TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 09-04-2011, 11:34 AM   #101
daBlue
Thunder Kitty
another great episode in my book. found a great review @ Thundercats: "Legacy" Review | Things That Dont Suck

When do you think the writer's will incorporate or introduce some more of the cats?

What do you think the effects of the other stones are?
daBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 05:56 PM   #102
GrimlocksPS
Thunder Kitty
The Silverhawks are more likely to be Vulturemans race. I honestly think the Mon*Starr cameo was just a fanservice thing i doubt he'll be an actual character.

Tigersharks were just the name for the shark people, it was a nod to the tv show but honestly other than the name they looked nothing like the OG show. I doubt it'll be developed beyond this namecheck.

If it is cool, but i honestly don't think it will.
GrimlocksPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:43 PM   #103
Wilyjo
Thunder Kitty
That was interesting! I'd love to see toys of these guys, though I'm pretty sure if this does well we'll at least get the armor forms for Mum-Ra and Leo/Lion-O (I say that because those designs seem too good to pass up in toy form)

If Panthera is an ancestor of Panthro then...Oh I chuckle at the family tree possibilities this brings up.

(the Sold-Snake Ancestor I'm going to guess is a different one we'll explore later, then?)
Wilyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:03 PM   #104
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimlocksPS View Post

Tigersharks were just the name for the shark people, it was a nod to the tv show but honestly other than the name they looked nothing like the OG show. I doubt it'll be developed beyond this namecheck.
Nothing? They looked almost exactly like Mako, the leader of the team. The only thing they changed was adding stripes.

And if the silverhawks are anything but cybernetic humans they might as well not include them.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:17 PM   #105
Ratslash
Thunder Kitty
I greatly enjoyed this episode (really, there hasnt been one I didnt like yet). I like the backwardsness of it all, that in the past the cats were technologically advanced, but aren't in the present. The tigersharks looked awesome, and I liked the other animals too. Hope we see more of them in future episodes. One thing I did notice was that the fish pirate guys from the 3rd episode werent shown as slaves on Mumm-Ra's ship, so I guess they are natives of third earth.
Ratslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 04:59 AM   #106
Devinebull1978
Thunder Kitty
This episode was awesome! The plot thickens....I hope that Bandai brings out the supermaxed Mummra and Leo/Lion-o figures in the future...

Anyone else think the episode reminded you of Robotech/Voltron ?

Last edited by Devinebull1978; 09-05-2011 at 05:04 AM..
Devinebull1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:06 AM   #107
Balgus82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devinebull1978 View Post
This episode was awesome! The plot thickens....I hope that Bandai brings out the supermaxed Mummra and Leo/Lion-o figures in the future...
Don't know about Leo, but Mumm-Ra is in the works.

"In addition, there are a few characters like Mumm-Ra’s final form that are so big we will be releasing them in an entirely different scale just so that when placed next to the rest of your 4” collection it all aligns with the figure-to-figure sizing featured in the series. Certainly a challenge but one that the team at Bandai strives to overcome."

Wilykit, WilyKat, and the Storm Charger: An Interview with Brehan Maul on Bandai’s ThunderCats Toys! » MTV Geek

Though I'm sure if the new Mumm-Ra is being made they'll probably make Leo's armor as well.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:18 AM   #108
unicronic
Thunder Kitty
Some questions I have which are more out of intrigue than anything else:

- The Eye of Thundara is the jewel that Leo gets and is from Thundara but any idea where the other jewels came from? What makes them so significant?
- Leo & co free the animals including the Lizards but Slythe and the Lizards are later the grunts of Mumm-ra's army. How did they come full-circle?
- Now the Mumm-ra is jewel-less, is his transformation from dusty to demonic magical or tech-based? Or both?
- How long were the cats and Mumm-ra in league for?
- What was Mumm-ra's end game?
- Where is Mumm-ra originally from if we first see him as a space traveller?

A fantastic episode.
unicronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:25 AM   #109
Devinebull1978
Thunder Kitty
Im going to have to make space on my display case for the supermaxed Mummra figure then if they are making it to scale against the 4'' chers......Im guessing about 20'' chers tall then ?

Anyone geeky enough here to calcucalte/extrapolate the actual size of the supermaxxed Mummra from screenshots?

Fantastic!

Last edited by Devinebull1978; 09-05-2011 at 05:31 AM..
Old 09-05-2011, 06:17 AM   #110
Balgus82
Mumm-Ra was HUGE compared to Leo, at least until Leo armored up. I'd say Leo goes up to about his calf or knee.

Old 09-05-2011, 07:10 AM   #111
Devinebull1978
Thunder Kitty
You'r correct so lets say that if Leo was 4'', can we deduce that we can expect a figure say to reach about hip height of a normal adult male ? 3 foot high or 1 metre ?!

Last edited by Devinebull1978; 09-05-2011 at 07:25 AM..
Old 09-05-2011, 07:59 AM   #112
decepticat
Snarf!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devinebull1978 View Post
You'r correct so lets say that if Leo was 4'', can we deduce that we can expect a figure say to reach about hip height of a normal adult male ? 3 foot high or 1 metre ?!
Because of price point and oost effiectiveness, I would guess the closest to scale we would see is something like the Masterworks figures from Marvel Universe which are 19 inches. For those who don't collect MU, the 4 in. figures come up to knee height of the Masterworks figures so I think that will be what we see.
decepticat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:20 PM   #113
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Finally saw the episode. Though unfortunately my attempt to catch it on tape failed. I was sure I had set everything up correctly, but it's been years since I've set-up a VCR to tape something while I'm away (might help if I read the manual, lol).

Anyways, so much awesomeness in one episode, I doubt I'll remember everything. Definitely going to be an episode I re-watch several times.

Mumm-Ra's armored-form was amazing. Can't wait to see that in toy-form. It's also nice to see how the claw shield becomes a full set of armor for Lion-O later on. Can't wait to see that armor in toy-form too.

The revelation that Mumm-Ra, the cat's, and indeed all the other "animals" were aliens is quite interesting. Should be interesting to see how this might affect modern times.

Leo's girlfriend was a nice surprise. Kind of sad we never did get a name from her. I'm not sure why, but she puts me in the mind of a female version of Panthro's breed.

Jaga's presence in the book of omens is nice. I wonder if this is the only way Lion-O will be able to continue to learn from him, or if he'll ever show-up as a ghost like in the original.

The new show continues to impress. I'm already hyped for the next episode.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 04:21 PM   #114
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
Great episode. It's nice that they integrated the Tigersharks in this episode as well as a little shot of Mon-Starr. I'm glad they are expanding on the story and I thought that the young Lion was Claudus not Leo. I thought Tygrus was Tygra's dad. Then again they've haven't expanded too much on his story.
nitewing73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:06 PM   #115
Thinktank
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitewing73 View Post
I'm glad they are expanding on the story and I thought that the young Lion was Claudus not Leo. I thought Tygrus was Tygra's dad. Then again they've haven't expanded too much on his story.
Mumm-Ra's command ship crash landed on 3rd Earth approximately 5000
years before the fall of the kingdom of Thundera according to the folks
who are helming the new series. So Leo, Tygus, Panthera are the ancient
ancestors of the current crew.
Thinktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:31 AM   #116
NinSage
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
Nothing? They looked almost exactly like Mako, the leader of the team. The only thing they changed was adding stripes.

And if the silverhawks are anything but cybernetic humans they might as well not include them.
Thank you for correcting him. =)
NinSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:46 PM   #117
GK Punk
Your Straight Edge Savior
So I avoided the forums for a bit since I was at an Anime Con for a few days and missed the show last weekend. But I just watched it and holy crap, amazing. I really love the direction this show is going.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:52 PM   #118
PANTHRO HOOO
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
Mumm-Ra was HUGE compared to Leo, at least until Leo armored up. I'd say Leo goes up to about his calf or knee.

Onlybgot to this post so someone might have added this already. Leo is much closer in this shot so the difference is even greater. He is nowhere near as tall as Mumm-Ras calf or knee.
PANTHRO HOOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:57 AM   #119
scarfan
Thunder Kitty
I must say that this was a wonderful episode. I can't wait for more episodes like this.
scarfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:39 PM   #120
Batmanisaninja
Thunder Kitty
I can't wait to see the scaling on the huge mumra. Thanks for emailing the bandai team. Can you share where you found their contact info? Here's what I'm still waiting for.......wait for it.......THE FREAKING THUNDERCATS LOGO ON THE SWORD AND ON THE THUNDERCATS! Come on already. Call them for real, lion-o, and let's get those on the suits. It's on the toys, so....hoooooooooooooooooooo!
Batmanisaninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:13 PM   #121
hdeleon
Thunder Kitty
So I was watching legacy again... so the book of omens is Mumm-ra's ship computer... if you look at this image.. you see the book embedded in the control panel... and i noticed what mumm-ra said the book being his.
hdeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:43 PM   #122
>EXO<
Thunder Kitty
What an epic episode.

The Mumm-Ra/Leo fight started out awesome and kept getting better. And then they fought out in space... it reminded me of the MCQuarrie concept painting of Vader and Luke in space... They went where Star Wars didn't. lol.
Awesome!
>EXO< is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:03 AM   #123
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
Besides Journey To The Tower of Omens, this was among my favorites as we have Lion-O journeying inside the Book of Omens to discover the origins of the Thundercats and the rivalry with Mumm-Ra. Those ancient Thundercats need to brought into the present, especially Leo, Panthera, and Tygus. The armors for both Leo and Mumm-Ra were superb and I have a feeling that the series is building to it. With the Book of Omens in their possession, one quest has ended and another begins.
vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote