TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 06-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #1
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
The Status Of The ThunderCats Line - Thundercats - ToyNewsI.com
Ever since Toy Fair in February when Bandai failed to show any new ThunderCats product for the rest of 2012, there has been a question about what the future holds for the line. As of late, a number of rumors have been popping up around the net about Bandai losing the license and how other companies like Hasbro or Mattel are looking to pick it up.

We decided to go to Bandai and find out if there is any truth to these rumors. According to them, there is not. They tell us that they are still the master toy licensee for ThunderCats. The Spring 2012 product line has rolled out here in the US and their product line is not canceled, as they are currently rolling out ThunderCats product globally in conjunction with the TV show being airing internationally.

So there you have it. As for when we might get word of new products for us in the US, that still remains somewhat a mystery as well as the status of the show on Cartoon Network. For now though, it would seem unlikely any other toy company will be getting their hands on this license any time soon.
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:07 PM   #2
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Not to be a negative nancy, but I'll believe it when I see it. I still haven't seen the majority of their "spring line" at retail (only the AoO, 6" Classics, and Deluxe claw shield). At this rate, assuming they actually do have any future plans for the line, they're probably waiting till SDCC to show any of it (eight months after their last toy reveals).

I guess I'll take a wait-and-see viewpoint from here on out. Honestly, it's been rather difficult to remain optimistic with no significant signs that Bandai really has any interest in the property anymore. Their next reveal will have to be rather impressive to get the fan-base's attention again...
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:07 PM   #3
krazycp
Thunder Kitty
This is good, but still not sure if we get a Wave 3 of the toys. However, it sounds like if we get a season 2 of the show we will get a Wave 3.

Since only 2 episodes remain, I expect they will make a decision soon to renew the show.
krazycp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:50 AM   #4
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Except Wave 2 came out back in Feb. This is June. A toyline needs to have new toys every quarter in order to stay fresh, and the fact we have seen nothing new states opposite from this.
Dr Kain is offline   Reply With Quote