TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 12-02-2012, 01:10 AM   #1
princeshoko
Thunder Kitty
Just ordered the Panthro, Lion-O, and Mumm-ra 2 pack from Mezco.

Does anyone know if they stand pretty well on their own or should i look into a solid stand like i have for teh 6inch figures that didnt stand to well own their own.
princeshoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:52 PM   #2
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by princeshoko View Post
Just ordered the Panthro, Lion-O, and Mumm-ra 2 pack from Mezco.

Does anyone know if they stand pretty well on their own or should i look into a solid stand like i have for teh 6inch figures that didnt stand to well own their own.
I have Lion-O and Mumm-Ra and they stand well on their own as long as you pose them well. It limits the posing options, but you can make them very stable.
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:42 PM   #3
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishw View Post
I have Lion-O and Mumm-Ra and they stand well on their own as long as you pose them well. It limits the posing options, but you can make them very stable.
Second this. I had them sitting on a cabinet and even gently shaking it does not cause them to fall.
adssse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:35 PM   #4
princeshoko
Thunder Kitty
I'm pretty happy with them now that i have them in my display case. Anyone know how long between each it was before mezco announced? I know Panthro was the latest which was what September?

Just hoping to see more of the large ones coming.
princeshoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:33 PM   #5
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by princeshoko View Post
Just hoping to see more of the large ones coming.
I agree. I am really hoping to see either Tygra or Cheetara!
Old 12-15-2012, 09:39 AM   #6
McSoundwave
Thundercat Ho
I'm really hoping this line continues. Each of Mezco's mega-scale releases thus far have been VERY impressive. Seriously, no one here knows of any news regarding their next move!?!

McSoundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:09 PM   #7
wes2882
Thunder Kitty
Hey guys!

I am also a really big fan of these, and aside from Minimates, they are the only T-cats stuff I really have to look forward to now... After Bandai, Hard Heroes and several others were not able to make the entire team, I have really high hopes that these guys will. I need at LEAST Tygra and Cheetara! One of them should also come with Snarf. Then if the Mutants, Thunderkittens and New Thundercats came too....That would also be just fine.

The sculptor who does these is on DeviantArt, so I have sent him a message or two since the line began, just telling him how great I think they are and how I hope they continue. The artist (who I'm sure is not allowed to really divulge any specific info or plans) said that they have been selling well, and he thinks the line will continue, maybe with something new at Toy Fair. None of that is a confirmation of anything, but that's just what he seemed to think might happen since the line has been doing well. I really hope this is the case!

Wes
wes2882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:13 PM   #8
Captain C83
Thunder Kitty
I just got Mumm-Ra for my birthday. He's pretty awesome. I don't own any others though so I'm going to display him on my dresser looming over my 6" classics Lion-o
Captain C83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:11 PM   #9
Captn Cracka
Thunder Kitty
This line has been confirmed to be continuing by the Mezco toy Media Manager. We will be seeing more info closer to Toy Fair 2013
Captn Cracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:47 PM   #10
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captn Cracka View Post
This line has been confirmed to be continuing by the Mezco toy Media Manager. We will be seeing more info closer to Toy Fair 2013
I saw this the other day. I am pretty excited about it as I am a big fan of the Mezco line!
Old 01-06-2013, 10:42 AM   #11
wes2882
Thunder Kitty
This is awesome news! Where did you guys see this? Bring on Cheetara and Tygra...at least!
Wes
Old 01-06-2013, 02:17 PM   #12
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wes2882 View Post
This is awesome news! Where did you guys see this? Bring on Cheetara and Tygra...at least!
Wes
Hmmm, I dont remember where I saw this. In fact I may not have "seen" it at all. I may have heard it on the latest ThundercatsNow podcast. Maybe Cracka can confirm/deny this?
Old 01-06-2013, 06:39 PM   #13
Captn Cracka
Thunder Kitty
It was posted of the "Save Thundercats" Campaign facebook page (www.facebook.com/SaveThundercats). They spoke to the Mezco Toyz Media Manager that confirmed plans to continue the line is 2013. More information is going to be released closer to Toy Fair 2013.
Captn Cracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #14
wes2882
Thunder Kitty
Thanks! I found it after I saw your reply. I posted earlier that I had heard very promising (but unofficial) things from the sculptor of these, but this is much more official! I hope they will continue the exclusives too! Maybe an invisible Tygra exclusive that comes with a Snarf, or he could come with a kittens two-pack....There are many possibilities! First and foremost though, I want them to make Cheetara and Tygra before anything happens!
Wes
Old 01-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #15
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captn Cracka View Post
It was posted of the "Save Thundercats" Campaign facebook page (www.facebook.com/SaveThundercats). They spoke to the Mezco Toyz Media Manager that confirmed plans to continue the line is 2013. More information is going to be released closer to Toy Fair 2013.
Thanks! Got confused after reading/listening to so many things...
Old 01-07-2013, 10:54 AM   #16
McSoundwave
Thundercat Ho
This is precisely the news I wanted to hear! Yes, yes y'all! Bring 'em on Mezco!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:05 AM   #17
Carnivac
Thunder Kitty
Any chance they could do a 6 inch range?
Carnivac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #18
kickingbird
Dark Chocolate Thunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivac View Post
Any chance they could do a 6 inch range?
As much as I hate the price point we can expect from Mattel, I'd rather see them get the license for a 6 inch line than any other company.

They did an awesome job with the He-man line, and I'm sure it would be the same if they got the license for TC.
kickingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:37 PM   #19
Carnivac
Thunder Kitty
Yeah, I've seen some of those MOTU Classics. They show a hell of a lot of love and work gone into those to please the fans and the range of figures is amazing too. I don't even like He-Man that much and even I've been thinking "damn that figure would look cool on my shelf" on many an occasion after browsing through reviews of them. Certainly if Mattel were a bit more price & consumer friendly I would definitely want them to take on the ThunderCats. I just wish some company with some talent and intelligence would. I really do like my 8 inch Lion-O and Tygra and my 6 inch Lion-O and Mumm-Ra but it's clear Bandai had no sense after these two false starts to a modern figure collection of the original 'Cats I would so be willing to hand over my money for.
Carnivac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:30 AM   #20
McSoundwave
Thundercat Ho
I started a new thread in "news and rumors" to showcase this because...well...I felt it deserved such. No matter, I figured I'd drop a post in here also since it's apropos. Good news people! I'm stoked.

Mega Scale Thundercats - 14" Cheetara - Thundercats (2011) Figures

Catch her if you can!