TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats News and Rumors

Old 04-04-2012, 01:26 AM   #1
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Mostly aimed at the kiddies, it comes in a regular version and a deluxe muscle version. Nothing yet on new role play weapons.

We are getting Lion-O, Mumm-Ra, Tygra and Panthro. Get ready to be called a HO! by some kids this halloween at your door!

http://www.amazon.com/ThunderCats-An...520677&sr=8-22

Staff Edit:
Links to all costumes and available images.
New Thundercats Halloween Costumes
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:47 AM   #2
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Hmmm, no costumes for the girls? I was thinking about dressing my daughter as a Thundercat for Halloween, but I guess I will have to keep looking.
adssse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #3
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
I have two girls to dress up and I could really benefit from buying the costumes instead of making them myself. If you find anything for girls (Cheetara + Wilikit) please let me know. My deadline is July, because with the little spare time I've got that's when I'll have to get started if they are to be Thundercats come Halloween.

Lion-O's mask looks too good.
Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #4
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
The deluxe Lion-O costume is pretty good looking. Too bad there aren't pictures of the others though. I've already shown my nephew almost half of the original show, and I've been slowly introducing him to the new one, so this'll be the perfect year for one of these costumes. He loves yelling Thundercats Hoo!, and has even started mimicking the sight-beyond-sight stance. Would be great to see him dressed up as Lion-O this year. Though I have the feeling that once he see's the Mumm-Ra costume, he'll only have eyes for it, lol.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:57 AM   #5
Joe Moore
Administrator
Links to all costumes and available images.
New Thundercats Halloween Costumes
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #6
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
so they have costumes from the new show. On yeah it's getting canceled alright. Makes all the sense in the world to have costumes for October when the show's getting canceled this summer.

oh...wait.....

no it doesn't
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:31 PM   #7
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
so they have costumes from the new show. On yeah it's getting canceled alright. Makes all the sense in the world to have costumes for October when the show's getting canceled this summer.

oh...wait.....

no it doesn't
Sadly costumes would have been had to be designed months ago to get to this production stage. It means nothing thus far bro. Like WWE toys that come out a year after the wrestler is fired, its still under a figure/play licence that needs to be released. But the show will probably continue, the toys however probably wont.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:05 PM   #8
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post

oh...wait.....

no it doesn't
While I can appreciate your desire for the show to continue, Kregermeister is right; these costumes being released don't really mean anything when it comes to the future of the show.

For example I could just as easily say that having heard speculation of the show being cancelled they opted to push these costumes out 6 months before October, to try and cash in on what they can.

We just have to wait and see what happens with our favorite franchise.

Back on topic: I think they look pretty cool but I wish they would have just made the deluxe costumes the ONLY costume. I can see some poor kid with the "value" costume being teased by the kid with the deluxe version.

As far as the two classic masks (Lion-O and Panthro) I don't like the Lion-O mask at all. Like they tried way to hard. The Panthro one looks alright though.
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:06 PM   #9
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexofThundera View Post
Kregermeister is right
Thank you. Most people around here are very glass half full kinda guys, I respect that, but as a realist people need to look at how companys work, not base decisions on personal hope. If the show WAS canned, they would still release the costumes in hopes of making back said investment costs.

Now back to the costumes.....

There are 2 different adult styles you NEED to be aware of before ordering.

2 different Panthro, Lion-O and Mumm-Ra's for men. WB style and Party store style. The party store style is over sculpted and inaccurate in multiple spots (you may notice at times Mumm-Ra looks more like a monkey or Lion-'s mouth is open... thats Party store versions.)

The WB masks are fantastic, I sold mine off but kept the Mumm-Ra. Really if your going for detail and higher quallity the WB masks are where its at.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:42 AM   #10
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
It's good to see costumes and masks based on the new Thundercats. It's a throwback to the Ben Cooper Halloween Costumes and Masks of the 80's.
vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote