TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 07-28-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
Mongor
You got red on you.
My Storm Charger arrived today thus completing my modern Thundercats collection.
While I like the Storm Charger I can honestly say it's not worth the money. Not even close. It's a nice display piece though.
Now when I look at the finished collection I feel only a handful were worth the price even though I have a fondness for them all.
I guess it was all about the thrill of the hunt for me and now that it's finished I feel a little sad, like I just lost a fun hobby or something.
Maybe just as well (and just in time). I just rescued a Pit Bull/Boxer and have a feeling that toy money I was spending is gonna be very needed for all the food this guy is gonna eat.
Anyways, who else here (if any) feel almost instantly disappointed when your long searched for item finally arrives? Just for the realization that it's over.
Mongor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #2
princeshoko
Thunder Kitty
i'll let ya know when it happens for me, All i need now is a Deluxe Slythe and im 100%, and here i thought the storm charger would of been the one left.
princeshoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:42 PM   #3
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
Pics or it didn't happen.
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:06 AM   #4
THUNDER JEDI
Thunderian Commoner
I was confused when the classics line changed scale, but now I'm pissed that it ended along with the modern line. I found that collecting Thundercats stuff from Mezco and Dimond select(the large scale figures and the new minimates) has helped deal with the end of Bandai's line.
THUNDER JEDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:26 AM   #5
test
You don't stand a chance
Mine is complete apart from that blasted slithe figure..... i even have the grune variant and a few protos/test shots ..... Im kind of glad my hunt is over as i can now focus on more vintage figures and the new products from sdcc. If I see slithe come up at a reasonable price I will leap on it ... but im not paying 70 pounds for one on ebay lol
test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:06 AM   #6
Mongor
You got red on you.
Entertainment Earth and Nerdcupoia are the best bets for getting Slithe. Test, I know you're in the U.K. I'll be more than happy to help you with it if you ever need, but the shipping is the killer though. Hopefully he turns up in the U.K. soon. Indycat, you really gonna make me put out a table and put all this Bandai crap together? lol
Old 07-29-2012, 11:52 AM   #7
princeshoko
Thunder Kitty
had my order in at EE for slythe for 2 weeks, still waiting to see if they'll come back in stock.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #8
Mongor
You got red on you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by princeshoko View Post
had my order in at EE for slythe for 2 weeks, still waiting to see if they'll come back in stock.
I'm sure they will. Just be patient. They have gotten quite a few shipments of him already so chances are good.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:03 PM   #9
grune7
Thunder Kitty
I got my Slythe from BBTS a week or 2 ago which finished me up, I even ended up getting the stuff I initially passed on like the deluxe Lion-O, and Tygra, and Wave 2 Mum-Ra. The only things I don't have yet is the role play weapons.
grune7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:30 AM   #10
test
You don't stand a chance
Thanks mongor .. but yeah, the shipping is the killer in that scenario and by the time its all added up it would probably still come to around 50-70 quid lol
I think my best bet is to hold out for midco to get a shipment as they seem to have the rest of the wave 2 stuff now. or failing that maybe prices will come down eventually (like we've seen with tygra) ...... fingers crossed lol
test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:26 AM   #11
Mongor
You got red on you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by test View Post
Thanks mongor .. but yeah, the shipping is the killer in that scenario and by the time its all added up it would probably still come to around 50-70 quid lol
I think my best bet is to hold out for midco to get a shipment as they seem to have the rest of the wave 2 stuff now. or failing that maybe prices will come down eventually (like we've seen with tygra) ...... fingers crossed lol
According to a posting on Thundercats Now Message board, they are already starting to hit clearance in the U.K.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:52 PM   #12
MacheteSquadSteve
Thunder Kitty
Just got my notice from EE that my preorder for slythe was cancelled with this explanation (see below):

We have been notified by the manufacturer that we will not be receiving any additional shipments of ThunderCats 4-Inch Deluxe Action Figure Wave 2 Rev. 1 Set, (Item
BA33030B11), because they have discontinued production of this item at
this point in time.

PS.. Did you get your Storm Charger on Ebay? If so, I'm glad I could help finish your collection!
MacheteSquadSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:26 PM   #13
Mongor
You got red on you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacheteSquadSteve View Post

PS.. Did you get your Storm Charger on Ebay? If so, I'm glad I could help finish your collection!
Yes, I did.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:43 PM   #14
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
I managed to get everything I wanted before the last episode aired. So I guessed I have in a sense already mourned the line. After a lot of thought, Im passing on the minimates and Mezco stuff too. At this point Im even considering dumping just about everything I have.
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:37 PM   #15
princeshoko
Thunder Kitty
Received my Slithe today and am now 100% happy too