TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 04-30-2012, 10:14 AM   #1
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Am I the only one that feels the last several episodes have felt rushed? ImMean, the Trials of Lion-O felt more like the story should have been split among 4 episodes because the trials moved by way too quickly and his whole giving up his soul was too convenient and too simple.

Then the ones with Tygra's race felt too easy. "You forgive us so now we are free, yay!!" This should have been a two parter.

The one with Kit and Kat served no purpose.

Then The Pit was just way too quick. They should have cut out the Kit and Kat subplot and just had the entire episode focusing on Lion-O and Pumyra.

I am so sick of these shows rushing through plot points just because they are too lazy to make mulitparters since they seem to think kids have too much ADD and cannot sit through a multiple episodes of one storyline. Kids today can sit through DBZ, so they can sit through ANYTHING!!!!
Dr Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:08 AM   #2
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
I have always felt the episodes are rushed....but then again, how much can they really pack into a 22 min. episode? If they were hour long eps. it would be awesome to see more of a detailed story.
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:23 AM   #3
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
The Trials were definitely rushed. They could have made an episode per trial that Lion-O had to face, much like in the OS. By only doing two episodes we ended up with some silly trials like the Trial of Strength (if you can even call it that) against Panthro.

I did not feel Native Son nor Survival of the Fittest were rushed at all however. I actually feel these two have been the strongest episodes since the trials thus far.

The Pit though did feel rushed to me, mainly because the twins side story ate up a lot of precious time that should have been used strictly for Pumyras story.

I feel the episodes pack the most punch when they focus on just one story as opposed to dividing it up into two's or three's.
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:16 PM   #4
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
See, Native Son just felt too easy. It should have ended with Tygra promising to find a way to reverse the curse instead of it just ending because he forgave them. I mean, that does not make any sense. If I forgive <insert name>, is the economy going to be automatically fixed? No. It just does not work because it felt like they had no idea how to deal with the concept and copped out in the end.
Dr Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:21 PM   #5
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
The Pit should have focused on Lion and Pumyra a lot more instead of having Panthro/ Dobo's backstory and the twins' side story.
vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:05 PM   #6
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Son of a Cat, the twins get their own episode. The twins could have run off and then the show could wait until their episode to show what they did.

If the twin part was taken out, we could have had all 4 of them taking up fights in the Pit to free Pumyra or something.
Singe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:14 PM   #7
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
I agree in that I felt the Trials of Lion-O should have been 4 parts. I enjoyed the episode that focused on the twins and their family. It's also good to know that their mom and siblings are still around. Since it looks like an upcoming episode will focus on the twins in the city there really was no need for them to be in The Pit episode. That episode could just focus on Pumyra, Lion-O and the other cats.
nitewing73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:42 AM   #8
SPINMASTER X
Chameleon Souljah
You definitely aren't alone. True all of the episodes are quick BUT the last few deal with subject matter that you just can't rush. They leave me wanting more but I know that I won't get more and it's kinda frustrating.

I feel like I'm gonna need a made for TV movie or something to fulfill my thundercats needs.
SPINMASTER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:45 PM   #9
Kutoal
Thunder Kitty
dunno if it makes me sick, it is clear to us, we the oldschool fans, we could watch episodes of 3hrs of duration (LotRstyle)so if that the story rushed, what matters is the journey!
Kutoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:26 AM   #10
AnonymousIncognito
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPINMASTER X View Post
You definitely aren't alone. True all of the episodes are quick BUT the last few deal with subject matter that you just can't rush. They leave me wanting more but I know that I won't get more and it's kinda frustrating.

I feel like I'm gonna need a made for TV movie or something to fulfill my thundercats needs.

Gotta agree. Ever since Into the Astral Plain, it seems as if the crew is just throwing things together without thinking or planning ahead.
AnonymousIncognito is offline   Reply With Quote