TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats News and Rumors

Old 07-13-2012, 08:08 AM   #1
Joe Moore
Administrator
SDCC 12 - Thundercats Minimates Photo Gallery
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #2
metalalchemist
Thunder Kitty
I want these!!! No one selling them?
metalalchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:27 AM   #3
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Where are these being sold after Con?
Lody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #4
Joe Moore
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lody View Post
Where are these being sold after Con?
AFX will likely be selling leftovers on their website post SDCC. Other sites like BBTS will likely have them, but at a bit of a markup since they will likely be buying them at full (or near full) retail price from AFX.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #5
Covenant
Thunder Kitty
There's more detail in these mini block figures than in Bandai's 8" Collector Series.
Covenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:39 AM   #6
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
Very cool. If I'm going to have to face the lack of Bandai product, at least these images cheered me up a little...
Cat's Pajamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:58 PM   #7
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
I would be in for a set, but only if they come fairly cheap
adssse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:35 PM   #8
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
According to the Minimates panel at SDCC
Quote:
The plan for Thundercats is to keep doing 4 packs. The next 1 or 2 sets of Thundercats will be at NYCC from AFX
So looks like will be getting a whole lot more Thundercats mini mates! Awesome!

On a side note: With the exception of the SDCC Lion-O, I think I am far more excited for these and the news that they will be doing more OS characters then anything Bandai released. Sad but true.
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:49 PM   #9
test
You don't stand a chance
Personally I think they look like shit and would rather someone give us a decent line of real figures like the transformers masterpiece range .... That would be awesome. I know we have mezco but its just the time it takes to wait for each one that bugs me.
test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:21 PM   #10
xander88
Thunder Kitty
I don't like these at all but part of me wants them just to get the characters. Some more proper figures in 6" scale would have been nice. It hasn't taken long for numerous characters to be announced for these minimates. This is what it should have been like with the classic figures. I can't believe that Thundercats fans may have to resort to buying these just to get characters they wanted in some form, rather than being able to get proper action figures. People who support this franchise have been ridiculously messed around and let down when all we really wanted was lots of modern and classic figures in one scale which included everybody's favourite characters. Whatever happened to releasing action figures in larger waves? We already have more characters in the form of minimates than we do in actual figure form.
xander88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:05 PM   #11
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander88 View Post
I don't like these at all but part of me wants them just to get the characters. Some more proper figures in 6" scale would have been nice. It hasn't taken long for numerous characters to be announced for these minimates. This is what it should have been like with the classic figures. I can't believe that Thundercats fans may have to resort to buying these just to get characters they wanted in some form, rather than being able to get proper action figures. People who support this franchise have been ridiculously messed around and let down when all we really wanted was lots of modern and classic figures in one scale which included everybody's favourite characters. Whatever happened to releasing action figures in larger waves? We already have more characters in the form of minimates than we do in actual figure form.
In Bandai's defense, they did release action figures in large waves, it's just that it was the same figure (Lion-O) in 5 different variations. Too many happy meal toys man.

You know hindsight its always 20/20 but looking at what a failure the NS and Bandai toys have been commercially, WB probably would have had much larger success by having released the OS DVD sets along side the announcement of all new classic figures. There are so many great characters from the OS (Mandora, Willa) that never got made during the LJN line and WB could have capitalized on it.

There is a reason why the guys making new Thundercats stuff base it all off the OS and not the NS. Just saying.
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote