TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 02-09-2012, 05:27 PM   #1
MegatronWolf
Overlord
is bandai going to be shipping any more of them out or is the cyborg version replacing it? Hes the only 4" figure im missing from the 4" wave 1 set and i never seen him in the stores.
MegatronWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:25 PM   #2
Mongor
You got red on you.
Good question. I wouldn't worry though. There are plenty on Ebay. I have an extra unopened one here if you need as well. Let me know. Either way, I don't think you'll have any trouble getting him online through Amazon, Ebay, etc.
Mongor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:11 PM   #3
MegatronWolf
Overlord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongor View Post
Good question. I wouldn't worry though. There are plenty on Ebay. I have an extra unopened one here if you need as well. Let me know. Either way, I don't think you'll have any trouble getting him online through Amazon, Ebay, etc.
ebays to expensive and all the sites that have him for a reasonable price are sold out or dont have em listed anymore. Dont feel like spending $15 on a $7 figure just because scalpers suck & bandai has no idea how to pack assortments. Im not hell bent on getting one so if i have to settle for the cyborg one i will but id rather have the normal version since it looks better. Just out of curiosity how much for your extra one?
Old 02-09-2012, 09:54 PM   #4
Mongor
You got red on you.
I'd do it for $9.00 and shipping.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:55 PM   #5
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Try Target. They just got the first wave in the last month and its the only place I still see him.

Edit: not trying to poach a sale from you Mongor I posted at the same time you did.
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #6
Mongor
You got red on you.
Also Walmarts. Walmarts near me are stocking even more Thundercats stuff since their re-sets and check Genghoul on Ebay as well. That's who I usually get my stuff from if I can't find it myself.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:07 PM   #7
GK Punk
Your Straight Edge Savior
I've seen both regularly around town so I'm not sure that they are done with Wave 1 quite yet.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:16 AM   #8
MegatronWolf
Overlord
Quote:
I'd do it for $9.00 and shipping.
thanks for the offer but i have to pass, like i said not looking to spend $15 on a $7 figure.

I checked the stores the other day and all i found was the same surplus of Lion-os & tigras at TRU & target and walmart just had the new stuff. I did manage to get a 6" cheetara so it wasnt a waste but i still need a panthro, id prefer the wave 1 version but looks like im going to have to settle for the crappy cyborg version at this rate. Ill check again today but either itll be the same or itll be empty cause the scalpers swooped in yet again.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:29 AM   #9
Mongor
You got red on you.
No prob. I don't really want to sell it. I'm holding it (one of each first wave figures) hoping it may be worth something for my kids later down the road. Keep in mind, with economy shipping something small like this is about $3 to ship. There are many people on Ebay selling Panthro for $10 w/economy shipping. It's still under $15 and that's about as good as it gets. Otherwise you should check amazon. They have free shipping on orders over $25. If they have them in stock, amazon charges $7.99 for Thundercats. Good luck dude. I hope you find one.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:15 PM   #10
MegatronWolf
Overlord
Quote:
No prob. I don't really want to sell it. I'm holding it (one of each first wave figures) hoping it may be worth something for my kids later down the road. Keep in mind, with economy shipping something small like this is about $3 to ship. There are many people on Ebay selling Panthro for $10 w/economy shipping. It's still under $15 and that's about as good as it gets. Otherwise you should check amazon. They have free shipping on orders over $25. If they have them in stock, amazon charges $7.99 for Thundercats. Good luck dude. I hope you find one.
the most id pay with shipping is $10, my days of paying more than the figures worth just to have it are over. I look back at all the money i wasted just because i had to have that figure and realize i could have alot more stuff in my collections right now or just more money in the bank. If i get one great if not oh well.

Checked some stores today and its still the same, either its all the old stuff still clogging the pegs or the newest stuff. The walmart i went to last time was hit hard though in the past few days, half the 4" figures were gone today but the 6" figures werent touched. Decided to get a cyborg panthro just in case bandai isnt shipping out anymore of the wave 1 version. Going to keep it in the box until i know for sure im not going to have the normal one.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:56 PM   #11
Mongor
You got red on you.
So funny how reverse my Wallmart is to yours. No Wave 2 anybody and a butt load of wave 1 Panthro's just sitting there last time I went.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #12
MegatronWolf
Overlord
Quote:
So funny how reverse my Wallmart is to yours. No Wave 2 anybody and a butt load of wave 1 Panthro's just sitting there last time I went.
so either you have no scalpers in your area or no one likes panthro. Out of all the stores i go to since the line came out ive never seen panthro and only seen cheetara twice up until last week.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:34 PM   #13
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Panthro and most of the other characters have been readily available around my area for some time now. Some of them were hard to find for the first month or so that they were out, but since then they haven't been too hard to find.

I doubt they'll be shipping out any of the wave one figures with wave two, so it's either pay more for a wave one Panthro, or settle for the wave two Panthro. Honestly I'm waiting for a show accurate gray furred Panthro, which might never happen...
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:47 PM   #14
Mongor
You got red on you.
I finally got my Wave 2 figures and I kinda like the new Panthro better. There's really nothing different about the figure outside of the face and the (IMO) cooler metal arms. I only have one Claudus and I don't want to open him but I can't find another for a reasonable price. I really want to pull him out of the package. Getting off track, sorry. The new Panthro is cool dude so don't be bummed about missing Wave 1. Otherwise just shell out the $13 for online purchase and shipping. It's double the cost of the figure but how much is your time and gas worth trying to track him down and coming back empty handed? I'm sure you've spent more than the $5 someone will charge you for shipping on gas already. You do have 2 decent options from where I stand. Good luck.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:03 AM   #15
MegatronWolf
Overlord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
Panthro and most of the other characters have been readily available around my area for some time now. Some of them were hard to find for the first month or so that they were out, but since then they haven't been too hard to find.

I doubt they'll be shipping out any of the wave one figures with wave two, so it's either pay more for a wave one Panthro, or settle for the wave two Panthro. Honestly I'm waiting for a show accurate gray furred Panthro, which might never happen...

The problem in my area is that only TRU had thundercat stuff up until recently and they never restock on a regular basis (hell none of the stores here restock on a regular basis), They'd get a case and as soon as they were put out the short packed figures were taken. Before you knew it the pegs were filled with mumras, lionos & tigras so they never ordered more. I still have hope of them mixing waves cause cheetara is in wave 2 assortments as is tigra. But since theres a new panthro theres less of a chance of the wave 1 version being thrown in. Maybe wave 3 (if there is one) or possibly a value pack.

Quote:
I finally got my Wave 2 figures and I kinda like the new Panthro better. There's really nothing different about the figure outside of the face and the (IMO) cooler metal arms. I only have one Claudus and I don't want to open him but I can't find another for a reasonable price. I really want to pull him out of the package. Getting off track, sorry. The new Panthro is cool dude so don't be bummed about missing Wave 1. Otherwise just shell out the $13 for online purchase and shipping. It's double the cost of the figure but how much is your time and gas worth trying to track him down and coming back empty handed? I'm sure you've spent more than the $5 someone will charge you for shipping on gas already. You do have 2 decent options from where I stand. Good luck.

Like i said previously if i dont get a wave 1 version its not going to be the end of the world but id prefer to have it instead of the wave 2 one. My goal is to have 1 of every character so ill settle for the versions i can get but i have all but 1 wave 1 4" figure and thats panthro, id like to complete the set if i can. And trust me i havent wasted any gas or time looking(ok maybe time but not cash), i dont go out hunting just to hunt i only check out the stores if they're on the way. Luckily my bank is within a mile or 2 of a TRU, Target, Walmat, kmart and a gamestop so when i go there i can hit every store either to or from the bank. Plus i normally get out that way about once a week either by running errands or with my friends so theres no need to go just to go.

Now if i went out hunting ever other day wasting tons of money on gas like alot of people do then id say screw it & get one off ebay but since i dont i cant justify spending more than what the figure normally goes for. Plus im unemployed so im unable to pay high prices for a little piece of plastic. Also now that i think of it, if i was going to spend $15 i might as well just pick up the 6" version which is easily found around here. But anyway I picked up the wave 2 version the other day with the new Mumm-Ra so if i cant get a wave 1 version im fine, I dont mind the arms its just the head that bothers me.

But on another note damn do i want a Claudus, i got to the walmart just after they put out the new stuff but there were none, they had the new 6" cheetara so i was just excited to get her. 2 days later half of what was there was gone thats when i decided to get the wave 2 panthro & mumm-ra but it shows that there are scalpers around or just really greedy collectors. Going to keep my eyes on toysrus.com since i get free shipping with them & target since they havent restocked anything since december.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:13 PM   #16
Mongor
You got red on you.
Hey dude, you may want this deal. He's selling Panthro for 9.99, free shipping. I've bought from him before and he's real nice, fast shipping. He's even sold me a few things through paypal for cost without me having to bid and placed the items in the same packages to save me shipping costs so I highly recommend him.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
Old 02-22-2012, 04:36 AM   #17
MegatronWolf
Overlord
Quote:
Hey dude, you may want this deal. He's selling Panthro for 9.99, free shipping. I've bought from him before and he's real nice, fast shipping. He's even sold me a few things through paypal for cost without me having to bid and placed the items in the same packages to save me shipping costs so I highly recommend him.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
thanks for the heads up ill check it out