TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Litter Box - Off Topic > Toys
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #1301
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: DESTRO @ HissTank.com

Quote:
With JoeCon 2012 quickly approaching, the GIJOE Collectors Club have posted up the Brochure for New Orleans! We have taken the time to point out some highlights, but we highly recommend following the link at the bottom of the story, to read the full Brochure for New Orleans.

The American Hero’s Package $345 - 25th Anniversary Styled 3 3/4” convention 15 figure set The Oktober Guard - Operation Bear Trap!

The General’s Package $315 - Adventure Team Heavy Weapons: Last Man Standing boxed set

AH Golden Ticket (limited to 75 packages) Cost is an additional $300 added to American Hero’s or General’s packages (i.e. GIJCC Member Prices: AH Golden Ticket total $645, Gen Golden Ticket total $615). You must be a GIJCC Member for this upgrade.

The Oktober Guard - Operation Bear Trap is an edition of only 600 sets and the AT Heavy Weapons Last Man Standing is limited to only 250 sets!

G.I. Joe: Retaliation Private Screening

Share the experience of seeing G.I. Joe on the big screen with other die-hard G.I. Joe fans and join us Friday morning for a screening of G.I. Joe: Retaliation! We will be departing at 9:30 am for our 10:30 exclusive JoeCon screening at a local movie theater. Show your G.I. Joe pride by wearing your Ninja or other G.I. Joe character costume to the screening, as we prepare to invade New Orleans! Cost includes movie and transportation to and from the theater. Attendees will also receive a full-size G.I. Joe: Retaliation movie poster from Paramount Pictures.
Cost is $29.

G.I. Joe Customizing Class

Want to learn how to customize your G.I. Joe figures? Sign up for the customizing class taught by Hasbro designer, John Warden! This one day class (Thursday, 9 am-5 pm) will teach you beginning and intermediate techniques for customizing Hasbro’s 25th Anniversary style figures. Class is limited to 30 participants.
Cost is $65.

Please READ the complete JoeCon 2012 Brochure for New Orleans here!
Original Source: JoeCon 2012 Brochure New Orleans - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:20 PM   #1302
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: BCYOJOE @ HissTank.com

Quote:
An image of Cobra Commander from G. I. Joe: Retaliation has been posted at Cobra Special Forces Facebook Page.

G. I. Joe: Retaliation opening June 29 with a rocking a great cast that includes Dwayne Johnson, Adrianne Palicki, Channing Tatum, Walton Goggins, Ray Park, Byung-hun Lee, Elodie Yung, RZA, Ray Stevenson, D.J. Cotrona and Directed by Jon Chu.
Original Source: New G. I. Joe: Retaliation Cobra Commander Image - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-14-2012, 02:00 PM   #1303
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Thanks to eBay seller viperskingdom for posting up Carded images of upcoming wave 2 GIJOE Retaliation Firefly movie toy. With just 14 days left until the official launch of the GIJOE Retaliation Toys, many new sightings have been posted up, make sure to check back often for more updates.

More GIJOE Retaliation Images after the jump.

G.I. Joe 2012 Retaliation Firefly wave 2 only one box in hand | eBay
Original Source: GIJOE Retaliation Firefly Carded Wave 2 Movie Toys - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-14-2012, 03:11 PM   #1304
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The GIJOE Collectors Club has posted up the ninth figure from the 2012 GIJOE Con Box Set, OKTOBER GUARD GENERAL: IRON BEAR

- 25th Anniverary Style Action Figure
- Oktober Guard NEW Character
- NEW Head sculpt with a
removable officers hat
- Includes Stand, General's baton,
Assault rifle with removable drum,
and Combat knife

(Note: Photo depicts prototype and final product may slightly differ.)

More JoeCon 2012 Images after the jump.
Original Source: GIJOE 25th Anniversary Style OKTOBER GUARD GENERAL: IRON BEAR - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-14-2012, 11:11 PM   #1305
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: Shin Densetsu @ HissTank.com

Quote:
We now have an image of the SDCC 2012 Exclusive Kimi Arashikage Jinx figure! No not just any Jinx, we've got an image of the version most fans want, a modernized take on the classic A Real American Hero Jinx design! This image comes your way thanks to HissTank boards member Fire_Fly, click the thumbnail for a closer look!
Original Source: SDCC Kimi Arashikage Jinx Image - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-15-2012, 11:20 AM   #1306
ThundeRSS

Quote:
From the GI Joe Special Forces Facebook page, we now have an image of the GI Joe Retaliation HISS TANK. Note that it's missing the canopy and possibly some other parts. We haven't seen very much of this onscreen yet, click on the thumbnail for a closer look!
Original Source: New Image Of HISS TANK From GI Joe Retaliation - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-15-2012, 02:00 PM   #1307
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: TTT @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Your fellow HISS tanker Raginspoon made this custom overweight Cobra Trooper.

"Cobra has gotten really relaxed in its fitness program.
Here is my over weight cobra soldier. He prefers to stay sitting in his chair."

Click the Discuss button for all the pics & details.
Original Source: Custom Overweight Cobra Trooper - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-15-2012, 04:00 PM   #1308
ThundeRSS

Quote:
When Croc Master died in the original run of GI Joe A Real American Hero by Marvel Comics, the wife of HissTank boards member yeti76 became quite concerned. No, not for how Croc Master met his demise, but for his crocodiles. Yeti76's wife wasn't just concerned, she was so concerned in fact, that she wrote a letter to Larry Hama, to which he gave a hand written response.

This letter has now been framed. Click on the thumbnail to read the letter and the response for yourself!
Original Source: Larry Hama Discusses The Fate Of Croc Master's Crocodiles - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-15-2012, 08:20 PM   #1309
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The GIJOE Collectors Club has posted up the ninth figure from the 2012 GIJOE Con Box Set, OKTOBER GUARD HEAVY WEAPONS: HORROR SHOW

- 25th Anniverary Style Action Figure
- Based on a Fan Favorite Character
- NEW Head sculpt
- Includes Stand, Assault Rifle, RPG,
Two Rockets and Backpack

(Note: Photo depicts prototype and final product may slightly differ.)

More JoeCon 2012 Images after the jump.

OKTOBER GUARD HEAVY WEAPONS: HORROR SHOW
Original Source: GIJOE 25th Anniversary Style OKTOBER GUARD HEAVY WEAPONS: HORROR SHOW - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-16-2012, 06:40 PM   #1310
ThundeRSS

Quote:
G.I. JOE: SPECIAL OPS is the first-ever online social game based on the iconic G.I. JOE brand. In this arena-based combat title, players can join either the G.I. JOE team or the villainous COBRA organization, accessing a huge catalogue of iconic heroes and villains along with spectacular weapons and vehicles. An epic battle will rage in the game's arenas as iconic commandos and their minions struggling for control and to claim victory for their side.

G.I. JOE: SPECIAL OPS will be released under the Syfy Games banner and debut in June on Facebook and Syfy.com.
  • Lady Jaye
  • Cobra Viper
  • Cobra Commander

G.I. JOE: SPECIAL OPS | Syfy Games Facebook
Original Source: GIJOE Special OPS Update Lady Jaye and Cobra Viper - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-16-2012, 10:10 PM   #1311
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Official Hasbro G. I. Joe Website has been updated for G. I. Joe: Retaliation for the second time.

The site has removed the preview items that were previously there and replaced them with a link to Hasbro Toy Shop, where you can take a look at the G. I. Joe: Retaliation Product Line Information including the Packaging and Bios.

Here's the H.I.S.S. Tank Vehicle with COBRA COMMANDER Bio:

"This tough, armored H.I.S.S Tank vehicle will take your G.I. JOE adventures to the next level! Your COBRA COMMANDER figure stands in the rotating gun turret on this intense combat vehicle, where he can fire the rotating gatling cannon at those who block his path. When the moment is right for a terrifying attack, the vehicle rises up for cobra strike lift action! Will G.I. JOE and his allies (other figures sold separately) be able to handle the assaults of your COBRA COMMANDER figure in his H.I.S.S. Tank vehicle? Let the mayhem begin! This menacing H.I.S.S. Tank vehicle has a spinning gatling cannon and a rotating gun turret! Open the canopy to put your COBRA COMMANDER figure inside. Load the missiles in the launcher to fire. Vehicle rises up like a striking snake!"
Original Source: New Update For Official Hasbro G. I. Joe Website - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-16-2012, 10:50 PM   #1312
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Amazon is now listing Aerosmith’s Legendary Child up for Digital Download. The song will be available on 29th May and is a part of the soundtrack for G. I. Joe : Retaliation.

Product Details
  • Original Release Date: May 29, 2012
  • Label: Columbia
  • Copyright: (P) 2012 Columbia Records, a Division of Sony Music Entertainment
  • Duration: 4:15 minutes
  • Genres: Pop
  • ASIN: B0083L3VNG
Original Source: G. I. Joe: Retaliation Soundtrack's Legendary Child Releasing Soon - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-17-2012, 01:51 AM   #1313
ThundeRSS

Quote:
More GI Joe Retaliation International Posters have been turning up recently. Now we are able to see the Russian poster, thanks to HissTank boards member TheGabrielAngel! Interestingly enough, the Cobra helicopter shown in the background to the left, resembles the Retaliator from a distance.

Click on the thumbnail to take a closer look at the GI Joe Retaliation Russian Poster!
Original Source: GI Joe Retaliation Russian Poster - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-17-2012, 01:51 AM   #1314
ThundeRSS

Quote:
From the Cobra Special Forces Facebook page comes a new image of "swift, silent, and deadly," Cobra Troopers! Many of you have noticed that the GI Joe Retaliation Cobra Trooper figure is substantially different from what we're seeing here. Do you want to see movie accurate Cobra Troopers in a later wave of the GI Joe Retaliation Toy Line? Click on the thumbnail for a closer look at the newest image.
Original Source: Swift, Silent, And Deadly Cobra Troopers - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-18-2012, 12:22 AM   #1315
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Comingsoon.net has posted their exclusive interviews with the following members from GI Joe Retaliation:
  • Jon Chu
  • DJ Cotrona
  • The Rock
  • Adrianne Palicki
The 4 talk about growing up with GI Joe, what they wanted to see with their interpretation of the mythos, and what to expect. The Rock does say that Roadblock does not have a visible Arashikage tattoo in the movie(unlike the Retaliation Roadblock toy). Check out the video below:
Original Source: More GI Joe Retaliation Interviews With Jon Chu, The Rock, DJ Cotrona, And Adrianne Palicki - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-18-2012, 08:10 AM   #1316
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Thanks to ACTOYS.net boards member ni wei liang for posting up the first carded images of the upcoming San Diego Comic Con SDCC 2012 Kim Arashikage, GIJOE Retaliation version and 25th Anniversary Styled Modern Era Jinx.

Check out the SDCC 2012 Jinx AKA Kim Arashikage images after the jump.
Original Source: San Diego Comic Con SDCC 2012 Jinx AKA Kim Arashikage - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-18-2012, 11:40 AM   #1317
ThundeRSS

Quote:

Sideshow Collectibles is proud to present the Snake Eyes and Timber Sixth Scale Figure set. Featuring a detailed TAD Gear costume and a full arsenal of weaponry, the famed G.I.Joe Commando is joined by his indispensable companion Timber in this exceptional figure set.
The Snake Eyes and Timber Sixth Scale Figure features:

The Snake Eyes and Timber Sixth Scale Figure features:

• Timber - Fully Posable with 12 points of articulation
  • Two Snake Eyes Portraits - one with visor, one with goggles
  • Detailed costume includes a TAD Gear Messenger Bag, Commando Sweater, and other new fabric elements
  • Uzi
  • XCR PDW Rifle
  • Snake Eyes - Prometheus Body - Muscular Arm Version with 16 points of articulation
  • MP-SMG
  • Grenade Launcher with multiple grenades
  • Assortment of switch-out hands
  • Pistol and Holster
  • Daito Sword
  • Scabbard

Original Source: Snake Eyes and Timber SideShow Exclusive Still Available For Pre-Order - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-18-2012, 11:40 AM   #1318
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The GIJOE Collectors Club has posted up images of the upcoming Last Man Standing 12" JoeCon 2012 Exclusive. The Adventure Team Heavy Weapons box set will hold 2 figures.

International G.I. Joe Collectors' Convention - GIJoeCon 2012!
Original Source: GIJOE Adventure Team Mummy Images JoeCon 2012 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #1319
ThundeRSS

Quote:
After a long week of fans waiting around for JoeCon Registration, we get word at the end of the day, that registration is not going up today, but rather Monday. The GIJOE Club has sent out this email to Club members.

"Hello all!

Well, once again I have to tell you registration is not going to be up today, or until at least Monday, so don't worry about checking this weekend.

I apologize for the delay. We have to ensure that this works correctly. I assure you, I am more upset than you are. Hopefully online Monday, there are still a couple of minor issues that must be corrected.

I will tell you that the system has a new feature. It now has a customer account screen where you can see your invoice, the invoice status and all of the emails that are sent to you from the registration system. This will include show updates, along with your package pick-up information. So, if everyone else is getting an email and you are not, you can just log in and retrieve the information.

We will get this done and I know we are coming to the edge in terms of airfare discounts. Just as a side note, we don't book staff airfare until about 4 weeks out as this is generally the cheapest you can get it.

Thanks for your patience.

See you in NOLA!

Brian"

Sound off on the HISSTank forums by clicking the discuss button.
Original Source: JoeCon 2012 Registration No Go! - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-18-2012, 08:11 PM   #1320
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Itching to see how the latest take on the Cobra Water Moccasin turned out? We now have images of the retooled 25th Anniversary Sting Raider, the Cobra Fangboat with Swamp Viper, for the GI Joe Retaliation Toyline! HissTank boards member tycondrius just got his in the mail and has posted images for all of us to see. Check them out after the jump!
Original Source: Cobra Fangboat In Hand Images - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-18-2012, 08:50 PM   #1321
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Entertainment Earth has posted a new image of GI Joe Retaliation Wave 2, featuring:In addition, the following figures are carried over from wave 1:Click on the thumbnail for a closer look.
Original Source: New Images Of GI Joe Retaliation Wave 2 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-18-2012, 08:50 PM   #1322
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Here's a review that maybe some of you weren't expecting. HissTank boards member This I Command! has posted a review for the Snake Eyes driver figure that comes with the Ninja Commando 4x4. This figure features the bare minimum of articulation. Read on to check out how this figure turned out.
Original Source: GI Joe Retaliation Ninja Commando 4x4 Snake Eyes Review - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-18-2012, 10:52 PM   #1323
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Your fellow HISS tanker AirborneRigger made this custom G.I. Joe Modern Ripcord.

"Here's my update for Ripcord! Fully decked out in all his HALO glory!
This is also my first attempt at Tiger Stripe camo, thanks to Cloud Strife for the tutorials !
Parts List:
Head, helmet/goggles: PoC Dusty
Torso, arms: Cobra Shock Trooper/30th Steel Brigade
Legs, parachute, harness, HALO helmet, pistol and silencer, vest: Renegades Ripcord
Rucksack, rifle: PoC Jungle Duke
Scarf: Renegades Tunnel Rat
Rifle sling: LEGO micro canvas"

Original Source: Custom G.I. Joe Modern Ripcord - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-19-2012, 07:50 PM   #1324
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Jon Chu posted a new photo of G. I. Joe: Retaliation Cobra Commander on Instagram.

"At the Cobra... Cobra Commander!" (sung to the Copacabana song)"

However, if you look closely, the back of the Helmet and the coat he's wearing is slightly different from the shots of Cobra Commander we've seen on Trailers. Almost look like a movie accurate toy actually. Nah!... couldn't be. A comparison image is added after the jump.
Original Source: At The Cobra... Cobra Commander! - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-21-2012, 08:21 AM   #1325
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: C.I.A.D. @ HissTank.com

Quote:
HissTank.com wants to start your week off the right way...with an Ages 25 & Up SUPER SIZED DOUBLE ISSUE EXTRAVAGANZA! Chase away those Monday blues with not one, but TWO issues of everyones favorite 3 & 3/4 Modern Army Comic!

In issue 189, entitled Keep The Tiara On, heads will roll when Cobra grunts... work?! Numbers assumes no responsibility for any childhoods that might be ruined by this week's comic.

Then, in issue 190 entitled Tanked, Steeler tries to sweep Cover Girl off her feet. Good thing her tank's tracks will keep her firmly rooted on solid ground!

Make sure to join us after the jump for discussion already in progress and to chat with the creator of A25&U, Numbers!
Original Source: Ages 25 & Up Super Sized Double Issue Extravaganza! - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-22-2012, 12:20 PM   #1326
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The Weapon of Mass Seduction "Adrianne Palicki" who will plays Lady Jaye in the upcoming summer blockbuster movie GIJOE Retaliation has scored the June 2012 cover of Maxim!

On her favorite gun:
"An AK is kind of great, but I like the Glock. It's simple because it's easy to change the cartridge, so you look like the biggest bada** with it. Plus, you can hold it sideways!"

More images of Adrianne Palicki AKA Lady Jaye after the jump.
Original Source: Adrianne Palicki Maxim June 2012 Cover G.I. Joe: Retaliation - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-22-2012, 01:30 PM   #1327
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Tomorrow, Wednesday May 23rd 2012 brings us a new issue of Cobra by IDW Publishing and we've got a preview!

Cobra #13
A NEW ERA BEGINS HERE! The critically-acclaimed COBRA series enters a new era! With the JOEs fragmented, somebody's got to handle the dirty work. Who will it be? Find out here! When G.I. JOE goes underground, the world will never be the same!

Read on to preview this new issue!
Original Source: IDW Cobra #13 Preview - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-22-2012, 01:30 PM   #1328
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Mr. Henry Jackman is hard at work for the G. I. Joe: Retaliation Score. Here’s a pic from director Jon Chu at the recording session.

“Scoring session with the epic Henry Jackman and an army of strings!! Holy Cobra!”

Henry Pryce Jackman is a professional when it comes to movie scores and had his hands on various movies such as "The Da Vinci Code", "Kick-Ass", "Hancock" and "The Dark Knight”,
Original Source: G. I. Joe: Retaliation Score Update - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-23-2012, 03:51 PM   #1329
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Blu-Ray.com is now listing G. I. Joe: Retaliation for a mid-September release on Blu-Ray.

According to the site, the Home Release of the upcoming movie is to happen on September 18th, 2012. We are yet to hear more info regarding the release.
Original Source: G. I. Joe: Retaliation Home Release Has A Release Date - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-23-2012, 04:21 PM   #1330
ThundeRSS

Quote:
PAWTUCKET, R.I., May 23, 2012 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Hasbro, Inc HAS +0.52% , and Paramount Pictures, announced today that G.I. JOE: RETALIATION will now be released in 3D. The film, originally slated for release in June 2012, is scheduled to be released March 29, 2013.

"It is increasingly evident that 3D resonates with movie-goers globally and together with Paramount, we made the decision to bring fans an even more immersive entertainment experience," said Brian Goldner, Hasbro's President and CEO.

"In 2012, we continue to have several strong motion picture and television entertainment backed properties that are selling well at retail and our entertainment strategy remains strong and on-track," Goldner said. "Through our own Hasbro Studios for television and in partnership with several movie studios including Paramount, Universal, Sony and Relativity, we are creating entertainment experiences around many of our highly popular iconic brands. For the full year 2012, we continue to believe, absent the impact of foreign exchange, we will again grow revenues and earnings per share."
Original Source: G.I. JOE: RETALIATION PUSHED BACK FOR 3D MARCH 29 2013 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-23-2012, 09:50 PM   #1331
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Thanks to Tony Preto of Tempting Toys fame for sending over word of a new GIJOE - Transformers cross over K.O. Joe Power Rat Cobra Rattler Powerglide Transformer. Tempting Collectibles does not have these for sale but these have hit eBay.

Powerglide Cobra K.O. Joe Rat Blue Rattler Jet Transformers G.I. Joe X-Transbot | eBay
Original Source: K.O. Joe Power Rat Cobra Rattler Powerglide Transformer - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-24-2012, 03:10 AM   #1332
ThundeRSS

Quote:
The Hollywood Reporter has posted excerpts from an interview conducted with GI Joe Retaliation director Jon Chu while at the 2012 South by Southwest Film Festival. The topic? Why Jon Chu did not film Retaliation in 3D. This makes for an interesting read, as it was announced very recently that GI Joe Retaliation is pushed back for 3D on March 29 2013.

The Hollywood Reporter: How was it decided not to shoot the film in 3D?

Jon M. Chu: There was a point where we were talking about it when I first came. It seemed like a natural thing, but I told them, “I know 3D. This is what we need. If we’re going to do 3D, we’re going to do it right.” It had a certain price tag to it, and I was like, if you guys are down I'm down, but I do need more time to do it right. And they were about to do it but they cut it just a little bit short, and [I said,] “if you guys are going to cut it short there is no point. Let’s make a movie -- let’s go for it and we’ll go all out. And we shot on film, super-35, and I thought this may be one of the last times I get to shoot on film, and it was actually kind of freeing. I mean, I love 3D and I think there is a lot you can do with it, but there is something to be said about just not waiting for anything. You’re just going. We shot so much film. I mean I think we shot 1.2 million feet of film.

Meanwhile, The Rock says(on Twitter after being asked if 3D will be worth the wait):

"It will be. Designing new scenes to enhance 3D".

However we want to know what YOU think. Are you okay with the delay until next March? Do you think Retaliation will be better in 3D and worth the wait?
Original Source: Jon Chu Explains Why GI Joe Retaliation Was Not Filmed In 3D And Rock Confirms New Enhanced Scenes - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-24-2012, 12:51 PM   #1333
ThundeRSS

Quote:
We just got word that JoeCon 2012 Attending Registration Is Now Live! It's been a long wait but it's finally over.

JoeCon 2012 Attending Registration here!

We have taken the time to point out some highlights, but we highly recommend following the link at the bottom of the story, to read the full Brochure for New Orleans.

The American Hero’s Package $345 - 25th Anniversary Styled 3 3/4” convention 15 figure set The Oktober Guard - Operation Bear Trap!

The General’s Package $315 - Adventure Team Heavy Weapons: Last Man Standing boxed set

AH Golden Ticket (limited to 75 packages) Cost is an additional $300 added to American Hero’s or General’s packages (i.e. GIJCC Member Prices: AH Golden Ticket total $645, Gen Golden Ticket total $615). You must be a GIJCC Member for this upgrade.

The Oktober Guard - Operation Bear Trap is an edition of only 600 sets and the AT Heavy Weapons Last Man Standing is limited to only 250 sets!

G.I. Joe Customizing Class

Want to learn how to customize your G.I. Joe figures? Sign up for the customizing class taught by Hasbro designer, John Warden! This one day class (Thursday, 9 am-5 pm) will teach you beginning and intermediate techniques for customizing Hasbro’s 25th Anniversary style figures. Class is limited to 30 participants.
Cost is $65.

Please READ the complete JoeCon 2012 Brochure for New Orleans here!
Original Source: JoeCon 2012 Attending Registration Is Now Live! - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-24-2012, 01:30 PM   #1334
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Your fellow HISS tanker chickenbroth made this custom Oktober Guard set.

The set includes:
Col. Brekhov, Stormavik, Daina(#1 & #2), Red Star, Lt. Gorky, Dragonsky, Volga, Scharge, Big Bear, Sgt. Misha, Wong, Horrorshow & Yuri.

Original Source: Custom Oktober Guard Set - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-24-2012, 03:21 PM   #1335
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Aerosmith premiered their brand new single "Legendary Child" by performing the song live on the season finale of American Idol on May 23rd.

This song is a part of the upcoming Jon Chu movie G. I. Joe: Retaliation on March 29th, 2013.

Below is just one of the many YouTube uploads of the song. You can grab the album from iTunes. Also, check out the Press Release for the song, after the jump.
Original Source: G. I. Joe: Retaliation Legendary Child - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-25-2012, 09:40 AM   #1336
ThundeRSS

Quote:
HISSTANK.com has just received a press release from Hasbro regarding it's G.I. Joe: Retaliation Toy Line.

G.I. Joe is an ongoing consumer franchise and therefore there is merchandise available to consumers. There is a limited amount of G.I. Joe Retaliation product at retail now, but in light of the movie moving out to March 29, 2013, the majority of the movie line will be made available early next year in time for the film’s release.

What will fill the GIJOE Toy section for the rest of the remaining year TBA?
Original Source: Hasbro's Official Statement Regarding It's G.I. Joe: Retaliation Toy Line - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-25-2012, 11:50 AM   #1337
ThundeRSS

Quote:
We got the news that GI Joe Retaliation would be pushed back for 3D to March 29 2013 recently. Following up, we just got word from Hasbro that due to the delay, while a limited amount of Retaliation product is at stores now, the majority of Retaliation toys will be made available early next year in time for the film's release. Earlier in the year(months before the delay was announced), Hasbro stated that movie accurate figures would start to appear in wave 2 since the release date of Retaliation was moved up from August to June.

So, what to do in 9 months? 9 months may be enough time for Hasbro to make movie accurate figures for release in time for the premiere of GI Joe Retaliation 3D. Hasbro has yet to reveal what else was in the works beyond what was shown at Toy Fair, but with a large catalog of existing parts, and movie toys that we have yet to see, who knows? It isn't like they would be starting from scratch, as work on the Retaliation toyline was already underway by the time we even heard about the GI Joe 30th Anniversary line.

So perhaps, just maybe, this could be a blessing in disguise. With that said, here's what we'd like to hear.....

What changes and/or improvements do you want to see made to the GI Joe Retaliation toyline by the time it returns in early 2013?

To start things off, here's things fans have wanted to see(and complained about) since the line was unveiled at Toy Fair 2012:
  • Proportionate sculpts(heads look too big for some of the bodies)
  • Driver figures with FULL articulation
  • Double jointed knees/ankles on all figures
  • Movie accurate designs(for example, Duke looks almost nothing like he does onscreen)
  • More accessories/weapons instead of ziplines/oversized missles/et,al(AKA take the Pursuit Of Cobra approach)
  • Accessories to store weapons(like Red Ninja's swords)
So here we go, let's kick off the weekend by discussing how to reinvigorate Retaliation for its retail/theater Retaliation early next year!
Original Source: DISCUSSION POINT - With A 9 Month Delay For Retaliation, What Changes Do You Want To See For Toys? - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-25-2012, 11:50 AM   #1338
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Kokomo Toys now has over 20,000 parts in nearly 5,000 separate listings on eBay as of today. This will be the first run of our vintage items for 2012 until we restock after Joe Con 2012. So, grab your parts lists and come check us out on eBay.

GIJOE Instructions: Vintage Vehicle Instructions in Kokomo Toys store on eBay!

GIJOE File Cards: Vintage GI Joe Cobra File Cards items in Kokomo Toys store on eBay!

GIJOE Figure Parts: Vintage GI Joe Cobra Parts in Kokomo Toys store on eBay!

GIJOE Vehicle Parts: Vintage GI Joe Cobra Vehicle Parts in Kokomo Toys store on eBay!
Original Source: Kokomo Toys GIJOE Retaliation Movie Toy Launch - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-25-2012, 01:10 PM   #1339
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Pete@Cobra-La has come through with the heads up that the GI Joe Collector's Club has not only announced that carded Footloose figures will be available at JoeCon 2012, but also 2 more guests:
  • Neil Ross
  • Will Ryan
NEIL ROSS voiced the characters of Dusty, Buzzer, Monkey Wrench, Wong and everyones favorite salty sailor, Shipwreck, in the G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero cartoon series and animated movie. Transformers fans know him as the voice of Hook, Slag, Bonecrusher and Springer in the Transformers animated television series and Transformers: The Movie. A veteran voice actor, he has appeared in over two thousand animated television episodes and movies. Additionally, he's voiced countless radio and television commercials and promos as well as narrating documentaries and biographies for A&E and E! Entertainment. Neil also narrated twenty-two episodes of Nova for the world of science on PBS.

His voice work has also been featured in many live action motion pictures including: Back To The Future II, Dick Tracy, Being John Malkovich and The Interpreter. His work has been heard in many hit Video Games such as Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, Metal Gear Solid, Call Of Duty, Command And Conquer and Doom 3. In 2003, Neil was the announcer for the 75th Annual Academy Awards telecast.

Don't miss this opportunity to meet Neil for autographs and hear what he has to say about his time on the G.I. Joe series during the Voice Actor Q&A’s.

WILL RYAN voiced Footloose from the original G.I. Joe cartoon series and is a versatile voice actor, or, to use a neologism of his own coining, "cineloquist". Will can be heard performing some of his many voice characterizations in thousands of television episodes and commercials, hundreds of radio episodes and some of the most popular animated films ever made. He has evidently performed more featured parts in more Academy Award-nominated animated films than any other actor. Face it; he’s everywhere!

Among Will’s many well-known voices are Tigger, Rabbit and the singing voice of Eeyore on the Disney Channel’s “Welcome to Pooh Corner” series, broadcast twice daily for 16 years. Will created the voice of the loveable pterodactyl Petrie for George Lucas and Steven Spielberg in “The Land Before Time” animated feature. He portrayed Papa Bear in “Looney Tunes: Back in Action!” He has also been featured in Spielberg’s “An American Tail” and in Disney’s “The Little Mermaid.” He voiced Goofy for Disney for three years and gave vocal life to Yosemite Sam on several occasions for Warner Bros.

Will Ryan is also a entertaining composer and lyricist. His songs have been recorded by artists as diverse as the Pointer Sisters, Patti LaBelle and Mister T on the one hand, and Donald Duck, the Cat in the Hat, Winnie the Pooh and the Muppets on the other.

Although Will’s home is the United States, he has performed and recorded throughout the world.
Original Source: Neil Ross, Will Ryan, And Carded Footloose At JoeCon 2012 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #1340
ThundeRSS

Quote:
So we have to wait 9 months to see Lady Jaye on the big screen, but not for some Lady Jaye Fan Art by the infamous Silas Zee! Silas(AKA HissTank boards member shibamura_prime) has posted his new Lady Jaye illustration in our GI Joe Fan Art Forum, click on the thumbnail for a closer look!
Original Source: Lady Jaye Illustration By Shibamura_Prime - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #1341
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Thanks to HissTank boards member nighthawk for passing along the word that GI Joe Retaliation toys are now out in Canada(nighthawk found the toys listed next at Toys R Us):

Retalliation toys are being released today in Canada and there will be NO restock until closer to movie.
Here's some tidbits:
CC is the black version
Joe Trooper has the brown helmet and cape

Prices:
Singles: $10.99 each
Dojo sets: $29.99 each
AWE Striker and Fangboat: $14.99 each
HISS and Ghosthawk: $21.99 each

Happy hunting.
Original Source: GI Joe Retaliation Toys Released In Canada - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-26-2012, 08:10 PM   #1342
ThundeRSS

Quote:
With the news of GI Joe Retaliation being pushed back to March 29 2013 followed up by Hasbro issuing a statement about the majority of the toyline being pushed back as well, comes more unsettling news. According to Variety.com, retailers are being asked to send the GI Joe Retaliation toys back to Hasbro:

"With Paramount moving the actioner from June 29 to March 29, 2013, to give it more muscle at the box office with 3D, retailers are being asked to send back the line of Hasbro toys that were starting to appear on shelves.

Some Walmart, Toys R Us and Target locations had started to stock the toys this week, although they weren't supposed to make them available until next week. Those that did wanted to get a jump on demand, and some of the 47 items that would've been sold are expected to show up on eBay at inflated prices by the end of the weekend.
"

Here's more on retailer woes:

"Still, the movie's delay is creating a headache for retailers. Because of the new line of movie-related toys, stores started to clear shelf space of existing "G.I. Joe" toys by discounting a 30th anniversary line and animated offshoot "Renegades."

Store managers contacted by Variety said that the space that was allotted for "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" will now go to "The Amazing Spider-Man" toys and "The Avengers," which is still doing brisk business -- for Hasbro.

Mangers upset by the film's nine-month delay said they weren't sure if they would order the same amount of "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" toys come March, because the summer movie season typically means bigger toy business for retailers. Hasbro isn't worried about the loss of revenue from "G.I. Joe" toy sales.
"

Interestingly enough, check out how Variety ended their article:

"Yet as it tries to keep retailers happy, Hasbro now has another problem to deal with: "G.I. Joe's" more hardcore fans, with a G.I. Joe Convention set to take place in New Orleans June 28-July 1 -- the same weekend the movie was set to open."
Original Source: Retailers Reportedly Asked To Send GI Joe Retaliation Product Back To Hasbro - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-27-2012, 04:00 PM   #1343
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Thanks to HISSTANK.com boards member Fire_Fly for pointing out an auction on eBay for the upcoming Shockwave Retaliation HISSTANK SDCC 2012 Exclusive.

Check out the auction below.
GI JOE SDCC 2012 Shockwave Retaliation HISSTANK| eBay
Original Source: SDCC 2012 Shockwave Retaliation HISSTANK Exclusive - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-28-2012, 02:11 AM   #1344
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Your fellow HISS tanker horus0129 made this custom Cobra Alley Viper.

"The skull war paints are inspired by 'The Punisher'"
TTT: Check out the shield mod ! ! !

Original Source: Custom Cobra Alley Viper - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-28-2012, 07:32 AM   #1345
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Americans around the nation take today to enjoy friends and family, remembering how much was given so we could live this day and every day in freedom. The true memorial is the nation and culture we create from their sacrifice.

May God bless our men and women protecting us today and in days past, may He comfort those who endure the pain of loss. So when peace is impossible, and our soldiers once again find themselves in harm’s way, let us remember the words of Abraham Lincoln, “Fondly do we hope, fervently do we pray, that this mighty scourge of war may speedily pass away.”
Original Source: A Meaningful Memorial Day Observance 2012 - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-28-2012, 09:30 AM   #1346
ThundeRSS
Originally posted by: C.I.A.D. @ HissTank.com

Quote:
HissTank.com is proud to present a Memorial Day installment of everyone's favorite 3 & 3/4 Modern Army Comic, Ages 25 & Up! Here's what the A25&U creator, Numbers, had to say about the latest installment entitled Holla Beaches:

It's not summer yet, but the Cobra Commander wishes it were! This week, the Head Snake catches up on some much-needed R&R.

Once you've checked out the latest issue, join us after the jump for discussion already in progress! Have a great Memorial Day, everyone!
Original Source: Ages 25 & Up #191 - Holla Beaches Now Online! - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #1347
ThundeRSS

Quote:
After spending the better part of my holiday morning hunting down GIJOE Retaliation movie toys, I think it's safe to say there is no recall on the first wave of action figures.

For the most part, stores like Target and Wal-Mart stuck to street date while TRU put out stock early. I started my hunt at the local Target and spoke with the actual Store Manager who stated that there is no such recall that he was informed of. Most stores I went into in the Gulf side of Florida (Tampa Bay) were stocking the toys this morning, including Spider-Man and Bat-Man movie toys.

The one thing that I would like to point out is that the stock of GIJOE Retaliation that I saw hitting the shelf was much smaller then I had expected. Most stores got one or two cases of single cards and were also very light on vehicles. I did not see the NINJA 3 packs. I don't think the movie being pushed back had anything to do with the stock levels that the stores had on hand, but rather the orders for the second GIJOE Movie Line are much smaller then ROC.

Bottom line is, if you want these, get them while you still can. Stock is light and who knows if we will see wave 2 before Hasbro stops shipping the product to retail.

Itching for GI Joe Retaliation toys? Our site sponsors have come through with in-stock availability for the new toys!Head on to any of our sponsors above to lock in your orders for new GI Joe Retaliation toys!
Original Source: GIJOE RETALIATION MOVIE TOY LAUNCH - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-29-2012, 11:40 AM   #1348
ThundeRSS

Quote:
It’s “Game-On” for Digital Domain as this Michael Bay owned Visual Effects company is getting ready for the 3D Post-Conversion of G. I. Joe: Retaliation.

"It stands to benefit from new visual effects production capacity and its transition towards becoming a full production animation studio," stated analysts Tony Wible in a report.

Digital Domain official site lists G. I. Joe: Retaliation is in production. The company is one of the leading VFX companies in the world with big movie names such as the Transformers series, Real Steel, X-Men: First Class and many others as its projects.
Original Source: Digital Domain To Reenter The Game For G. I. Joe: Retaliation - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-29-2012, 12:11 PM   #1349
ThundeRSS

Quote:
Get ready for more ninja action as Snake Eyes And Storm Shadow #13 is due out tomorrow, Wednesday May 30th 2012!

Snake Eyes And Storm Shadow #13
'Serpent's Shadow,' part 1! SNAKE EYES returns to Japan to re-join the Arashikage clan to team with STORM SHADOW. Their target: the new COBRA COMMANDER! Will the most dangerous JOE turn his back on his loyalties and his friends just to bring down the new COBRA leader? Only HE knows! And G.I. JOE master penciller Robert Atkins is back on art!

Read on to preview this issue!
Original Source: Snake Eyes And Storm Shadow #13 Preview - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
Old 05-29-2012, 01:21 PM   #1350
ThundeRSS

Quote:
While most of the GI Joe Retaliation toyline is pushed back until early next year, certain items are still available to order, such as GI Joe Retaliation Wave 3 from site sponsor BigBadToyStore.

GI Joe Retaliation Figures Wave 3The following figures are also carried over from previous waves:Preorder pages are here:These are estimated to arrive in August.
Original Source: GI Joe Retaliation Wave 3 Preorder At BigBadToyStore - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe