TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > Thundercats Collecting > Thundercats Sightings

Old 02-05-2011, 09:42 PM   #1
Tony_Bacala
Cornelius Tunar FTW
Use this thread to post what you find, and where! Let your fellow collectors know what's up. Minor local discussion is ok, but try to keep it focused on the toys and finding them locally.
Tony_Bacala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
LionOLordoftheThundercats
Thundercat
No new Thundercat toys at the TRU and Walmart by Katy Mills mall.
LionOLordoftheThundercats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 04:37 PM   #3
lordofrings
Spursfan
No thundercats here in San Antonio
lordofrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:20 PM   #4
deadcat
Thunder Kitty
nothing here in north dallas
deadcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:18 AM   #5
User897
Ancient Spirit of Evil
I live in a NW suburb of Houston called Cypress, Texas.

Walmart: Nothing in stores or online.
Target: Nothing in stores or online.
Toys 'R Us: Nothing in store and website says all Thundercats product is out of stock.

Looks like another toy rollout has become a dud.
User897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:50 AM   #6
speedlgt
Thunder Kitty
IN houston I have called 2 different toys r us and they said they dont have them nor do they have a relase date!. I didnt call walmart but i have been to 3 and nothing. ALso I have been to 2 targets and they have done there reset but I did not see a spot for the thundercats line.......dont know what to think about that.....
speedlgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:41 PM   #7
Ryndur
Thunder Kitty
i have checked the target and walmart close to 620 and lakeline in austin. Toys r us in this area is moving and not restocking anything at the store. :S I am going to try some of the shops around cedar park today or tomorrow. But nothing out yet. :S
Ryndur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:08 PM   #8
lordofrings
Spursfan
Is there any collectors here in San Antonio. If so , what do you collect, maybe we can help each other out!!!
Old 08-02-2011, 07:30 PM   #9
Riono
Thunder Kitty
I was able to finally make an order on the Kmart web site. After reading some other peoples posts i though it would be canceled for sure, however a confirmation email said all 10 figures were shipped and should arrive 8/4. We will see

Still no luck on TRU Walmart or Target...
Riono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:25 AM   #10
Thundercat
Good luck to you Riono. Hope you actually get what you ordered. Still nothing around here in Houston or the Katy area which is good for me right now as I don't have any money until next pay day which is when I hope that the new Thundercat toys start showing up. In the mean time I have a set of the first wave of 4" inch figures pre ordered on BBTS. Could really use some "Sight Beyond Sight" right about now lol.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:53 PM   #11
Batmanisaninja
Thunder Kitty
No luck In Houston at:
walmart at spring branch by the IMAX
Target on 290 and hollister
TRU at bunker hill memorial city
TRU in the woodlands
Bedrock city comics will not be getting any at any location. However, they do have one more non-sdcc mezco lion o figure if you are looking for one to buy. This was at the Washington ave location.
Good luck everyone.

Last edited by Batmanisaninja; 08-04-2011 at 05:57 PM..
Batmanisaninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:29 AM   #12
speedlgt
Thunder Kitty
still nothing in the houston area mainly the southeast area. I am more concerned that I dont see spots for these toys rather not finding them yet.....but that sucks too.....
Old 08-05-2011, 10:06 AM   #13
Thundercat
Well for anyone who can't find them they have some of the toys in stock on toys r us website. Was able to order me Cheetara and Wily-Kit. Wily-Kat is out of stock .
Old 08-06-2011, 06:02 PM   #14
tgbobafett
Thunder Kitty
When are they supposed to hit shelves?? I also saw a 12" Lion-O i think it was at Hastings other day in Longview for $40.....is/was that a good deal??
tgbobafett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:40 AM   #15
tgbobafett
Thunder Kitty
heres what I was talking about btw!!!!

Old 08-08-2011, 04:37 PM   #16
Mintcondition
Thunder Kitty
Not a good deal at all. Don't pay $40. That figure is going to hit TRU soon and it's on their website right now for $25.
Mintcondition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:20 PM   #17
tgbobafett
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintcondition View Post
Not a good deal at all. Don't pay $40. That figure is going to hit TRU soon and it's on their website right now for $25.
Yea that's what someone else was saying in another thread on here...Hastings has always been kinda high heh
Old 08-10-2011, 03:05 PM   #18
speedlgt
Thunder Kitty
IN houston still nothing that I have seen..............any word on whats going on in texas? we got to work together on this
Old 08-10-2011, 04:21 PM   #19
lordofrings
Spursfan
Toy r us in San Antonio had all the thundercats figures but were going fast.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:33 PM   #20
Batmanisaninja
Thunder Kitty
Great news! Houston toys r us has four and six inch figures, claw gauntlet, and thunder tank.
Pasadena toys r us is out. Memorial city TUR has two tanks, a six inch lion o, two claw gauntlets, and a few four inch mum ra, lion o, and tygra figures. They are by the batman brave and the bold toys. Good luck searching.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:10 PM   #21
Batmanisaninja
Thunder Kitty
Woodlands tru has everything. Tank, swords, tank racers, claw, swords, and figures 4 & 6 inch. Enjoy. It's by the collector's toys in this location.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:37 PM   #22
Ryndur
Thunder Kitty
Eek, and yet there is still nothing in Austin or Cedar park.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:06 PM   #23
tgbobafett
Thunder Kitty
Walmart.com has nothing on their website but dvds and shirts!! Damn shame!!
Old 08-13-2011, 08:42 AM   #24
WilyKitKat
Thunder Kitty
Hey guys, for anyone who doesn't know about the Toy Show coming up I have made a new thread in the Collections area:
http://www.thundercats.ws/gulf-coast...les-show-2792/
Also, no Thundercats in Pasadena and no spots for them anywhere. I wish I could get out to the Woodlands, LOL
WilyKitKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:55 PM   #25
Mintcondition
Thunder Kitty
Hey guys, the Allen TRU has EEEEVVVERRRYTHIIING. Except the Claw Shield and Tower of Omens playset (but I don't think anyone has the playset yet).

I already got the Classics from TRU.com, but while I was at the Allen TRU I picked up all 3 6 inch figs, the Thundertank, Grune, the 4 inch figs of Lion-O, Tygra, Panthro, Cheetara, and Mumm-Ra and that's it for now.

Just need the Lizard Cannon and Wily Kit and Kat and I'll be set. They did have Wily Kat, but not Wily Kit so I decided to wait until I saw them both.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:48 PM   #26
dolf334
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Hey guys, the Allen TRU has EEEEVVVERRRYTHIIING. Except the Claw Shield and Tower of Omens playset (but I don't think anyone has the playset yet).

I already got the Classics from TRU.com, but while I was at the Allen TRU I picked up all 3 6 inch figs, the Thundertank, Grune, the 4 inch figs of Lion-O, Tygra, Panthro, Cheetara, and Mumm-Ra and that's it for now.

Just need the Lizard Cannon and Wily Kit and Kat and I'll be set. They did have Wily Kat, but not Wily Kit so I decided to wait until I saw them both.

That is nice that you did not want to seperate brother and sister. I am sure they appreciate it also. Now he can make her kiss a toad!!!
dolf334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:14 PM   #27
Mintcondition
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolf334 View Post
That is nice that you did not want to seperate brother and sister. I am sure they appreciate it also. Now he can make her kiss a toad!!!
Haha, yes exactly. That, and with everything else I was buying I really needed an excuse NOT to buy something, you know?

I'm lucky the girlfriend didn't have a heart attack when I came home.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:56 PM   #28
Ryndur
Thunder Kitty
Man, I am beginning to think the best bet is to just order online now. i went to Wal Mart today and asked the guy stocking, "hey, have you started to see Thundercats show up?" His reply, "That's not a real toyline they had those years ago" I was like, wow, someone should tell bandai that. I guess the only reason I haven't purchased online yet, is because I want that instant gratification. ah well......... :S
Old 08-13-2011, 09:32 PM   #29
Mintcondition
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryndur View Post
Man, I am beginning to think the best bet is to just order online now. i went to Wal Mart today and asked the guy stocking, "hey, have you started to see Thundercats show up?" His reply, "That's not a real toyline they had those years ago" I was like, wow, someone should tell bandai that. I guess the only reason I haven't purchased online yet, is because I want that instant gratification. ah well......... :S
Did you actually say that there was supposed to be a new toyline out?

Did this employee think you were so stupid that you wouldn't know it was a toyline from the 80's?

Like you fell asleep in 1987 and just woke up today or something? What a jerky thing to say.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:59 PM   #30
Riono
Thunder Kitty
Wow i wish i could go to the TRU stores too but i am currently living in the Philippines so all my orders are done online. FYI the SDCC LIONO is on the TRU website. i called and ordered. Will see what i get... but so far TRU has been right on with what i ordered. I also ordered some Action Figures from KMART, received them all too enjoy the hunting!
Riono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:31 AM   #31
Ryndur
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Did you actually say that there was supposed to be a new toyline out?

Did this employee think you were so stupid that you wouldn't know it was a toyline from the 80's?

Like you fell asleep in 1987 and just woke up today or something? What a jerky thing to say.
Yeah, sadly I had to say that there was a toy line coming out. The guy was a complete dolt. He talked to me like I was an idiot for even asking.

I had to go back that day to get some school supplies for my kids, and he was still there. My wife was asking me questions about some of the things we need and they guy came up to us and asked if we needed help finding anything. I looked at my wife and I was "don't ask him, whatever you do........chances are it's not on the market yet, what ever it is." She thought I was kidding. I left her to check out some of the isle a cart couldn't fit through. She came bacck a few minutes later and said " I asked him were the composition books were, because he was holding 2 of them in his hands to put them up, and he said they don't sell them there." Needless to say, we are going to a different wal-mart from now on. :S
Old 08-15-2011, 08:36 AM   #32
Ryndur
Thunder Kitty
sorry double post :S computer was acting wonky this morning. :s

Last edited by Ryndur; 08-15-2011 at 03:25 PM..
Old 08-15-2011, 11:43 PM   #33
Mintcondition
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryndur View Post
Yeah, sadly I had to say that there was a toy line coming out. The guy was a complete dolt. He talked to me like I was an idiot for even asking.

I had to go back that day to get some school supplies for my kids, and he was still there. My wife was asking me questions about some of the things we need and they guy came up to us and asked if we needed help finding anything. I looked at my wife and I was "don't ask him, whatever you do........chances are it's not on the market yet, what ever it is." She thought I was kidding. I left her to check out some of the isle a cart couldn't fit through. She came bacck a few minutes later and said " I asked him were the composition books were, because he was holding 2 of them in his hands to put them up, and he said they don't sell them there." Needless to say, we are going to a different wal-mart from now on. :S

Wow...you have got to be kidding me. That is just ridiculous.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:28 PM   #34
raiden225005
Thunder Kitty
I'm glad I waited on buying this stuff from toysrus. I just got pretty much everything at walmart for alot cheaper. They didn't have the tower yet but they said they got four coming in this week though.
raiden225005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 03:35 AM   #35
Mintcondition
Thunder Kitty
Raiden, which Walmart did you go to? We need locations! lol

Just letting everyone know, more Toys R Us stores are getting them in.

The Toys R Us in Dallas on Park Lane has them, the Allen Toys R Us still has a bunch, and the Irving Toys R Us has EVERYTHING (except the Tower of Omens).

I wish there was a way to call one Walmart and ask about the figures and get them to look up and see if they were at any other Walmart, but apparently they either can't or don't know how to do that.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:27 AM   #36
speedlgt
Thunder Kitty
glad to see we are finding these!

in houston I have seen the toys rus seem to be habing them but they go really fast! the tank seems to be hanging around though. I have yet to see them at a walmart or target ANd I am wondering if or why thundercats doesnt get a big end cap display with a serious amount of product? the RUS stores look like they only open one box of stuff as it comes in
Old 08-17-2011, 10:30 PM   #37
raiden225005
Thunder Kitty
Oops my bad, I found them at the walmart at Potranco in San antonio.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:16 PM   #38
tgbobafett
Thunder Kitty
I called TrU in Tyler and they FINALLY answered the damn phone and apparently they have thundercats now so i may go check them out tomorrow!!
Old 08-20-2011, 04:50 PM   #39
tgbobafett
Thunder Kitty
So i went to TrU in Tyler today to check out the new thundercats toys and they had very little shelf space!! Not to impressed with what i see right now......seems like the only ones worth buying are the 12" ones i think they are and i didn't want to pay $18 a piece for them either heh is walmart or target gonna get the new figures eventually??
Old 08-20-2011, 06:57 PM   #40
tgbobafett
Thunder Kitty
Here's all the TrU in Tyler has as far as Thundercats is concerned. What does everyone elses TrU Thundercats section look like?

Old 08-20-2011, 10:15 PM   #41
raiden225005
Thunder Kitty
I went by the walmart at austin highway and thundercats was not part of the reset. I asked one of the ladies working there if they were gonna carry them and she kinda flipped out a little. She said she was up all night doing the reset and if they aren't there they ain't carrying them so don't ask haha. She told me to come back after Christmas.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:55 AM   #42
tgbobafett
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiden225005 View Post
I went by the walmart at austin highway and thundercats was not part of the reset. I asked one of the ladies working there if they were gonna carry them and she kinda flipped out a little. She said she was up all night doing the reset and if they aren't there they ain't carrying them so don't ask haha. She told me to come back after Christmas.
Another walmart fail lol
Old 08-21-2011, 10:29 AM   #43
Mintcondition
Thunder Kitty
Where I live (the Dallas area, Garland specifically) all of the TRU's have Thundercats in that I know of.

I went to a Walmart in Garland and they had everything Thundercats related as well, including a price tag for the playset ($40) but they didn't actually have the playset unfortunately.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:25 PM   #44
tgbobafett
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Where I live (the Dallas area, Garland specifically) all of the TRU's have Thundercats in that I know of.

I went to a Walmart in Garland and they had everything Thundercats related as well, including a price tag for the playset ($40) but they didn't actually have the playset unfortunately.
How much are their figures and ThunderTank?
Old 08-22-2011, 02:34 AM   #45
Mintcondition
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbobafett View Post
How much are their figures and ThunderTank?
4 inch are $7.99, the 6 inch are $14.99 and the 8 inch are $16.99. The Thundertank is $30.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:11 AM   #46
Batmanisaninja
Thunder Kitty
No walmarts in nw Houston nor the walmart at i10 and the beltway near mem city. No targets in nw either. Anyone else find them at target or walmart in Houston?
Old 08-22-2011, 09:17 AM   #47
tgbobafett
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
4 inch are $7.99, the 6 inch are $14.99 and the 8 inch are $16.99. The Thundertank is $30.
Oh ok so about the same as TrU then eh?
Old 08-23-2011, 02:34 AM   #48
Mintcondition
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbobafett View Post
Oh ok so about the same as TrU then eh?
Actually at WM the 4 inch figures are $6.97 so a dollar less than TRU.

Everything at WM is MUCH less than TRU.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:41 PM   #49
WilyKitKat
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Actually at WM the 4 inch figures are $6.97 so a dollar less than TRU.

Everything at WM is MUCH less than TRU.
Yea, I ended up taking what I bought back to TRU and ended up saving $16 by buying them at Wal Mart. ~ Which bought my kids some more 4" figures at Wal Mart!
WilyKitKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:49 AM   #50
Batmanisaninja
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilyKitKat View Post
Yea, I ended up taking what I bought back to TRU and ended up saving $16 by buying them at Wal Mart. ~ Which bought my kids some more 4" figures at Wal Mart!
Are you finding them at walmarts in Houston by chance?