TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 05-07-2012, 11:36 PM   #1
ThundercatPanthro
Thunder Kitty
With the addition of Pumyra and lurking in the wind is Bengali and Lynx O do you think there will be any new thundercats brought into this series. By the guys I am new to the formus.
ThundercatPanthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:17 PM   #2
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
Lynx-O was seen in the pilot episode, but I can see him being brought back down the line. With Bengali I'm not sure since he wasn't among the cat slaves in The Curse of Ratilla. It's possible the writers might think having two tigers in the team may be a problem.
vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:35 PM   #3
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
I'm thinking they won't show up until at least the next season since we only have 6 episodes left in this one.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:11 AM   #4
satoyama
Thunder Kitty
imho, i don't know about Bengali, but i'm pretty sure that Lynx-O will got his first official appeareance sooner or later...(after that cameo scene in the 1st Episode)

Last edited by satoyama; 05-13-2012 at 11:20 AM..
satoyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #5
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
I'm thinking they won't show up until at least the next season since we only have 6 episodes left in this one.
I am thinking the same thing. I do believe that they will all show though.
adssse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:44 PM   #6
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman77 View Post
Lynx-O was seen in the pilot episode, but I can see him being brought back down the line. With Bengali I'm not sure since he wasn't among the cat slaves in The Curse of Ratilla. It's possible the writers might think having two tigers in the team may be a problem.

Lol, Tygra's ego and jealousy won't allow Bengali in the group.
AnonymousIncognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:20 PM   #7
Burning Bright
Tyger, Tygra
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousIncognito View Post
Something like that might be a good plot point of how to bring Bengali in later.

As in, the reason why we didn't see Bengali in "Native Son" is because the ego of the Tiger clan didn't allow for "imperfect tigers" like the mutation that causes white tigers. Such cases would have been banished from the tribe and had to fend for themselves elsewhere.

Tygra's ego lessened in "Native Son", but it's certainly not gone.That would easily cause problems between him and Bengali as he probably views himself as the last of the tigers. Without knowing the particulars of Tiger clan outcasts, he could easily see Bengali as some kind of pretender who's trying to undermine him with Bengali's own story of where he comes from.
Burning Bright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:44 AM   #8
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
If Tygra were to be turned traitor against Lion-O and the Thundercats and join up with Mumm-Ra like his ancestor Tygus, I can see Lion-O replacing him with Bengali. Cheetara might step down to rebuild the clerics and be replaced with Pumyra. The new line-up would have Lion-O, Panthro, Wilykit, Wilykat, Pumyra, Bengali, Lynx-O, and Snarf for a second season if the show is renewed.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:17 AM   #9
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:
If Tygra were to be turned traitor against Lion-O and the Thundercats and join up with Mumm-Ra like his ancestor Tygus, I can see Lion-O replacing him with Bengali. Cheetara might step down to rebuild the clerics and be replaced with Pumyra. The new line-up would have Lion-O, Panthro, Wilykit, Wilykat, Pumyra, Bengali, Lynx-O, and Snarf for a second season if the show is renewed.
With the way folks like MJ and DN have assassinated the character of Cheetara and turned Tygra into Gary Stu Godfigure, that actually sounds like it could be a better line-up.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:18 PM   #10
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
According to the crew blog, Pumyra will be around for a bit after Forever Bag.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:19 PM   #11
satoyama
Thunder Kitty
@vantheman77..."for a bit?"...damn, i do really hope Pumyra will joined the group permanently...after all, in Bird Of The Blade, she did said to Lion-O "A King that i will follow anywhere"...i thought that was a strong "signal" for her to became part of the main cast...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Bright View Post
Something like that might be a good plot point of how to bring Bengali in later.
hmm, that would be interesting...if that really happened, i'm curious on how Tygra will deal with it...
satoyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:33 AM   #12
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
I thought she'd join the Thundercats too, but she'd rather follow Lion-O than anyone else. Also, I can see her remain on Thundera and help with the rebuilding while Lion-O and the others search for the stones. She may try to search for Lynx-O. This would allow Cheetara to regain emphasis.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:23 PM   #13
dpcphoto
ThunderCats Hooooo!
I just think that there is too much plot going on for a half hour show. Don't get ne wrong though, I still love it, and it works. As far as Bengali and Lynx-O, I bet they show up for season finale. Bengali was always a fan favorite, so not having him in the show would be an awful move. The writers are smarter than that. Also, look at the hammer the blacksmith is using in the last episode it has to be passed on to someone right…
dpcphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:28 PM   #14
dpcphoto
ThunderCats Hooooo!
I also forgot about this image from Dan Norton's deviant art page. The cat gladiator on the left looks like a tiger.

The Gladiators by ~Dingo107 on deviantART
dpcphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:45 PM   #15
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:
According to the crew blog, Pumyra will be around for a bit after Forever Bag.
LOL, "a bit" could mean anything from another episode to twelve more.

At least they'll keep some viewers tuned in to see just how long she stays with them so all-in-all it's a good marketing ploy.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:36 AM   #16
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
LOL, "a bit" could mean anything from another episode to twelve more.

At least they'll keep some viewers tuned in to see just how long she stays with them so all-in-all it's a good marketing ploy.
Probably another episode where she helps with the elixir that would defeat Mumm-Ra.

They should split the Thundercats into groups with one group searching for the stones while the other stay at Thundera to help its rebuilding.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:47 AM   #17
monothingie
Broken Beyond Repair
Quote:
Originally Posted by satoyama View Post
hmm, that would be interesting...if that really happened, i'm curious on how Tygra will deal with it...
Given the events of "Native Son" I would think very warmly. For all Tygra knows he is the last of his kind. But it also depends on how the writers portray Bengali if or when he shows up.
monothingie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:18 PM   #18
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
I would like to see more Thunderians such as Bengali, Jaguara, Torr, Leah, Baron Tass, and Mr. Mr. Grubber.

I discovered that when the creators created the Thundercats, they based them on certain things such as Cheetara equals speed and Panthro equals strength. Tygra is supposed to be based on integrity.