TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Toys and Merchandise

Old 08-15-2011, 12:45 PM   #1
Fist Pounder
Thunder Kitty
I bought a thundertank from toys r us on friday that was apparently shipped on wednesday.

My cockpit seems to work great, opens fine is not loose.

Maybe they are working on fixing issues as they go along?
Fist Pounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:49 PM   #2
Fuzz
Thunder Kitty
That's good to hear. I really didn't feel like figuring out a way to keep the thing on for my son.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:53 PM   #3
Fist Pounder
Thunder Kitty
I opened my thundertank and tested out its functions although its primary function is looking great on my shelf.

I have seen alot of complaints on this issue and while I have not seen the problem would like to see more who share my experience before saying for sure the issue is fixed

Hoping for the 4 inch figures to come to shelves soon so i can have a proper thundercat driving rather than snarf.
Fist Pounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:20 PM   #4
Tracer
Thunderian Commoner
Glad to hear that they got the kinks worked out.
Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 03:49 PM   #5
Shenlon
Thunder Kitty
I am curious if I should try to exchange mine ? I plan to display it with panthro inside when I get my display cabinet. I don't want to pull my hair out trying to get the cockpit working.

I am sure mine was an early model as it was one of the first to hit Georgia.
Shenlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 05:03 PM   #6
snarfsnarf
Thunder Kitty
I spoke with Bandai and they said they indeed fixed this problem...so the newer versions on the Tank should be better
snarfsnarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 05:13 PM   #7
shmashwitdaclub
Thunder Kitty
mine that I just opened is extremely loose - I am ok with it though. I figure better that than one of the kids breaking it
shmashwitdaclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 05:22 PM   #8
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
The hatch being fixed is nice to know, but I have to say, now that we've had a pretty good look at it from last nights episode, the color scheme on the toy bothers me much more than it used to. I could get it and just paint it myself, but this is an instance where I would rather not paint it myself. Not sure how likely it is to happen, but the one way I might get the tank at full retail, would be if it got a repaint into it's show-accurate colors.

Something similar can be said about Panthro's toys, which are much more blue than he actually is on-screen. Part of me is hoping for a running change to his figures (if nothing else, at least the nunchucks).

Anybody else feel the same way? or am I just being too picky, lol...
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 06:14 PM   #9
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Do you have the date code on your box?
Lody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:37 PM   #10
snarfsnarf
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
The hatch being fixed is nice to know, but I have to say, now that we've had a pretty good look at it from last nights episode, the color scheme on the toy bothers me much more than it used to. I could get it and just paint it myself, but this is an instance where I would rather not paint it myself. Not sure how likely it is to happen, but the one way I might get the tank at full retail, would be if it got a repaint into it's show-accurate colors.

Something similar can be said about Panthro's toys, which are much more blue than he actually is on-screen. Part of me is hoping for a running change to his figures (if nothing else, at least the nunchucks).

Anybody else feel the same way? or am I just being too picky, lol...
I really really want a red and blue version of his weapon, after seeing it those colors in the cartoon, they need to fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lody View Post
Do you have the date code on your box?
I threw away my box and so I don't have the code
Old 08-21-2011, 02:30 AM   #11
Hyper Jaguar
Thunder Kitty
Eh, I'm happy with the Thundertank I've got.
Hyper Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:29 PM   #12
Shenlon
Thunder Kitty
Where would the date code be ?
Shenlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:25 PM   #13
king kahn
Thunder Kitty
yeah I would also like to know how to tell a correct tank from an incorrect tank.

I also want a panthro with corrected nunchucks. I know they went with grey as they didn't know if the toon was going to have the red/blue like the original version but now that they know I want a correction.
king kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:54 PM   #14
Trukkinmunky
cleric
I bought a Thundertanks as soon as it came out. I have no problems with it what so ever.
Trukkinmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #15
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Anyone seeing any changes with later released tanks and the parts staying on?
Old 12-27-2011, 10:50 PM   #16
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat

The first three pictures show the Thundertank with date code that would have been from the first production run. Unfortunately, I threw the box away after I got it.

The pegs that the cockpit attach too are much smaller and do not keep the cockpit securely attached to the body.

The top two pictures show a Thundertank with date code: 0537460701

The pegs have been re-worked and protrude more. Notice how you can see the pegs while looking straight at the cockpit vs the other one. Once attached, the cockpit stays snugly attached.

Last edited by Lody; 12-27-2011 at 11:01 PM..
Old 01-07-2012, 11:12 AM   #17
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
bump again

Go get your fixed Tanks!
Old 01-08-2012, 12:27 AM   #18
rhinox1701
Lord of Thundera
Thundertank is cruddy. customized the heck outta mine. Mostly just for display...unfortunately I should have waited. Bought mine pretty early....
rhinox1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:29 AM   #19
rhinox1701
Lord of Thundera
[QUOTE=snarfsnarf;11844]I really really want a red and blue version of his weapon, after seeing it those colors in the cartoon, they need to fix it!

I painted mine..much better red/blue
rhinox1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:29 PM   #20
snarfsnarf
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by king kahn View Post
I also want a panthro with corrected nunchucks. I know they went with grey as they didn't know if the toon was going to have the red/blue like the original version but now that they know I want a correction.
The wave 2 version that is showing up in walm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinox1701 View Post
I painted mine..much better red/blue
The wave 2 version of Panthro that is showing up in Walmarts now has the red/blue weapon...it's really cool.

On a side note, if anyone wants my old cockpit door for customizing, let me know. I would just ask you pay for the shipping to get to you...otherwise I'm going to throw it out.