TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats General Discussion

View Poll Results: Mumm-Ra vs Skeletor
Mumm-Ra 54 84.38%
Skeletor 10 15.63%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
Tony_Bacala
Cornelius Tunar FTW
If both were in Bad-Ass non-comical-80stoon-villian mode, and Skeletor went head to head with Mumm-Ra, which bone-oriented villain would win? GO!
Tony_Bacala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:04 PM   #2
Echo7Solo
Thunder Kitty
80's Mumm-Ra vs 80's Skeletor would be easy, Mumm-Ra hands down. But if Mumm-Ra was fighting the 2k version of Skeletor that would be a damn good fight and one I couldn't call.
Echo7Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:20 PM   #3
Tigris
Tiger Warrior
Mumm-Ra the All-Powerful form smashes Skeletor no problem.
Tigris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:23 PM   #4
Dawg99
Thunder Kitty
Mumm Ra would kick his butt
Dawg99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:31 PM   #5
gijoe071681
Thunder Kitty
Mumm-Ra the ever living FTW
gijoe071681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:38 PM   #6
Sabien
On the loose!
Mumm-ra always seemed like a darker, more serious villain to me. I think he'd take it.
Sabien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:55 PM   #7
Reeds
Thunderan Q-Wing Pilot
Just against Skeletor, right? Not Skeletor with a mirror? Then yes, Mumm-Ra.
Reeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:33 PM   #8
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
CBUB did this fight several years back. CBUB Fights: Skeletor vs. Mumm-Ra

It's an interesting battle.

If we're taking the '80's version of Skeletor, he's got a whole host of powers.

Also he's got a winning record against other villains. He's pwned Hordak in every battle (in fact the writers said they often used Skeletor against other villains just so he could win.) as well as other one shot type foes. Skeletor also has the handicap of being from one of the most kid friendly shows of the '80s.

The film version is one of the best '80's fantasy villains and the only good point about the movie.

The 200X version doesn't have the handicap of his predecessors as being so cartoony, but doesn't seem to have the whole host of powers that the other versions have but is a sorcerer of some regard.

Then there's my prefered version of Skeletor, the pre-filmation comic version. In this story he is a foreigner from another dimension. A demon who travels from world to world, taking its great treasures and power and then destroying the world, kind of like a magic Braniac. In the minic-comics and the DC comics, He-man (No Prince Adam, he's a savage warrior) never beats him. It takes the intervention of the Goddess to do so.

That said, Mumm-Ra is the everliving. He's got a whole host of powers that run the gambit, from shapeshifting to necromancy, to arcane knowledge of things that only other greater beings are supposed to know about. He's the personal enforcer of the ancient spirits of evil essentially.
And there's this,

Now we've got a complete unknown in the new version of Mumm-Ra from the upcoming cartoon, which according to the writers is a much darker version then we've ever seen before.

Any way you shake it (well, except Super Mumm-Ra vs 200X Skeletor), it should be a good (evil?) fight.

Last edited by Pravus Prime; 02-07-2011 at 08:36 PM..
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:46 AM   #9
Lion-0
Dork of Omens
Mumra all the way!
Lion-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:41 AM   #10
Grune the Destroyer
Thunder Kitty
Clearly Mumm-Ra. Skeletor was a joke, even at his "scariest".

I'd love to see a live action movie Mumm-Ra...
Grune the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:35 AM   #11
Tygra
Thundercat Nut
What, seriously? Mumm-Ra would OWN Skeletor.
Tygra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:50 PM   #12
Jack-Pumpkinhead
Thunderan Thespian
Question, would this be before or after they teamed up to kill He-Man and Lion-O?
Jack-Pumpkinhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:23 PM   #13
The_Eva-Living
Thunder Kitty
Mumm-ra!! I'd love to see that fight..
The_Eva-Living is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:04 AM   #14
LionO84
Thunder Kitty
mumm-ra FTW
LionO84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:40 AM   #15
ThunderTomkat21
Thunder Kitty
Mummra would skull fuck him. Over.
ThunderTomkat21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:24 AM   #16
gijoe071681
Thunder Kitty
A darker Mumm-Ra? He was pretty dark in the 80's
gijoe071681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:59 AM   #17
Bravestarr
Banned
Gotta give it to Mumm-Ra....Magic beats science.
Bravestarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:39 PM   #18
Ratar-O
Dirty Conniving Rat
Mumm-Ra all the way and without question.
Ratar-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:47 PM   #19
GK Punk
Your Straight Edge Savior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravestarr View Post
Gotta give it to Mumm-Ra....Magic beats science.
Skeletor used magic not science. That was Hordak.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:33 PM   #20
Icespark
Thunder Kitty
I'd have to say Mumm-Ra would probably win. They're both well-designed characters, and, both were highly entertaining to watch (I'm also referring to both versions of Skeletor), but, from their own back-stories, Mumm-Ra is still older, and has far more knowledge and experience. He also has the bonus of being pretty much indestructible as long as evil exists; Skeletor's own evil nature would ensure Mumm-Ra's survival.

Also, I would think that Skeletor would only be defeated, not dead, at the end of a fight between them; he seems to me to be that somehow always manages to avoid death.
Icespark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:05 AM   #21
Valdin
Thunder Kitty
I think vs could be a stalemate, Although Mumm-ra could take him. I'm thinking they are both ultimate bad guys, and a team up vs the thundercats and MOTU universe would be a sight to see.
Valdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:11 AM   #22
Bujo
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Bacala View Post
If both were in Bad-Ass non-comical-80stoon-villian mode, and Skeletor went head to head with Mumm-Ra, which bone-oriented villain would win? GO!
Does this duel take place before or after Vegeta kills them both then blows up their planets just for shits and giggles?

Bujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:59 PM   #23
trebleshot
Sight Beyond Sight
^ Before. Unless the fight takes place in Other World, that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Pumpkinhead View Post
Question, would this be before or after they teamed up to kill He-Man and Lion-O?
After, because they'd blame each other for losing.

And oh yeah, Mumm-Ra wins either way.
trebleshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:28 PM   #24
Bujo
Thunder Kitty
Numero Uno

Old 02-28-2011, 01:25 PM   #25
Mako Crab
Thunder Kitty
Mumm-ra blew up planet Thundera. And he got Tygra hooked on silky fruit. Dude is bad.
Mako Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:10 AM   #26
Michael'O
Thunder Kitty
There's no competition Bujo as all Dragonball and Dragonball Z characters are punk ass bitches, so they would all get owned by either Skeletor or Mumm-ra Individually, god I hate DB/DBZ with a passion - these shows are the worst of Japanese Anime and Manga, in my opinion and I love Anime and Manga (Old School).

Now onto the question, I would think it would be a close fought fight, now I say Mumm-ra would win on sheer awesomness, however the Wife said Skeletor.
Michael'O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:10 AM   #27
The_Eva-Living
Thunder Kitty
Oh come on....DBZ was pretty good. I liked it.
The_Eva-Living is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:12 AM   #28
Bujo
Thunder Kitty
Yeah buddy.

> mumm-raa & skeletor
Old 04-12-2011, 04:00 AM   #29
frank911
Thunder Kitty
Ancient spirits of evil will make Mumm-ra win
frank911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:45 AM   #30
mechanathan
ThunderCat HyperBeam
Mumm-Ra Lives!

Skeletor could rotate every costume (Battle Armor, Dragon Blaster, Terror Claws, Laser Light, etc), and he would still be delivered a severe beating. Mumm-Ra has that "Ever-Living" trick going for him.

I love both of you, but sorry Skeletor. Mumm-Ra Lives!
mechanathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 03:19 PM   #31
Sportsandstuff
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabien View Post
Mumm-ra always seemed like a darker, more serious villain to me. I think he'd take it.
I completely agree Mumm-ra was just way more scary and serious than Skeletor
Sportsandstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:02 AM   #32
horatioh
Thunder Kitty
Both are excellent characters but it would be almost impossible to call this either way as both were always so ineffective as villains! Did either Skeletor or Mumm-Ra ever achieve anything close to success?

That said, I guess Mumm-Ra would be the ultimate winner as he would just do his "ever living" chant and return next episode. Not sure what would happen to Skeletor if someone were to kill him? Perhaps Hordak would return him to life? Or perhaps Skeletor is already dead?

I would love to see artwork of this fight though!!
horatioh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:18 AM   #33
mumm_ra_the_ever_living
Like A Boss
Obviously Mumm-Ra
mumm_ra_the_ever_living is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 04:31 PM   #34
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bujo View Post
Numero Uno

Is this for real or photoshopped?
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:45 PM   #35
Hyper Jaguar
Thunder Kitty
Mumm-Ra is a more menacing villain. I like Skeletor as well, but Mumm-Ra has the upper hand.
Hyper Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:27 AM   #36
KennY
The Everliving
I am both a MOTU fan and Thundercat fan, so this makes it hard to call. Although, I'd have to look at one large factor. Mumm-Ra is an evil "god", where skeletor is a deformed/scarred eternian (human) who was given powers, so I'd also have to say that Mumm-Ra has the upper hand.

On the other hand, I think He-Man would take Lion-O.

Last edited by KennY; 08-04-2011 at 08:52 AM..
KennY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:35 PM   #37
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Behold, my necromancer powers as I revive this thread!

Having recently finished the entire original TC series (and having rewatched the original He-man series in the last 6 years), I'm now comfortable voting and declaring a winner.

Mumm-Ra would pwn Skeletor. Badly. Mumm-ra has the advantage in every category except possibly pure strength (and even that would probably be close) and the likelyhood of that being an element in this fight is extremely unlikely.

In fact, I can see this as being a laughably short fight, wherin Mumm-Ra teleports in, fires off a two handed blast o' death and the fight is practically over at that point. However, that doesn't tend to be Mumm-ra's prefered tactic against anyone he percieves as inferior, plus he can be sadistic when he wants to be (After all, he imprisioned Zaxx in his amulet and turned the Lunataks into living statues), with his abilties I see him appearing not in his Ever-Living form, but taking a page from Fond Memories, and taking on He-mans form, complete with Power Sword and taking him on that way. Skeletor wouldn't stand a chance, the only question is what Mumm-ra does after; does he outright murder him? Does he imprison him in some humiliating form, like by placing Skeletor into his own Havoc Staff? Turn him into a bone statue and let him forever look out, unable to do anything else? Zap him into Limbo+ and let the nothingness consume and eradicate him?

Even taking into account in the OP about non-comical mode, Mumm-Ra has so many tools at his disposal, it wouldn't be a challenge. From watching Skeletor and learning of his powers, weaknesses, and limits and entering the battle prepared to face his opponent, to the sheer number of powers Mumm-Ra could employ that Skeletor just doesn't have an answer for; especially the psychological and manipulative battle that Mumm-Ra would engage Skeletor in. In the 80's cartoons, Mumm-Ra burnt out the eye of Omens and killed Lion-O with a magic blast (As a refresher, Jaga appeared and fixed the eye and revived Lion-O) which was just one of many victories that are a part of Mumm-Ras winning record against his enemies in straight combat. Yes, winning record. Mumm-ra has a greater then 2-1 win/loss ratio in straight combat over the course of the series (27/12 by my count), and if you remove the episodes where he lost when he saw his reflection, it goes way up. Skeletor, on the other hand, has lost when He-man blew on him. Yup. Big ole puff of air. Skeletor has lost when he was super-powered with all the Sorceress' magic infused within him inside Snake Mountain. You turn these characters into dangerous non-comical enemies who have to lose and Skeletor becomes a real legitimate threat. Who gets pwned by Mumm-Ra.

Last edited by Pravus Prime; 12-18-2011 at 03:38 PM..
Old 01-02-2012, 10:44 PM   #38
Haru of the Takaguro Dojo
Thunder Kitty
All Skeletor would have to do is hold a mirror up and he wins.
End of fight.
Sorry, but that's the truth.

Yes Skeletor would win.
Haru of the Takaguro Dojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:43 AM   #39
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru of the Takaguro Dojo View Post
All Skeletor would have to do is hold a mirror up and he wins.
End of fight.
Sorry, but that's the truth.

Yes Skeletor would win.
Perhaps you should rewatch "Mumm-Ra Lives! Part V" for a refresher.

Or be just as surprised as Lion-O (and Skeletor) at what happens. There's a reason why from that point on for the remaining episodes of that season and 2 remaining seasons of the series, no one bothers to try to show Mumm-Ra his reflection again.

Last edited by Pravus Prime; 01-03-2012 at 04:47 AM..
Old 01-03-2012, 01:17 PM   #40
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
I voted Mumm-Ra. I picked up the Masters of the Universe season sets recently and as I compare the two I think Mumm-Ra just seems more powerful.
nitewing73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:23 AM   #41
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
Perhaps you should rewatch "Mumm-Ra Lives! Part V" for a refresher.

Or be just as surprised as Lion-O (and Skeletor) at what happens. There's a reason why from that point on for the remaining episodes of that season and 2 remaining seasons of the series, no one bothers to try to show Mumm-Ra his reflection again.
I can't remember what happened off the top of my head, and I don't have access to the dvds at the moment. Perhaps you can refresh my memory of what happened.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:27 AM   #42
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru of the Takaguro Dojo View Post
I can't remember what happened off the top of my head, and I don't have access to the dvds at the moment. Perhaps you can refresh my memory of what happened.
Lion-O scoffed at Mumm-Ra's advance, stating that Mumm-Ra may be powerful, but he can't stand the sight of evil that is his own reflection as he held up the Claw Shield. Mumm-Ra saw his Ever Living form in the Claw Shield and laughed, explaining that when he returned after being near destroyed by Thundera's Sun, he lost that weakness. Then holding up both hands, he blasted the Thundercats hard.

A plot MacGuffin of pure good allowed the TCats to flee for their lives at the end, a MacGuffin never again seen (and given the Animation it wasn't too hard to conclude that it used up most of it's concentrated good to drive Mumm-Ra away). For the remainder of the series no one even bothered to try to show Mumm-Ra his reflection since it never again had any effect on him.

From that point on Mumm-Ra had virtually no weaknesses. He lost a physical scuffle with Lion-O in a ThunderCat created dimension in the series finale, but even his usual extremely limited energy reserves seemed to be far greater to the point where he never had to withdraw because he used up all his power. Usually plot resolution came from Mumm-Ra winning and the ThunderCats being able to work around it at the last second in all the later episodes and seasons when he was directly involved.

Last edited by Pravus Prime; 01-07-2012 at 01:34 AM..
Old 01-08-2012, 11:46 PM   #43
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
Lion-O scoffed at Mumm-Ra's advance, stating that Mumm-Ra may be powerful, but he can't stand the sight of evil that is his own reflection as he held up the Claw Shield. Mumm-Ra saw his Ever Living form in the Claw Shield and laughed, explaining that when he returned after being near destroyed by Thundera's Sun, he lost that weakness. Then holding up both hands, he blasted the Thundercats hard.

A plot MacGuffin of pure good allowed the TCats to flee for their lives at the end, a MacGuffin never again seen (and given the Animation it wasn't too hard to conclude that it used up most of it's concentrated good to drive Mumm-Ra away). For the remainder of the series no one even bothered to try to show Mumm-Ra his reflection since it never again had any effect on him.

From that point on Mumm-Ra had virtually no weaknesses. He lost a physical scuffle with Lion-O in a ThunderCat created dimension in the series finale, but even his usual extremely limited energy reserves seemed to be far greater to the point where he never had to withdraw because he used up all his power. Usually plot resolution came from Mumm-Ra winning and the ThunderCats being able to work around it at the last second in all the later episodes and seasons when he was directly involved.
Oh wow! I didn't know that. Thanks for the explaination. I switch my vote then to Mumm-ra. I just thought of something that Mumm-ra can do but Skeletor can't......and that is FLY. Another huge advantage for the RA.