TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats News and Rumors

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 09:25 AM   #351
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Yeah, I don't have cable anymore either. I either stream things on Netflix, Hulu, or just download them from the bay and if they are good enough (and complete, meaning has an ending), I will buy it when it comes out to Blu-Ray.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:40 AM   #352
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexofThundera View Post
This was yet another WB blunder with Thundercats. By only releasing the series in DVD they missed out on a lot of profit. A Blu release, with 5.1 Dolby or DTS would have been phenomenal. The NS art is top notch and putting it solely on DVD is just doing it a disservice.

And your right. When people can go online and download the series in HD, why would they downgrade to DVD quality? This is where Blu Ray would have been the answer.
You're right!

They need something different that fans couldn't get from just downloading from anime sites.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:12 PM   #353
dragon818
Thunder Kitty
No Bandai Thundercats toys at SDCC and WB is not confirming if the show is cancelled or not.
No Bandai ThunderCats Exclusive For SDCC - Thundercats - ToyNewsI.com
Old 06-21-2012, 02:24 PM   #354
Balgus82
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon818 View Post
No Bandai Thundercats toys at SDCC and WB is not confirming if the show is cancelled or not.
No Bandai ThunderCats Exclusive For SDCC - Thundercats - ToyNewsI.com
That says no SDCC exclusive toys. It doesn't say they won't have any TCats toys at all.

Just means they won't have any figures like that SDCC Lion-O that had the crappy paint job last year.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:57 PM   #355
eero
"ero" with an extra "e"
Or an 8" Cheetara ...
Old 06-22-2012, 11:00 AM   #356
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
If it's DVD sales that matter, then I have done my part to save the series - also buying the three 6-inch toys released so far (still waiting for Tygra...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lioconvoy View Post
BB: I'm not sure how bad it was back in Beast Wars' premier, as I didn't have the internet at the time. Though, I hear it was pretty bad. And yes, I'm from the Allspark. Chances are, if you see a "LioConvoy" on-line somewhere, it's me. :P
Oh, good to know! "There can be only one!" Just thought I'd ask, as I go by simply "Shockwave" on most boards where there isn't a Shockwave yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
And we know MJ is against BM/WW.

Thanks.

At least they listen to their fans and share information with their fans. TCrew doesn't say anything, if they do it is a tease to keep people watching the show.
How is that even relevant, considering Jelenic never was involved with JLU EVER? Brave and the Bold does not take place in the same continuity as JLU or prior DCAU shows - DCAU ended with JLU (sadly...)

Or it's simply your compulsion that you have to say something bad about Jelenic in every second post of yours? I noticed...

Last edited by BB Shockwave; 06-22-2012 at 11:14 AM..
Old 06-22-2012, 11:25 AM   #357
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
I guess if there is NO presence at all at SDCC it pretty much confirms the worst, at least unless it does gangbusters over seas.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:30 AM   #358
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
As per a member on HeMan.org who has a retail license, it appears Bandai pulled back shipments of Wave 2 meant for US distributors in order to create supply for the international market. I am hoping that doesn't mean Bandai is just shipping that stuff and not creating more as that would just create the same problem over seas that we had here; not enough inventory.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:41 PM   #359
Mongor
You got red on you.
Quote:
As per a member on HeMan.org who has a retail license, it appears Bandai pulled back shipments of Wave 2 meant for US distributors in order to create supply for the international market. I am hoping that doesn't mean Bandai is just shipping that stuff and not creating more as that would just create the same problem over seas that we had here; not enough inventory.
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what they're doing. Mark Vasquez at Fantastic Plastic Toys had all his cases of Tygra and Slithe cancelled.
Bandai and CN truly belong together. Both are clueless.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:46 PM   #360
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
If it's DVD sales that matter, then I have done my part to save the series - also buying the three 6-inch toys released so far (still waiting for Tygra...)

Oh, good to know! "There can be only one!" Just thought I'd ask, as I go by simply "Shockwave" on most boards where there isn't a Shockwave yet.

How is that even relevant, considering Jelenic never was involved with JLU EVER? Brave and the Bold does not take place in the same continuity as JLU or prior DCAU shows - DCAU ended with JLU (sadly...)

Or it's simply your compulsion that you have to say something bad about Jelenic in every second post of yours? I noticed...
Lets see, JL came out before BM brave and bold and WW 09. I think there is a common theme in MJ's shows of BM brave and bold and WW, Steve Trevor and WW. JL had a established ship of BM/WW (popular), but he has to do it his own way. Just like TCats.

You notice cause you like to go around and tell on people, how many people did you get banned? I think 3 right. I bet you wouldn't act like that in person.

Last edited by L08e16o; 06-22-2012 at 03:53 PM..
Old 06-22-2012, 05:49 PM   #361
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
In BM brave and the bold MJ made WW "gaga" over Trevor without any "good" reason and made bats "jealous" with it. BM/WW is popular like I said in many-many previous posts. BB and Timm's DCAU are different universes but using "same" characters. MJ likes to make the "popular" ships "sinking".

Last edited by cmangund; 06-22-2012 at 06:03 PM..
Old 06-22-2012, 07:57 PM   #362
Balgus82
Quote:
You notice cause you like to go around and tell on people, how many people did you get banned? I think 3 right. I bet you wouldn't act like that in person.
A couple of those people were the same person. And if they didn't do anything wrong they wouldn't have been banned no matter who had told. They got themselves banned.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:58 PM   #363
Balgus82
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
In BM brave and the bold MJ made WW "gaga" over Trevor without any "good" reason and made bats "jealous" with it. BM/WW is popular like I said in many-many previous posts. BB and Timm's DCAU are different universes but using "same" characters. MJ likes to make the "popular" ships "sinking".

Steve Trevor has been the primary love interest for Wonder Woman for decades. Since the 40s in fact. If you want to complain about people pairing up couples that weren't in previous iterations start with your precious BM/WW pairing.

Last edited by Balgus82; 06-22-2012 at 08:02 PM..
Old 06-22-2012, 08:06 PM   #364
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
Steve Trevor has been the primary love interest for Wonder Woman for decades. Since the 40s in fact. If you want to complain about people pairing up couples that weren't in previous iterations start with your precious BM/WW pairing.
Steve Trevor also hasn't even been a afterthought as a romantic intrest for Wonder Woman since the 80's. she's had other off and on romances with forgetable characters, but Batman has been the highest note romance for her in a LONG time.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:11 PM   #365
Balgus82
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDustyV View Post
Steve Trevor also hasn't even been a afterthought as a romantic intrest for Wonder Woman since the 80's. she's had other off and on romances with forgetable characters, but Batman has been the highest note romance for her in a LONG time.
I'm just saying he's not just some random guy they put her with to make Batman Jealous. She's had a long history with ST.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:17 PM   #366
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
I'm just saying he's not just some random guy they put her with to make Batman Jealous. She's had a long history with ST.
multiple histories actually, and not a one of them ended very well... hense why I wence when I see him show up... same as Gwen Stacy, characters with very bad luck they are
Old 06-22-2012, 09:00 PM   #367
cmangund
Ah the same old same old WW/ST and WW/BM "arguments "again.
Same like BM/WW and BM/CW and WW/SM "arguments"
I have seen it all.

MJ likes to "kill" "famous" ships, in TCATS Tygra also not some random guy
MJ put in, T/C also had the blasted comics thing, but it's not "famous", while L/C is "famous".

Grant Morrison the famed BM writer on BM/WW thing (at 3:29) and other things:

Last edited by cmangund; 06-22-2012 at 09:36 PM..
Old 06-22-2012, 10:03 PM   #368
cmangund
Quote:
multiple histories actually, and not a one of them ended very well... hense why I wence when I see him show up... same as Gwen Stacy, characters with very bad luck they are
Gwen is Spidey's LI in the new movie. I think the Spidey/Gwen ship in the new movie will be good.

Last edited by cmangund; 06-22-2012 at 10:25 PM..
Old 06-22-2012, 10:13 PM   #369
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Gwen will be Spidey's LI in the new movie. I think the Spidey/Gwen ship in the new movie will be good.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:23 PM   #370
cmangund
Quote:
agreed, Gwen/Peter was great, till GG tossed her off that bridge...
I haven't watched the new movie. How's the story and characterization as a whole? was it out?

Last edited by cmangund; 06-23-2012 at 01:42 AM..
Old 06-22-2012, 10:30 PM   #371
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Lets be honest, while the show and various writers have teased BM/WW, that ship is not as famous as Batman/Catwoman or even Batman/Talia.

If we're going to talk about pissed off fans, we're you into DC comics when Blackest Night Wonder Woman # 2 hit the stands? Most of the reaction to that book was negative. Hell fans in a forum I used to frequent were sending Nicola Scott ripped up defaced pictures of this
Old 06-22-2012, 10:37 PM   #372
cmangund
Because BM/CW and BM/Talia were there long before BM/WW made it into Timm's cartoons that made it famous (especially since nowdays more people watching Timm's cartoons rather than reading comics, DC did reboots one proof of the comic industry dying beaten by manga and japan comic stuff in sales drastically). Timm also already did BM/Talia and BM/CW, BM/Andrea, BM/Zattana, etc.
I also liked the BM/CW ship but Timm and Co. made me a BM/WW fan and the fact that the late Mcduffie said it himself about BM/WW's future in Timm's DCAU and "proper" reasoning (similair to what Grant Morrison said in the video)with it (not like MJ's thing)I am fully onboard the BM/WW ship . Though DC already did BM/WW in the 80s too and the old comic did well with the fans and sales wise.

Matt Wagner's Trinity (reprinted with hard covers ranked 25 "Greatest Batman Graphic Novels" by IGN), JLA: The obsidian Age by Joe Kelly(reprinted with special edition thing with Kelly's interviews and sketches),Superman/Batman Generations by John Byrne,

Gods Of Gotham"by Phil Jimenez and George Pérez, Wonder Woman: The Hiketeia by Greg Rucka (Comics Worth Reading considered it to be "one of the best Wonder Woman story"),etc
these five and other series with BM/WW did well with many fans liking it. The blackest night thing mainly because the story was not "properly" done. It's like "out of the blue" in a way like MJ's T/C (though MJ's T/C was done even worse IMO)if you didn't pay any attention to BM/WW's previous interactions scattered around in different comics. On another thing, BM/CW fans not "happy" with what DC did to the BM/CW ship not so long ago, they were "pissed off" by it. How well they did the story will also help determine how the performance of the book will be no matter what ships in it and In the end how famous it is all depends on how you see it, in comics world, in TV world, etc. Since these kind of things will keep on changing. But the fact remains many "high profile" writers like the BM/WW ship and it's been around for many years too(Another proof of many BM/WW fans, without them DC will not continue doing BM/WW from time to time in the comics and they will not allow it in Timm's DCAU JL, since partly again TV audience numbers also much greater than the ones reading comics). In the comics all BM ships are practically going "nowhere" they will keep on having stories with it, with Timm and co. that's a different story, they the ones really "locking" the finale of all BM ships, the Amazon Princess as Mcduffie put it. And Timm said many fans asked for BM/WW too as he said it himself "Fans went nuts with BM/WW" since it's inline with his plans, he added even more BM/WW in the cartoon. Also the group of fans reading the comics and watching the cartoons were mostly different groups entirely. The ones watching the cartoon mostly did not know what's happening in the comics. Chique, You said you always wanted to keep it on topic.(EVIL grin) Now you are doing more off topic thing with your post on 06-22-2012, 10:30 PM .(EVIL grin)

Last edited by cmangund; 06-24-2012 at 10:53 PM..
Old 06-22-2012, 10:38 PM   #373
stormbringer
Quote:
Don't forget about Marvels brilliant idea of having Gwen give birth to Norman Osborn's twins. That was Mumm-ra/Pumyra level twisted.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:40 PM   #374
stormbringer
Quote:
Because BM/CW and BM/Talia were there before BM/WW made it into Timm's cartoons that made it famous. Though DC already did BM/WW in the 80s too

And this getting a little off the TCATS topic, You said you always wanted to keep it on topic. Now you are doing more off topic thing.
I thought all threads went off topic after awhile. Or maybe its just the ones I'm in.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:51 PM   #375
cmangund
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
I thought all threads went off topic after awhile. Or maybe its just the ones I'm in.
Off topic for awhile is fine, but if this continues it will be like the old SM/WW and BM/WW "wars" again but with no Timm this time.

Old 06-23-2012, 01:03 AM   #376
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Gwen is Spidey's LI in the new movie. I think the Spidey/Gwen ship in the new movie will be good.
At least until she's killed off...because apparently in ALL universes, peter parker must end up with MJ...for some reason.....

Quote:
And before she got pregnant with GGs twins...which was wtf
Old 06-23-2012, 01:15 AM   #377
cmangund
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sining View Post
At least until she's killed off...because apparently in ALL universes, peter parker must end up with MJ...for some reason.....
Darn. At least they shouldn't kill her in the movie.

Old 06-23-2012, 01:29 AM   #378
Sining
Thunder Kitty
I prefer black cat myself
Old 06-23-2012, 01:31 AM   #379
cmangund
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sining View Post
I prefer black cat myself
They should make three different spideys in three different universes with each spidey has different LIs.

Old 06-23-2012, 06:13 AM   #380
GK Punk
Your Straight Edge Savior
I could swear I just entered a thread about Thundercats, and yet all I see is people talking about shipping Batman and Wonder Woman...
Old 06-23-2012, 06:22 AM   #381
cmangund
and Spidey/Black Cat, Spidey/Gwen too

Old 06-23-2012, 06:51 AM   #382
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
What's the line from Mallrats...?

"I think you need to get your friend some help. He seems to be obsessed with super hero sex organs."

Old 06-23-2012, 07:05 AM   #383
cmangund
Quote:
If you want to complain about people pairing up couples that weren't in previous iterations start with your precious BM/WW pairing.
BM/WW in the 80's (a previous iterations) from my scanned olde comic collection:

Last edited by cmangund; 06-23-2012 at 07:38 AM..
Old 06-23-2012, 08:18 AM   #384
TIGER007
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
..BET ya ,CANADA get`s this wave...We(CANUCKS) seem to get the odd release that skips the US when shows are cancelled!!
Old 06-23-2012, 08:38 AM   #385
MegaGearX
Thunder Kitty
Well, CN actually has Ninjago on instead of ThunderCats. No reruns for us so they can keep any interest going. They probably couldn't wait to get that show off the air.

Young Justice and Green Lantern still aired.

Last edited by MegaGearX; 06-23-2012 at 09:36 AM..
Old 06-23-2012, 09:46 AM   #386
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
Lets be honest, while the show and various writers have teased BM/WW, that ship is not as famous as Batman/Catwoman or even Batman/Talia.

If we're going to talk about pissed off fans, we're you into DC comics when Blackest Night Wonder Woman # 2 hit the stands? Most of the reaction to that book was negative. Hell fans in a forum I used to frequent were sending Nicola Scott ripped up defaced pictures of this
I grew up with BM/CW, but it could never happen.

I really don't follow DC, I was always a Marvel fan (Wolverine and X-men).

I like BM the most and I really like WW with him.

It is funny, because I think WW is the actual main character. BM is the supporting character.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:49 AM   #387
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGearX View Post
Well, CN actually has Ninjago on instead of ThunderCats. No reruns for us so they can keep any interest going. They probably couldn't wait to get that show off the air.

I didn't watch it. It wasn't on this morning?

I thought this show didn't need the Thundercrap thing.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:19 PM   #388
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Lets see, JL came out before BM brave and bold and WW 09. I think there is a common theme in MJ's shows of BM brave and bold and WW, Steve Trevor and WW. JL had a established ship of BM/WW (popular), but he has to do it his own way. Just like TCats.
Are you for real? I begin to suspect you are just some very advanced spambot... Steve Trevor has been the love interest of Wonder Woman since HER EXISTENCE. In comic, in the Wonder Woman TV series, everywhere. Even I know that, and I have hardly read maybe 3 WW comics.

And, oh wait, by your logic, if a shipping is popular, DC should now retcon 60 years of comic books (well, they kinda did anyway...) and ship WW with Batman? (Btw, NO-ONE abbreviates Batman as BM. No-One. Cause he's the friggin BATMAN.)

It's like, because Blackarachnia was Silverbolt's love interest in BW and BM, she can only love him in all future series... 'except, no-one, not even the biggest BW fans minded that she was now Elita-One and the ex-love of Optimus Prime in Animated...

Quote:
LOLWHUT? You are a riot! I am not a mod, buddy. I cannot get anyone banned. If your alt-IDs (as I suspect they were) got banned, it's because they acted like immature trolls. And trust me, I'd treat you the same way in real life - taking your silly hatred-filled arguments apart with logic and reason.

Quote:
MJ likes to "kill" "famous" ships, in TCATS Tygra also not some random guy
MJ put in, T/C also had the blasted comics thing, but it's not "famous", while L/C is "famous".
Lion-O / Cheetara is such a 'famous' ship, that in the cartoon, they never even kissed each other, or professed their love for each other, or anything. Has to be a reason even the Wildstorm comic married Cheetara with Tygra and not Lion-O...

But why talk about this stupid argument endlessly. I am more interested in seeing more thundercats in the show. Like, Lynxana the Huntress... does anyone even remember her? Her motivations (not getting to lead her clan due to being female) and resentment of her brother do remind me of Tygra's feelings towards Lion-O.

Last edited by BB Shockwave; 06-23-2012 at 12:32 PM..
Old 06-23-2012, 12:56 PM   #389
monothingie
Broken Beyond Repair
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGearX View Post

Yup, old pump and dump. No reruns for the next two weeks and well probably forever. Put a fork in the NS, it's done.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:33 PM   #390
RedisPower
or SONIC RANGER!!!
Why is it that we just can't get a simple "YES" or "NO" pertaining to this series fate?
I will await ComicCon and hope that we can put an end to this silence once and for all.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #391
Balgus82
Taking bets now on whether or not Wonder Woman will even have a cameo in Beware the Batman. Any takers?
Old 06-23-2012, 02:26 PM   #392
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedisPower View Post
Why is it that we just can't get a simple "YES" or "NO" pertaining to this series fate?
I will await ComicCon and hope that we can put an end to this silence once and for all.
Because at the end of the day it's all business. No business wants to come out and admit one of their products failed. They'd rather quietly sweep it under the rug hoping you'll eventually forget about it....

I'm sure we'll get word one way or the other at some point. How long we have to wait is anyone's guess.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:48 PM   #393
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Because at the end of the day it's all business. No business wants to come out and admit one of their products failed. They'd rather quietly sweep it under the rug hoping you'll eventually forget about it....

I'm sure we'll get word one way or the other at some point. How long we have to wait is anyone's guess.
It reminds me of MOTU 200x, everything seems to be going great, things start to stagnate a little, new stuff stops showing up, then the waiting begins...
Old 06-23-2012, 02:50 PM   #394
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Well, the reruns that were planned got axed at the last minute for Ninjago or something, so i think that's a sign.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:01 PM   #395
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
Are you for real? I begin to suspect you are just some very advanced spambot... Steve Trevor has been the love interest of Wonder Woman since HER EXISTENCE. In comic, in the Wonder Woman TV series, everywhere. Even I know that, and I have hardly read maybe 3 WW comics.

And, oh wait, by your logic, if a shipping is popular, DC should now retcon 60 years of comic books (well, they kinda did anyway...) and ship WW with Batman? (Btw, NO-ONE abbreviates Batman as BM. No-One. Cause he's the friggin BATMAN.)

It's like, because Blackarachnia was Silverbolt's love interest in BW and BM, she can only love him in all future series... 'except, no-one, not even the biggest BW fans minded that she was now Elita-One and the ex-love of Optimus Prime in Animated...

LOLWHUT? You are a riot! I am not a mod, buddy. I cannot get anyone banned. If your alt-IDs (as I suspect they were) got banned, it's because they acted like immature trolls. And trust me, I'd treat you the same way in real life - taking your silly hatred-filled arguments apart with logic and reason.

Lion-O / Cheetara is such a 'famous' ship, that in the cartoon, they never even kissed each other, or professed their love for each other, or anything. Has to be a reason even the Wildstorm comic married Cheetara with Tygra and not Lion-O...

But why talk about this stupid argument endlessly. I am more interested in seeing more thundercats in the show. Like, Lynxana the Huntress... does anyone even remember her? Her motivations (not getting to lead her clan due to being female) and resentment of her brother do remind me of Tygra's feelings towards Lion-O.
I could pull up the thread where you were whiney like a little boy. Someone put a link so you could go to the owner of the board and you whine that you would. No one said your a mod.

Sorry I don't spam.

When you critize someone is not hate.

Cmangund just provided you proof that the BM/WW is popular unlike WW/ST. It took off in JL (BW/WW). The point is MJ does what he wants and does not respect other shows. I bet you he couldn't come up with his own show.

Please don't bring up the trash of WS/DC. Cheetara was raped in that.

Last edited by L08e16o; 06-23-2012 at 03:04 PM..
Old 06-23-2012, 03:02 PM   #396
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post
Well, the reruns that were planned got axed at the last minute for Ninjago or something, so i think that's a sign.
I think that is a bad sign.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:25 PM   #397
MegaGearX
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
I think that is a bad sign.
Yes it is. Cartoon Network dropped ThunderCats as soon as the final episode aired. No repeats at all.

Bandai probably won't admit defeat until the UK toys have done shipping, so they don't sabotage any sales.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:26 PM   #398
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
I'd at least like the last season to get a Direct-to-DVD thing. I want to know how it ends.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #399
Balgus82
Quote:
Cmangund just provided you proof that the BM/WW is popular unlike WW/ST. It took off in JL (BW/WW).
Um, no. They didn't. All that was proved was that Bruce Wayne has flirted with her in the comics and that they've kissed. That's not proof of popularity. You wouldn't have that without some kind of fan poll or something. And I'm not talking a biased poll like was tried with L/C where the only people that were asked were people they already knew agreed with them.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:57 PM   #400
Lioconvoy
Thunder Kitty
Can we please get back on topic?!?
Closed Thread