TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 01-17-2012, 07:09 AM   #4951
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
So I wonder who will use Ross' classic line from friends, "we were on a break"?
"TFriends and a Half Cat"

Tygra, since he will be in on/off dating mode with Pumyra as Pumyra is sometimes annoyed with Tygra’s antics despite maybe Tygra's better in "gun" skills with Pumyra than Lion-O's "sword" skills with Cheetara as Cheetara needed to point a few things to improve Lion-O's "sword" skills with her 2 booming and glowing "Globes of Wisdom" when in extremely close proximity with Lion-O's "Sword" . Despite Lion-O's yet to improve "Sword" skills, Pumyra is still attracted to Lion-O but got blocked by Cheetara all the time, while Lion-O does not have any clue of Pumyra advances to him as he only loves Cheetara and see Pumyra as a friend and nothing more. So catfights between Pumyra and Cheetara happened all the time with or without the oil and/or lotions, when both guys are out. Pumyra in the end got stuck with Tygra all the time. Problem is Tygra also has a lot of other female cats girlfriends, so Tygra got beaten a lot by Pumyra. Until in the end Tygra and Pumyra’s chemistry got stronger despite being beaten to death with Pumyra all the time. So all ends well as Lion-O has mastered his "sword" skills with Cheetara and Tygra has mastered his "gun" defensive skills with Pumyra. Lion-O/Cheetara and Tygra/Pumyra, THE END or is it? .....Epilogue: Not far away from their beach house,....Snow Meow returns as usual with his bowel movements and the masters of evil snarf

Last edited by cmangund; 01-17-2012 at 07:20 AM..
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:46 AM   #4952
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
I think they will make it light thus either the evolved triangle scenario or the SoO connections scenario, easier for kids to understand.
Why would she need a sword of omens connection to like lion-o ? That theory cheapens cheetara to me if she likes lion-o there doesn't need to be an outside influence to make the decision she does have a mind of her own and can choose for herself. The connections theory is just asking for trouble for "lion-o fans"
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:50 AM   #4953
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Two and a Half Men?!? Uh oh, does this mean that Lion-o and Tygra will move into a beach house together, and then hilarity will ensue?
I would've guessed panthro and bengali would be the men and lion-o the 1/2.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:09 AM   #4954
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
"TFriends and a Half Cat"

Tygra, since he will be in on/off dating mode with Pumyra as Pumyra is sometimes annoyed with Tygra’s antics despite maybe Tygra's better in "gun" skills with Pumyra than Lion-O's "sword" skills with Cheetara as Cheetara needed to point a few things to improve Lion-O's "sword" skills with her 2 booming and glowing "Globes of Wisdom" when in extremely close proximity with Lion-O's "Sword" . Despite Lion-O's yet to improve "Sword" skills, Pumyra is still attracted to Lion-O but got blocked by Cheetara all the time, while Lion-O does not have any clue of Pumyra advances to him as he only loves Cheetara and see Pumyra as a friend and nothing more. So catfights between Pumyra and Cheetara happened all the time with or without the oil and/or lotions, when both guys are out. Pumyra in the end got stuck with Tygra all the time. Problem is Tygra also has a lot of other female cats girlfriends, so Tygra got beaten a lot by Pumyra. Until in the end Tygra and Pumyra’s chemistry got stronger despite being beaten to death with Pumyra all the time. So all ends well as Lion-O has mastered his "sword" skills with Cheetara and Tygra has mastered his "gun" defensive skills with Pumyra. Lion-O/Cheetara and Tygra/Pumyra, THE END or is it? .....Epilogue: Not far away from their beach house,....Snow Meow returns as usual with his bowel movements and the masters of evil snarf
Doubt any of that would happen because it would take away from the main story. Besides i doubt tygra has any other female cats it doesn't fit his "profile" and the writers suggest that he is also shy.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:24 AM   #4955
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
So combining that interview with Dan’s comments “She chose Tygra …”
The … meant there’s a pause or spoiler or fill in the blanks, otherwise he will just type She chose Tygra; not Mumm-Ra. could be:

1. She chose Tygra but loves Lion-O
2. She chose Tygra but likes Lion-O more
3. She chose Tygra and she loves Lion-O too
4. She chose Tygra and she likes Lion-O too
5. She chose Tygra and Lion-O (she chose twice with/without SoO connections)

So looks like conflicted feelings theory all over again, will lead to her cannot really chosing either brothers again only this time with evolved triangle or she has chosen twice or similar to that.

Seeing the Top Dogs of WB are the ones doing this Love Triangle and Peter Roth he’s also involved with Friends show and Two and a Half Man show, Sam Register also known for ships these will strengthen the possibility of another entanglements with Pumyra/Bengali/Tygra. Or Lion-O/Cheetara/Tygra/Pumyra. Things can get really messy… Of course I hope not hope it will be just Lion-O/Cheetara and Tygra/Pumyra.
But they can't go over the top if they are aiming at kids 6-11.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:28 AM   #4956
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
Doubt any of that would happen because it would take away from the main story. Besides i doubt tygra has any other female cats it doesn't fit his "profile" and the writers suggest that he is also shy.
Disagree, he provided you info coming from the main person at WB that wanted the triangle.

"And what about the Cheetara/Lion-O/Tygra love triangle?

"This show is breaking a lot of conventional rules of Western animation," Jelenic continued. "Back when I started people said 'don't do stories that are serialized' and 'don't do love stories.' When we were very early in development, we pitched the show to Peter Roth, the President of Television for Warner Brothers, and the love triangle was the one thing he cued in on immediately. He said, 'Let's get a triangle going between these three characters' and he's obviously a guy who knows what he's doing. So that became a very important part of the story."

I don't understand, they have been running subpots this whole time with the main stroy, how has it taken away from the story.

If they didn't have subplots then the story would be over in 26 episodes.

Last edited by L08e16o; 01-17-2012 at 11:51 AM..
Old 01-17-2012, 11:31 AM   #4957
L08e16o
Quote:
Why would she need a sword of omens connection to like lion-o ? That theory cheapens cheetara to me if she likes lion-o there doesn't need to be an outside influence to make the decision she does have a mind of her own and can choose for herself. The connections theory is just asking for trouble for "lion-o fans"
Why is it asking for trouble?

We are talking about the past why she followed him. We are saying they have a connection with the different clips and dialogue they have had with lion-o and cheetara. We are not saying she has to like lion-o, because of the SoO. We are saying there could be a connection. We think she likes him without the SoO.

You are going to get more of the triangle no matter what.

Didn't you watch HS of the dead?

Last edited by L08e16o; 01-17-2012 at 01:25 PM..
Old 01-17-2012, 11:33 AM   #4958
L08e16o
Quote:
I think they will make it light thus either the evolved triangle scenario or the SoO connections scenario, easier for kids to understand.
Agree, it will have to be less drama.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:48 AM   #4959
AdamofEternia
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Disagree, he provided you info coming from the main person at WB that wanted the triangle.

I don't understand, they have been running subpots this whole time with the main stroy, how has it taken away from the story.
i think Big snarf meant that if the writers kept going back and forth with the triangle, it will almost kind of overshadow the main plot of the story.
AdamofEternia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:48 PM   #4960
Balgus82
Quote:
So combining that interview with Dan’s comments “She chose Tygra …”
The … meant there’s a pause or spoiler or fill in the blanks, otherwise he will just type She chose Tygra; not Mumm-Ra. could be:
ok. for the last time guys. It was not an interview. It was must me asking him a question on frikkin Facebook. Why are ya'll trying to read so much into something as stupid as dots?

/facepalm
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:10 PM   #4961
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
Quote:
Two and a Half Men?!? Uh oh, does this mean that Lion-o and Tygra will move into a beach house together, and then hilarity will ensue?
yup. and then tygra dies and lion-o meets walden.
DarkKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:10 PM   #4962
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
ok. for the last time guys. It was not an interview. It was must me asking him a question on frikkin Facebook. Why are ya'll trying to read so much into something as stupid as dots?

/facepalm
why do YOU care so much?

Last edited by DarkKnight; 01-17-2012 at 01:21 PM..
Old 01-17-2012, 01:22 PM   #4963
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamofEternia View Post
i think Big snarf meant that if the writers kept going back and forth with the triangle, it will almost kind of overshadow the main plot of the story.
I understand, but that is what they wanted.

I think they are doing that to drive the character development.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #4964
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post
why do YOU care so much?
You know the answer to that one.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:37 PM   #4965
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Why is it asking for trouble? Maybe that is what you don't want to see.

We are talking about the past why she followed him. We are saying they have a connection with the different clips and dialogue they have had with lion-o and cheetara. We are not saying she has to like lion-o, because of the SoO. We are saying there could be a connection. We think she likes him without the SoO.

You are going to get more of the triangle no matter what.

Didn't you watch HS of the dead?
So then is the sword of omens connection is a non factor ? As far as we know she chose tygra for now for what ever reasons. The love triangle in HS of the dead if anyone can call it that "takashi accepted the fact that rei was with hisashi even though he still liked her " was over in the 1st ep.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:44 PM   #4966
L08e16o
Quote:
So then is the sword of omens connection is a non factor ? As far as we know she chose tygra for now for what ever reasons. The love triangle in HS of the dead if anyone can call it that "takashi accepted the fact that rei was with hisashi even though he still liked her " was over in the 1st ep.
HS of the dead is a harem, not a triangle.

What we are saying is she likes him, but there is more to it. Like their destinies are link through the SoO. We are saying in cheetara's past that was one of the factors to have her follow him and she started to like him.

She chose tygra the first time (flower) and chose lion-o a second time (the following around).

We are not saying it is solely based on the SoO or without it.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #4967
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
Quote:
You know the answer to that one.
oh yeah
Old 01-17-2012, 01:49 PM   #4968
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:

"And what about the Cheetara/Lion-O/Tygra love triangle?

"This show is breaking a lot of conventional rules of Western animation," Jelenic continued. "Back when I started people said 'don't do stories that are serialized' and 'don't do love stories.' When we were very early in development, we pitched the show to Peter Roth, the President of Television for Warner Brothers, and the love triangle was the one thing he cued in on immediately. He said, 'Let's get a triangle going between these three characters' and he's obviously a guy who knows what he's doing. So that became a very important part of the story."

If they didn't have subplots then the story would be over in 26 episodes.
I was talking more along the lines of the whole tygra/chettara/pumyra/long list of female cats theory when i said it doesn't fit his "profile". If the the triangle keeps going tygra is in it to win it whether he does is a different story
Old 01-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #4969
L08e16o
Quote:
I was talking more along the lines of the whole tygra/chettara/pumyra/long list of female cats theory when i said it doesn't fit his "profile". If the the triangle keeps going tygra is in it to win it whether he does is a different story
If he is in it to win, then he is not shy is he?

I think tygra is more than that. Cheetara and pumyra is only two female cats characters.

I don't think the triangle will be dragged on, they gave the proper due for T/C (flower), now it is the other side of the triangle.

You know the relationships always over shadow the story. That is what people like.

Last edited by L08e16o; 01-17-2012 at 02:04 PM..
Old 01-17-2012, 01:59 PM   #4970
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
Quote:
If he is in it to win, then he is not shy is he?

I think tygra is more than that. Cheetara and pumyra is only two female cats characters.

I don't think the triangle will be dragged on, they gave the proper due for T/C (flower), not it is the other side of the triangle.

You know the relationships always over shadow the story. That is what people like.
thats the truth
Old 01-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #4971
Balgus82
Quote:
why do YOU care so much?
because I was the one he was talking to. And I'm the one that relayed the information hoping it would put an end to some of this constant arguing.
But I guess people in denial will rationalize anything.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #4972
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
HS of the dead is a harem, not a triangle.

What we are saying is she likes him, but there is more to it. Like their destinies are link through the SoO. We are saying in cheetara's past that was one of the factors to have her follow him and she started to like him.

She chose tygra the first time (flower) and chose lion-o a second time (the following around).

We are not saying it is solely based on the SoO or without it.
Thats why i said in HS of the dead "triangle" was over in the 1st ep, i never said it wasn't harem but it did start out with tahashi, rei & hisashi. If she chose tygra the 1st time(flower) lion-o 2nd (stalking) it seems that for now she went back to the 1st choice for now. Their destinies can be linked through the sword but that doesn't mean they are destined to be together. However it they can use that connection as a base to build on as something in common but that is still so minimal
Old 01-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #4973
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
Quote:
because I was the one he was talking to. And I'm the one that relayed the information hoping it would put an end to some of this constant arguing.
look Im just going to be honest with you. if you know that some comments you post tic my friends off dont post them. and try to compromize with us. im just trying to be nice.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:07 PM   #4974
Balgus82
Quote:
look Im just going to be honest with you. if you know that some comments you post tic my friends off dont post them. and try to compromize with us. im just trying to be nice.
I am not trying to tick anyone off. But hell it's not like ya'll never tick me off. I have tried to compromise. I've even said she could end up with Lion-O eventually. But everyone seems to want to deny or rationalize excuses to say she doesn't really want Tygra when I actually got confirmation by one of the main Crew members that she does. It's just frustrating.

Last edited by Balgus82; 01-17-2012 at 02:10 PM..
Old 01-17-2012, 02:08 PM   #4975
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82

and another thing we dont rationalize anything. we just want to talk about wha we like. got it?
Old 01-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #4976
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
Quote:
I am not trying to tick anyone off. But hell it's not like ya'll never tick me off.
and you dont think I ever got mad. i understand you dont want to piss us off, but it dosent look like you're trying not to.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #4977
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamofEternia View Post
Yup the switching and pairing and switching again and again will make viewers dizzy meanwhile mum-ra catches everyone squabbling over who gets who and of course lion-o left the sword in his tent and thats the end of the thundercats with you guessed it snarf being the only survivor of the group
Old 01-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #4978
L08e16o
Quote:
Thats why i said in HS of the dead "triangle" was over in the 1st ep, i never said it wasn't harem but it did start out with tahashi, rei & hisashi. If she chose tygra the 1st time(flower) lion-o 2nd (stalking) it seems that for now she went back to the 1st choice for now. Their destinies can be linked through the sword but that doesn't mean they are destined to be together. However it they can use that connection as a base to build on as something in common but that is still so minimal
There never was a triangle. It was pure ecchi harem. The manga is pure harem, no romance. That is how it was package.

What is minimal?

We already had this discussion with why she went to tygra.

I sorry, you are going to have to accept the triangle. It is going to go on and the plot will run too.

How did tygra go from psychopath to a shy cat?
Old 01-17-2012, 02:13 PM   #4979
Balgus82
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82

and another thing we dont rationalize anything. we just want to talk about wha we like. got it?

when someone goes so far as to start trying to explain dots in a message to support their views, to me it's rationalizing.

He puts "....." in his responses to me all the time. Even in things that have nothing to do with the show or spoilers.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:13 PM   #4980
L08e16o
Quote:
Yup the switching and pairing and switching again and again will make viewers dizzy meanwhile mum-ra catches everyone squabbling over who gets who and of course lion-o left the sword in his tent and thats the end of the thundercats with you guessed it snarf being the only survivor of the group
As you said before, what has mummra done?
Old 01-17-2012, 02:18 PM   #4981
L08e16o
Quote:
when someone goes so far as to start trying to explain dots in a message to support their views, to me it's rationalizing.

He puts "....." in his responses to me all the time. Even in things that have nothing to do with the show or spoilers.
Why don't you post it to show proof and don't make someothing up.

I am sorry, but I will trust a english graduate degree over you. An ellipsis can also be used to indicate an unfinished thought. Heck I never use them.

And it does p$ss you o$$. They post between each other and you come in argue. You just can't let it go.

Last edited by L08e16o; 01-17-2012 at 02:21 PM..
Old 01-17-2012, 02:20 PM   #4982
Balgus82
Quote:
Why don't you post it to show proof and don't make someothing up.

I am sorry, but I will trust a english graduate degree over you.

And it does p$ss you o$$. They post between each other and you come in argue. You just can't let it go.
as in example once i asked

"Your posts today got me wondering how concept artists are paid. Do they get salaries? or are they paid by picture? or hour? or what?"

he answered

"if on staff... sal... if freelance... per piece. if an onsite contractor, you get paid by union regulations

which is hourly"

do you think he left out spoilers on that too?

and that's as far as I'm going to go with posting PMs that have nothing to do with the show.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:21 PM   #4983
stormbringer
Quote:
Well as far as the sword is concerned, Mummra can't touch it. As far as the squabbling is concerned, yeah that could be an issue.Fortunately for the cats Mummra is horribly ineffectual.

Last edited by stormbringer; 01-17-2012 at 02:23 PM..
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:24 PM   #4984
Balgus82
Quote:
Well as far as the sword is concerned, Mummra can't touch it.
True, but as Grune proved Mumm-Ra's minions can.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:30 PM   #4985
L08e16o
Quote:
as in example once i asked

"Your posts today got me wondering how concept artists are paid. Do they get salaries? or are they paid by picture? or hour? or what?"

he answered

"if on staff... sal... if freelance... per piece. if an onsite contractor, you get paid by union regulations

which is hourly"

do you think he left out spoilers on that too?

and that's as far as I'm going to go with posting PMs that have nothing to do with the show.
He uses Ellipsis. Three dots.

You are asking him a question that has nothing to do with TC.

His sentence was a pause in his speech; if on staff... sal. It would be different if it was about something he can't say that much about.

Look how he wrote the next sentence. He didn't use them at all.

No one said she didn't chose tygra as of E13.

Last edited by L08e16o; 01-17-2012 at 02:42 PM..
Old 01-17-2012, 02:35 PM   #4986
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
As you said before, what has mummra done?
Yeah but if he catches them fighting amongst themselves without the sword they are doomed for sure.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:39 PM   #4987
L08e16o
Quote:
Yeah but if he catches them fighting amongst themselves without the sword they are doomed for sure.
Doesn't that need to happen? If things keep going as they are, they can wrap it up in episode 26.

The TC need a set back.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #4988
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
There never was a triangle. It was pure ecchi harem. The manga is pure harem, no romance. That is how it was package.

What is minimal?

We already had this discussion with why she went to tygra.

I sorry, you are going to have to accept the triangle. It is going to go on and the plot will run too.

How did tygra go from psychopath to a shy cat?
The "triangle" in HS of the dead was in the 1st ep. I said tygra is a sociopath not psychopath and issues based on shyness is a common trait. I have no problem with the triangle just i think it was written a little badly but like said before the fate of thundera doesn't rest on who cheetara chooses its what lion-o does regardless of if cheetara is "with" him or not
Old 01-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #4989
stormbringer
Quote:
Doesn't that need to happen? If things keep going as they are, they can wrap it up in episode 26.

The TC need a set back.
Maybe Mummra will forge an alliance with th Lunatacs.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #4990
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:

The TC need a set back.
Thats not a set back thats more like game over mum-ra wins
Old 01-17-2012, 02:50 PM   #4991
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
That might backfire on him seeing how he couldn't control them in the OS. If they beat the cats he'll be next, but he's smarter than that and he'll just come in and take the stones when no one is looking and run as fast as he can
Old 01-17-2012, 02:51 PM   #4992
L08e16o
Quote:
The "triangle" in HS of the dead was in the 1st ep. I said tygra is a sociopath not psychopath and issues based on shyness is a common trait. I have no problem with the triangle just i think it was written a little badly but like said before the fate of thundera doesn't rest on who cheetara chooses its what lion-o does regardless of if cheetara is "with" him or not
I agree it was written badly from only watching 13, but it was planned this way. They pitched it at the big boss of WB and he wanted it to be a driving force of the story. There is more to it. There is no way the big boss would ok some sloppy triangle.

I think what happen in AP has changed tygra a little, as the tygra fans have pointed out.

I agree, I was shocked they did romance in this.

They have 39 episodes to go.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:51 PM   #4993
stormbringer
Quote:

The TC need a set back.
Quote:
That might backfire on him seeing how he couldn't control them in the OS. If they beat the cats he'll be next, but he's smarter than that and he'll just come in and take the stones when no one is looking and run as fast as he can
Yep, flight over fight.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:52 PM   #4994
L08e16o
Quote:
Thats not a set back thats more like game over mum-ra wins
Lion-o could say SoO come to my hands.

The shows original title was lost causes.

Last edited by L08e16o; 01-17-2012 at 02:55 PM..
Old 01-17-2012, 02:53 PM   #4995
L08e16o
Quote:
I like that idea.

I am interested to see what mummra has up his sleeve.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:15 PM   #4996
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Lion-o could say SoO come to my hands.

The shows original title was lost causes.
I've been waiting to see him say that. The lost cause would be cheetara trying to say "its not what you think lion-o" .
Old 01-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #4997
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I like that idea.

I am interested to see what mummra has up his sleeve.
Plus mum-ra hasn't changed into super mum-ra yet
Old 01-17-2012, 03:23 PM   #4998
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I agree it was written badly from only watching 13, but it was planned this way. They pitched it at the big boss of WB and he wanted it to be a driving force of the story. There is more to it. There is no way the big boss would ok some sloppy triangle.

I think what happen in AP has changed tygra a little, as the tygra fans have pointed out.

I agree, I was shocked they did romance in this.

They have 39 episodes to go.
I don't think tygra has shown any change but he has become more aware and its now strike two against third one and he's out. The next 39 episodes need to be like the 1st 8 episodes but i guess 9-13 are just fillers.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:34 PM   #4999
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
For now cheetara has chosen tygra but that can change. Cheetara " tygra i can't believe your not housebroken yet " Tygra "" And snarf ""
Old 01-17-2012, 03:40 PM   #5000
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Yep, flight over fight.
Ancient spirits of evil will say " good mumm-ra you got the stones now run away run home as fast as you can" If mum-ra starts singing he has a golden ticket i'm turning off my tv