TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats News and Rumors

Old 09-01-2011, 10:38 AM   #1
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Wilykit, WilyKat, and the Storm Charger: An Interview with Brehan Maul on Bandai’s ThunderCats Toys! » MTV Geek

Most will be happy to know the Storm Charger is confirmed to be in the works!
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:22 AM   #2
Joe Moore
Administrator
Thanks for the heads up.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:45 AM   #3
soundwave810
Thunder Kitty
"...here are a few characters like Mumm-Ra’s final form that are so big we will be releasing them in an entirely different scale just so that when placed next to the rest of your 4” collection it all aligns with the figure-to-figure sizing featured in the series."

YES!! Hopefully he'll have his wings too!
soundwave810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:47 AM   #4
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Great interview. Doesn't reveal much, but I honestly really wasn't expecting it to reveal anything. It's nice to know the twins are coming in a 2-pack for the 6" line. Makes me think they'll be a part of the next wave of 6" figures. It's also nice to know that the Storm Charger is confirmed to be getting a toy. Sort of makes me want to get the Thundertank, even if I do stick to the 6" scaled figures. Would still be cool to have the two of them on display charging at each other. Should be interesting to see how it turns out. I imagine that the figure included will be a mumm-form Mumm-Ra made to fit inside it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwave810 View Post
YES!! Hopefully he'll have his wings too!
I honestly think he was referencing the fact that the 6" Mumm-Ra is perfectly in-scale to the 4" scaled figures. I could be wrong, but we'll have to wait and see.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:11 PM   #5
The Eye of Thundera
Omnipresent
Please let them do Silverhawks classics as well. I'm not into the new age stuff but I'll be all over the classics if they keep em coming!
The Eye of Thundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:20 PM   #6
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
Great interview. Doesn't reveal much, but I honestly really wasn't expecting it to reveal anything. It's nice to know the twins are coming in a 2-pack for the 6" line. Makes me think they'll be a part of the next wave of 6" figures. It's also nice to know that the Storm Charger is confirmed to be getting a toy. Sort of makes me want to get the Thundertank, even if I do stick to the 6" scaled figures. Would still be cool to have the two of them on display charging at each other. Should be interesting to see how it turns out. I imagine that the figure included will be a mumm-form Mumm-Ra made to fit inside it.

I honestly think he was referencing the fact that the 6" Mumm-Ra is perfectly in-scale to the 4" scaled figures. I could be wrong, but we'll have to wait and see.

Honestly I read that to say that he has a form after his normal ever-living form. They're talking about new figures in that section, not old ones.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:23 PM   #7
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
6" Wileykit and Wileykat
Larger Scale Mumm-Ra’s final Form
Storm Charger tank
additional collector piece

Quote:
While we can’t commit to too much detail on the coming waves of figures, you can rest assured that we plan to showcase as many different characters as we feel the market can handle. The ThunderCats universe is rich with possibilities and Bandai plans to explore all of it.
sounds awesome!!
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:39 PM   #8
SPLIT LIP
King of Braves
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyCat View Post
6" Wileykit and Wileykat
Larger Scale Mumm-Ra’s final Form
Storm Charger tank
additional collector piece

sounds awesome!!
Sounds remarkably awesome!
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:49 PM   #9
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Right now we are working very closely with our overseas counterparts on an additional collector piece that we hope will showcase Bandai’s unique capabilities.
The more I read this particular bit of the interview, the more curious I become. Makes me think of the expanding the Classics line into "other categories" bit from the SDCC wrap-pup article. I'm not sure what Bandai's "unique capabilities" are, but hopefully they turn-out a great piece to go along with the Classics figures, like the Cat's lair or the Thundertank. Though I think a Classics Sword of Omens might be more likely than either one of those.

Edit: As for the possibility of Silverhawk and Tygershark based toys, it'd be cool, but I'm not counting on them happening. While I plan on sticking to the 6" figures, I'd be willing to get some 4" figures of Silverhawks, Tygersharks, and Thundercats characters not likely to get 6" figures (like Lynx-O).

Last edited by Ravenxl7; 09-01-2011 at 10:47 PM..
Old 09-01-2011, 10:35 PM   #10
topnotch97
Lexi Belle fan
Silverhawks and Tigersharks please!!!!
topnotch97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:56 PM   #11
Ribieconvoy
Thunder Kitty
Interesting... I might pick up 6 inch Wilykit and Wilykat, but are they classic or modern figures? The interview seemed to suggest they were classic since they speciafically said "collector" scale.
Ribieconvoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:17 PM   #12
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribieconvoy View Post
Interesting... I might pick up 6 inch Wilykit and Wilykat, but are they classic or modern figures? The interview seemed to suggest they were classic since they speciafically said "collector" scale.
All of the 6" figures are modern, while all of the classics are going to be at an 8" scale. Both the 6" scale modern figures, and 8" scale classic figures are being considered "collector" figures/scales. Which is why the collectors section to the Thundercat's part of Bandai's website has both scales of figures pictured/listed.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:50 AM   #13
guard convoy
FOR REFERENCE!
yes more 6 inch figures!

hoping we get cheetara and tygra next
guard convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:00 AM   #14
flywheels
The old blind Thundercat
Personally I'd love to see more anything Silverhawks.
flywheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:52 AM   #15
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
So would it be better to get the 6-inch Mumm-Ra than the deluxe 4-inch Mumm-Ra? They are both 14.99 I think. I haven't gotten Mumm-Ra yet so I'm just debating which to get.
nitewing73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:12 PM   #16
Ruination04
Ancient Spirit of E-Ville
Mon Star!!!
Ruination04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:42 PM   #17
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
Awesome news. I was very disappointed in how the 4-inch Thunderkittens look, and not too crazy about the Cheetara either. Will pick up the whole bunch when we have the 6 inch versions.
BB Shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:37 PM   #18
Grune the Warrior
Ghost
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitewing73 View Post
So would it be better to get the 6-inch Mumm-Ra than the deluxe 4-inch Mumm-Ra? They are both 14.99 I think. I haven't gotten Mumm-Ra yet so I'm just debating which to get.
The 6 inch Mumm-Ra is better in scale to the rest of the 4 inch figures than the Deluxe Mumm-Ra, in my opinion. Only thing lacking from the 6 inch Mumm-Ra are wings, but otherwise I find it superior to the deluxe.
Grune the Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:37 PM   #19
Steevy Maximus
Thunder Kitty
I will buy DOUBLE of any Silverhawk merchandise Bandai produces!
Steevy Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:38 PM   #20
Steevy Maximus
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitewing73 View Post
The six inch version is more "to scale" with the 4" Thundercats, but the deluxe figure I think gives you a few more accessories.

I'd go with the deluxe figure because I think the wings are freakin' cool.
Steevy Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:37 PM   #21
guard convoy
FOR REFERENCE!
thank's to the new episode i hope someone makes wings for the 6 inch mumm-ra, he needs them
guard convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:54 PM   #22
Trukkinmunky
cleric
I hope they do the same for classics Wilykit and Kat. Also I can't wait for all those other 4'' figures to be released. Silverhawks and Tigersharks will look awesome with the Lizardmen.
Trukkinmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:43 AM   #23
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
In wake of Legacy, this takes on a different light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTV Inteview
In addition, there are a few characters like Mumm-Ra’s final form that are so big we will be releasing them in an entirely different scale just so that when placed next to the rest of your 4” collection it all aligns with the figure-to-figure sizing featured in the series.
Armored Mumm-Ra FTW!!!
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:33 PM   #24
Monkian
Thunder Monkey
I'm down with whatever. It'd be great to see them expand the classics line.
Monkian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:50 PM   #25
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
In wake of Legacy, this takes on a different light.

Armored Mumm-Ra FTW!!!
It certainly does. While I do plan on getting mostly 6" figures for the new show, I will definitely be getting the 4" scaled "final form" Mumm-Ra figure. Hopefully they'll also make a figure of the armor Leo had (I think it's safe to assume that Lion-O will done the same in the future of the show). Who knows, maybe the two armored figures will be released as a 2-pack of sorts. Much like how the big Marvel figures usually have a regular sized figure packed with them.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:33 PM   #26
nomad16
Thundarian
this is absolutely awesome news!!! does any of the moderators know if they can potentially do a Q and A with Bandai like Hasbro does???
nomad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:36 PM   #27
nomad16
Thundarian
potential figures and vehicles: the armored leo, mumm ra, Mumm Ra's vehicle, the thunder jet, alien warriors like the tigersharks, hawks, robear burbill's, jackal man, and who knows the snowman of hook Mt and Snowmeow!

Last edited by nomad16; 09-06-2011 at 07:44 PM..
nomad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:11 PM   #28
moondog
Thunder Kitty
We saw tigersharks for like a split secon and Mon star but no silverhawks and everyone wants to see figures made of them ? I would rather see more thundercats, lizards, jackals. I think mon star was just a cameo probably won't even see the silverhawks
moondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:20 PM   #29
flywheels
The old blind Thundercat
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
Awesome news. I was very disappointed in how the 4-inch Thunderkittens look, and not too crazy about the Cheetara either. Will pick up the whole bunch when we have the 6 inch versions.
I'll admit that the 4 inch Cheetara figure isn't that great. The leg articulation is less than stellar. Can't figure out why Bandai went w/ the style of thigh joints as they did.
flywheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:38 PM   #30
crackus
Thunder Puss
Quote:
Originally Posted by topnotch97 View Post
Silverhawks and Tigersharks please!!!!
this!!!! and more villains please!!!
crackus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:53 PM   #31
nomad16
Thundarian