TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Litter Box - Off Topic > Toys
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2011, 03:17 PM   #351
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: Shin Densetsu @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Ah yes, the mighty Skystriker. It returns this Fall(or actually summer/JULY if you order from our sponsors BigBadToyStore or Smalljoes.com) as the Sky Striker XP21F(nice homage to Tomcat 21 hasBRO). Anyways, one primary difference is that the Sky Striker XP21F will be a 1-seater. However, thanks to our sister site Toyark, we now know that a 2 seat Sky Striker XP21F, COULD be designed in the future:

Q) While most fans do appreciate the increased cockpit detail in the Sky Striker XP-21F, they still crave a 2 seater. Has a 2 seat Sky Striker XP-21F, at the cost of substantially less cockpit detail/tooling, ever been taken into consideration, possibly for future releases or perhaps a running change?
A) The two seater was indeed considered, however, it would have been very very difficult to fit the second pilot in the cockpit. Luckily, the new cockpit is indeed modular and a new, two seater cockpit could be designed at a future date to accomodate two (albeit, very awkward) seated pilots. Currently, there are no plans to revise this design.

So now we ask you, HISS Tank'ers:

Do you want a 2 seat Sky Striker XP21F in the future?

DISCUSS!
Original Source: Do You Want A 2 Seat Sky Striker XP21F? - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:19 AM   #352
ThundeRSS

Quote:
According to Toonzone, The HUB will be airing a GI Joe A Real American Hero & GI Joe Renegades marathon on Fathers' Day!

The marathon will consist of episodes from GI Joe A Real American Hero and GI Joe Renegades and will run from 1:00 PM EST to 8:00 PM EST on Sunday, June 19, 2011. Throughout the day military style file cards style will pop up with little known GI Joe facts and trivia. Polling will take place on hubworld.
Original Source: GI Joe Renegades Fathers Day Marathon - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-10-2011, 02:50 AM   #353
ThundeRSS

Quote:
We've got the latest update from site sponsor BigBadToyStore! In addition to the usual new arrivals and preorders for hot incoming items, they've got a ton of items on clearance! Check them out so you don't miss out on some epic deals! Read on for the complete update!
Original Source: Site Sponsor Update - BigBadToyStore June 10th 2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-10-2011, 03:35 AM   #354
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISS Tank boards member notpicard has posted images of 2 canceled GI Joe 6 Inch Figures. While it's currently unknown when these figures were planned for release, the evidence presented may indicate that these were actually planned for 2001. Notpicard has included images comparing these figures with the 2002 GI Joe VS Cobra versions of Duke and Cobra Commander. He also mentioned that Draxhall Jump's design for Duke at the time is much closer to the 6" figure posted, than the 3-3/4" Duke which was released for GI Joe VS Cobra in 2002.

By 2001, 6" figures were becoming more common, as Toy Biz had started making waves with their Spiderman Classics line, and of course, the venerable Marvel Legends. During the heyday of Marvel Legends, some fans were busy at work, making GI Joe Legends customs. Then, once Hasbro obtained the license, it seemed like fans' wishes for GI Joe Legends figures might finally come true.

Fast forward to now, 2011, and this has yet to happen. Yet is it a possibility? Furthermore, would the fandom embrace fully articulated 6" GI Joe figures, on par with the best of the best of Marvel Legends?

In any case, check out a blast from the past after the jump, check out the 6" GI Joes that never made it to retail shelves!
Original Source: Canceled GI Joe 6 Inch Figures - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-10-2011, 07:51 PM   #355
ThundeRSS

Quote:
With little over a year to go before GI Joe 2 Cobra Strikes is scheduled to premiere, movie news has been breaking on a steadier pace. A month ago reports of casting calls for Asian females for Cobra Strikes surfaced. To us, the immediate thought was;

JINX?!

As it turns out, The Hollywood Reporter has reported that Elodie Yung is in talks to play Jinx:

French actress Elodie Yung is in talks to join Dwayne Johnson and Channing Tatum in Paramount's new G.I. Joe movie.

Yung will play a ninja member of the Joe squad named Jinx.

Also added was a sample of what she's capable of:

Sexy Elodie Yung Banlieue 13 Ultimatum by qoochet
Original Source: Elodie Yung As Jinx In GI Joe 2 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-11-2011, 01:58 AM   #356
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: TTT @ HissTank.com

Quote:
HISSTank.com member vince_chua made the following modern era customs taking inspiration from the Sideshow line of G.I. Joe figures.

Check them all out right here......

Firefly > click here

General Hawk > click here

Duke > click here

Beachhead > click here

Dusty > click here
Original Source: Sideshow Inspired G.I. Joe And Cobra Modern Era Customs - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-12-2011, 12:15 PM   #357
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: C.I.A.D. @ HissTank.com

Quote:
It's Sunday, so it must be time for the latest issue of Ages 25 & Up! This week, in Issue #143 entitled DNCASHMAN, The Autobots and Beard Force set out to save the Joe Team from Cobra's T.V. Studio, while April O'Neil interviews Duke Nukem...who's secretly been working with Cobra?

What?

Join us after the jump and see for yourself!

Once you've checked out the latest installment, talk to 1337W422102, the Creator of A25&U, here on the HissTank.com Forums!
Original Source: Ages 25 & Up #143 - DNCASHMAN - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-12-2011, 12:15 PM   #358
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISS Tank boards member 1337W422102 has passed along his newest installment of "Ages 25 And Up". This one is titled "Jonesing". Read on to check it out!
Original Source: Ages 25 And Up #142 - Jonesing - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-12-2011, 01:31 PM   #359
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Just moments ago we shared an image of Plastirama's G.I.Joe Topson Cardback, thanks to HissTank.com forum member deaco.

Not to be outdone, Forum Member CobraMortalArg has shared images of Manleh, another G.I.Joe figure made by Plastirama. This fine piece is yet another example of International Cardbacks that have not been seen, or seen in this condition.

The cardback confirms what accessories came with Manleh, which has been the source of speculation for quite some time. Not only do we get to enjoy images of Manleh's full card, but also making an appearance is the full card for Cobra Mortal! These items were up for auction in CMA's eBay Store, where other rare Argentine toys can be found.

This Sunday has been chock full of International G.I.Joe goodness. Be sure to join us after the jump for the discussion already in progress!
Original Source: Plastirama G.I.Joe Manleh Cardback Images Revealed - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-12-2011, 01:31 PM   #360
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The G.I.Joe brand has been popular the World over for almost 30 years now. In Argentina, a company by the name of Plastirama brought the battle between G.I.Joe and Cobra to Argentine children who enjoyed very similar, yet very different versions of fan favorite characters, including Topson, one of the 2nd series of G.I.Joe figures offered by Plastirama.

The pieces from this assortment can be very rare, especially in fair condition. This includes figure card backs, some of which have never been seen.

HissTank.com forum member deaco has shared a special treat with us, a full cardback for Topson! Shown in this beautiful image are Topson with Rifle and what appears to be an ammo bag/radio.

This is the first time a card in this condition has been shown, so we are delighted to share this little piece of International G.I.Joe history with you. But wait, that's not all! We have even more card backs to show you! Be sure to join in on the discussion after the jump and join us for more International goodies!
Original Source: Plastirama G.I.Joe Topson Cardback Sample Revealed - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-13-2011, 09:23 PM   #361
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: Echo7Solo @ HissTank.com

Quote:
GI Joe 2: Rise of Cobra director John M. Chu posted on twitter today

Quote:
Originally Posted by @jonmchu

GI JOE FANS ALERT! If u were making the JOE movie how would u change it or add to it... casting, designs, characters, etc... just curious.

So here is your chance HissTank.
Original Source: What Would You Change For GI Joe 2? - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-14-2011, 12:32 AM   #362
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Yes you read the headline right. According to a tweet by Rhett Reese, one of the screenwriters for GI Joe 2, GI Joe 2 will not be titled GI Joe 2 Cobra Strikes:

To correct some misinformation: Cobra Strikes is not the title of GI Joe 2

He followed up with another tweet a while later:

unfortunately the real title is still secret

Presumably Cobra will be playing a more active/aggressive role in the upcoming sequel to Rise Of Cobra. With Cobra Strikes out, what do you think the title for GI Joe 2 will be? With little over a year to go, there is still time to make changes.
Original Source: GI Joe 2 Title Currently Unknown - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-14-2011, 01:17 AM   #363
ThundeRSS

Quote:
We've got the weekly roundup of news from our sister sites:From the onslaught of Dark Of The Moon news, a new villain figure for the Captain America First Avenger line, Master Chief finally enters Play Arts Kai, and more, check out all the news from the past week, after the jump!
Original Source: TFW2005 Toyark And Thundercats.ws News Roundup June 13th 2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-14-2011, 01:17 AM   #364
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Peterkin UK has posted listings for upcoming Power Team Elite vehicles and playsets. In 2009, the line moved in a new direction, introducing some vehicles used by the Chinese military, in addition to previously released vehicles. M&C Toy Centre even featured an animated commercial on their site, featuring their then-new IFV, and the J-10 multirole fighter.

Two years later and the long-rumored J-10 toy has finally surfaced. Here are the new toys listed:With Power Team Elite toys arriving annually each Fall at Big Lots, could some of these new toys, if not all, end up at Big Lots this Fall? Notably absent these past 2 years were the SU-27 Flanker and A-10 Warthog. Check them all out after the jump!
Original Source: New Power Team Elite Vehicles And Playsets - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-14-2011, 01:51 AM   #365
ThundeRSS

Quote:
According to the latest round of Ask Sideshow Q&A, the 12 Inch Zartan figure will finally be revealed at San Diego Comic Con 2011!:

Q) When are we getting Zartan, and how soon are we gonna see any Drednoks?

A) Zartan is completely rad. This figure is by far our most ambitious Joe yet, and sports some really incredible armor and weaponry. The prototype is nearly done, and we appear to be on track for a big reveal by the time of San Diego Comic Con.

We 1st caught wind of the Zartan figure back in 2009, got our 1st sneak peek in 2010, and a video preview was shown back in February. Are you looking forward to the new Sideshow Zartan figure?
Original Source: Sideshow Zartan Reveal At SDCC 2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-14-2011, 01:51 AM   #366
ThundeRSS

Original Source: HISStank News Roundup June 13th 2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-14-2011, 02:28 AM   #367
ThundeRSS

Quote:
In a move that rectifies what many fans perceived to be a mistake in Rise Of Cobra, according to screenwriter Rhett Reese, Snake Eyes in GI Joe 2, will not have the molded faux lips on his mask!

Snake Eyes won't have lips.

But I think you guessed that already!

Perhaps the faux abs will go too, perhaps we'll see an all new costume altogether?
Original Source: GI Joe 2 No Lips For Snake Eyes - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-14-2011, 03:05 PM   #368
ThundeRSS

Quote:
For those of you following Snake Eyes' antics in the Cobra Civil War, you've got another issue coming your way! We've got a preview for Snake Eyes #2!

Snake Eyes #2
Chuck Dixon (w) • Robert Atkins (a) • Atkins, Agustin Padilla (c)
Snake Eyes and Helix battle against all odds when they invade the Himalayan fortress filled with Cobra vipers. Vikrim Khallikhan is in the running to be the next Cobra Commander and figures that killing the most dangerous Joe of them all gives him a lock on the title. The Cobra Civil War is just heating up!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio.
*Retailers: See your order form for incentive information.

*Variant Covers:

• Black & white Robert Atkins

Bullet Points:
• COBRA CIVIL WAR tie-in!

Read on to preview Snake Eyes #2!
Original Source: Snake Eyes #2 Preview - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-14-2011, 04:31 PM   #369
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: BCYOJOE @ HissTank.com

Quote:
It's the Licensing Expo 2011. Last year Paramount revealed a promo poster for Transformers: Dark of the Moon (back then known as Transformers 3). This year, it’s the turn for the G. I. Joe.

Pictured on this News Post is a Promo Poster for G. I. Joe 2 with the Tagline…

A NEW DAY.
A NEW MISSION.
A NEW JOE.
Original Source: G. I. Joe 2 Promo At The Licensing Expo 2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-14-2011, 05:31 PM   #370
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Godfather of GI Joe A Real American Hero, Larry Hama, and GI Joe artist SL Gallant will be at DC Comicon, on Father's Day, June 19th 2011! The convention will be held at George Mason University(GMU) in Fairfax, Virginia, and admission is free!

The show will cover over 10,000 square feet of comic book fun, and is closely located to several on-campus dining options, as well as ATMs. The DC Comicon show hours are: Sunday June 19, 2011 from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm

This is also the 1st time that Hama and Gallant will be signing together!
Original Source: Larry Hama And SL Gallant At DC Comicon - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-14-2011, 06:11 PM   #371
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Earlier today, Jon Chu posted an image on instagr.am showing the swords of Snake Eyes & Storm Shadow, with the following caption:

Ninjas never die

Meanwhile, StarNews has reported that:
  • Storm Shadow will have a new look in GI Joe 2
  • Lee Byung Hun will leave for the US later this month, for site preparation for GI Joe 2, which includes martial arts training
  • Snake Eyes & Storm Shadow(said to be more powerful than before) are said to have more intense confrontations in the movie.
Storm Shadow was one of the 1st characters confirmed to return for GI Joe 2, with talk of his return dating as far back as February of last year. Also notice the shurikens shown in this recent image. Burn effects? Very subtle hints at Storm Shadow's new costume? "New Joe"?
Original Source: GI Joe 2 Storm Shadow New Look - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-14-2011, 11:21 PM   #372
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Just a quick little update from the Licensing Expo 2011. Paramount revealed the standee trademark title for G. I. Joe 2. Nothing much really... it's just G. I. Joe written without the star (as seen on the Promo Poster) and 2 written in Roman Numerals.

The addition of the number "II" may indicate that this is a sequel rather than a reboot (as speculated due to the teaser tagline "A New Day, A New Mission, A New Joe").

Original Source: G. I. Joe II Standee Title - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-15-2011, 03:44 AM   #373
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISSTank.com member John_0515 made this custom G.I. Joe LEGO Scarlett.

Click the Discuss button for all the pics and details.
Original Source: Custom G.I. Joe LEGO Scarlett - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-15-2011, 03:52 PM   #374
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: DESTRO @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Hasbro and Discovery Communication's parternship network, The Hub, might be in trouble.

According to reports from Deadline.com and the Hollywood Reporter, Discovery Communications (the other half of The Hub) has ammended their agreement with Hasbro Inc. regarding the fees for airing animated programs. The ammendment is based around a "trigger event", which could lead to a writedown of the channel's overall worth. Discovery Communications submitted a $500 million dollar debt filing to the SEC Monday morning.

The Hub is currently averaging around 23,000 viewers, down from 24,000 a mere month ago. These ratings pale in comparison to the other children's network giants Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network. It is important to note that no new network has ever shot up the charts and they all had growing pains in the beginning. The fear is that Discovery Communications and Hasbro are trying to do so in a failing economy and, for most United States customers, to even watch The Hub you have to pay a premium cable package which raises your cable rates upwards of $100 a month, which for most people, isn't worth it when you can just watch it online the next day thanks to the power of the Internet.

It is speculated that with the $500 million dollar debt filing, Discovery Communications will begin repurchasing its own stock while under the new ammended agreement, Hasbro will foot more of the bill to air their own programs such as My Little Ponies: Friendship is Magic and Transformers Prime.

What does this all mean exactly? In short, by Q3 (Third Quarter in Business Lingo) it may come to be that The Hub is not worth what everyone thought it was in a financial sense. Depending on what that overall amount is, it could cause one or both partners to pull out of the agreement, and The Hub will fade away in to the midsts of obscurity. That is worst-case-scenario however, but it's important to note that it is a viable possibility.

What can you do? Figure out a way to get The Hub with your cable package. Convince people you know with children how great The Hub is with their family-oriented programming. Instead of watching CSI while the kids play video games, gather the family around to watch your favorite family programs from the 1980's and 1990's. And, of course, watch Transformers Prime!

We'll keep you updated. A special thanks to The Live Action Transformers Movie Blog for the initial heads up on this story.
Original Source: And Now For Some Bad News - The Hub in Trouble? - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-15-2011, 06:02 PM   #375
ThundeRSS

Quote:
On Sunday October 9th, 2011 Prepare Yourself For The 80′s TOYPACALYPSE!

New Jersey Collectors Con

NJCC 2011 80′s TOYPACALYPSE

Holiday Inn Cherry Hill – New Jersey
2175 West Marlton Pike (Rt. 70), Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
Sunday, OCTOBER 9th, 2011
Early Admission 8am to 10am $20.00
General Admission 10am to 4pm $10.00

More Updates Coming Soon…….

Join us on FaceBook New Jersey Collectors Con
Original Source: NJCC 2011 Prepare Yourself For The 80′s TOYPACALYPSE! - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-15-2011, 07:23 PM   #376
ThundeRSS

Quote:
On Sunday October 9th, 2011 Prepare Yourself For The 80′s TOYPOCALYPSE!

New Jersey Collectors Con

NJCC 2011 80′s TOYPOCALYPSE

Holiday Inn Cherry Hill – New Jersey
2175 West Marlton Pike (Rt. 70), Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
Sunday, OCTOBER 9th, 2011
Early Admission 8am to 10am $20.00
General Admission 10am to 4pm $10.00

More Updates Coming Soon…….

Original Source: NJCC 2011 Prepare Yourself For The 80′s TOYPOCALYPSE! - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-16-2011, 12:00 AM   #377
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The Old School Creations Club(OSC) has been hard at work making new o-ring sculpts, for club exclusive GI Joe A Real American Hero figures! While GI Joe moved on from the o-ring in 2007, there's still a lot of love left for o-ring Joes!

More details:

All right! BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!

The club is beginning work on the club exclusive ARAH action figures!

The staff is now compiling a list of ten choices (skimmed from the lists of suggestions submitted by users in the ARAH suggestions area) which members will then vote on to select the first figure.

The club will be doing four figures per year plus one bonus figure. We also have an ARAH special edition, "Unmasked Head Set." in the works. This set will include up to 6 character heads sans masks.

Subscriptions will cost $100 for the full year. Those that pay the entire year's subscription will then get to select from two choices of a BONUS FIGURE as an incentive that will be absolutely free! The only way to get the bonus figure will be pay the year's subscription all at once.

Want a hint on the bonus figures? They're both bad guys and they're both army builders.

While each club figure will cost $25, additional figures may be purchased at a much reduced cost.

Even more details regarding the process can be read after the jump!
Original Source: Old School Creations Club Exclusive GI Joe A Real American Hero Figures - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-16-2011, 02:33 AM   #378
ThundeRSS

Quote:
We've got the latest update from site sponsor BigBadToyStore! Don't miss out on their overstock sale!

They've got plenty of new arrivals and preorders too, read on to check them out!
Original Source: Site Sponsor Update BigBadToyStore June 16th 2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-17-2011, 02:37 AM   #379
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Sideshow Collectibles has revealed their upcoming Snake Eyes And Timber statue! Snake Eyes is depicted in his original commando uniform from 1982. Perhaps this statue is a sign of things to come with the upcoming 12 Inch Commando Snake Eyes, last mentioned last year!

A full reveal for the statue will be posted on the production blog on June 21st. Meanwhile, preorders will go up with the launch of the newsletter, on June 23rd.
Original Source: Snake Eyes And Timber Statue - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-17-2011, 03:10 PM   #380
ThundeRSS

Quote:

Here we are bringing you the IDW September 2011 G. I. Joe Solicitations.

On September we’ll see…
  • COBRA #5
  • G.I. JOE VOL. 2 #5
  • SNAKE EYES #5
  • G.I. JOE: COBRA CIVIL WAR 100-PAGE SPECTACULAR
  • G.I. JOE: A REAL AMERICAN HERO #170
  • G.I. JOE: DISAVOWED, VOL. 4
  • G.I. JOE: ORIGINS, VOL. 5
Findout more about each solicitation, after the jump.
Original Source: IDW September 2011 G. I. Joe Solicitations - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-19-2011, 03:12 AM   #381
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISSTank.com member Shipwreck built this custom G.I. Joe 1:24 scale model MOBAT tank.

Click the Discuss button for all the pics & details.

Also check out his 1:24 scale G.I. Joe RAM Cycle model by clicking here
Original Source: Custom G.I. Joe Models MOBAT And RAM - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-19-2011, 10:35 AM   #382
ThundeRSS

Quote:
It's Sunday, so it must be time for the latest issue of Ages 25 & Up! This week, in Issue #144 entitled All That Jazz, some of the Beard Force Allies, namely the Autobots, hit a bit of a snag while Indiana Jones helps the team build a weapon.

What are they building? Will they remember to pick up a Father's Day present?

Join us after the jump and see for yourself!

Once you've checked out the latest installment, talk to 1337W422102, the Creator of A25&U, here on the HissTank.com Forums!
Original Source: Ages 25 & Up #144 - All That Jazz - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-21-2011, 11:50 AM   #383
ThundeRSS

Quote:
We've got a preview for Cobra #2, scheduled for release tomorrow, Wednesday June 23rd 2011:

Cobra #2
Mike Costa (w) • Antonio Fuso (a) • David Williams, Fuso (c)
The Cobra Civil War marches on, as Serpentor makes moves behind the scenes to solidify his own position and manipulate the candidates to his own ends. Also, Blacklight goes on an adventure, and a Joe mission meets with cataclysmic failure. Costa and Fuso give the body count a serious spike.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio.
*Retailers: See your order form for incentive information.

*Variant covers;

Black & white David Williams variant cover!

Selling Points:
• COBRA CIVIL WAR tie-in!

Check out the covers and preview some pages after the jump!
Original Source: Cobra #2 Preview - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-22-2011, 09:50 PM   #384
ThundeRSS

Quote:
G.I. Joe Renegades Revelations - Part 1

Description: Cobra works to finalize deployment of the MASS Device; Scarlett holds the key to its use.

Original air date:
Saturday, July 16, 2011 on HUB

Sound off on the HissTank.com forums by clicking the Discuss Button!
Original Source: G.I. Joe Renegades Revelations - Part 1 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-23-2011, 05:00 PM   #385
ThundeRSS

Quote:
While Mike Costa is the writer for COBRA from IDW, the previous 2 titles, (GI Joe Cobra & GI Joe Cobra II respectively) were written by both Costa and Christos Gage. Bleeding Cool chatted with Gage recently about his work, featuring some comments about his previous work on the GI Joe Cobra titles.

In this we see why the Cobra titles were easily accessible by fans both new and old:

KD: You’ve worked frequently with collaborators on scripts: Dan Slott on AVENGERS: THE INITIATIVE, Mike Costa on G.I.JOE: COBRA, and Alex Ross on INVADERS NOW. Considering your contribution to these partnerships, have you found that there are certain strengths that you tend to bring to the table (overall concepts, dialogue, pacing, etc.) while the other writers focus on other aspects of the craft?

GAGE: It’s different every time. I know with me and Mike, he knew who the G.I. JOE characters were and I had no idea. So that was helpful because he’s approaching it with knowledge of their histories, while I’m just out to tell a good espionage thriller. I mean, that’s what he wants too, but I brought the P.O.V. of an outsider, the guy who’s a total newcomer, which is something I can’t do on my Marvel books. So I think as a team, we were stronger than we would have been individually… which is the goal with a team, or why do it? Otherwise, it’s just twice the work for half the money, you know?

He also spoke of his desire to integrate some of the more eccentric fan-favorites in GI Joe Cobra II:

KD: In G.I.Joe: Cobra, the fan-favorite mainstays of the Joe team are practically out of sight. Instead, you focused your attention on characters who some might consider historically as comic relief (Tomax and Xamot), background characters (your hero, Chuckles), and virtual unknowns (Chameleon). Where did the impetus come from to tell this story using these characters?

GAGE: That was all Mike. I had no idea who they were. Now, by the second miniseries, we had kind of hit a groove as far as taking obscure or silly characters and trying to bring out what made them cool. I was hell bent and determined to bring Croc Master into the IDW Joe universe, because the idea of this guy in a wetsuit with trained crocodiles jazzed me as being awesome comics, the way concepts like Kamandi do. Mike was dying to make Crystal Ball really scary. And I wanted to try to think of a way to make Serpentor and Golobulus work in a more real world setting. The current incarnation of Serpentor is probably my most visible contribution to the IDW Joe-verse.
Original Source: Christos Gage Talks GI Joe Cobra - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-23-2011, 05:00 PM   #386
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The GI Joe Collectors' Club has put up the canceled Cobra Commander With HISS Drone for sale. More info:

We reserve the right to limit quantities on any order.

The G.I. Joe Collectors' Club has officially secured a limited quantity of the cancelled G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra Mail-In Cobra Commander 3 3/4-inch action figure with the exclusive H.I.S.S. drone accessory. The carded figure comes fully packaged in a unique box that includes a letter from General Hawk at G.I. Joe H.Q. This Cobra carded version of Cobra Commander is NOT the chase figure released at retail. It contains additional accessories that have never been offered before, including a red chrome H.I.S.S. drone mini-tank with rocket launcher and removable weapon attachments.

THE NON-MEMBER PRICE INCLUDES A $42 MEMBERSHIP FEE (U.S.) TO THE GI JOE COLLECTOR CLUB. THIS INCLUDES 12 MONTHLY NEWSLETTERS AS WELL AS THE ABILITY TO PURCHASE CLUB EXCLUSIVE FIGURES.

This item is scheduled to ship within 4 weeks of
July 31, 2011.

Prices are as follows:
  • Officer Member's Price: $18.00
  • Trooper Member's Price: $35.00
  • Non-Member's Price: $60.00
Original Source: Canceled Cobra Commander With HISS Drone For Sale - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-23-2011, 05:00 PM   #387
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The GI Joe 30th Anniversary 12 inch figures revealed at Toy Fair 2011 have been spotted at a store in Los Angeles called Mr. G's. As we head towards July, who knows what more we'll find on the shelves in the coming weeks!
Original Source: GI Joe 30th Anniversary 12inch Figures Sighted - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-24-2011, 03:21 PM   #388
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Thanks to HISS Tank.com boards member ToySoldier118 for posting up images of his diorama that was displayed last weekend June 18 to 19,2011 at the SM Megamall (Philippines) in celebration of The 10th Philippine Toys & Hobbies Convention (Philippine's TOYCON), organized by Collectibles Unlimited.

- Dubbed as Dynamic Modular Dioramas or DMD, we at TS118 pioneer and feature these dioramas on commercial events in the Philippines. This diorama changes display twice on the first day and once during the last day, conveying a dio-story. Dio-story revolves on a fictional desert raid inspired by Operation Neptune Spear in Abbottabad then adjusted for general audiences. Character likenesses and profiles are purely coincidental.

- Took a week of preparation and actual dio-work structures 2 weeks to complete (figures/structures/vehicles) after work during weekdays. Build team is composed of 1:18 scale enthusiasts who independently finance, build and marshal their dioramas.

-The exhibit space features a 10 square feet area, with effective diorama terrain of 8 square feet, complete with an aerial cage for suspended helicopters, nearly 40 custom figures and vehicles, and custom-built diorama pieces made just for the event.

- Featured are other 1:18 lines not confined to Hasbro's GI Joe, but FOV action figures, BBI military figures, OurWar ACUPATs. Action Figure Customs includes PMC and Insertion units, and popular middle-east character Icons.
Original Source: TS118's Operation: Burnt Lair GI Joe Diorama - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-24-2011, 03:21 PM   #389
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The 2nd annual "Coil Con" GI Joe swap meet and get together has been planned for July 23, 2011. 9AM - 5 PM in Kokomo, Indiana.

Admission is free. There will be giveaways and contests. There will be lots of games for the kids to play.

Various people from around the Midwest will be bringing GI Joe items to trade and sell. Tables and chairs will be available for everyone that needs them. Last year we had a small 8 table tent, but this year we will have a large 16 vendor tent with sides on it for vendors.

Vendor cost is also free to set up. Please, just let us know if you need a table. Due to space we can only allow one table per vendor, please. If you have small things to sell and trade we might be able to help you share a table too. We will make room for everyone though. Parking available to hold 100 cars along the street and across the street from the event.

Facebook Event: COIL Con II Facebook
Original Source: Coil Con 2011 Midwest Gi-Joe Swap Meet: July 23, 2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-24-2011, 04:00 PM   #390
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Comic-Con 2011 Exclusive – G.I. Joe Cobra Ninja Viper 12-inch Figure

The Cobra Ninja Viper 12 inch Figure features:

Articulated Prometheus 1.1 body with over 30 points of articulation
Hand-painted sculpted fabric masked portrait
Hand-painted sculpted armored masked portrait
Fabric vest with COBRA logo
Fabric undershirt, Fabric pants, Fabric belt
Rope, Fabric forearm and shin bracers with wraps
Detailed sculpted hand, forearm and shin armor
Fabric sash with pockets, Fabric satchel, Fabric hood
Fabric neck wrap, Sculpted/fabric headband with COBRA logo
One (1) pair standing Tabi boot, One (1) pair action Tabi boot
One (1) pair bare fists, One (1) left flat palm hand
One (1) left relaxed hand, One (1) left cupped hand
One (1) left shuriken hand, One (1) right large C grip hand
One (1) right small C grip hand, One (1) left small C grip hand
One (1) gloved trigger hand, One (1) gloved C grip hand
One (1) pair fists with sculpted Neko-Te claws
Tanto knife with scabbard, Daito sword with scabbard
Shoto sword with scabbard, Naginata spear
Sugegasa hat with hidden Bo shuriken clips, Three (3) Bo shuriken
Six (6) Hira shuriken
9mm submachine gun with folding stock and camouflage deco
Four (4) 9mm submachine gun magazines, Submachine gun silencer
Grappling hook
Waist support extendable figure stand with COBRA stand

Comic-Con 2011 Exclusive – G.I. Joe Cobra Ninja Viper 12-inch Figure
Original Source: SDCC Comic-Con 2011 Exclusive G.I. Joe Cobra Ninja Viper - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-24-2011, 05:00 PM   #391
ThundeRSS

Quote:
In the first attempt to bring the GI Joe Universe to life on the big screen, every GI Joe Fan noticed the lack of iconic vehicles such as the H.I.S.S Tank. Well a few days ago the GI Joe 2 Movie Director Jon M. Chu posted a cool picture on his Twitter page along with this note:

Quote:
“My twelve-year old self would be pissing his pants if he saw I what I was seeing right about now... ”
Twitter

Instagram

Those look like killer H.I.S.S. Tank Treads to me! One can only hope..........
Original Source: GI Joe Movie Director Jon M. Chu Tweets H.I.S.S. Tank Treads? - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-24-2011, 09:21 PM   #392
ThundeRSS

Quote:
According to IMDB, Ray Park will be voicing Snake Eyes in GI Joe Renegades. The episodes where he is listed as voicing Snake Eyes are:
  • GI Joe Renegades Episode 23 Cousins
  • GI Joe Renegades Episode 25 Revelations Part 1
Whether this turns out to be true remains to be seen when the episodes air next month. Note that prior to these episodes, Park had not voiced Snake Eyes in the series. Could Snake Eyes regain his voice, or will Park voice him in flashback scenes?
Original Source: GI Joe Renegades Rumor - Ray Park Voices Snake Eyes - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-24-2011, 10:00 PM   #393
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISS Tank boards member The L.O.C. came home today with a unique haul from his local comic shop(lcs): Cobra Civil War Lithograph Gallery. These lithographs are of various covers for the Cobra Civil War #1 books illustrated by Zach Howard.

Now it should be stated, this collection of lithographs is a promotional item only. The manager of the lcs gave this to The L.O.C., wanting the the litho gallery to go to a good home.

Make yourself jealous by checking out the lithos after the jump!
Original Source: Cobra Civil War Lithograph Gallery - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-25-2011, 12:04 PM   #394
ThundeRSS

Quote:
SDCC 2011 and Halloween are just around the corner. If your planning out a G.I. Joe costume for the upcoming season there is no better place to look then Pit Viper Studios

You can view items that are ready to ship on eBay or hit them up on their home page for special requests.

Prop: GI Joe: Cobra Techno Viper Helmet

Prop: GI Joe: Cobra Major Bludd Helmet
Prop: GI Joe: Cobra Major Bludd Arm Prop

Prop: GI Joe: Cobra Crimson Guard fiberglass helmet

Prop: GI Joe Resolute Black & Red Cobra Commander helm

Prop GI Joe: Cobra Destro Wearable Mask

Prop: GI Joe: Cobra Iron Grenadier Destro Mask

Prop: GI Joe: Cobra Trooper Helmet

Prop: M.A.S.K. Miles Mayhem Venom helmet
Original Source: Pit Viper Studios Sponsor Update - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-26-2011, 08:13 AM   #395
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Thanks to HISS Tank.com boards member danielgogeta for posting up an awesome review of the POC Cobra Trooper.

"The Cobra Trooper from the POC line is among the few with articulated wrists, which makes it possible to grip it's weapons with less difficulty."

To view the complete Cobra Trooper review click the discuss button.
Original Source: Pursuit of Cobra: Cobra Trooper Review - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-26-2011, 09:16 AM   #396
ThundeRSS

Quote:
A fan favorite and one of the original ARAH figures not yet updated in the modern body stlye, Sci-Fi is on his way for the GI Joe 30th Anniversary Celebration. In anticipation of this fall release figure we have posted a few images of Sci-Fi to keep everybody informed on the ever growing G.I. Joe Universe.

To view the GI Joe 30th Anniversary Celebration Sci-Fi images click the title bar.
Original Source: Sci-Fi 30th Anniversary GI Joe Celebration - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-27-2011, 07:51 AM   #397
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The new 2011 GI Joe 30th Anniversary Celebration Sky Striker has hit eBay. Seller toby77 has posted the auction stating he won the item at a "Trade Show". At JoeCon 2011 this item was listed for release in the fall. Could we be getting the SkyStriker in late July? Only time will tell......

New 2011 G.I. Joe 30th Celebration Sky Striker

To chime in on the Sky Striker Auction click the discuss button.
Original Source: GI Joe 30th Anniversary Celebration Sky Striker Hits eBay - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-27-2011, 10:21 AM   #398
ThundeRSS

Quote:
NJCC 2011 has just posted up information for Dealers and Exhibitors for the October 9th, 2011 80′s TOYPOCALYPSE!

Do you have a G.I. Joe or 80's Toy collection you want to sell? Looking to trim your collection to make room for the new 30th Anniversary Celebration Toys? NJCC 2011 is the perfect place to set up, sell, and hang out with hundreds of fellow G.I. Joe and 80's Toy Fans.

The dealer room is over 50% sold out so don't wait to book your table! Many more updates to come, Stay Tuned!

Original Source: NJCC 2011 Dealers and Exhibitors Info - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-27-2011, 04:21 PM   #399
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The official confirmation that Dwayne Johnson "The ROCK" will be involved with the GI Joe 2 Movie as a G.I. Joe Team member has come vie his Twitter page. He posted up this image and a tweet. Now who's playing The Baroness?

Quote:
It's official: Call the Pentagon, get me my big ass gun - Rocks a JOE!
Original Source: GI JOE 2 Movie It's Official The Rock Is Cooking - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 06-27-2011, 05:40 PM   #400
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Comic Book Resources interviewed IDW editor Chris Ryall lately, and while discussing former editor Andy Schmidt's work on Transformers Comics and GI Joe Comics. Ryall touched upon the currently ongoing Cobra Civil War:

Right. Speaking to some of the other licenses, another one under Andy’s purview was “G.I. Joe,” which was just recently relaunched into the “Cobra Civil War” arc. How has response been to that?

I think the “Cobra Civil War” thing’s been going over really well. Again, I hate to see Andy go, I liked him personally and professionally, but he left with the books really aimed in some nice directions on both of those titles. “Cobra Civil War” is off to a really good start and I think once fans see who the new Cobra Commander is and where things go from there, it’s sort of a multi-tiered approach to where we want to take “G.I. Joe.” Each time it sort of builds upon what’s gone before and makes it bigger and better, and I think the new Cobra Commander, when that all shakes out, that’s going to be a really exciting thing for people too.

Who will become the new Cobra Commander?
Original Source: Chris Ryall Talks Cobra Civil War - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe