TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Litter Box - Off Topic > Toys
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2011, 01:20 PM   #801
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: BCYOJOE @ HissTank.com

Quote:
You may probably remember him as little Tim Murphy from Steven Spielberg’s Jurassic Park, but now he is a grown young man. We are talking about Joseph Francis Mazzello III (or just Joseph Mazzello for short) who has taken the role of “Mouse” for G. I. Joe: Retaliation by director Jon Chu.

Mr. Mazzello sat down for an exclusive interview with HeyUGuys. He was mostly interviewed regarding the return of Jurassic Park and his memories associated with the filming, but he had something to say about G. I. Joe 2 as well.

Quote:
And you’re currently shooting G.I. Joe 2?

I am. I’m on hiatus from that at the moment. It’s going great. [Director] Jon Chu is fantastic and we actually went to school together and he texted me one day with a ‘Hey, I have a role for you in my movie, do you wanna do it?’ I told him that for him I’d do craft services… and that was how it happened. I’m loving it – Dwanye Johnson is fantastic. I think you could crush me with his pinky… but he wouldn’t – he’s the nicest, most gentle guy. Channing Tatum is so much fun. We’ve had a blast on set and going out at night experiencing New Orleans the way it’s supposed to be done.
The interview happened back in last October and yet it somehow slipped through our watchful eyes. Initial rumors suggested that the character Mouse from Sgt. Savage and his Screaming Eagles will appear to entice young teen girls into the film. Later we heard the news of Joseph Mazzello being cast as the said character.
Original Source: Joseph Mazzello Talks About How He Was Cast For G. I. Joe: Retaliation - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:20 PM   #802
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: Shin Densetsu @ HissTank.com

Quote:
So perhaps you read the Power Team Elite J10 Review, then stopped by Big Lots thinking they'd have it. Well it's November now with no sighting of that nor the SU-27 at Big Lots. Before Thanksgiving we got the news that BigBadToyStore had SU27 preorders up, and now, we've found that they also have the J10 up for preorder too!

PLEASE NOTE: Thisis a preliminary preorder. If preorder volume for the Power Team Elite line does not meet required minimums, we will not be able to import this line. Please share information with others who enjoy the 1:18 scale to help us meet the minimum order requirement.

Price is $39.99. Other items can be found in their Power Team Elite section!
Original Source: Power Team Elite J10 Preorder At BigBadToyStore - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 11-26-2011, 12:50 AM   #803
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: TTT @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Your fellow HISS tanker Squall made this custom G.I. Joe Minimates Snake Eyes.

"I've been doing Minimates customs lately. Here's a Snake Eyes commission."

Click the Discuss button for all the pics & details.
Original Source: Custom G.I. Joe Minimates Snake Eyes - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 11-26-2011, 11:30 AM   #804
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: DESTRO @ HissTank.com

Quote:
G.I. JOE THE RISE OF COBRA - M.A.R.S. TROOPERS $1.00

G.I. Joe at HasbroToyShop.com is offering up the M.A.R.S. TROOPERS 3Pack for $1.00. You will still need to pay for standard shipping but if you are already buying items from HTS why not throw these in for a buck.
Original Source: G.I. JOE THE RISE OF COBRA - M.A.R.S. TROOPERS $1.00 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 11-27-2011, 01:00 PM   #805
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: C.I.A.D. @ HissTank.com

Quote:
It's time to enjoy your Sunday after the right way...with another installment of the best 3 & 3/4 Modern Army Comic on the internet, Ages 25 & Up!

This week, HissTank.com Boards Member & A25&U creator, Numbers, brings us Issue #167, entitled Right in the Morale. In this issue, Cobras do what they do best: complain.

Once you've checked out the latest issue, join us for discussion already in progress after the jump.
Original Source: Ages 25 & Up #167 - Right In The Morale Now Online! - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 11-27-2011, 01:40 PM   #806
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Sideshow Collectibles is proud to present the next entry in our GI JOE Premium Format Figure line, Baroness. Cobra's second in command is presented in stunning 1:4 scale featuring a detailed fabric costume and signature weaponry. Measuring approximately 22 inches tall, each piece is hand finished and painted, each with its own unique quality and attention to detail that is the trademark of a handcrafted Sideshow Collectibles product. The Baroness Premium Format Figure captures the beautiful femme fatale in striking detail and makes an outstanding addition to any GI JOE or COBRA collection.

Baroness Premium Format Figure - Sideshow Collectibles

Baroness Premium Format Figure - Sideshow Collectibles
Original Source: Baroness Sideshow Exclusive Edition Pre-Order - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 11-27-2011, 02:30 PM   #807
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Stylin Online has been stepping up their game with a slew of new site features and design elements to their online shopping experience of late. On top of this, they have a ton of items on sale this weekend starting Black Friday for up to 70% off retail price.

Check out their Black Friday Deals here.

Check out their key sections of interest to us G.I. Joe guys and gals here:

G.I. Joe
Transformers
Marvel
DC
Thundercats

Original Source: Cyber Monday Deals at Stylin Online - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 11-27-2011, 03:40 PM   #808
ThundeRSS

Quote:
PastGenerationToys.com Site Update - Shipping cost on ALL orders that are shipped within the lower 48 US States will receive free shipping. PastGenerationToys.com Site Update - Shipping cost on ALL orders that are shipped within the lower 48 US States will receive free shipping. Also, we have partnered with Amazon.com and Amazon.com Prime Members can receive free 2 Day shipping.

Also, we are currently doing free toy giveaways on
Facebook check it out!
Past Generation Toys - PGT Giveaways | Facebook

This week we have:

GIJOE Preorders for the next wave of GI
Joe Renegades are up.
Past Generation Toys : PreOrders : Hasbro : GI Joe

Transformers Preorders for the next wave of Transformers Product are up.
Past Generation Toys : Hasbro : Transformers
Original Source: Past Generation Toys Cyber Monday Update - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 11-27-2011, 03:40 PM   #809
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Kokomo Toys & Collectibles is a real life family owned and operated brick & mortar toy store. We are one of the only independent toy stores in the Midwest and have the largest selection of action figures in the State of Indiana. We are also fellow collectors like you too. As a real life brick & mortar toy store our customers do matter to us. So if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Hours: Thurs., Fri. & Sat. from 12 P.M. to 5 P.M.

Kokomo Toys & Collectibles 2011 GI Joe 30th Anniversary Wave 3 Renegades Cobra Trooper MOC

Kokomo Toys & Collectibles 2011 GI Joe 30th Anniversary Wave 3 Renegades Tunnel Rat MOC

Kokomo Toys & Collectibles 2011 Gi Joe 30th Anniversary Wave 3 Renegades Scarlett MOC

Kokomo Toys & Collectibles 2011 GI Joe 30th Anniversary Wave 3 Techno Viper MOC

Kokomo Toys & Collectibles 2011 GI Joe 30th Anniversary Wave 3 Renegades Storm Shadow MOC

G.I. Joe File Cards, G.I. Joe items in Kokomo Toys store on eBay!
Check out their eBay store for thousands of in-stock G.I. Joe Items
Original Source: Kokomo Toys & Collectibles Cyber Monday Update! - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 11-27-2011, 03:40 PM   #810
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Site sponsor Cobrastickers.com is having a sale on all Faction Symbols! WildBill dropped by and chimed in:

We're having a sale at Cobrastickers!
Faction sets are on sale until Christmas Also check around the site for some new pricing. At the bottom of our list on the right side of the front page you can select "view all products" to go through our entire catalogue and discover which sets have new pricing.
Original Source: CobraStickers Faction Stickers Cyber Monday Sale! - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 11-27-2011, 04:21 PM   #811
ThundeRSS

Quote:
GI JOE 30th Anniversary Wave 3 figure set and case now available for and shipping in late November. Highlights include Techno-Viper and Renegades editions of Storm Shadow, Scarlett, Cobra Trooper, Ripcord, and Tunnel Rat.

GI JOE 30th Anniversary Wave 3 Pre-Orders

SMALLJOES.COM is pleased to announce the APEX Action Figure and Collectibles Display Case!

The APEX Display Case brings to the market the first case designed to showcase your collection, dust-free, and conveniently located anywhere you like - for example on a desk or coffee table, in your cubicle at the office, or on a bookshelf.

Display Case for Action Figures & Collectibles
Original Source: SmallJoes.com Cyber Monday Update - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 11-27-2011, 04:21 PM   #812
ThundeRSS

Original Source: BigBadToyStore Cyber Monday Update - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 11-28-2011, 12:20 PM   #813
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Kokomo Toys & Collectibles is a real life family owned and operated brick & mortar toy store. We are one of the only independent toy stores in the Midwest and have the largest selection of action figures in the State of Indiana. We are also fellow collectors like you too. As a real life brick & mortar toy store our customers do matter to us. So if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Hours: Thurs., Fri. & Sat. from 12 P.M. to 5 P.M.

Kokomo Toys & Collectibles 2011 GI Joe 30th Anniversary Wave 3 Renegades Cobra Trooper MOC

Kokomo Toys & Collectibles 2011 GI Joe 30th Anniversary Wave 3 Renegades Tunnel Rat MOC

Kokomo Toys & Collectibles 2011 Gi Joe 30th Anniversary Wave 3 Renegades Scarlett MOC

Kokomo Toys & Collectibles 2011 GI Joe 30th Anniversary Wave 3 Techno Viper MOC

Kokomo Toys & Collectibles 2011 GI Joe 30th Anniversary Wave 3 Renegades Storm Shadow MOC

G.I. Joe File Cards, G.I. Joe items in Kokomo Toys store on eBay!
Check out their eBay store for thousands of in-stock G.I. Joe Items
Original Source: Kokomo Toys Cyber Monday Wave 3 Renegades InStock! - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 11-29-2011, 01:21 AM   #814
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Just in time for the holidays, GI Joe 30th Anniversary Wave 3 has arrived at retail! HISS Tank boards member Computron34 came upon this wave at a Walmart in Texas. Happy hunting, and check out the photographic proof after the jump!
Original Source: GI Joe 30th Anniversary Wave 3 Sighted - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 11-29-2011, 01:21 AM   #815
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The GI Joe Collectors' Club has revealed the card art for the upcoming NANO BAT. It's reworked artwork using the Battle Damaged BAT(from the Defense Of Cobra Island 7 Pack) card art as a base.

Take a closer look at the NANO BAT art after the jump.
Original Source: NANO BAT Card Art - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 11-29-2011, 04:00 AM   #816
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Your fellow HISS tanker Stronox made this custom Cobra Shadow Tracker.

"I really liked the idea of a new Cobra character, but I didn't really get Shadow Tracker. I really didn't care for all the neon at all, and most of his weaponry was just weird to me. I decided to make him more native looking to the jungle or maybe African plains."

Original Source: Custom Cobra Shadow Tracker - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 11-29-2011, 01:41 PM   #817
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The GI Joe Collectors' Club has posted the card art for the following on their Twitter and Facebook pages:
  • Jinx
  • Iron Klaw
Take a look at the new artwork after the jump!
Original Source: GI Joe FSS Iron Klaw And Jinx Art - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 11-29-2011, 07:40 PM   #818
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The GI Joe Club Facebook page has updated with full card art for the following:Check out the full artwork after the jump!
Original Source: Full FSS Quarrel And NANO BAT Art - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 11-30-2011, 12:11 AM   #819
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The GI Joe Collectors' Club has revealed the artwork for the GI Joe FSS Topside! We 1st saw this figure at NYCC, check out the card art after the jump!
Original Source: FSS Topside Art - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 11-30-2011, 04:20 PM   #820
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The GI Joe Collectors' Club has posted the card art for Big Boa on Twitter. Check out the new Cobra boxer artwork after the jump!
Original Source: FSS Big Boa Art - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 11-30-2011, 05:00 PM   #821
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The GI Joe Collectors' Club has posted the artwork for FSS Cover Girl on their Facebook page. Take a look at the new Cover Girl art after the jump and let us know what you think!
Original Source: FSS Cover Girl Art - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 11-30-2011, 07:40 PM   #822
ThundeRSS

Quote:
For those who are following our TFW2005 Transformers Live Action Movie News, you may know very well about Movie Rating Sites such as Alberta Film Ratings and British Board of Film Classification. It so happens that these sites are wealthy information sources when it comes to upcoming movies and trailers.

Today, HISSTANK learns that Alberta Film Ratings is listing some information regarding the First Trailer of G. I. Joe: Retaliation.

The trailer is PG rated and we are expected to see it with a movie of a similar rating.

The running time is 2:25 Minutes, which is nearly the running time of the trailer shown/heard at the Hasbro’s 2011 Investor Day.

The rating happened yesterday, so we are expected to see if revealed within the next couple of months.
Original Source: G. I. Joe: Retaliation 1st Trailer Info Revealed - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 11-30-2011, 11:10 PM   #823
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The GI Joe Collectors' Club has revealed the art for FSS Grunt. Like the other artwork used for the GI Joe Figure Subscription Service, this art features differences compared to the original. Can you spot them all? Join our discussion after the jump!
Original Source: FSS Grunt Art - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 12-01-2011, 05:13 AM   #824
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Your fellow HISS tanker Sculpetor made this custom Cobra Throne in 1:18 scale for his 25th/ME Cobra Commander.

"Most of us know Sideshow made a throne for their 12 inch Commander. I thought it was pretty cool, so I attempted my own version. Everybody's favorite hooded hellraiser needs a throne right?"

Original Source: Custom Cobra Commander Throne - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 12-02-2011, 12:20 AM   #825
ThundeRSS

Quote:
You can now preorder GI Joe 30th Anniversary Wave 4 at Kokomo Toys! This wave includes some new Renegades figures as well as long awaited modern updates to classic fan-favorites, such as GI Joe Lifeline! Get all 5 figures for $48.99, or a factory sealed cased of 12 for $82.99!
Original Source: GI Joe 30th Anniversary Wave 4 Preorders Up At Kokomo Toys - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 12-02-2011, 12:51 AM   #826
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Did you dig the FSS Jinx Art preview the other day? How about not only the full card art, but also a close up of the head sculpt for FSS Jinx? Earlier the GI Joe Collectors' Club posted the full card art and a closeup of the head sculpt for FSS Jinx, which you can check out after the jump!
Original Source: GI Joe FSS Jinx Artwork And Closeup - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 12-02-2011, 12:51 AM   #827
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Site sponsor Smalljoes.com has put preorders up for GI Joe 30th Anniversary Wave 4!Head on over now to lock in your preorders for Zombie Viper and the rest of wave 4!
Original Source: GI Joe 30th Anniversary Wave 4 Preorders Up At Smalljoes.com - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 12-02-2011, 12:51 AM   #828
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Zap2It has posted listings for The HUB this month which reveal that they will be showing GI Joe A Real American Hero Season 2! It kicks off with Arise, Serpentor, Arise on Saturday December 10th, at 6AM!
Original Source: GI Joe A Real American Hero Season 2 On The HUB - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 12-02-2011, 12:51 AM   #829
ThundeRSS

Quote:
With traffic, crowds, and long lines at stores, why not shop online for your GI Joe fix? Site sponsor BigBadToyStore has passed along their latest update. Preorders are up for GI Joe 30th Anniversary Wave 4. However, that's not all, there's plenty of new preorders and new arrivals to check out. Check out the rest of the update after the jump!
Original Source: BigBadToyStore Update 1st Week Of December - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 12-02-2011, 01:30 AM   #830
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The GI Joe Collectors' Club has posted a preview for the FSS Barrel Roll card art on Twitter. Barrel Roll is the 1st of the Stall siblings to make the jump from the "new sculpt" era to the modern era. This version takes design cues from the Direct To Consumer(DTC) version of Barrel Roll. Check out the artwork after the jump!
Original Source: FSS Barrel Roll Art Preview - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 12-02-2011, 05:30 PM   #831
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The GI Joe Collectors' Club has posted the card art of GI Joe FSS Dice on Facebook:

This is the preview image for the COBRA DICE card art for the FSS. It's mostly taken from the vintage art, so if you don't like it... hate the guy that did it back in the day. :-)

How does this art compare with the rest?
Original Source: GI Joe FSS Dice Art Preview - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 12-02-2011, 06:00 PM   #832
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The GI Joe Collectors' Club has addressed criticism about the GI Joe Figure Subscription Service(FSS), with a post on Facebook:

There has been a lot of "controversy" over the art for the FSS. Some like it and some HATE it. A lot! :-) We thought it might be fun to show some of the reference the digital artist was given. He was asked to rework them as much original art as possible to make the FSS carded figure art as retro, nostalgic and consistent to each other as could be done in a very tight time frame. We think he did a pretty good job overall. Check out where he began. It looks like A LOT of work to get where he got to starting from these!

So what do you think about the art now?
Original Source: About The GI Joe FSS Artwork - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 12-03-2011, 12:20 AM   #833
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Once Pursuit Of Cobra Wave 3 Desert Battle Snake Eyes was revealed, a question on the minds of many fans was this:

"Where is the Storm Shadow figure to rival this?"

With the release of Renegades Storm Shadow, fans finally have their answer. This figure arrived at stores very recently. Maybe you're on the hunt for this long awaited figure. How about some pics? HISS Tank boards member firmpulse has shared his images of the new Storm Shadow(configured as modern Storm Shadow) figure, which you can check out after the jump!
Original Source: Renegades Storm Shadow In Hand Images - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 12-03-2011, 01:00 AM   #834
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Back in the 1980's, when GI Joe A Real American Hero reigned supreme, a memorable aircraft soared into the imaginations of Joe fans, the Night Raven S3P. Fast forward to 2011, and at this point, we have seen the following return to shelves:
  • Rattler
  • Conquest X30
  • Sky Striker
With regards to popularity, the original Night Raven is definitely up there with the 3 aforementioned jets. Sure the Rattler came 1st, however, comparing the Night Raven to the Rattler is like comparing the Tomahawk to the Dragonfly; what came 1st may not necessarily be the best. Either way, to say the Night Raven S3P isn't popular with GI Joe fans would be a lie. Through the years we've seen the polls, we've heard the demands, however,

Just how much would you pay for a GI Joe 30th Anniversary Cobra Night Raven S3P? With GI Joe 2 Retaliation on the way next year, 2012 is the best chance we have at getting a 30th Anniversary Night Raven. So, onward, discuss!
Original Source: How Much Would You Pay For A 30th Anniversary Night Raven? - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 12-04-2011, 01:00 PM   #835
ThundeRSS

Quote:
It's time to enjoy your Sunday the right way...with another installment of the best 3 & 3/4 Modern Army Comic on the internet, Ages 25 & Up!

This week, HissTank.com Boards Member & A25&U creator, Numbers, brings us Issue #168, entitled Flash In The Pan. In this week's strip, Flash shows Beard Force what he's been working on. Could this turn the tide?

Once you've checked out the latest issue, join us for discussion already in progress after the jump.
Original Source: Ages 25 & Up #168 - Flash In The Pan Now Online! - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 12-05-2011, 12:00 AM   #836
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The Modern Techno Viper was at the top of many fans' wishlists during the past few years. It is one of the most highly anticipated figures of GI Joe 30th Anniversary Wave 3, and possibly the most highly anticipated troop builder of the year.

If you like variety in your collection, well here's something else to spice things up. Recently HISS Tank boards member Cdt Weasel received a Techno Viper Variant. What makes this a variant? The different traffic cones, one molded in black but painted green, and the other molded in green. There is also a sculpt difference. Here's what Cdt Weasel had to say:

As I was connecting the 2 cones I noticed they had a different texture and sharpness to the paint apps. One appears to be black plastic painted neon green.. The top of the cone has a round hole (where you can see the black plastic the cone is made out of). The second cone is molded from a neon green plastic and the cobra logo and silver stripe have slightly fuzzier edges due to the rougher texture of the unpainted cone. The top has a hexagonal peg hole. Looking at them now, the black plastic cone may be hexagonal on top, but the paint apps have rounded out the corners more and make it look round. I had thrown away the card to the first figure already but the date code on the second is 12721.

See for yourself after the jump!
Original Source: Techno Viper Variant - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 12-05-2011, 06:00 PM   #837
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Jptoys.com has posted new images of 2 vehicles that were tooled for the Jurassic Park line that were GI Joe compatible. Now we've seen the Jurassic Park Helicopter before, but you might be surprised at what else was unearthed for Jurassic Park GI Joe, a mystery truck!

Check out the "new" truck after the jump!
Original Source: Jurassic Park Truck Revealed - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 12-05-2011, 06:30 PM   #838
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The GI Joe Collectors' Club has posted even more GI Joe Figure Subscription Service full card art on their Facebook page. Full card art for the following was shown:
  • Big Boa
  • Grunt
  • TNT
  • Topside
  • Iron Klaw
  • Dice
  • Cover Girl
Check out GI Joe FSS full card art after the jump!
Original Source: Even More GI Joe FSS Full Card Art - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 12-05-2011, 08:30 PM   #839
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: Tony_Bacala @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Check out HissTank.com's photo shoot of the upcoming Big Bad Toy Store exclusive Dreadnoks 7 pack. These have been seen several times, but we figured we'd throw in another round of shots for fans to look at while we wait for them to be released.

Disclaimer - These were provided by BBTS for review purposes.

Enjoy!
Original Source: HissTank Gallery of BBTS Dreadnoks 7 Pack - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 12-05-2011, 08:30 PM   #840
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: Tony_Bacala @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Check out HissTank.com's photo shoot of the upcoming Big Bad Toy Store exclusive Slaughter's Marauders 7 pack. These have been seen several times, but we figured we'd throw in another round of shots for fans to look at while we wait for them to be released.

Disclaimer - These were provided by BBTS for review purposes.

Enjoy!
Original Source: HissTank Gallery of BBTS Slaughters Marauders 7 Pack - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 12-05-2011, 11:51 PM   #841
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Your fellow HISS tanker horus0129 made this custom G.I. Joe The Operator.

"This custom is 'The Operator', inspired by 'The Unit', the first episode of season 4."

Original Source: Custom G.I. Joe The Operator - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 12-06-2011, 01:11 AM   #842
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Back in May, we got a look at the Sideshow General Hawk official images. Fast forward to last week when the figure finally arrived into the hands of fans! HISS Tank boards member VIPER E7 has posted his images of this new figure.

Check them out after the jump! Do you like what you see? Well Sideshow Collectibles has both the Sideshow Exclusive, and Standard editions in stock!

Click here to order the Sideshow Exclusive Edition General Hawk

Click here to order the Sideshow General Hawk
Original Source: Sideshow General Hawk In Hand Images - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 12-06-2011, 06:50 PM   #843
ThundeRSS

Quote:
IDW's Cobra Civil War was to culminate with the selection of an all new Cobra Commander, and to get the full scoop you'll have to pick up GI Joe #8 tomorrow. In the meantime, if you want to know who the new Commander is, USA Today has revealed his identity:

After the last leader of the underground terrorist organization was assassinated, a "Cobra Civil War" broke out in IDW's trio of relaunched G.I. Joe comics in April. Seven candidates were up for the job, and many battles, sabotaging, backroom dealings and a bunch of casualties later, the new Cobra Commander is unveiled Wednesday in the pages — and on a special scratch-off variant cover — of G.I. Joe issue 8, written by Chuck Dixon with art by Will Rosado.

In addition, USA Today spoke with some of the creative teams behind IDW's GI Joe, and Mike Costa stated the following:

Costa teases that by the end of "Cobra Command," "there will definitely be people who were part of the Cobra organization who are no longer part of it." Also, much like he's done with Serpentor, Big Boa, Croc Master and Crystal Ball, he will be taking another seemingly "ridiculous and unworkable" Cobra character from the old toy franchise and giving them a modern and realistic tweak.

So who is the new Cobra Commander? Read on(at your own risk!) to find out....
Original Source: New IDW Cobra Commander Is.... - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 12-07-2011, 02:30 PM   #844
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Be it through Hasbro or the G.I.Joe Collectors Club, fans of the franchise have been given a taste of what many refer to as the ARGEN 7. This eclectic group of figures, by a company named Plastirama, are repaints of G.I.Joe 3 3/4 figures released in the early 80's. These figures were released in Argentina.

However, for our friends in Venezuela, G.I.Joe pickings were slim. Figures were either imported or sent over by family/friends who lived overseas and had access to our favorite modern action figure. In 1990, a company by the name of Rubiplas set out to change that and obtained a license from Hasbro to produce their own figure assortment. Rubiplas opted to use molds of figures released from 82 - 85 rather than license molds of figures produced during that year, or even around that time frame. The exact reason behind this is not completely known.

The figures produced by Rubiplas are extremely rare. To find one in good condition would be considered a gem in anyone's collection. It's because of this fact that many jaws dropped when HissTank.com forum member FigurasDeAccion posted word that he's selling not one, not two...SIX Venezuelan G.I.Joe figures. Included in the assortment are:
  • White Cobra Mortal (Includes letter of authenticity)
  • Manleh
  • Invasor
  • Topson
  • Redmack
  • Shimik
  • Original Rubiplas Catalog

If you love o-ring figures and chase after rare/hard to find International pieces, well...you've just stumbled on to something that we may not see again for a very long time to come.

We here at the Tank normally wouldn't Front Page someone's private sale, but this piece of G.I.Joe history cannot go unnoticed.

Click Discuss below to check out more pictures, read full descriptions and throw your hat in the running.
Original Source: Rare Rubiplas Venezuelan G.I.Joe Figure Set Of 6 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 12-07-2011, 08:00 PM   #845
ThundeRSS

Quote:
IDW Publishing has has passed along a press release regarding the New Cobra Commander!

New COBRA COMMANDER Revealed Today

After the bloody COBRA Civil War, a new commander is crowned.

COBRA will never be the same.

San Diego, CA (December 7, 2011) – IDW Publishing’s COBRA CIVIL WAR end today when the new COBRA COMMANDER is crowned in G.I. JOE: #8, and the stunning aftermath will infect all three intertwined G.I. JOE series—G.I. JOE, COBRA, and SNAKE EYES. This December and under license from Hasbro, IDW’s G.I. JOE universe will never be the same, and each issue reveals a piece of this brand-new direction.

In stores December 7th, G.I. JOE: #8 features writing by Chuck Dixon (Batman, Superman), art by Will Rosado (Green Arrow, Robin) and a cover by Tom Feister (Iron Man, Green Lantern). After months of COBRA CIVIL WAR, the kills have been tallied and it’s time to name the all-new COBRA COMMANDER. Marking this once-in-a-lifetime event, G.I. JOE: #8 will feature a special scratch-off lottery cover, revealing the identity of the new COBRA COMMANDER.

The action and aftermath continue on December 14th in SNAKE EYES #8, written by Dixon with art by Casey Maloney (Star Trek, Children of the Grave), as the ninja commando attempts to rescue his teammate, DUKE, who’s been infected by a lethal virus that’s diving him violently mad. If SNAKE EYES cannot save him in time, DUKE could be the last casualty of the COBRA CIVIL WAR.

In COBRA #8, available on December 21st from writer Mike Costa (Blackhawks, Smoke & Mirrors) and artists Antonio Fuso (Wolverine: Origins, G.I. Joe: Hearts and Minds) and Werther dell’Edera (X-Force, Punisher), the reign of the new COBRA COMMANDER begins—leading to January’s status-quo shattering COBRA COMMAND crossover series. An unstoppable series of events is set in motion, the world is about to learn what COBRA already knows: this is a very different kind of COBRA COMMANDER.

All three issues are part of IDW’s photo-cover month, each sporting a variant action cover featuring classic G.I. JOE toys.

Also available on December 7th, G.I. JOE: COBRA: COBRA CIVIL WAR, VOL. 1 takes fans back to the beginning of the COBRA CIVIL WAR, with the first four issues of the COBRA series plus the 10-page prologue from G.I. JOE #0, including origins of the Cobra candidates who aspired to be the next COBRA COMMANDER. Readers can relive the early battles of this unprecedented war.

Want to see more? Check out a preview of GI Joe #8 courtesy of USA Today!
Original Source: New Cobra Commander Press Release - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 12-07-2011, 08:40 PM   #846
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Site sponsor BigBadToyStore has passed along their latest update. Plenty of new preorders and new arrivals!

GI JOE A REAL AMERICAN HERO SERIES 02 DVD BOX SET
This series occurs after "GI Joe: the Movie" (the animated one) and
includes Sgt. Slaughter as well as many new characters. We have this set
listed at $29.99.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...03&mode=retail

GI JOE GENERAL HAWK 12" FIGURE
The leader of the GI Joe team is the next 12" figure to arrive. General
Hawk includes comes with switch-out boots and hands, as well as grenades,
pistols, a rifle and all kinds of other costume parts and accessories. We
have this figure listed at $124.99, $10 off the MSRP.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...09&mode=retail

Don't forget they've got GI Joe 30th Anniversary Wave 4 listed as well!

Check out the complete update after the jump!
Original Source: Site Sponsor Update - BigBadToyStore December 7th 2011 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 12-08-2011, 02:00 PM   #847
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Not a major toy news, but it is worth mentioning that Hasbro is planning to introduce a new “PVC-LessToy Packaging by 2013.

This decision comes from their effort to “Go Green”. Hasbro, Inc. announced today that it will eliminate polyvinyl chloride (PVC) from all new core toy and game packaging beginning in 2013. Hasbro has already begun to phase out PVC from some packaging, and has committed to completely eliminating PVC in packaging for new product beginning in 2013.

Check out the entire Press Release we received, after the jump.
Original Source: Changes To Future Toy Packaging - Hasbro Goes Green - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 12-08-2011, 02:40 PM   #848
ThundeRSS

Quote:
‘Tis the Holiday Season and no better time to reveal a movie trailer (except Super Bowl of course).

The Official UK G. I. Joe Movie Facebook Page has been updated with…

"Attention Joes: new trailer coming soon!"

Entertainment Websites such as Dark Horizons state that the recently revealed list of trailers (including G. I. Joe: Retaliation) will hit the internet pretty soon.

Sure enough, within matter of hours, the Teaser Trailer for Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted made its debut. It is worth noticing that the running time posted for Madagascar 3 Teaser Trailer matches 100% with this revealed trailer. Therefore we can come to a solid confirmation that the 1st G. I. Joe: Retaliation trailer is indeed 2 and a half minutes long.

We will keep you updated as soon as we receive more info.
Original Source: G. I. Joe: Retaliation 1st Trailer Arriving Soon? - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 12-08-2011, 02:40 PM   #849
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Your fellow HISS tanker Cloud Strife made this custom G.I. Joe POC Claymore.

"A fellow Tanker commissioned me to make Claymore. At first we were leaning towards an ARAH inspired Claymore, but we ended up going for a more modern Claymore, similar to what th POC run has done. "

Original Source: Custom G.I. Joe POC Claymore - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 12-08-2011, 02:40 PM   #850
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The G. I. Joe Toyline is one of the proudest Franchises… in the world. There are only very few toy brand names that have achieved a legendary status.

The Official Twitter Page of the G. I. Joe Collectors’ Club is sharing with us this cool video of an Adventure Team 12" GI Joe bound to a weather balloon and sent to over 87,000 feet above the ground.
Original Source: G. I. Joe Crosses The Final Frontier - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe