TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats News and Rumors

Old 03-01-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Ok well a Toonzone admin is reporting that the show is coming back on March 24th at 9:30am. Toonzone is usually accurate with their info, however I was lead to believe that the show would actually be coming back a little sooner than this and those plot synopses seem a bit too spoilery for official synopses. But like I said Toonzone is usually pretty accurate so this is probably correct.

http://www.toonzone.net/forums/showt...lers%29/page33

Edit: got confirmation that the info is correct!

Last edited by Balgus82; 03-02-2012 at 11:51 AM..
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:59 PM   #2
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
I was hoping that CN wouldn't change the time slot...almost never means anything good when they do. Still, if this is true, and it sounds like it is, it's great to finally know that the show is continuing. I can't wait to see new episodes. Also gives me a reason to get up early on Saturday mornings again, lol...I can't wait to see Addicus in action.

Would be great if this also meant that Bandai could reveal some new toys too...I'm not counting on it, but it would make for a nice surprise...

Edit: Yay for confirmation
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:11 PM   #3
Balgus82
I'm not worried about the time slot change. They seem to be making it a Saturday morning Action block. Ben 10, Thundercats, Green Lantern, and then Young Justice.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:48 PM   #4
adssse
Thunderian Commoner
Sweet. I cant wait to have Thundercats back on and actually like the time change.
adssse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #5
Balgus82
Just in case there was any doubt of the legitimacy of the date the crew has finally updated their tumblr blog with the same info.

Thundercats Crew Blog, 3/24@9:30am
Old 03-02-2012, 08:52 AM   #6
IndyCat
Thunderian Commoner
about damn time the crew blog came back...or atleast made any posts. hopefully they will be posting like crazy in the next few weeks!!!
IndyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:23 AM   #7
Cat's Pajamas
Thunderian Commoner
Great news, I was starting to get a little worried there...
Cat's Pajamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:24 AM   #8
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
So much for watching it on Friday nights
Lody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:16 AM   #9
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat's Pajamas View Post
Great news, I was starting to get a little worried there...
I think a LOT of us were getting a bit worried, lol....some of us more than we would care to admit......
Old 03-03-2012, 02:35 AM   #10
neisan18
Thunder Kitty
front page worthy? I THINK SO!
neisan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:32 AM   #11
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
on saturdays huh. oh lord.
DarkKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:43 AM   #12
nomad16
Thundarian
a Saturday morning time change is never good for a series this usually means its going off the air in a season or 2 this totally sucks... I hope Im wrong but just look at past shows that cartoon network did this to.
nomad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:11 PM   #13
Balgus82
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad16 View Post
a Saturday morning time change is never good for a series this usually means its going off the air in a season or 2 this totally sucks... I hope Im wrong but just look at past shows that cartoon network did this to.
They moved Ben 10 to Saturday and it's getting a brand new series later this year called Ben 10 Omniverse. They put the new Green Lantern show on Sat and it just started today. And they moved Young Justice to Saturdays as well. It doesn't mean the show is failing. They're just making a Saturday morning action block.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:13 PM   #14
Mongor
You got red on you.
I think the Saturday morning slot is just what it needs, especially to get that toy line moving. Many adults I've talked to who have been waiting for the show to return are happy about the day/time change.
There's way too many many people analyzing everything negatively from the toys to the time slot...the show doesn't even air for 3 more weeks but it's doomed, huh? I didn't know we had so many experts here.
Sorry to rant and I'm not targeting anyone specifically, but all the negativity is getting old. Fast.
Mongor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #15
Pizza Man Z
Thunder Kitty
I cannot wait for the Saturday Morning update. I am stoked about these episodes and cannot wait for the next DVD to come out. I think toy sells should spike again when the Episodes come back. I was hoping it was the berbils that maid Panthros arms. Those are freaking cool.
Pizza Man Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:54 PM   #16
JASONKAT
Thunder Kitty
i was kinda hoping wed' see what happend the last time, after lion-o sees tygra kissing Cheetara. or maybe we will? either way, im glad the TCS are back!! and hope theres nomore in between weeks of no tcs again. i waited so long so lets keep em coming.
As for the time slot, uahhh. I have the feeling im gonna start missing em, lol 9am is way to early for me lol , hope theres re runs at a later time/day. :P
JASONKAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:57 PM   #17
moreprimeland
Prime Kitty
Maybe I'm behind but it looks like to me having TC air on Sat. mornings would be a good thing...seems like my nephew still watches all kinds of toons on Sat!! Is that the worry? There would be too much competition from other series?? In the days of DVR I wouldn't think that would be a large concern.
I was thinking it was less likely to have a larger viewing audience on Friday's anyway, between school activities and families going to the movies or out to eat..they probably missed the eps anyway. Just my humble.

I'm glad it's making a return and happy with the Saturday move.
moreprimeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:49 AM   #18
Balgus82
I don't see how there would be much of any competition on Saturday mornings to be honest. All the other stations just play reruns all morning.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:49 AM   #19
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
Glad to see Thundercats returning, but the problem I have with the Saturday morning timeslot is that Transformers Rescue Bots is also on that timeslot as well and it's another show that I watch.

Based on the synopsis', we predicted that the Berbils will give Panthro his new robotic arms and Lion-O will go through the trials similar to the original series but with a new twist. I hope he takes on Tygra in his trials.
vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:24 PM   #20
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Well these episodes sound rather exciting!
Lody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #21
Grune the Destroyer
Thunder Kitty
I want to know when the UK will be getting the new series! There's only so many times we can watch the same 13 in daily repeats...
Grune the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #22
Balgus82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grune the Destroyer View Post
I want to know when the UK will be getting the new series! There's only so many times we can watch the same 13 in daily repeats...
at least you're getting repeats.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:32 PM   #23
RoftheHood
Thunder Kitty
I'm not totally familiar with how CN works however; I can't help but wonder if they aired the show, at first, on Friday nights to give it that prime-time theatrical feel as a means of giving the old school fans everything they wanted. Now that it's "approved" by fans and has made its mark - They're moving the show to "new fans" time slot and grouping it with Green Lantern, Young Justice, and Ben 10 as to attach Thundercats with the already successful series' and therefore present it as the cool new thing.

Just a thought...
RoftheHood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:01 AM   #24
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
I've been thinking about it, and this shift to Saturday morning ins't so bad. I'm still a bit worried, since CN changing a show's time-slot traditionally doesn't mean anything good, but there's a bit of a plus here too. It looks as though they are shifting a lot more focus back onto Saturday mornings, something that has been lacking for a while now, imho. Saturday mornings used to be THE thing for cartoons, and now it appears they're coming back. Hopefully that will have a positive affect, rather than a negative one.

We'll just have to wait and see, but maybe this ain't so bad...
Old 03-08-2012, 02:38 AM   #25
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
Someone explain to me why Saturday morning is a bad time slot... When I was a kid (granted, that was 20 years ago), we ONLY had cartoons at saturday and sunday mornings! That was the BEST time slot for a cartoon, because every kid was up on weekends, watching TV while the parents still slept. On the contrary on Friday nights, it was my parents who had exclusive rigths to the TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
I'm not worried about the time slot change. They seem to be making it a Saturday morning Action block. Ben 10, Thundercats, Green Lantern, and then Young Justice.
Indeed. Plus, they just pushed Thundercats to appear on Hungarian CN - they would not go through the hard task of translating the show if they wanted to end it.

The new episodes seem very interesting - the first because of the new generals, and Lion-O starting to work on the decision he came to in episode 7 by assembling an alliance against Mumm-Ra, and the second because it gives the Spirit Stone's name some great explanation. Guess this time, the trials will actually make some sense to the plot unlike the old series episode... And I wonder if Mumm-Ra will succeed in removing the 'Warstone' from the sword, we have seen the toy have this huge double-bladed sword that seems to have a red stone embedded in its hilt...

Last edited by BB Shockwave; 03-08-2012 at 02:40 AM..
BB Shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:25 AM   #26
Grune the Destroyer
Thunder Kitty
In the UK, the new Thundercats premiered on a Saturday morning last September, time slot of 11.00am. It did just fine. As others have said, it's a great time slot for kids TV - almost their "prime time".
Grune the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #27
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
Someone explain to me why Saturday morning is a bad time slot...
I don't think it's the time slot itself that is bad, but in my experience with Cartoon Network, them changing a show's time slot has traditionally not been a good sign. Though since this, as far as we know, has more to do with putting emphasis back on Saturday mornings, it could potentially have a positive result for the show (it was doing good before, so maybe it'll do even better).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
Indeed. Plus, they just pushed Thundercats to appear on Hungarian CN - they would not go through the hard task of translating the show if they wanted to end it.
I would guess that has more to do with Warner Brothers than Cartoon Network. WB has been rather excited about the show, but I can't say the same for CN. Not to say that CN purposefully wants to end the show, but they haven't been handling it at all well so far.

Last edited by Ravenxl7; 03-08-2012 at 01:25 PM..
Old 03-24-2012, 04:09 PM   #28
mihoshi
Thunder Kitty
I'm too busy Friday night and it was hard to make time to watch... Saturday morning is perfect for me. 'Cats at 9:30, then time for breakfast and a shower before Young Justice.
mihoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:00 AM   #29
nitewing73
Thunderian Commoner
I don't mind the new time slot either. I usually just DVR the show anyway and watch it when I have free time. It's the one show where my wife and kids watch with me which is a cool thing. My wife was the one who kept asking me when new episodes were going to start showing which was cool.
nitewing73 is offline   Reply With Quote