TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2012, 12:38 AM   #1
thereturn2005
Thunder Kitty
Im curious to know where the recent surge of Tygra's listed on E-bay have come from? Theyre were none on there for a while and now theres quite a few so has he been shipping to stores or somethig?
thereturn2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:13 AM   #2
test
You don't stand a chance
most of them are from the same guy in france .... im guessing he bought an entire stock out when they arrived solely to line his pockets......
test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:31 PM   #3
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by test View Post
most of them are from the same guy in france .... im guessing he bought an entire stock out when they arrived solely to line his pockets......
Supply and demand. Can't fault him for making a profit. Some of the 6" Tygras have been auction-form, started really low... and they have sold for over $100 by bidding. He would be stupid to sell them for anything less than they would be selling for if people were bidding on them.

One of two things is going to happen. Either they will become more plentiful and the price will drop (if every Target, Wal-Mart, and TRU has them for $15, they will drop drastically fast on eBay) OR they will stay rare or even become more rare and the price will stay the same or continue to rise like it has been.

Look at the original Mad Bubbler prototype... there are only 2-3 in the world, so they sell for $10,000 to $15,000 when they come available. If there were 250,000 of them, you wouldn't even be able to get $500 for them.

Supply and demand. Smart guy to see that they are more rare and buy low and sell high.
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:37 PM   #4
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereturn2005 View Post
Im curious to know where the recent surge of Tygra's listed on E-bay have come from? Theyre were none on there for a while and now theres quite a few so has he been shipping to stores or somethig?
I haven't seen him in stores and I haven't seen any reports of him showing up in stores... and this would be the place to see reports of it. More likely is that this guy and others bought cases from BBTS, EE, and others and have just now got their shipments and have been listing them. If there's more of a surge, the price will drop. It won't be long and the people willing to spend $100+ on the figure will all have one and when they are listed at $100+ they simply won't sell. Either that or enough different sellers will be listing them that they will have to get more competitive with their pricing and lower it.

Personally, I'm still holding out hope for seeing him at my local retailer. If I ever do find him at retail, I'll pick up whatever extras I can afford and sell him here to members who want him for a collection, not to resell, for cost + shipping. I do a fair amount of buying/selling to turn a profit to fund my toy collection, but I try and be as fair and as courteous as I can to my fellow ThunderCats fans on the board here.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:58 PM   #5
test
You don't stand a chance
Very well put in both your posts English ..... It will be very interesting to see how the tygra situation pans out over the next few months (its like watching the stock market with figures lol).
I've now turned my sights to other rare pieces such as the grune Variant and 4" slithe ... They are proving even harder to get my hands on than tygra was .. at least tygra is available at a cost but these guys can't even be found on eBay :-( i'll snap em up when I see a listing no matter what the cost for my collection ..:...
Old 05-21-2012, 03:07 PM   #6
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Very well put in both your posts English ..... It will be very interesting to see how the tygra situation pans out over the next few months (its like watching the stock market with figures lol).
I've now turned my sights to other rare pieces such as the grune Variant and 4" slithe ... They are proving even harder to get my hands on than tygra was .. at least tygra is available at a cost but these guys can't even be found on eBay :-( i'll snap em up when I see a listing no matter what the cost for my collection ..:...
If I come across either, I'll let you know =o)
Old 05-21-2012, 03:38 PM   #7
Mongor
You got red on you.
Quote:
You got super lucky with the Tygra figure. Super lucky. Sadly Slithe will be harder for you. Entertainment Earth has him pretty often w/ deluxe Panthro and deluxe Lion-O. I see him available there almost every week or so, so try that. I think it's $45 for the 3. Other than that I've seen him no where. Apparently Forbidden Planet in NYC had him months ago, but since selling out he has never come back in stock there. It was some time ago.
Variant Grune is hard. I have one seller who has it but sorry, once I have the money that bad boy is mine. If I find another I will let you know. Expect to pay at least $50 and that will take some haggling.
Mongor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #8
test
You don't stand a chance
Yeah I still don't believe I got so lucky with that one. It was a god send.
I did see EE had the slithe figure but unfortunately they won't ship these figures to UK because I believe wave 2 has an overseas ban or something to that effect ..... So really my only option for slithe and grune Variant is to get lucky on thundercat websites or scower eBay and buy the first one that offers overseas shipping lol....... If grune comes up be prepared to fight me in a bidding war on eBay lol ....... Strange thing is that regular grune is still available in all the shops here because were still stuck with wave 1. He's literally everywhere so I may have to go shop hunting to see if they have any Variants .... Very unlikely though as I'm sure it was an early error and all the grune Variants will be in USA .....
Old 05-21-2012, 06:36 PM   #9
Mongor
You got red on you.
If I find Slithe at retail I'll pick you up one if you want. Remember that shipping charge though...I think it was $25. I haven't seen him yet here but I'll keep you in mind if I do.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:40 PM   #10
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongor View Post
If I find Slithe at retail I'll pick you up one if you want. Remember that shipping charge though...I think it was $25. I haven't seen him yet here but I'll keep you in mind if I do.
I just mailed an Armor of Omens to a member here in the UK. 15"x8"x8" box just under 2 pounds was $17.88 from Oregon, USA. I shipped International First Class. Much less than I was expecting.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #11
Mongor
You got red on you.
Thanks for the heads up. The only time I looked I think it was $25 for expedited shipping there (3-5 business days).
Old 05-22-2012, 04:21 AM   #12
test
You don't stand a chance
thanks guys .... that would be awesome .... wish i could return the favour but you guys get everything well ahead of us so not really a lot i can look out for .... however our shops are still loaded with everything from wave 1 , so if u need any wave 1's that you missed out on i can keep my eyes peeled ;-)