TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 07-06-2011, 11:40 AM   #51
Ruination04
Ancient Spirit of E-Ville
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
Speaking of Cheetara .... Though I'll probably feel a little awkward buying her, lol.
I won't! LOL
Ruination04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:03 AM   #52
Wthompson
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruination04 View Post
I won't! LOL
Me neither, besides buy her with a bunch other figures and its all good
I went and made a decent custom with a little more modern look to it and it turned out ok. Had actually been working on charaters that did not have a figure. Just completed a Mandora custom and currently working on Whiz-Ra.

I hope they try and add some figures that didn't have a production figure in the LJN line.
Wthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:09 AM   #53
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
I'm just not used to buying female characters, lol. If I can save up and buy both her and whoever is released at the same time as her, or at least some other collector-oriented figure, I'll feel less awkward.

I'm hoping they go and do Mumm-Ra and Slythe within the first couple of waves or so. Would be nice for the first four waves to not be all good guys.

Assuming Mumm-Ra has Ma-Mutt as an accessory, it would be nice to see Snarf as someone else's. Though I'm not sure who.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:29 PM   #54
xander88
Thunder Kitty
I'm hoping they go and do Mumm-Ra and Slythe within the first couple of waves or so. Would be nice for the first four waves to not be all good guys.

Assuming Mumm-Ra has Ma-Mutt as an accessory, it would be nice to see Snarf as someone else's. Though I'm not sure who.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. I am hoping we get bad guys early on and not having to buy Ma-Mutt and Snarf separately would be better. I was also hoping that when they release Panthro, he will come with Wiley-Cat and that Cheetara will come with Wiley-Kit. That probably won't happen but at least if it did we would be able to collect the main characters quicker. They should have had Lion-o come with Snarf.
xander88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:43 PM   #55
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
I'll be surprised if the twins don't end up as a set themselves. They're small, but not small enough to be an addition to one of the other members.

Since they missed the opportunity to release Snarf with Lion-O, I think it would be interesting if they released a pre-aged Lion-O with Snarf and some other accessories.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:06 PM   #56
xander88
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
I'll be surprised if the twins don't end up as a set themselves. They're small, but not small enough to be an addition to one of the other members.

Since they missed the opportunity to release Snarf with Lion-O, I think it would be interesting if they released a pre-aged Lion-O with Snarf and some other accessories.
That would be a good idea but if they didn't want to do young Lion-o I think they should put Snarf in with the twins.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:14 PM   #57
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander88 View Post
That would be a good idea but if they didn't want to do young Lion-o I think they should put Snarf in with the twins.
That'd be another good option for releasing him. Really depends on whether or not they could justify both of the twins, both of their boards, any other accessories they would include with the twins, and Snarf on top of all that released together at the same price as just one of the fully grown characters. We'll just have to wait and see. I just hope they don't miss an opportunity to release Classic versions of Snarf and Ma-Mutt.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:43 PM   #58
dr_slump
Thunder Kitty
Apart from the main heroes and villains, I'd love to see Willa and Mandora.
dr_slump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:10 PM   #59
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
Good call on Will and Mandora. I'd love for them to do Snowman or Hatchiman.
nitewing73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:27 AM   #60
Drake915
Snarf tamer
hi guys....I'm personally waiting for Panthro, which I know will probably get a figure. I really liked the berserkers when I was a kid so it would be nice to have some updates. Looking at them again though, they were really gimmicky so I doubt they would. I do support the notion of having characters who didn't get a figure get one in the classic line though. I have a feeling the classic thundercat figures will sell better than some might think.
Drake915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:21 PM   #61
xander88
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake915 View Post
hi guys....I'm personally waiting for Panthro, which I know will probably get a figure. I really liked the berserkers when I was a kid so it would be nice to have some updates. Looking at them again though, they were really gimmicky so I doubt they would. I do support the notion of having characters who didn't get a figure get one in the classic line though. I have a feeling the classic thundercat figures will sell better than some might think.
I think the classic figures will do well. There seems to be a very high demand for them right now. When I see them showing up on ebay they sell straight away and people are willing to pay more than the retail price for them. One character who I would like to see released in the classic line who's never been released before is Claudus. There is a chance it might happen because he's bound to be released in the 4" scale with him being a more significant character this time around so hopefully we'll get a classic version of him.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:02 PM   #62
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Was thinking about this recently, and decided to come-up with a list of all the characters I'd love to see made in this line at some point:

-Cheetara
-Panthro
-Wilykat
-Wilykit
-Snarf
-Jaga
-Claudus
-Berbil Bill
-Berbil Belle
-Electra
-Mumm-Ra mummy
-Ma-Mutt
-Mumm-Ra the ever-living
-Pumm-Ra
-Slithe
-Monkian
-Jackalman
-Grune
-Ratar-O
-Hammerhand
-Mongor
-Plutar

Yeah...kind of a long list, and I don't expect them all to get made, but it would be great if they did. Also, oddly enough, as much as I like Cheetara and Panthro, I'm looking forward the most to Monkian. Meaning I'll be very sad if he doesn't get made, lol...

Last edited by Ravenxl7; 07-27-2011 at 11:17 PM..
Old 07-28-2011, 07:17 AM   #63
xander88
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Was thinking about this recently, and decided to come-up with a list of all the characters I'd love to see made in this line at some point:

-Cheetara
-Panthro
-Wilykat
-Wilykit
-Snarf
-Jaga
-Claudus
-Berbil Bill
-Berbil Belle
-Electra
-Mumm-Ra mummy
-Ma-Mutt
-Mumm-Ra the ever-living
-Pumm-Ra
-Slithe
-Monkian
-Jackalman
-Grune
-Ratar-O
-Hammerhand
-Mongor
-Plutar

Yeah...kind of a long list, and I don't expect them all to get made, but it would be great if they did. Also, oddly enough, as much as I like Cheetara and Panthro, I'm looking forward the most to Monkian. Meaning I'll be very sad if he doesn't get made, lol...
I like this list. Mine would be pretty much the same. The only characters I would possibly add to it are:

-Vultureman
-Captain Shiner
-Safari Joe
-Hachiman
-Chilla (was never really a fan of the Lunataks but it would be cool to have a female villain)
Old 07-28-2011, 10:07 AM   #64
wesitron
Thunder Kitty
If they get to the twins, I would want their boards to be just boards, no wheels. The on the bottom have a clear plastic ball and socket joint raised maybe two inches off the ground. Give us all the fun tilt action without having to engineer something big and clunky. Plus if it was ball and socket, you'd be able to remove the board without any trouble if you didn't want to display it that way.
wesitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:08 PM   #65
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
I know some are going to call blasphemy on this, but honestly, I would be perfectly fine with the twins not coming with their boards at all. The two of them, a couple of small accessories, and Snarf would make for one good pack, imho, and would probably fit in the same packaging as just one of the others would. I would also hope that any Berbil's we get would come in a 2 or 3-pack (depending on exactly how big they would make them).
Old 07-28-2011, 01:00 PM   #66
wesitron
Thunder Kitty
That's a good idea, but I think the pricing wouldn't balance out. They'd have to sacrifice the amazing articulation of the 8" figures, and I'd rather have articulated good figures with lots of accessories than the same immobile toys I had 20 years ago
Old 07-28-2011, 01:25 PM   #67
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Good point, but I feel their articulation is going to be hindered in-comparison to the others anyways. Mostly due to their size. Either way I'll get them both, so it's a mute point in the end, lol. I just hope they don't miss an opportunity to release Snarf at mass retail.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:45 PM   #68
wesitron
Thunder Kitty
I hope they're not so dumb as to leave out such a unique character. After all, he is still a thundercat.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:36 PM   #69
LionOLordoftheThundercats
Thundercat
I would like to see Cheetara, Wily-Kat, and Wily-Kit.
LionOLordoftheThundercats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:21 AM   #70
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
I know it was mentioned in the interview at SDCC with the creators that maybe they'd throw in Silverhawks or Tigersharks in the cartoon. That would be pretty sweet if they could do the Silverhawks in Classic form.
nitewing73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:00 PM   #71
Cougra
Thunderian Honor Guard
Evil-Chaser Mandora and Chilla would be awesome! Maybe even the old school Thunder Tank. :3
Cougra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:10 PM   #72
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Now that we know we're getting eight figures a year (starting next year of course), here's what I'm hoping for:

2012:
-Panthro
-Cheetara
-Wilykat w/board
-Wilykit w/board
-Jaga
-Mumm-Ra TEL
-Grune
-Slithe

2013:
-Snarf vs. Ma-Mutt
-Ghost Jaga
-Claudus
-Berbil Bill & Bell
-Mumm-Ra mummy
-Monkian
-Jackalman
-Vultureman

2014:
-Lynx-O
-Bengali
-Pumyra
-Mandora
-Berbil Bob & Bert
-Pumm-Ra
-Ratar-O
-Hammerhand

Last edited by Ravenxl7; 08-18-2011 at 09:54 PM..
Old 08-25-2011, 11:58 AM   #73
Ianm1225
Thunder Kitty
I would love to have all of the original LJN figures re-done in the new Classics line. And the following as well provided they can do the Rankin/Bass characters:

Mandora
The Lunataks
Mummrana
Quickpick
Plutar
Willa & Nayda
Demolisher
Claudis & Kano
Snarfer
Turmagar
Mole Master
Tashee
Spidera
Inflamor

I'm sure there are more lol.
Ianm1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:40 PM   #74
Autotrooper
Banned
I would love to get Mumm-ra (ever-living form), Cheetara, and the Wilytwins (maybe for a two-pack?). Emphasis on the twins, due to their toys always sucking.
Autotrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:59 PM   #75
Sesshomaru
Thunder Kitty
I want all of the original characters(heroes and villains) in classics form. Also a 1:1 scale screen accurate original sword of omens will do very nicely and I will pay any amount for it. ANY AMOUNT! You hear me Bandai? ^_^
Sesshomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:38 PM   #76
poisoncow
Thunder Kitty
First post, be kind internet!!

Here's what I'd like. I'm not going crazy and really only want a small cast

-Panthro
-Cheetara
-Kit w/board
-Kat w/board
-Mummra
-MaMutt/Snarf
-Slithe
-Jaga

-Bengali
-Jackalman
-Lynx-o
-Vultureman
-Pumyra
-Mummra (mummy)

And I'd be happy, less they'd be willing to hand me a new Thundertank
poisoncow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:19 PM   #77
Thundercat4Life
Thundercat!!!
ben-gali
Thundercat4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:24 PM   #78
Steevy Maximus
Thunder Kitty
Personally, I'd do unmentionable things to get a dang Silverhawks classics set. I'd buy DOUBLES of everything too.
Steevy Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:41 PM   #79
xander88
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by poisoncow View Post
First post, be kind internet!!

Here's what I'd like. I'm not going crazy and really only want a small cast

-Panthro
-Cheetara
-Kit w/board
-Kat w/board
-Mummra
-MaMutt/Snarf
-Slithe
-Jaga

-Bengali
-Jackalman
-Lynx-o
-Vultureman
-Pumyra
-Mummra (mummy)

And I'd be happy, less they'd be willing to hand me a new Thundertank
This is a good list but I'd have to have Grune, Monkian and Rataro too and then for me it would be the ultimate collection and anything else would be a bonus. I think if they did do any others after all these I would probably start to pick and choose but for a while I think I will be collecting every character as and when they are released. The Thundertank would also be good but I don't really mind either way. A classic sword of omens would be pretty cool with lights and sounds.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:37 AM   #80
poisoncow
Thunder Kitty
Completely forgot Monkian, he should be on my list too.
poisoncow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:25 AM   #81
rchrz60
Lord of My Thundercats
I would love to see all of them eventually. But right now I think the line needs some bad guys. Maybe Mum-Ra or Grune.

I would also like to see them do two styles of Jaga.
1) Classic Jaga before death, with sword of omens
2) Transparent Blue Jaga with Red Thundercats symbol on chest. I'm sure they can pull this off because Star Wars has all the holographic or hologram figures. It would be cool to have both.

I would also like to see some 2-Packs of the smaller Figures
1) Snarf and Maw-Mutt
2) Wylie Kitt and Katt
3) Snarfer and a Burbil

I also got an email direct from a Bandi Rep that stated "if the line is successful there is talk about accessories such as a Thunder tank, Cats lair, and Mum-Ra's tomb."

This would be awesome as the classics figures Rock
rchrz60 is offline   Reply With Quote