TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats News and Rumors
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2011, 01:15 PM   #1
Panthro UK
Thunder Kitty
Greetings All,

The Great new Thundercat cartoon premiere is on Saturday the 10th September on Cartoon Network.

Virgin Channel 704
Sky Channel 601

At least the wait for the cartoon isn't as long as the toys!

Have to admit, I have kept up with the cartoons from here, but I will happily watch them again.

Whoops, forgot to say it's on at 11am.

Last edited by Panthro UK; 09-05-2011 at 01:58 PM..
Panthro UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 04:58 PM   #2
crackus
Thunder Puss
good to know..though I thought this will premiere some time in december? or did I got mixed up with the toy launch? anyway thanks mate!!
crackus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:24 PM   #3
Panthro UK
Thunder Kitty
Yeah, I thought the same.

After my information from Bandai UK informing of the toy release in December, I expected the cartoon to air closer to then, but sat watching the channel with the kids and then the trailer airs.

Never know, maybe plans have changed and the UK may see the figures earlier.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:38 PM   #4
PANTHRO HOOO
Thunderian Commoner
This post is brought to you by my obsesive need to post in other panthros threads. Welcome to the new thundera UK.
PANTHRO HOOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:40 AM   #5
Grune the Destroyer
Thunder Kitty
Strangely, my system won't let me Sky+ Thundercats! I can record anything else around it (programmes before and after) but it won't respond when I press "R" for T-Cats. Anyone else having this problem?
Grune the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:22 AM   #6
Joe Moore
Administrator
Thanks for the news.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:50 AM   #7
Uncanny Madman
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grune the Destroyer View Post
Strangely, my system won't let me Sky+ Thundercats! I can record anything else around it (programmes before and after) but it won't respond when I press "R" for T-Cats. Anyone else having this problem?
I can record it but only as a single episode - it wont let me series link it :-/

Pretty disappointing that it's only one episode and not two like the pilot in the US when it launched...
Uncanny Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:03 AM   #8
Panthro UK
Thunder Kitty
I thought the same regarding the single episode, but at least we are getting it.

I have no probs recording it on Virgin, comes up for seies link as well, but it does say part of a mini series. Mind you, it's been doing that on a lot of things lately.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:48 AM   #9
megapork
Thunder Kitty
Sept 10 is coincidentally my B-Day. Wow, A lot of stuff is happening on that day. TF Prime comes back on the hub, Thundercats 2011 is on in uk, and I ave to buy my mom a gift for here b-day the next day. Busy day busy day.
megapork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:31 AM   #10
Grune the Destroyer
Thunder Kitty
Sky+ working now, but no series link.

Still can't wait. TF: prime and Thundercats in the same week? Hurrah!
Old 09-12-2011, 05:13 PM   #11
socake1
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthro UK View Post
I thought the same regarding the single episode, but at least we are getting it.

I have no probs recording it on Virgin, comes up for seies link as well, but it does say part of a mini series. Mind you, it's been doing that on a lot of things lately.
I have also managed to get a part of mini series link and when checking it in the programmed series part, it shows that there are no other planned programmes.
ALSO
When scrolling on to next Saturday 11am, a completely different programme is in the time slot.
HAve I missed something? My kids - and I - will be terribly disappointed if it is not shown again.
socake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:03 PM   #12
Ocicat
Thunder Kitty
I just made my own thread but I couldn't find a new ep today either on sky, the only one they're showing is the first one again. Anyone shed any light?
Ocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:08 AM   #13
Grune the Destroyer
Thunder Kitty
Thundercats is back on Cartoon Network tonight; Episodes 1-5 are on every night this week at 7pm.

Trying to attract some older fans?

Not sure what will happen next week - we won't get new episodes daily (as we'd overtake the US in record time) but perhaps a new weekly schedule?

I am impressed that these are being shown so close to original US transmission. Remember, it took us over five years to get some of the old Thundercats episodes from the 1980s! (broadcast in 1985 in the US; later season one episodes didn't get their UK premiere until 1990!)
Old 10-31-2011, 11:15 AM   #14
Ocicat
Thunder Kitty
I was enjoying having a new ep each week on a Saturday morning just like the old days, I just hope they continue to show the eps, we aren't that far behind.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:08 AM   #15
Grune the Destroyer
Thunder Kitty
Just in any case you weren't paying attention, Cartoon Network have now shown up to episode #8 of the series. Unless they go back to the beginning, tonight should be episode #9 "Berbils", which puts us only one episode behind the States!
Old 11-13-2011, 11:20 AM   #16
Ocicat
Thunder Kitty
I caught episodes journey to the tower of omens which I thought was really good, it reminded me of the tower of traps from the original show, I also caught the Duelist and the drifter which I thought was also very good, I've not seen legacy yet though, but I'm really enjoying the show.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:59 AM   #17
Grune the Destroyer
Thunder Kitty
Episode #10 shown on Friday so we are now just ONE episode behind the States! A minor miracle, but an awesome one. I can't believe we'd get episode #11 - which aired in the States just a couple of days ago - tonight, but Thundercats is scheduled for 7pm. Episode #11? A rerun of Episode #1? We'll find out!

Heh. I'd be rather amused if episodes #12-15 got their world premier in the UK over this week!! :-) (I know, wouldn't happen, but can you imagine the rage from across the pond!)
Old 12-09-2011, 09:36 AM   #18
Grune the Destroyer
Thunder Kitty
For those of you UK fans without access to Cartoon Network -

Thundercats is coming to Channel 5!

According to the Christmas Radio Times, the first 12 episodes will be shown from w/c
19th December. They will be shown daily on Channel 5, around 10.00am.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:54 PM   #19
locustreign
E-R-E-C-T-O-R
I'm not massively convinced Channel 5 is a better option, hehe.
locustreign is offline   Reply With Quote