TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 04-28-2012, 07:56 AM   #1
Joe Moore
Administrator
Please use this thread to talk about Thundercats Episode 19: The Pit.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:38 AM   #2
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Wow Lion-O nice way to tip off the Doberman that you're going to attempt to free Pumyra.

Ok the needing the cane, blanket, and button thing was kinda stupid. If he hadn't stolen them he wouldn't have needed them.

Last edited by Balgus82; 04-28-2012 at 08:52 AM..
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:56 AM   #3
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Awesome episode.
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:00 AM   #4
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
Wow Lion-O nice way to tip off the Doberman that you're going to attempt to free Pumyra.

Ok the needing the cane, blanket, and button thing was kinda stupid. If he hadn't stolen them he wouldn't have needed them.
I thought of that too, lol.
I wonder if they're going to make Tookit at recurring character. He can come in handy. I could do without the accent though. LOL.
fuukonomiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:02 AM   #5
Balgus82
Good episode. But I kinda wish they had left out the whole thief thing and focused on Pumyra, the Pit, and Panthro and Dobo's friendship.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:07 AM   #6
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Quote:
Good episode. But I kinda wish they had left out the whole thief thing and focused on Pumyra, the Pit, and Panthro and Dobo's friendship.
Me too. I thought that was a distraction unless they want to introduce Tookit's character and would be recurring.

Pumyra is still a medic, wrapping up Lion-O's arm...I saw no shipping signs...yet...lol!
Old 04-28-2012, 09:08 AM   #7
Captn Cracka
Thunder Kitty
Good episode. I hope seeing Pumyra bandaging up Lion-O's arm is a precursor to her being the medic type like in the OS. The dynamic between Pumyra and Lion-O seemed a bit rushed to me though. From how much she wanted to hurt him and then a few kicks later and she refuses to finish him off, and how quickly the dogs chanted to let them live. Didn't really seem like it was an epic enough battle for a mass reaction like that but I still like the episode. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Captn Cracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:11 AM   #8
Balgus82
They chanted to let them live? I thought they were booing. I'll have to rewatch later.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:12 AM   #9
stormbringer
Great episode. I wonder how the other Thunderians who are enslaved at Plundarr, will respond to Lion-o? Probably not any better than Pumyra did at first.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:13 AM   #10
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
So apparently Lion-O's way of winning this is to copycat what Tygra did a few episodes ago. Let the enemy kick the litter out of his box, except Lion-O was going with until things work out right in their own way.

Last edited by Singe; 04-28-2012 at 09:20 AM..
Singe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:15 AM   #11
Captn Cracka
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
They chanted to let them live? I thought they were booing. I'll have to rewatch later.
Yea i thought they were chanting "let them live" and thats why he ended up saying that they could leave the arena free. I may be wrong because I was doing a few things around the house at that time but thats what i thought was going on.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:15 AM   #12
RedisPower
or SONIC RANGER!!!
Quote:
Me too. For my reason, I missed the first 5 minutes of the episode.
RedisPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:16 AM   #13
Balgus82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singe View Post
So apparently Lion-O's way of winning this is to copycat what Tygra did a few episodes ago. Let the enemy beat the litter out of his box, until things work out right in their own way.
Lion-O wasn't trying to win.

Though I do wonder why, if he didn't intend to fight back, he still kept that axe in his hand for so long.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:19 AM   #14
RedisPower
or SONIC RANGER!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuukonomiko View Post
I thought of that too, lol.
I wonder if they're going to make Tookit at recurring character. He can come in handy. I could do without the accent though. LOL.
I'm sure he'll be back sooner than expected. Besides, he still has Kit and Kat's stuff.
RedisPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:20 AM   #15
Captn Cracka
Thunder Kitty
If they weren't chanting that then it makes even less sense to me why Dobo would let them live
Old 04-28-2012, 09:20 AM   #16
Lord Lion O
Thunder Kitty
After 18 episodes of set-up, all of which were good some great I feel like after today's episode we are finally cooking! Good momentum, here's hoping that CN doesn't screw that momentum up again. I know cats have 9 lives but rarely do tv shows get more than 2 chances. Bandai we could use your help too. Here's hoping that after several months of what has been seemlingly mismanaged coordination efforts on all fronts, we get an strong consolidated intelligent stragic effort. Thundercats HO!
Lord Lion O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:23 AM   #17
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
Me too. I thought that was a distraction unless they want to introduce Tookit's character and would be recurring.

Pumyra is still a medic, wrapping up Lion-O's arm...I saw no shipping signs...yet...lol!
Nah, he's just there to fill out the episode and cut all the drama and violence with humor and slapstick.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:25 AM   #18
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Lion-O wasn't trying to win.

Though I do wonder why, if he didn't intend to fight back, he still kept that axe in his hand for so long.
He could have walked out unarmed instead of with a weapon and shield. Seems the writers didn't want Lion-O to be fighting Pumyra and instead chose the do nothing path as a way out to make her beat him up until she changes.
Singe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #19
Balgus82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captn Cracka View Post
If they weren't chanting that then it makes even less sense to me why Dobo would let them live
Because he found out the real reason Panthro left him.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:45 AM   #20
Huxtable85
Thunder Kitty
Pumyra's got Cheetara all jealous now =)
Huxtable85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:45 AM   #21
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singe View Post
So apparently Lion-O's way of winning this is to copycat what Tygra did a few episodes ago. Let the enemy kick the litter out of his box, except Lion-O was going with until things work out right in their own way.
Tygra was buying time for his allies to pick the locks (a previously established skill), Lion-O was trying to prove a point.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:01 AM   #22
Balgus82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huxtable85 View Post
How so? I didn't see Cheetara being jealous, nor did I see anything for her to be jealous of.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:12 AM   #23
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Cool episode. I have to wonder what was the point of finding that shortcut through the mountains since they ended up in the desert. I guess they just forgot all about the spirit stone being up.
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:14 AM   #24
Huxtable85
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
How so? I didn't see Cheetara being jealous, nor did I see anything for her to be jealous of.
I was being sarcastic based on my predictions of future episodes! Cheetara will find more interest in Lion -O when he's occupied by Pumyra...that's how females operate my friend XD
Old 04-28-2012, 10:19 AM   #25
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Quote:
I was being sarcastic based on my predictions of future episodes! Cheetara will find more interest in Lion -O when he's occupied by Pumyra...that's how females operate my friend XD
Wow, what kind of women are you accustomed to?
Old 04-28-2012, 10:20 AM   #26
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Quote:
that's how females operate my friend XD
Really? Don't put that on half the population just because you know some shady females.
Chique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:24 AM   #27
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Quote:
The soap-operaish fashion stereotype would be my guess. Because if they are for real, I strongly suggest moving out of that circle of acquaintances.
Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:38 AM   #28
Lion-O*
Thunder Kitty
I wonder if Bengali will be in the next episode
Lion-O* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:07 AM   #29
Huxtable85
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Women who act silly just like me...but kinda mature though! @Chique: jealously doesn't discriminate, but I'll be the bigger man here! ;p
Old 04-28-2012, 11:14 AM   #30
AdamofEternia
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
when did that happen?...i must have missed it
AdamofEternia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:16 AM   #31
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Women who act silly just like me...but kinda mature though! @Chique: jealously doesn't discriminate, but I'll be the bigger man here! ;p
What are you talking about? I didn't say women don't get jealous. We are human, and just like men we experience human emotions. The problem with your post is that it basically confirms the whole, "women only want what they can't have, and they'll wreck everyone else's happiness to get it". Also, let toss in the " We're a bunch of indecisive ninnies who don't know what we want".
We've all seen someone get into these kinds of messes, but it's not cool to pin it on women exclusively.

No, the "bigger man" wouldnt have said that misogynistic BS in the first place, but ok

Last edited by Chique; 04-28-2012 at 11:24 AM..
Old 04-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #32
Huxtable85
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
What are you talking about? I didn't say women don't get jealous. We are human, and just like men we experience human emotions. The problem with your post is that it basically confirms the whole, "women only want what they can't have, and they'll wreck everyone else's happiness to get it". Also, let toss in the " We're a bunch of indecisive ninnies who don't know what we want".
We've all seen someone get into these kinds of messes, but it's not cool to pin it on women exclusively.

No, the "bigger man" wouldnt have said that misogynistic BS in the first place, but ok
I didn't mean to offend u or any women! I was just going off my experiences with certain ones comparing it Lion-O/Pumyra and Cheetara, nothing personal! Cool?
Old 04-28-2012, 11:57 AM   #33
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Anyone else like Dobo? I do! But maybe I'm partial to dobermans. My first dog was a doberman.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:12 PM   #34
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Anyone else like Dobo? I do! But maybe I'm partial to dobermans. My first dog was a doberman.
I loved Dobo! Dobermans are some of the sleekest looking animals out there. They're are like the Audi's of dog world.

Pumyra was great ! I think she may have idolized Lion-O a bit, and that added to her frustration. Also seems like she's lost someone important in the aftermath. Get those tissues ready, I think were in for another TCat sob fest ! Lion-O was right, this girl is a piece of work! She was dishing out some good moves, I wonder how she became such a good fighter . Was she training for some sort of military position?

Though, we could have done without the B plot with the twins. Honestly, Tookit was interesting enough to have priority focus. I would have liked it to be another episode.

All in all, I enjoyed myself.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:31 PM   #35
0xhe
The Dark Prince
Lovin' Pumyra.

I don't know if I can resist a Tygra x Pumyra ship. Who else sees similarities between them? Fierce, loyal yet capable of telling their king to ****-off if they think he's wrong.

I'm sorry Cheetara fans, but she just appears bland compared to Pumyra. If we can get the gist of a character's personality in one episode while we struggle to get another's after 19 episodes, don't you guys think the writers have been unfair on her?

PS: Long time TCL/T.ws lurker here. Nice to meet y'll thunderfans.
0xhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:40 PM   #36
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xhe View Post
Lovin' Pumyra.

I don't know if I can resist a Tygra x Pumyra ship. Who else sees similarities between them? Fierce, loyal yet capable of telling their king to ****-off if they think he's wrong.

I'm sorry Cheetara fans, but she just appears bland compared to Pumyra. If we can get the gist of a character's personality in one episode while we struggle to get another's after 19 episodes, don't you guys think the writers have been unfair on her?

It could go that way, or Lion-O could end up with a female version of his brother. Now that,would be something else
Old 04-28-2012, 12:40 PM   #37
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Quote:
Lovin' Pumyra.

Yes they are unfair to Tara. I'm hoping they would develop her character more.

I don't think I can handle a Ty/Myra ship. They might kill each other.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:47 PM   #38
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Quote:
Lovin' Pumyra.

Hummm... does this mean Tygra gets all the girls? What does Lion-O do, then? Pick his nose?
Old 04-28-2012, 12:49 PM   #39
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Hummm... does this mean Tygra gets all the girls? What does Lion-O do, then? Pick his nose?
No. He picks his feet.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #40
0xhe
The Dark Prince
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Like Panthro and the Tank, he can get into a committed relationship with his Sword and Gauntlet
Old 04-28-2012, 12:57 PM   #41
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Quote:
Like Panthro and the Tank, he can get into a committed relationship with his Sword and Gauntlet
There's always hope that there's a bunch of hot chicks up in Mt. Plundarr.

Anyone else like Pumyra's weapons? I love them! Cooler than Panthro's thunderarms...
Old 04-28-2012, 01:03 PM   #42
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Quote:
No. He picks his feet.
I saw that at DeviantArt. TitanBeast's right? LMAO!

Quote:

Anyone else like Pumyra's weapons? I love them! Cooler than Panthro's thunderarms...
Panthro's thunderarms should fire and blow up stuff, not stretch. I still have this bittersweet feeling about the crossbow, you know why It kicks serious butt.

Quote:
Poor Lion-O. And poor Tygra with his ever growing harem!
Old 04-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #43
0xhe
The Dark Prince
Quote:

I still can't come into terms with how she shoots pebbles through it. I can accept it if there was a barrel and some sort of trigger.. but shooting pebbles with a wound string?
Old 04-28-2012, 01:17 PM   #44
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
The new episode introduces a new Thundercat named Pumyra, whom is shown to be a slave gladiator after she was taken from Thundera when the Lizard Army invade it back in the pilot. Pumyra's relationship with Lion-O was off to a rocky start as she blames him for something that wasn't exactly true with the Thunderians' enslavement. The only reason she was able to beat Lion-O was because Lion-O refuses to fight back and it took his getting back up that got through to her. I wish they'd show flashbacks of how Pumyra and the other Thunderians were enslaved instead of flashbacks between Panthro and that dog warrior. The second storyline was seeing the twins' thievery reflecting back at them when they meet Tookit, whose thievery rivals theirs. A good episode that serves as Pumyra's introduction.
vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:19 PM   #45
L08e16o
I thought the episode was too fast.

The kit and kat part was cute, but it didn't need it.

Lion-o has really matured. He was right to try and save her. He is the King.

I think this was the set up for the Cats to save the other cats. I didn't realize it was a mine.

I still can't get past pumyra's hair and voice. Her voice reminds me of the voice of the stronger women in anime.

Like the panthro part.

Can we get some flashbacks of cheetara???
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:23 PM   #46
Epitaph
The Hidden One
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
Great episode. I wonder how the other Thunderians who are enslaved at Plundarr, will respond to Lion-o? Probably not any better than Pumyra did at first.
I was thinking about that. Now, we know that Lion-O will be a good king, has shown so much growth since the first episode. But to the Thundarians, he's still the same almost-kitten with his head in the clouds, chasing legends and stories, showing up late for important ceremonies, and still physically inferior to Tygra. Maybe some of them will have been protected by him in the slums, but that's the best you could hope for.

Tygra did warn him, saying that perhaps he should care about what the citizens of Thundara think of him. As admirable as it is that he's willing to be different from his father and project his own image, he's going to have a hard time shaking that image from his people's minds. It'll be hard to unite the animals when his own people have very little faith in him.

I'd actually really like to see that come to a head a some point, especially if the people still support Tygra as their potential leader. It'd be a nice chance for Tygra to display support for Lion-O, or for Lion-O to win them over.

Sidenote:

Quote:
It could go that way, or Lion-O could end up with a female version of his brother. Now that,would be something else
That is a truly terrifying prospect, no? XD
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:30 PM   #47
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitaph View Post
I was thinking about that. Now, we know that Lion-O will be a good king, has shown so much growth since the first episode. But to the Thundarians, he's still the same almost-kitten with his head in the clouds, chasing legends and stories, showing up late for important ceremonies, and still physically inferior to Tygra. Maybe some of them will have been protected by him in the slums, but that's the best you could hope for.

Tygra did warn him, saying that perhaps he should care about what the citizens of Thundara think of him. As admirable as it is that he's willing to be different from his father and project his own image, he's going to have a hard time shaking that image from his people's minds. It'll be hard to unite the animals when his own people have very little faith in him.

I'd actually really like to see that come to a head a some point, especially if the people still support Tygra as their potential leader. It'd be a nice chance for Tygra to display support for Lion-O, or for Lion-O to win them over.

Sidenote:

That is a truly terrifying prospect, no? XD
Agree. I think the people will not accept him at first. I think how she feels is the same way they feel.

I agree, why would you want to be with someone you don't want to be like. She looks like tygra with her hair too.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:53 PM   #48
L08e16o
Quote:
Lovin' Pumyra.

I couldn't say it better about cheetara myself.

Welcome aboard.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:57 PM   #49
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Another great episode. Pumyra was definitely not what I was expecting, but that was a good thing. I loved the bow she had. Nice reference to Mandora (though I'd love to see Mandora in this show too). With how Pumyra reacted to Lion-O, I'm curious to see how this will develop in future episodes. Should definitely be interesting to see some more Thunderians.

I really liked the sort of Lando-ish way they introduced Dobo. His and Panthro's history was really interesting. When I had read that we would be getting some info on Panthro in this episode, my first thought was that he was prisoner here at some point. Didn't expect that he had made friends with the dog that eventually took over the place. Should be interesting to see if this friendship comes in handy in future episodes.

Mount Plundarr was definitely an interesting way to end the episode. Makes me think that old Mumsy's sword was taken from his ship after the crash. Next week's episode will definitely be interesting.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:03 PM   #50
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
I think what happened with Pumyra will be a foreshadowing of how the other Thunderians will react to Lion-O being the king because only now 7 people know it.

I can see the Sword of Plundarr at the Mt. Plundarr and maybe Mumm-Ra would appear again.
vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote