TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats News and Rumors

Old 04-05-2012, 06:09 AM   #1
Joe Moore
Administrator
Thundercats Ep 16 The Trials of Lion-O Part 2 Clips and Images
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:24 AM   #2
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
I like what I am seeing so far
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:24 AM   #3
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
I'm thinking there are more to these trials than meets the eye. The description says that Lion-O pleads for life until sunrise, not for himself, but to save his friends. That is the real test, is he willing to put the lives of others before his own?
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:14 AM   #4
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
It seems like the teammates are telling what they feel. Tygra would've never been able to tell lion-o that, he would never listen.

Will we get to see the stone be removed. I hope.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:00 AM   #5
nomad16
Thundarian
I really love the show I think the character development and story growth is just perfect and every episode we get more.
nomad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:03 AM   #6
L08e16o
That would be emotional scene when lion-o helps them and if he fades away at sunrise.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:49 AM   #7
Balgus82
Clips look pretty epic.

Though I don't like how they're starting to put so many spoilers in the plot synopses. What happened to only putting one or two lines up there?
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #8
AdamofEternia
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
That would be emotional scene when lion-o helps them and if he fades away at sunrise.
i agree. it would be very emotional after he saves them and then vanishes in front of them.
AdamofEternia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:42 AM   #9
stormbringer
Sounds like it'll be an interesting episode.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:46 AM   #10
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
Sounds like it'll be an interesting episode.
Looks like Lion-O will loose to Tygra yet again. Darn it. If that's the case then it shows yet again on how Jelenic is really 'in love' with Tygra.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:50 AM   #11
stormbringer
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
Looks like Lion-O will loose to Tygra yet again. Darn it. If that's the case then it shows yet again on how Jelenic is really 'in love' with Tygra.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #12
stormbringer
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
They just needed to change one more thing, the credits roll, puting Tygra and Matthew Mercer on top after Cheetara and that's it. it's Tygra's show now.

Jelenic: "Lion-O pack your bags! and go home!"
Lion-O: "I never wanted to work with you in the first place! Whiskers!, Should have listened to Batman!" Slams the studio Door.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #13
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracer View Post
I like what I am seeing so far
I do too.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:12 PM   #14
L08e16o
Quote:
Since Lion-o loses to Spirit Tygra (guy can't catch a break), I'm going to guess that Lion-o's willingness to return to save the others, is what earns him a second chance at life.
I hope he fades back into the spirit world, then have him come back. We need the drama.

He probably has to believe in himself to beat mummra.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:23 PM   #15
stormbringer
Quote:
I hope he fades back into the spirit world, then have him come back. We need the drama.

That would be a cool scene. I just hope poor Wilykit can take the stress.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #16
L08e16o
Quote:
That would be a cool scene. I just hope poor Wilykit can take the stress.
She will be ok if she see some candy fruit.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:39 PM   #17
stormbringer
Quote:
She will be ok if she see some candy fruit.
Should candy fruit be designated as a highly addictive drug on Third Earth?
Old 04-05-2012, 12:42 PM   #18
AdamofEternia
Thunder Kitty
Quote:

i must say, liono losing to tygra in that trial is a good thing because during their exchange, tygra tells him he even believes that tygra would make for a better king. i really liked what the writers did there by almost telling us that liono subconsciously believes that he's not fit for king. for liono to truly be a great leader/king, he has to break away from his insecurities and conquer his inner demons which is his self doubt.
AdamofEternia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #19
stormbringer
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamofEternia View Post
i must say, liono losing to tygra in that trial is a good thing because during their exchange, tygra tells him he even believes that tygra would make for a better king. i really liked what the writers did there by almost telling us that liono subconsciously believes that he's not fit for king. for liono to truly be a great leader/king, he has to break away from his insecurities and conquer his inner demons which is his self doubt.
So its like a self fulfilling prophecy? Maybe after Lion-o saves them all, he'll finally have some confidence.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #20
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamofEternia View Post
Agreed. The kingship was thrusted on him. He was not ready. I think lion-o would've been ok with tygra being king.

Nothing will ever be easy for lion-o in this show. I believe legacy is the end result, but it will be a tough road for lion-o to get there.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:04 PM   #21
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
If Lion-O can't even beat Tygra in the trials, then he would have failed the trials. We can assume that he has defeated Panthro before this.
vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #22
Joe Moore
Administrator
This thread is about the clips for this weeks show. If people cannot discuss the topic at hand, I will begin removing people from the thread. If people continue to do so afterward, further actions will be taken.

I have removed way too many off topic posts. Keep the thread on topic.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #23
Balgus82
Quote:
Lion-o can't even beat a fake Tygra. His self esteem must be non existant after this.
Weren't you paying attention to the dialogue? Lion-O's self esteem is WHY he can't beat Tygra.

I mean honestly, Lion-O beat the Duelist right? And he was supposedly the best fighter in the land (at least with swords). But he sorta psychs himself out when it comes to Tygra.

Last edited by Balgus82; 04-05-2012 at 01:45 PM..
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:40 PM   #24
merlin
wizard
tygera give key to lion o
mummra 's key - i hope lion o beat mummra
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:16 PM   #25
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin View Post
tygera give key to lion o
mummra 's key - i hope lion o beat mummra
That's kind of brilliant, actually.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #26
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
What will be interesting is to see Lion O in action when he makes his 'last' push against Mumm Ra for his friends. He's 'dead already' so he'd have no fear of failure or death. Warriors without fear of death are the most deadly alive. and Lion O was a force to be reconned with before...
CCDustyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:44 PM   #27
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Mumm-ra's wording is fairly interesting in the 2nd clip. He goes 'the king is dead, the sword will finally be mine' without considering the option that Tygra can be king. Does that mean the sword is only keyed to work properly for lions?
Sining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:04 PM   #28
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sining View Post
Mumm-ra's wording is fairly interesting in the 2nd clip. He goes 'the king is dead, the sword will finally be mine' without considering the option that Tygra can be king. Does that mean the sword is only keyed to work properly for lions?
It means Tygra isn't the king because he wasn't chosen.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #29
stormbringer
Quote:
Well, only Lion-o is the only one who can use sight beyond sight. So Mumm-ra likely knows only Lion-o can use the Swords full power.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:36 AM   #30
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
Without Lion-O, the Sword of Omens can't be used to its full power. I hope Lion-O's life is restored when he saves the Thundercats and get the Sword of Omens back from Mumm-Ra.

Last edited by vantheman77; 04-06-2012 at 12:39 AM..
vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:24 AM   #31
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Quote:
Should candy fruit be designated as a highly addictive drug on Third Earth?
Not the candy fruit: sugar. Third Earth, here, there and everywhere!

Quote:
I think it has to do with the fact that he has the sword in his posession. He could care less about Tygra or anyone else when the Eye of Thundera is hovering over his table/altar/whatever, and he has his own lizard cult priests chanting like it will be so easy to release it from the sword.
Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:18 AM   #32
CreepySariFan
Thunder Kitty
Seeing preview clips up again, along with the merch announcements makes me feel a lot better about the survival of the show.
CreepySariFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:38 AM   #33
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
This is the greatest show ever!!! and i plan on watching it for as long as i can. I own just about every toy of the tcs, a cap. tshirt, wristband, ect. i not yet own the dvd because im hoping and waiting for a bluray release. But if theres no chance on ever putting that on bluray then i guess im better off grabing it on dvd.
But yea, the show has developed some good stories along the way, we've met known and unknown characters, got to see what they were about.
Thundercats is a way of telling us how we feel. how we react to things around us, how others react to what you do/say, and how things will better as things move on.
Its not gonna always be easy and i think that in tcs, we or should i say "the kids"
will feel what they feel in thses characters.
No love lost. I am happy for the way things are going, and hope it keeps going , because i love how these shows end, they end with that impression of omg i wanna see what happens next week. good stuff.
JASONKAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:14 AM   #34
Yardbird
Thunder Kitty
I've been watching the 2011 series on Cartoon Network and find it quite enjoyable. "Trials of Lion-O" Part 2 will no doubt keep me interested in the show.
Yardbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:23 AM   #35
OmenBill
CyberGhost
I do find it interesting that Tigra thought it was too dangerous to jump in and save the recaptured lizards, but is willing to jump in against their greatest and most powerful enemy. Even if he knows it's not a perfect plan. :/

I am interested in how Lion-O does make it back to the land of the living, if he does have more to learn in the spirit world that would be pretty interesting, but I'm pretty sure like everyone else posted that him beating Mumm-ra in this episode is how he proves to the stone that he's ready to live.

Have to wait and see tomorrow!
OmenBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #36
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
The lizards were already freed once and they got caught. They'll just be caught or killed later.

Lion-O loses to Tygra. Damn, even beyond the grave.

The sun down thing, is a throw back to when Mumm-ra went super size and had till sundown to beat the Thundercats.

"Tygra's trial consists of Lion-O taking a major test on how to be king. Meanwhile he gets distracted while Tygra spirit and Cheetara spirit get a little busy."

Last edited by Singe; 04-06-2012 at 03:18 PM..
Singe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:30 PM   #37
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singe View Post
The lizards were already freed once and they got caught. They'll just be caught or killed later.

The sun down thing, is a throw back to when Mumm-ra went super size and had till sundown to beat the Thundercats.

"Tygra's trial consists of Lion-O taking a major test on how to be king. Meanwhile he gets distracted while Tygra spirit and Cheetara spirit get a little busy."
You do know that it's not the real Tygra? It's Lion-O v. Lion-O's subconscious. He lost the trial because he doesn't believe he's the right choice for King. The real Tygra is with the others in Mumm-Ra's lair....
The test was about working through his emotions..Lion-O said so himself.
Chique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:42 PM   #38
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
You do know that it's not the real Tygra? It's Lion-O v. Lion-O's subconscious. He lost the trial because he doesn't believe he's the right choice for King. The real Tygra is with the others in Mumm-Ra's lair....
The test was about working through his emotions..Lion-O said so himself.
I know, Lion-O is still legally dead during the trials until Jaga cuts him a break.
Singe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:17 PM   #39
OmenBill
CyberGhost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singe View Post

Eh to me, that's an assumption, just because it happened once doesn't mean it would happen again. As it was in the episode they escaped again anyway.

Tygra just knows how to ring Lion-O's bell, honestly I'm kinda surprised this was the trial to ring that bell again. I mean it's a nice tribute to the first or second ep, but I thought they would have something a bit more creative to throw at Lion-O, I mean I guess I never thought that race to the bell between those two was such an important event, just another rival race like the cycles and the tank to the village. Though I guess it's because it was in front of alot of the kingdom, so it was the first time in public where he was upstaged by Tygra.
OmenBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:47 AM   #40
Burning Bright
Tyger, Tygra
After watching last week's episode I thought I knew what Tygra's test would be. Looking at the preview clip I was right, but Lion-O failing it is a twist I didn't see coming. I'm still wondering what Panthro's test will be. The "Strength" one from the old series just wouldn't work with this Lion-O and undersells this incarnation of Panthro as well. Oh, well, only a few more hours to find out.

I'm hoping that, starting with this episode or the next, the 4 adult Thundercats will have their full capabilities restored. Losing them for plot conveniences is poor writing, which this show didn't have for the first 13 episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
I mean honestly, Lion-O beat the Duelist right? And he was supposedly the best fighter in the land (at least with swords).
Yeah, that example right there was one of the particularly galling aspects to Lion-O's fight with Slithe in 'New Alliances'. Slithe should have been disarmed in under 15 seconds. In fact, that episode wasn't even consistent with Cheetara, Lion-O, and Tygra's combat capabilities between the beginning of the episode and the end. Inconsistency for plot goals is just amateurishness and/or laziness on the part of the writer. I can understand that they wanted Mumm-Ra's generals to be a more credible threat than the Mutants in the original series, but it could have been done through other means.

I'm hoping that writing will end once the pressures of jamming in Lion-O's new trials is done.

That could be done in episode 16 here if, for instance, Lion-O uses the knowledge that he gained from his trip into the Book of Omens about Mumm-Ra's 'pyramid' being a spaceship (or aspects of how some systems are controlled) to give himself (and the others) an edge in beating Mumm-Ra and getting the sword back.

Time will tell, though.

Quote:
Mumm-Ra had no hand in the creation of the sword, so he may believe that is how it works (keyed on the bloodline of the original wielder), but he really doesn't know (just like he didn't know when he attacked Thundera that he couldn't simply pluck-out the War-stone as soon as he got the sword). Each of the four special stones appears to have some degree of intellect (as demonstrated by the Spirit-stone judging Lion-O worthy of having a shot at a second life), so they could judge on their own whether or not someone is worthy to wield their power.

Mumm-Ra could be grasping on the idea that I just presented about the stones. Since no one else was formally designated as the sword's new recipient before the previous king died, Mumm-Ra could believe that the War-stone will judge him worthy enough since it hasn't been presented with a better candidate.
Burning Bright is offline   Reply With Quote