thank the Ancient Spirits for Pumyra not reverting back to being indifferent towards Lion-O at beginning of the episode.

-The irony behind Tygra being offended by the Vulture’s superiority complex was a nice touch. Pot, meet kettle.

-Tygra manages to beat a Bird at flying. We get a rather bullshit implication about piloting skills being encoded in the Tigers genes. If the animals were genetically engineered by Mumm-Ra, then show that or at least hint it. The writers seem to love with biological determinism. Why is Tygra so prideful? Because he’s a Tiger! Why does he naturally have the ability to pilot a craft he’s never seen before? Because he’s a Tiger!

- I didn’t think they could make Tygra more unlikeable but they did.

-Is there anything Panthro isn’t scared of? First it was water, and now heights. Next up, he suddenly develops claustrophobia.

-Does Lion-O have any authority at all as the King?! Tygra undermines him, right in front of potential hostiles. What does Cheetara do? After initially expressing a little scepticism, she has a sudden change of heart; she kisses the tosser and wishes him good luck! Just brilliant.

-Which brings me to this: Next time, please give Cheetara some pom-poms. They’ll come in handy while she’s busy with her cheerleading routine. “Give me a T… Give me a Y…” Great way to continue wasting a character that had so much potential.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:03 PM   #61
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuukonomiko View Post
Since when did he become the focus of the series? He's not the king, he's not holding the sword of Omens, none of the Thundercats listen to his orders, he failed at leading them during Lion-O's death, he didn't rescue Pumyra from Dobo or Mumm-saur, he got his ass handed to him by Kaynar, Addicus, Mumm-saur, the Soul sever, his whole clan is extinct, he's not going to king of anything when the series ends, he successfully looked like a complete idiot after drinking the magic elixir, the only lesson he apparently learned is how to fly a jet that they magically fixed in days. How is that making him a focus?
Just because lion-o has the SoO and crown doesn't make him the focus. He became King. Lion-o whole clan is gone too. Who are these other lions?

Wait, 14 tygra offically got cheetara and saved her. She surrendered for him. What did lion-o do?

15 lion-o dies and tygra is king and got them out of being captured.

16 Tygra beats lion-o again.

17 Tygra episode

18 P/C/K/K

19 What did lion-o do to look great, oh he got beat up by a throw in female character for lion-o.

20. Lion-o barely wins and we got all this cheesey tygra stuff

21 Lion-o episdoe writen by the VA that does his voice.

22. Kids

23. IMO tygra was great to see him act that way, I only remember lion-o waving his sword when mummra was right behind him to pumyra. Lion-o acted like a 13 year old kid too.

24. Mecha tygra. What did lion-o do again. It was the robot that helped them.

25. Tygra the flying ace. What did lion-o do again?

I am scoring Lion-o 2 Tygra 8.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:06 PM   #62
Thundercat77
Growler77
Quote:
It's called sarcasm. Just because Tygra isn't named king he still SHINES in EVERY episode somehow, someway while Lion-O stands around whistling with his hands in his pockets.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:07 PM   #63
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by stac View Post
An episode that was neither strong nor weak. It was definitely better than the previous ones but only because it was part of the main storyline.

-Firstly, thank the Ancient Spirits for Pumyra not reverting back to being indifferent towards Lion-O at beginning of the episode.

-The irony behind Tygra being offended by the Vulture’s superiority complex was a nice touch. Pot, meet kettle.

-Tygra manages to beat a Bird at flying. We get a rather bullshit implication about piloting skills being encoded in the Tigers genes. If the animals were genetically engineered by Mumm-Ra, then show that or at least hint it. The writers seem to love with biological determinism. Why is Tygra so prideful? Because he’s a Tiger! Why does he naturally have the ability to pilot a craft he’s never seen before? Because he’s a Tiger!

-Is there anything Panthro isn’t scared of? First it was water, and now heights. Next up, he suddenly develops claustrophobia.

-Does Lion-O have any authority at all as the King?! Tygra undermines him, right in front of potential hostiles. What does Cheetara do? After initially expressing a little scepticism, she has a sudden change of heart; she kisses the tosser and wishes him good luck! Just brilliant.

-Which brings me to this: Next time, please give Cheetara some pom-poms. They’ll come in handy while she’s busy with her cheerleading routine. “Give me a T… Give me a Y…” Great way to continue wasting a character that had so much potential.
Not to mention pumyra disrespecting lion-o and pushing him.

She is back to calling him king.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:12 PM   #64
MegaGearX
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Tygra was the center of attention in recipe for disaster. What did lion-o that upstage him in that episode? Nothing. The way tygra was the most memorable besides lion-o looking like a 13 year old kid.
Lion-O was the main character in that story. Tygra was off acting foolish and chasing bugs throughout the main battle at the end. After Mummrasaur knocked him back, we don't see him until the episode ends. Lion-O, OTOH, wasn't under the influence of any potion.

Quote:
Same with SS. Still it was awesome to see your character to be mecha. What did lion-o do that was better?
Not get turned into a malfunctioning mecha by the villain. Tygra spent the second half of that episode on a slab. In the Soul Server, Tygra was the first to be defeated by the villain. Flicker freed Lion-O, who rescued Tygra from his fate by convincing the Soul Sever to let the souls he captured loose. That wasn't one of Tygra's best episodes.

Nothing really terrible happened to Lion-O in either of those episodes and he made out far better than Tygra did.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:17 PM   #65
L08e16o
Quote:
Lion-O was the main character in that story. Tygra was off acting foolish and chasing bugs throughout the main battle at the end. After Mummrasaur knocked him back, we don't see him until the episode ends. Lion-O, OTOH, wasn't under the influence of any potion.

Not get turned into a malfunctioning mecha by the villain. Tygra spent the second half of that episode on a slab. In the Soul Server, Tygra was the first to be defeated by the villain. Flicker freed Lion-O, who rescued Tygra from his fate by convincing the Soul Sever to let the souls he captured loose. That wasn't one of Tygra's best episodes.

Nothing really terrible happened to Lion-O in either of those episodes and he made out far better than Tygra did.
So lion-o talking to SS gives him the nod. I disagree. I bet you if they made mecha tygra it would sell well.

Lion-o did nothing in that main fight. He did a couple of flips, but where did that get him. I remember tygra and lucy more than lion-o in that episode. If you think tygra looked like a fool, lion-o did too. He was a staker who puts ruthies in females drinks.

How did lion-o come out. Lion-o was very fogetable.

In the OS lion-o was great, NS tygra is better than lion-o.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:21 PM   #66
stac
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongor View Post
Better yet, one more episode than cancel your account here.
So sick of whiny people like you. You don't like the show, stop watching it. The need to come here and bitch about it and beg for it's cancellation despite there being people that enjoy it is what I can't stand about you. I don't like Jersey Shore but I don't go on their boards like a little bitch every week to pick at it and beg for it's demise.
Anyways, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
I think you need to try that. Might help you lighten up a little.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:23 PM   #67
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
Not a bad take on the Vulture peoples.

Other than that, an easily forgotten episode. All the standard negatives apply.

1 more episode, then cancel the series.
You are the definition of a HATER(: You're unhappy and so you want to see others unhappy too.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:32 PM   #68
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Quote:
Just because lion-o has the SoO and crown doesn't make him the focus. He became King. Lion-o whole clan is gone too. Who are these other lions?
Lion-O has the rest of Thundera to rebuild and call him King. He doesn't need other lions. He just needs his cats. Nobody is going to call Tygra king of anything. He is a member of an ousted tribe, none of which is left.

Wait, 14 tygra offically got cheetara and saved her. She surrendered for him. What did lion-o do?

Lion-O saved the lizards, stood his ground. Or does that count for nothing?

15 lion-o dies and tygra is king and got them out of being captured.

Lion-O shone in his trials. He outsmarted them, he learned his lessons. Maybe that counts for nothing too? I think not.

16 Tygra beats lion-o again.

How? Lion-O gave up his soul for them. He got it back for his sacrifice. He saved all the cats. Were it not for Kit putting the guards to sleep Tygra didn't have a back up plan. He felt like he was a failure for not leading them properly. Lion-O single handedly outsmarts Kaynar, Addicus and beats Mumm-Ra on his own stomping grounds.

17 Tygra episode

And it was Lion-O who figured out that they were all dead. He actually used sight beyond sight too. He also figured out that everything is not what it seems. Pretty smart thinking if you ask me.

18 P/C/K/K

19 What did lion-o do to look great, oh he got beat up by a throw in female character for lion-o.

Lion-O was the only one who stood for Pumyra who turned out to be an asset. He stood his ground on his decision too. He let her try to beat him up because he didn't want to fight her. What's wrong with being a gentleman?

20. Lion-o barely wins and we got all this cheesey tygra stuff.

The bottom line, he won didn't he? He was all up for not killing that mouse and in the end the mouse gave him back the sword of Omens. He also made a believer of Pumyra for diplomacy.

21 Lion-o episdoe writen by the VA that does his voice.
What's wrong with Will Freidle writing? He's pretty good at it too. The only dumb thing in this episode is Lion-O losing the Sword Of Plundarr. He had a good fight scene with Mumm-Ra too.

22. Kids

23. IMO tygra was great to see him act that way, I only remember lion-o waving his sword when mummra was right behind him to pumyra. Lion-o acted like a 13 year old kid too.

I liked Lion-O's fight scenes here. He rescued Myra too, score 3 for the king rescuing her. Though this is not my favorite episode because of the cliches. Tygra didn't act like a 13 year old, he acted like an idiot high on something. Lion-O can act like 13, he's what, 17? I know grown men who act like 13 too.

24. Mecha tygra. What did lion-o do again. It was the robot that helped them.

Mecha Tygra ate the souls. Tygra died too. Lion-O got the idea for flicker to help them out. Plus Lion-O doesn't end up with bad dialogue.

25. Tygra the flying ace. What did lion-o do again?

Didn't you hear Pumyra at the beginning of the episode? They wouldn't have gotten there if it weren't for Lion-O. Lion-O does a lot of the diplomatic talking here too. He didn't want to sacrifice the bird kingdom just to get the stone. He's not about the end justifying the means. Tygra may have flown like an ace but did that get them the stone? Ermmm... no.

I am scoring Lion-o 2 Tygra 8.
I'm beginning to sound like the Lion-O fan here. I have faith in your king, why don't you?

Last edited by fuukonomiko; 06-09-2012 at 03:37 PM..
Old 06-09-2012, 03:32 PM   #69
MegaGearX
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
So lion-o talking to SS gives him the nod. I disagree. I bet you if they made mecha tygra it would sell well.

Lion-o did nothing in that main fight. He did a couple of flips, but where did that get him. I remember tygra and lucy more than lion-o in that episode. If you think tygra looked like a fool, lion-o did too. He was a staker who puts ruthies in females drinks.

How did lion-o come out. Lion-o was very fogetable.

In the OS lion-o was great, NS tygra is better than lion-o.
But you haven't addressed my main point: Tygra was incapacitated in two very different ways in both episodes, while Lion-O was on his feet dealing with the enemy.

Oh and one other thing...In the Annointment Trials, Lion-O might not have beaten Tygra's trial, but he incapacitated Ssslythe, Addicus and Kaynar by himself, rescued the Cats from their cell AND had Mumm-Ra fleeing from him in his own pyramid, things Tygra couldn't do WITH the ThunderCats.

I could go on, but I really think you should watch those episodes again. Your dislike for Jelenic might blind you to things that you are missing for a more fair and balanced assesment.

I'd agree that Lion-O should be treated better, but I don't think the show is nowhere near as Tygra-centric as you're making it out to be. For heaven's sake, Tygra was a bitch in the last two episodes...
Old 06-09-2012, 03:38 PM   #70
L08e16o
Quote:
I'm beginning to sound like the Lion-O fan here. I have faith in your king, why don't you?
Sorry, that sounds stupid.

Where did I say I didn't have faith in lion-o. Like I pointed out, the writers have made tygra better or equal to lion-o in this show. Dont' see where you get the faith part???
Old 06-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #71
L08e16o
Quote:
But you haven't addressed my main point: Tygra was incapacitated in two very different ways in both episodes, while Lion-O was on his feet dealing with the enemy.

Oh and one other thing...In the Annointment Trials, Lion-O might not have beaten Tygra's trial, but he incapacitated Ssslythe, Addicus and Kaynar by himself, rescued the Cats from their cell AND had Mumm-Ra fleeing from him in his own pyramid, things Tygra couldn't do WITH the ThunderCats.

I could go on, but I really think you should watch those episodes again. Your dislike for Jelenic might blind you to things that you are missing for a more fair and balanced assesment.

I'd agree that Lion-O should be treated better, but I don't think the show is nowhere near as Tygra-centric as you're making it out to be. For heaven's sake, Tygra was a bitch in the last two episodes...
In 15, that had nothing to do what I am talking about. I am talking about L/T. Lion-o hit mummra with one shot. Nothing great. Even when tygra got captured, he still beat lion-o. That is my point.

He was on his feet doing nothing. A robot and Lucy saved the day, not lion-o.

Tygra was not a bitch. MJ had lion-o looking like a little boy with the stalking of pumyra.

SS, everyone will remember mecha tygra, not lion-o talking. I don't evern remember what lion-o said.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #72
MegaGearX
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
In 15, that had nothing to do what I am talking about. I am talking about L/T. Lion-o hit mummra with one shot. Nothing great. Even when tygra got captured, he still beat lion-o. That is my point.
Nothing great? Lion-O beat Mumm-Ra on his own turf. Tygra with all of the other Cats helping couldn't get past his little mummy form. Tell me, who is greater again? Lion-O, by himself, snuck into the pyramid without help and defeated his generals, all by his lonesome. Did Tygra do that?

Quote:
He was on his feet doing nothing. A robot and Lucy saved the day, not lion-o.

Tygra was not a bitch. MJ had lion-o looking like a little boy with the stalking of pumyra.
I'm saying he was on his feet and acting like himself. Better than being under someone or something's influence. Lion-O taking sense to Soul Server made him release Flicker so that Tygra could be saved. Who is in the better position again, Lion-O or Tygra?

Quote:
SS, everyone will remember mecha tygra, not lion-o talking. I don't evern remember what lion-o said.
You mean the mech that broke down before he could do anything, while Tygra had his soul missing and tied on a slab? YOU remember the mech. Thanks to you, everyone will probably remember Tygra being on a slab now.

Last edited by MegaGearX; 06-09-2012 at 04:00 PM..
Old 06-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #73
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:

Lion-O is just King in title only. As for right now, he doesn't have a kingdom to rule until he returns and rebuilds it. The ones in the groups are not obligated to follow his orders if they want to. He has no way of laying down the law to punish them for disobeying nor would he risk using his powers on the others in the group.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:27 PM   #74
L08e16o
Quote:
Nothing great? Lion-O beat Mumm-Ra on his own turf. Tygra with all of the other Cats helping couldn't get past his little mummy form. Tell me, who is greater again? Lion-O, by himself, snuck into the pyramid without help and defeated his generals, all by his lonesome. Did Tygra do that?

I'm saying he was on his feet and acting like himself. Better than being under someone or something's influence. Lion-O taking sense to Soul Server made him release Flicker so that Tygra could be saved. Who is in the better position again, Lion-O or Tygra?

You mean the mech that broke down before he could do anything, while Tygra had his soul missing and tied on a slab? YOU remember the mech. Thanks to you, everyone will probably remember Tygra being on a slab now.
Lion-o didn't defeat anyone. He tricked the generals and hit mummra with one shot. Tygra beat him. That is all that matters. We are talking about he is in second place and tygra is right in his own words.

They will remember the mecha just like in all anime/cartoons.

Talking to someone has nothing to do with making him great. Wow, lion-o wows people with his words. Whatever. Even in Naruto with his words, he always has a power up.

If lion-o would've fought SS and won, then I would say lion-o looked great. If lion-o did most of the damage to Greymon, then I would say he is great. The images that are clear in these episodes is mecha tygra and flower tygra.

At least tygra was under something and not looking like a fool. Look at lion-o. I thought he was going to look in the mirror to see if he had a zit.

This is lion-o's show and he should look better than tygra.

Last edited by L08e16o; 06-09-2012 at 04:32 PM..
Old 06-09-2012, 04:34 PM   #75
stac
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Lion-O is just King in title only. As for right now, he doesn't have a kingdom to rule until he returns and rebuilds it. The ones in the groups are not obligated to follow his orders if they want to. He has no way of laying down the law to punish them for disobeying nor would he risk using his powers on the others in the group.
All those are valid points. I’m just amazed at how meaningless his title has become.
Didn’t both Cheetara and Tygra kneel before Lion-O when Jaga made him King? I’m just dismayed by the fact that Lion-O commands very little authority, as the leader in a potentially dangerous situation. I’m not saying that Lion-O should turn into a dictator. Just that Tygra shouldn’t presume to speak for Lion-O and the ThunderCats. I would have liked to see Claudus’ reaction if Tygra had done something like that to him.

Regarding his position as King, Lion-O has been, for lack of a better word, castrated. Cheetara, the Cleric, undermines him. Tygra, his brother, undermines him. Tygra's actions this episode perhaps rivalled the absurdity of Cheetara’s during the fight in ‘New Alliances.’
Old 06-09-2012, 04:39 PM   #76
Thunderian scholar
Jaga's disciple
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
yeah we get it. you hate Jelenic. Get over it already.
No he won't stop until we barf into his face…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongor View Post
Better yet, one more episode than cancel your account here.
So sick of whiny people like you. You don't like the show, stop watching it. The need to come here and bitch about it and beg for it's cancellation despite there being people that enjoy it is what I can't stand about you. I don't like Jersey Shore but I don't go on their boards like a little bitch every week to pick at it and beg for it's demise.
Anyways, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
You are the definition of a HATER(: You're unhappy and so you want to see others unhappy too.
And that's the problem I have with for quite a time here… DON'T WATCH IT IF YOU HATE IT SO MUCH! But don't complain, if TC lies dormant for another 20 years…

Back to the episode:
Much better than the last one - Panthro's fear of flight is funny, Kit/Kat's bag was useful. But Cheetara is really being reduced to a cheerleader… sucks big time. Pumyra must be very desperate to get the Tech stone.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:49 PM   #77
stac
Thunder Kitty
I don’t know what to say about Pumyra. She seemed a little, unintentionally I think, manipulative in this episode. The way she’s been characterised… it’s all over the place.

However, I do think it’s time for LiMyra to end and TyMyra to begin. I see much more potential for Tygra and Pumyra. They do enjoy the same things after all, mainly disrespecting Lion-O.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:51 PM   #78
L08e16o
Quote:
I don’t know what to say about Pumyra. She seemed a little, unintentionally I think, manipulative in this episode. The way she’s been characterised… it’s all over the place.

However, I do think it’s time for LiMyra to end and TyMyra to begin. I see much more potential for Tygra and Pumyra. They do enjoy the same things after all, mainly disrespecting Lion-O.
They also have long range weapons and ambush.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:10 PM   #79
MegaGearX
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Lion-o didn't defeat anyone. He tricked the generals and hit mummra with one shot. Tygra beat him. That is all that matters. We are talking about he is in second place and tygra is right in his own words.
Lion-O locked the generals up and sent Mumm-Ra running in his own pyramid, things that the military-trained Tygra could not do. What aren't you understanding about this? This isn't rocket science...

Quote:
They will remember the mecha just like in all anime/cartoons.
You mean the mech that took a few steps and broke down? Real memorable there. Tygra failed there too and he's being controlled by the enemy! That's two losses in the same episode.

Quote:
Talking to someone has nothing to do with making him great. Wow, lion-o wows people with his words. Whatever. Even in Naruto with his words, he always has a power up.

If lion-o would've fought SS and won, then I would say lion-o looked great. If lion-o did most of the damage to Greymon, then I would say he is great. The images that are clear in these episodes is mecha tygra and flower tygra.

At least tygra was under something and not looking like a fool. Look at lion-o. I thought he was going to look in the mirror to see if he had a zit.
If you think Tygra was awesome while he was under the effects of the potion or defeated, then there is no point talking to you unless you're a Jelenic hater, is there?

You can defeat an enemy by making them understand that what they are doing is wrong. That's usually what most heroes try to do before resorting to violence. It's not the most exciting thing, but most heroes try to do this FIRST. As king, Lion-O is the diplomat here, remember? That's his forte' and it worked. Case closed.

Quote:
This is lion-o's show and he should look better than tygra.
And he is. Although Lion-O can't physically beat his older brother, he has been accomplishing things that Tygra can't do or failed at. Unfortunately, you're so fixated on Jelenic and Tygra that you don't realize this.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #80
MegaGearX
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
All those are valid points. I’m just amazed at how meaningless his title has become.
Didn’t both Cheetara and Tygra kneel before Lion-O when Jaga made him King? I’m just dismayed by the fact that Lion-O commands very little authority, as the leader in a potentially dangerous situation. I’m not saying that Lion-O should turn into a dictator. Just that Tygra shouldn’t presume to speak for Lion-O and the ThunderCats. I would have liked to see Claudus’ reaction if Tygra had done something like that to him.

Regarding his position as King, Lion-O has been, for lack of a better word, castrated. Cheetara, the Cleric, undermines him. Tygra, his brother, undermines him. Tygra's actions this episode perhaps rivalled the absurdity of Cheetara’s during the fight in ‘New Alliances.’
I'm not dismayed. Lion-O is a peer...one of the boys.

I think Claudus automatically had the reverence and respect by being older and experienced. He's proven himself and everyone knows this. Lion-O might have the title, but he is basically a peer. He has no legacy of endless exploits that commands respect--just a circle of friends and companions. At 16, his legend is just starting, so it might be awhile before he reaches Claudus level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderian scholar View Post
And that's the problem I have with for quite a time here… DON'T WATCH IT IF YOU HATE IT SO MUCH! But don't complain, if TC lies dormant for another 20 years…
Word. I don't have a problem with haters, but they could at least contribute something to the conversation with that point of view in mind. If not, then they can create their own thread.

Quote:
Back to the episode:
Much better than the last one - Panthro's fear of flight is funny, Kit/Kat's bag was useful. But Cheetara is really being reduced to a cheerleader… sucks big time. Pumyra must be very desperate to get the Tech stone.
Yeah, I'm hating how Cheetara went from the only one with faith in Lion-O to Tygra's girlfriend overnight (okay...I get it. LOL!). Pumyra runs hot and cold, but at least she has a personality in comparison.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:30 PM   #81
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
I can understand Tygra disobeying Lion-O's orders since they're adopted siblings, but with Pumyra it's too much. Her actions getting the team into trouble shows that she's not only a loose cannon, but is also not a team player as well. Someone has to keep her in line.

I wonder who the twins will get to help them get the Tech Stone. I love the part seeing Lion-O trying to restrain Tygra from hurting the head Voltaire.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #82
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman77 View Post
I wonder who the twins will get to help them get the Tech Stone..
You know I was thinking about that...
The Elephants? Erm....not going to hold on the boards...not sure about their flying skills either, except if they're related to Dumbo...
The Dogs? Not unless they have flying mechas. They did have that robot in the arena. Maybe they do. Plus, after setting thier superstar gladiator free and the trouble with the forever bag, I don't think the dogs are going to hurry to thier rescue.
Viragor? He's the only one who can fly that high. Maybe????
Robearbils? They might be able to go up there. Not sure about their fighting skills.
The Soul Sever and the Necromechas (?) he may still be a little pissed at them.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #83
stac
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
I'm not dismayed. Lion-O is a peer...one of the boys.

I think Claudus automatically had the reverence and respect by being older and experienced. He's proven himself and everyone knows this. Lion-O might have the title, but he is basically a peer. He has no legacy of endless exploits that commands respect--just a circle of friends and companions. At 16, his legend is just starting, so it might be awhile before he reaches Claudus level.
Weren’t you just a few posts ago listing all of Lion-O remarkable exploits?
He even wagered his soul in order to save the rest of them. You would think that that ought to be enough to get a little respect at least.

He is definitely a peer and not on the same level as Claudus. However, Lion-O has repeatedly proved himself worthy of being a leader. My issue is that Tygra (and Cheetara since ‘New Allainces’) basically undermine him, and put the entire team at peril with their actions, at the worst possible time.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:49 PM   #84
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderian scholar View Post
No he won't stop until we barf into his face…
Then by all means, start barfing into my face then! then I will change my face in a flash and keep on posting all the cold hard truth about MJ, Holmes is a master of disguise and I trained under him.

Last edited by cmangund; 06-09-2012 at 05:56 PM..
Old 06-09-2012, 06:09 PM   #85
Burning Bright
Tyger, Tygra
Quote:
I wonder who the twins will get to help them get the Tech Stone.
Good question.

Dobo was supposed to figure prominently at some later time. By himself, though, he isn't going to be that helpful. He's going to need all of his gladiators to make a difference. Of course, there's no way to get them all up there on the spaceboards. Maybe Dobo and Jorma could convince Soul Sever to help out and rig up something fast? SS's tech skills were quite advanced.

Lion-O has also made several allies for the Thundercats (they were pretty quick to name all of them off when the Feliner was in stable flight).

The Elephants are extremely useful in a fight when they decide to do so. Again, there's a problem getting them up there. Of course, that's where the other set of candidates would come in handy - The Berbils. Technologically adept and can marshall enough manpower to speed up any job tremendously. Being that it's the Wilys picking who to go to, there's another reason to go for the Berbils - more candy fruit!

Overall, I think Dobo, his gladiators, Jorma, and Soul Sever make the best choice. SS could easily be a Deus Ex Machina in which he figures out some way to use his body and soul to act as a substitute for the Tech Stone when Mumm-Ra takes it.

And after reviewing this before posting, I noticed I keep forgetting something when thinking about how to get everyone up there, and it was shown off again this episode: the Forever Bag. Need to transport an army and don't have the space? We've got this conveniently-portable pocket dimension for you. Need to motivate Dobo and his gladiators to help? "You can have whatever you find in the bag". A bag full of stolen gold and money. The Forever Bag isn't a Bag of Holding, it's a Bag of Mercenary Motivation and Transport.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:15 PM   #86
luigi
GIJoe trooper
Quote:
with Pumyra it's too much. Her actions getting the team into trouble shows that she's not only a loose cannon, but is also not a team player as well. Someone has to keep her in line.
she has mercy but doesn't like to show it wants to get things done and is rash which in gladiator combat is necessary but in team battle there are more elements to added in which take a tactician to overcome but again being rash and ill tempered and seems like she is not really used to taking orders beside "there is your opponent kill them"
Old 06-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #87
luigi
GIJoe trooper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Wasn't Tygus a pilot? There's a jacket that comes to mind and screamed "pilot" lmao I suppose it shouldn't be surprising that Tygra can fly as well. It should be encoded in the tigers' genes or something
yes and even lion-o says "no wonder your ancestors where pilots"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
Maybe Tigers were genetically designed by Mumm-Ra to be good pilots (if the whole Mumm-Ra made the animals theory is true).
agreed it looks like that is true
Old 06-09-2012, 08:05 PM   #88
Balgus82
Quote:
Isn't it obvious? He got Cheetara. Every single thing else in the series doesn't matter because he got Cheetara.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:27 PM   #89
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
It was a decent episode. The rush really killed the potential of letting them explore the city a bit. One of the filler episodes could have been used to explore the bird city.

I bet the words Turkey and Chicken are negative slurs to their kind.
Poultry face might be a bigger insult to them
Old 06-09-2012, 08:49 PM   #90
monothingie
Broken Beyond Repair
Quote:
The Elephants? Erm....not going to hold on the boards...not sure about their flying skills either, except if they're related to Dumbo...
The Dogs? Not unless they have flying mechas. They did have that robot in the arena. Maybe they do. Plus, after setting thier superstar gladiator free and the trouble with the forever bag, I don't think the dogs are going to hurry to thier rescue.
Robearbils? They might be able to go up there. Not sure about their fighting skills.

Possibilities to consider:

Mumra taking another form and fooling kit/kat to take him right to the stone?

Thunderian refugees?

Wayward white tiger? (They are natural pilots...)
Old 06-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #91
stormbringer
Quote:
I can understand Tygra disobeying Lion-O's orders since they're adopted siblings, but with Pumyra it's too much. Her actions getting the team into trouble shows that she's not only a loose cannon, but is also not a team player as well. Someone has to keep her in line.

I wonder who the twins will get to help them get the Tech Stone. I love the part seeing Lion-O trying to restrain Tygra from hurting the head Voltaire.
Pumyra is really becoming a problem for the group. She needs to deal with those anger issues before she gets herself, along with everyone else, killed.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:56 PM   #92
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:

They'd kill each other over who wants apples and who wants oranges
Old 06-09-2012, 09:00 PM   #93
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:

The show hasn't really given the ones in the group a chance to fill their roles. Cheetara's only job was helping obtain the Book of Omens and dispelling Jaga's curse on the sword of Plundarr. She hasn't done anything else remotely Cleric or Adviser to Lion-O.

The writers failed to develop a support cast for Lion-O to lead. It's been more like I point and we go that way.

Last edited by Singe; 06-10-2012 at 12:30 AM..
Old 06-09-2012, 09:02 PM   #94
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
Pumyra is really becoming a problem for the group. She needs to deal with those anger issues before she gets herself, along with everyone else, killed.
Thank the Ancient Spirits of Evil that Lion-O got over this phase.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:06 PM   #95
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:

The twins probably went to go get the elephants to help them using the bag and its astral plane access to get them them to the city. Only grune shows up as well and goes victor creed on everybody . Pumyra is wolverine/x-23 or victor creed with her bag lady claws So the hover boards could've made it there the whole time ???

Last edited by Big Snarf; 06-09-2012 at 09:37 PM..
Old 06-09-2012, 09:09 PM   #96
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Hmm berbils might be able to make a generator to keep the city afloat, it'll be interesting to see who takes the stone
Old 06-09-2012, 09:18 PM   #97
duran1414201
Thunder Kitty
Did anyone catch the sound of the keypad?

That was the Simon game from the 80's
Old 06-09-2012, 09:20 PM   #98
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Ummm so is tygra anakin skywalker now. I guess the controls weren't in bird writing i was hoping he was going to push the eject button by accident then it would be who punches tygra in the back of the head first my guess would be panthro with his stretch arms
Old 06-09-2012, 09:21 PM   #99
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by duran1414201 View Post
Did anyone catch the sound of the keypad?

That was the Simon game from the 80's
looked like it too
Old 06-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #100
luigi
GIJoe trooper
Quote:
Originally Posted by monothingie View Post
Possibilities to consider:

Wayward white tiger? (They are natural pilots...)
so you think a new verson of Bengali will appear
Bengali - ThunderCats wiki
cause that would be awesome
after all we have already seen lynx-o Lynx-O (2011 TV series) - ThunderCats wiki
Closed Thread