TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats General Discussion

Old 09-06-2011, 02:05 PM   #1
Tcat
Thunder Kitty
Hey everyone, Im new to the forum...

Just wanted to point out something, and I dunno if it has been discussed previously here in the forum but...

Have you noticed that the thundercat logo/symbol is missing from the chest (or belts) of the characters?

I have noticed there is a space, a red circle placed exactly where the symbol is supposed to be... Which makes me question, will the symbol appear somewhere in the series in all 6 characters?

Cuz the toys do have the symbol, and so did the 80's cartoon...

I mean, once the symbol appears, if it does, it will add a more Thundercat feeling and identity to the characters, which will be great!

Any ideas or opinions towards the missing logo/symbol?

Last edited by Tcat; 09-07-2011 at 11:58 AM..
Tcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:51 PM   #2
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Interesting note: once Grune sides with Mumm-Ra his chest crystal suddenly has Mumm-Ra's twin snakes symbol on it.
My guess is they're going to get the Thundercats logo later either after or right before they defeat Mumm-Ra.

Last edited by SirSapphire; 09-06-2011 at 05:19 PM..
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:09 PM   #3
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
I've been wondering about this as well and wondering when it's going to happen.
nitewing73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:35 PM   #4
crackus
Thunder Puss
I'm guessing.. after lion o's trials..
crackus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:46 AM   #5
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
I'd expect there's a story and purpose behind the symbols that hasn't been unlocked/earned yet that will happen in future episodes. Much like how at this point, only Cheetara, who has faith in Lion-O's eyes lit up when Lion-O made the Thundercats call in the last episode.
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:46 AM   #6
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
I could be wrong, but my guess is that it's more of a production thing. Leave that detail out, so they can add detail to other parts of what we're watching (same goes for why the eye itself only has detail when the show focuses on it specifically). Though maybe it is something that'll come as the show progresses. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:47 AM   #7
Tcat
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
that will happen in future episodes. Much like how at this point, only Cheetara, who has faith in Lion-O's eyes lit up when Lion-O made the Thundercats call in the last episode.
It could be a pretty logic guess that the symbol will appear when all 5 (or 6 if we consider Snarf ) members declare their faith in Liono... Cuz you are right about the fact that Chetara was the only one who's eyes lit to Liono's call, and in the original 80's show all of the Tcat's eyes did the same. When that happens, it will be pretty epic.

But also, as SirSapphire states, it could appear when Mumm-ra is defeated..

Pretty good guess by all of you, I honestly cant wait for the symbol to appear and for their eyes to light up in the call of Liono.

Last edited by Tcat; 09-07-2011 at 11:50 AM..
Tcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:49 AM   #8
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
I asked the crew tumblr blog about this quite a while ago. They said it was for both technical and story reasons. I assume they'll get the symbols later.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote