TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 06-12-2012, 11:40 AM   #1
test
You don't stand a chance
Ok this seems like the most appropriate place to post this and please forgive me if I sound like a complete idiot...

But i've been thinking a lot lately about the old ljn toys that never made it to production such as red eye , the bubbler , etc etc
and even though they were never produced , the company must have had 1 finished product for the photograph to be taken which they used to advertise these toys that never were.

I know its most likely a complete mystery and very likely that any such products were destroyed by the company but just wondered if there was like a set protocol among toy companies that would have called for them to be destroyed or whether some may have survived in the hands of old ljn employees.....

I dont know why im even asking really because its not like I plan to find them or anything but I guess my mind just gets all curious when im on the topic of LJN's thundercats ...... man I wish I'd been a collector in those days , but I would not even be a year old seeing as I was born in 85 so would be a pretty unusual hobby for a baby lol
test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
monothingie
Broken Beyond Repair
Island of Misfit Toys?

or an incinerator
monothingie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:46 PM   #3
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
A lot of these prototypes, first shots, and hard copies ended up in the hands of ex LJN employees.

As some of them are getting older they seem to be willing to part with them and from time to time you will see them on sale either on eBay or through Hollywood Heroes.

One of the attractive things about the LJN line is its story that is for sure.
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #4
test
You don't stand a chance
I thought the answer may lay with old ljn employees thanks for clearing that up for me .... I think your right on the mark there .... It's such an appealing toyline simply because of the story and mysteries that surround it....
Old 06-15-2012, 07:25 AM   #5
Wilycub
Thunder Kitty
I have seen photograps of unproduced prototypes of Mad Bubbler, Red-Eye, Quickjaw and the Feliner

One of the members here by the name of "Wthompson" is an avid collector of Thundercats prototypes. He mentioned somewhere that he also got most of them from former employees of LJN. If you check out his threads you'll get to see some awesome prototypes and hard copies of TCats figures.

Here is just one of his threads: http://www.thundercats.ws/unproduced...rototype-5057/
Wilycub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:06 PM   #6
test
You don't stand a chance
Cool .... Some great stuff in his collection. Wish my pockets were deep enough to fund some of these. There's been some amazing finds showing up on Hollywood heroes but the site seems a bit disorganised as it gives dates for auctions which as far as I can see have either not happened or just not been updated since.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:39 PM   #7
LiarDice Films
Award winning director
Unproduced and proto from LJN are all over but only in a circle of avid collectors who can afford them. Its nice when they are showcased but i think its wrong some collectors hide them away. As a community we should share photo and stories about them. All but one of my proto unproduced figures is left. The mark up brokers charge is just unrealistic to most people
LiarDice Films is offline   Reply With Quote