TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 02-06-2012, 09:19 PM   #1
RichardC
Thunder Kitty
As it says what Do people think We Will See?
Im going to assume we Will See the following
Wave2,the stormcharger,and soon to be deluxe figs
Out of The new stuff to be seen
Possible wAves 3 & 4
The next wave or two of classics,and new style six inch
And probably some more roleplay weapons
And maybe some new vehicles or a playset
RichardC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:18 AM   #2
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Most likely we'll see the majority, if not the entirety of the rest of this year's releases (it's what we got from last year's toy fair). Hopefully that'll mean two waves/sets rather than just one.

As for anything specific, I'm really hoping to see the inevitable Classics Panthro figure. I also wouldn't mind a look at the inevitable 6" modern Panthro v2, which if they finally get the color of his fur correct, will be going on my to-get list.

Some non-figure Classcis items would be great, but I'm not quite counting on any just yet. Vehicles and playsets are rare for 6" scaled figures, but I would absolutely love to see a Thundertank made.

More role-play items are inevitable, and I'd like to see a deluxe set of Panthro's nunchuks.

More Snarf related products would be nice. I doubt it would already be in the works, but a life-sized plush of modern Snarf is something I would buy. Maybe even one of Osbert, but I think that's less likely to happen.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:48 AM   #3
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
I doubt we will see anything. Bandai does not seem all that enthused by this line based on Pixel Day's recent discussion with a Bandai rep. Here is his quote from He-Man.org:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
I have an appointment with Bandai next week at NY Toy Fair to see their new product. here's an interesting note I feel is worth mentioning. When I received the invite from Bandai to set up an appointment, their invitation only hyped showing new product for Ben 10, Power Rangers, and Pocoyo.

When I e-mailed the rep back to schedule my appointment, I asked if they would have any new ThunderCats products on display as well. His response was a simple "Yeah, we should have ThunderCats as well." And then went on to hype Ben 10 and Power Rangers some more.

Now, take from that what you will. I just thought that was odd, and it worried me a little bit. We'll of course know for sure this weekend what Bandai has in store for Thundercats. I just thought their lack of promotion of the brand, and general lack of enthusiasm for it was a bit odd.
Dr Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:04 PM   #4
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Doesn't worry me one bit. If anything, it sounds like they might be worried about how their Ben 10, Power Ranger, and Pocoyo lines are doing. Also, the rep could have been told to keep quiet about Thundercats. We'll have to wait and see, but I can't imagine Bandai not showing anything new at toy fair.

Edit: Just remembered the other thread about this very topic- http://www.thundercats.ws/ny-toy-fair-hope-see-10733/
Old 02-07-2012, 01:44 PM   #5
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
I'm not reading too much into pixel dans quote. Remember thundercats is one of wb's Big projects for 2012 according to their press release. Wb would never let bandai drop the ball with a hot property.

If the line is suffering at all it's cause of crappy ratios (all I see is deluxe crap) and product not being delivered. I've actually witnessed certain pegs be bare since oct (ie:kmart). Alot of stores said it was one shipment and that was it.

I do have good reason to believe toys r us has dropped the line in stores. A few managers have told me that there is nothing scheduled to come in for the cats anywhere in the near future as their spot has vanished off the pegs and the sheleves have 15 tanks at the bottom gathering dust. Again, poor distribution .
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:56 PM   #6
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
seems as though TRU's are getting in the 6" classics, Super deformed, and DLX roleplay stuff as of this week....still no sign up the 4" wave 2 there though.

I am not really worried either. we might only see stuff that has been announced. Toy fair isnt necessarily the end all/be all of toy anouncements. hopefully we will see more Classics, and possibly wave 3 4".
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:06 PM   #7
CrimsonMonkey
Thunder Kitty
I hope to see at least a plan for the classic line. Hopefully will show their commitment.

As for the 4 " wave I'm hoping to see more non-cats.
CrimsonMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:08 PM   #8
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonMonkey View Post
As for the 4 " wave I'm hoping to see more non-cats.
Ditto. we need MORE bad guys!!!!
Old 02-11-2012, 10:28 PM   #9
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Has anyone found any coverage yet?
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:46 PM   #10
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Did a quick google search and didn't find anything.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:10 AM   #11
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
There probably wasn't anything to cover yet. Toy fair technically doesn't start till tomorrow. Mattel didn't, as far as I can tell, have any coverage either. Though I'll be surprised if we don't get anything from either later today.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:20 AM   #12
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Uh, Mattel unveiled a crap ton of stuff, a Snake-Men 2 pack, another crappy ass 30th annivesary figure, Spikor, Frosta, Skeletor's swords from the 2002 series, Poison Ivy, Black Mask, Platinum and Tin, Red Rocket, Mirror Master, TDK Batman, TDK Bane, TDK Catwoman, a CnC Batsignal, and more Young Justice, JLU, and SD DC dudes.

Hasbro unveiled their new stuff on Saturday.

Bandai only unveiled new Ben 10 stuff with some ugly as hell designs.

Sometimes I hate it when I am right.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:36 AM   #13
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Uh, Mattel unveiled a crap ton of stuff...
I didn't say they didn't unveil anything, just that at the time of my post (1:10am Sunday morning) they hadn't received any kind of coverage yet.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #14
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Sorry, I read your post right before I responded. I did not notice it was from yesterday.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #15
TheCopperkid
Thunder Kitty
when are we going to find out new info regarding the 8 inch classics that are to be limited release
TheCopperkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:45 PM   #16
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCopperkid View Post
when are we going to find out new info regarding the 8 inch classics that are to be limited release
We don't know. News from Bandai seems to be rather...random. We could get some news from the next event they're at, or we might get it from an online source at any time. We'll just have to wait and see.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:01 PM   #17
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCopperkid View Post
probably not till comic con.