TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 01-21-2012, 04:25 PM   #1
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
The new 4 inch Lion-o is very similar to the original 4 inch with the very noticeable difference of the left arm being replaced with a full length gauntlet.

The gauntlet is pretty cool and has articulation at the wrist but the articulation is really inhibited at the shoulder.

The face is different and has Lion-o sporting a grimmace and baring his teeth.

I also noticied that the Eye of Thundera on his belt is tilted down more than the original. I haven't seen another to compare so I don't know if this is a paint application issue or a minor change.

The overall articulation is the same as the original but then I noticed that it lacked the same ankle articulation which was pretty disappointing.

He comes with both an extra left forearm to replace the guantlet with as well as the large and small Sword of Omens. I was disappointed to see that the small Sword of Omens could not be added to the gauntlet and stored there like the original.

The new 4 inch Panthro is very similar to the original 4 inch with the very noticeable difference of the left and right forearms being replaced with a metal cybernetic arms. If you recall, Panthro lost his arms to the Astral Plane choosing to sacrafice them in order to banish Grune there forever.

The arms are a new mold and not just the original arms repainted silver. Pretty bad ass.

The face is also different and like Lion-o, Panthro is sporting a grimmace and baring his teeth.

The biggest change that seems to have made everyone pretty happy is that the large set of nunchucks have been painted red and blue to mimic the nunchucks that Panthro wielded in the original series. Unfortunately, the small set that clips onto the back of him remain all silver.

Much like the new 4 inch Lion-o, the overall articulation on this Panthro is the same as the original but then I noticed that it lacked the same ankle articulation which again was pretty disappointing.

if you are a Thundercats fan and a completist, be sure to grab these figures as they are definitly worth adding to your collection!
Lody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #2
Mongor
You got red on you.
I know I'm in the minority, but I really want that new Lion-O. The gauntlet and new head look bad ass.
Mongor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:43 PM   #3
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Lody is offline   Reply With Quote