TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats News and Rumors

Old 01-30-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
NIBMRatchet
Transformers, Baby!
As most of you know (especially the Transformers Fans) that Toy Fair 2012 UK happened last week. However, only authorized media were allowed to take photographs. One such media organization is ToyNews Magazine. They have shared some images on their Face Book page.

It's not much, but here are the ThunderCats related stuff. Check ‘em out: Toy Fair 2012 | Facebook

For those who do not have access. I mirrored the Images with this Post.

Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ThunderCatsWS (1).jpg
Views:	25
Size:	274.4 KB
ID:	930Click image for larger version

Name:	ThunderCatsWS (3).jpg
Views:	28
Size:	240.3 KB
ID:	932Click image for larger version

Name:	ThunderCatsWS (4).jpg
Views:	26
Size:	273.3 KB
ID:	933Click image for larger version

Name:	ThunderCatsWS (2).jpg
Views:	26
Size:	216.0 KB
ID:	934

Last edited by NIBMRatchet; 01-30-2012 at 10:30 AM..
NIBMRatchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:29 AM   #2
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
so nothing new, but whats up with those clear stylized versions? I have so far only seen 1 stylized pack on ebay, thats it.
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:33 AM   #3
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
This line of chibi-cats is getting interesting. If I'm able to get a Mumm-Ra either on his own, or in a smaller than six pack, I will. He's too hilarious to ignore, lol.

Hopefully they show off at least some of the next waves figures at the New York toy fair. If I'm not mistaken last year's toy fair brought us first looks at most, if not all, of last years products. Would be nice if the same happens this year. I'd love to see who all will be coming along in the Classic line this year, and whether or not the inevitable 6" Modern Panthro v2 will be properly colored.

Last edited by Ravenxl7; 01-30-2012 at 11:52 AM.. Reason: typo
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:50 AM   #4
Joe Moore
Administrator
Thanks for the info and link. Unfortunately, nothing too exciting shown.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #5
eero
"ero" with an extra "e"
Just hoping that they'll show an 8" Cheetara.
eero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:43 PM   #6
Pizza Man Z
Thunder Kitty
I hope we get a glimpse at the new 8 inch and 6 inch line. They finally have these at my Local Walmart and I freaking love the 6 inch figures. Mumm-ra just needs a Cape and Ma-mutt and Lion-o just needs a none yelling face with snarf and I am freaking hooked. Would love for Tigra and Slithe, Pantho and Monkian, Cheetara and Jackalman. I would dump all my other collecting for this 6 inch line. I really hope it takes off.
Pizza Man Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:40 AM   #7
Slithe
Lizard King
At this point it's good to see any update. Things seem slow on the Thundercats front..
Slithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:06 PM   #8
Steelgrave
Ho!
Yeah, this line is going nowhere! Probably won't last another year.
Steelgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:12 PM   #9
Joe Moore
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slithe View Post
At this point it's good to see any update. Things seem slow on the Thundercats front..
Toy Fair is less than a week away. Bandai will be there in full force (as will we). Expect new Thundercats products and toys there.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:48 PM   #10
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
I love how people say the line is going nowhere and is moving slow when it hasn't been more than 2 months since we had previews of new figures.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:30 PM   #11
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Moore View Post
Toy Fair is less than a week away. Bandai will be there in full force (as will we). Expect new Thundercats products and toys there.
Toy Fair shall be epic this year. I feel it in my bones. If it's anything like last year's, there should be enough reveals to keep any Thundercats fan happy (well, most of us anyways).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
I love how people say the line is going nowhere and is moving slow when it hasn't been more than 2 months since we had previews of new figures.
Yeah. Though if you were to compare it to something like Transformers, it would seem kind of slow. All things considered, the line is moving at quite a nice pace.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #12
Joe Moore
Administrator
It's completely unfair to compare this line to something like Transformers. Thundercats was never as popular a brand in the 80's, was off toy shelves for near 30 years, had no marketing, no movie, no tv show...Nothing until this new show came along. And while it is selling relatively well, it's going to be years (an take a monster hit movie) for it to drawing in the same type of cash as a brand like Transformers to justify the constant over saturation of the product with no down time.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #13
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
It's completely unfair to compare this line to something like Transformers.
Wasn't saying it was a fair comparison, just brought it up as I'm sure most of the people saying the Thundercatrs line is moving slowly are using Transformers as their idea of how they think it should be moving along.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:04 PM   #14
Joe Moore
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
Wasn't saying it was a fair comparison, just brought it up as I'm sure most of the people saying the Thundercatrs line is moving slowly are using Transformers as their idea of how they think it should be moving along.
Wasn't directed at you, but at the idea of product saturation to the level of a Transformers (which is how many people are going judge this). It was more of a general statement for people not to panic. Thundercats is essentially starting from scratch in the market and needs to grow over time at its own pace.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #15
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Wasn't directed at you...
Didn't now that, sorry...

Quote:
Thundercats is essentially starting from scratch in the market and needs to grow over time at its own pace.
Exactly. Which is why I'm really hoping that CN doesn't screw over the new show. If the show continues to do well, it'll help the toy-line out a bit. The toy-line continuing to sell well will also help Bandai increase it's presence over time. Would be great to see Thundercats turn into a major presence again, but it's going to take a while for it to build up steam.