TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 03-28-2012, 08:14 PM   #401
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by stac View Post

- Cheetara’s decision was an emotionally motivated, knee-jerk reaction (“I need to stick with him.”). She disregarded her own advice about “sticking together” and undermined Lion-O authority on the battlefield, right in front of the enemy.
How is letting one of your teammates to die "sticking together?"

Maybe it was an emotionally motivated decision. I wouldn't deny that. But honestly do you expect the characters to be perfect?

Btw I agree that Lion-O was in the right in wanting to free the lizards. But I don't think he went about it the right way. He rushed in without a plan. That previous battle at the beginning of the episode they won by having a plan and working together.

Lion-O himself thought it was too dangerous to involve the twins in freeing them, when he let them be bait before, so to me that means he thought the second situation was more dangerous than the first.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:15 PM   #402
stormbringer
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
I like to know if mummra has learned how to break the spell (Cheetara)?
Well if push came to shove, we know all Mumm-ra would have to do, is grab Tygra and force Cheetara to undo the spell.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:17 PM   #403
Balgus82
I don't think Cheetara even knows how to undo the spell. We haven't seen her use any magic at all besides the magic connected to her staff. Jaga could shoot lightning out of his hands and more.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:18 PM   #404
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
This version of Mumm-Ra doesn't appear to be able to control someone against their will (otherwise things would be a lot easier for him), true he does force Jaga into revealing the location of the tower of omens, but that's only after Jaga is already, essentially, dead and he's basically squeezing the information out of his soul. and he's and as far as manipulation goes it seems he can only enhance feelings that are already there. He can enhance the brothers resentment of one another and drive them to fight but he cannot make one kill the other because that desire simply doesn't exist within them.
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:20 PM   #405
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
Well if push came to shove, we know all Mumm-ra would have to do, is grab Tygra and force Cheetara to undo the spell.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #406
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
It's been mentioned several times that Lion-O probably thought Tygra would have been able to find his way out. He's still gambling with his brother's life (which is pretty irresponsible) but it's because he has faith in Tygra.
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:34 PM   #407
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
It's been mentioned several times that Lion-O probably thought Tygra would have been able to find his way out. He's still gambling with his brother's life (which is pretty irresponsible) but it's because he has faith in Tygra.
I think lion-o thought tygra could hold his own, he should know.

Last edited by L08e16o; 03-28-2012 at 08:37 PM..
Old 03-28-2012, 08:39 PM   #408
stac
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Letting one of their teammates die? How do you know for certain that Tygra would die? You are simply speculating.

My turn to do some speculating. Knowing Tygra’s character so far, I‘d venture that he would have acted in the same way Lion-O did had the roles been reversed.

Quote:
Maybe it was an emotionally motivated decision. I wouldn't deny that. But honestly do you expect the characters to be perfect?
I don’t expect them to be perfect. Though, I dislike how the writers have characterised Cheetara and the consequences of her decision are too serious to ignore.

Quote:
Btw I agree that Lion-O was in the right in wanting to free the lizards. But I don't think he went about it the right way. He rushed in without a plan. That previous battle at the beginning of the episode they won by having a plan and working together.

Lion-O himself thought it was too dangerous to involve the twins in freeing them, when he let them be bait before, so to me that means he thought the second situation was more dangerous than the first.
True, he did not have a plan. However, he (and the others) had become pretty experienced at taking down lizard battalions – the cats had already taken down 2 of them in the episode. I believe his decision in this case was justifiable. He seemed to be skilled enough to manage the feat.
stac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:25 AM   #409
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Tygra pulled Lion-O out. And even if Lion-O climbed back up on his own Tygra could've easily knocked him down again.

And Drunk driving is not the same because when you driving drunk you're actually choosing to drink and drive. Tygra neither chose to be influenced or knew he was being influenced until after he came to his senses.
I'm sorry but even if I choose to push someone over a cliff in a fit of anger/rage/whatever but I suddenly came to and tried to help him immediately, it STILL doesn't make me any less guilty of attempted homicide. People who use the 'oh but he came back to get help' argument to excuse near murder are unbelievable. It doesn't mean Tygra isn't an attempted murderer, he just had an attack of conscience but apparently the trait is still in him

Take responsibility for your actions.
Sining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:51 AM   #410
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I don't know if that is there goal? For me, an epic would have started with episode one and them over coming the odds. The way cheetara is siding with lion-o, I would think that cheetara would've went to tygra in the begining.

If that is what they were going for, I would've rather them leave lion-o out of it.

See, that is what is werid. I wouldn't think cheetara would abadon her duty for love. She is disgracing Jaga.

Gosh the flower, I don't even want to go there.
Especially since clerics fight to the death as indicated in ep 2 so she further proves she is unfit for her position
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:57 AM   #411
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Who is to say that Tygra and Cheetarah stay together though? We know that in "Trials" Tygra is forced to take leadership of the group and they decide to go after the sword, while Lion-O would probably have gone after their fallen comrade, just so he could be sure. Tygra is more hard-hearted than his brother and isn't as focused on the bigger picture as Lion-O is and he may end up being too hard on the other Thundercats or unable to take his failures in stride like Lion-O can (since he's won almost everything he wanted). He might not be able to handle criticism as well either since he was always told how wonderful he was. All of this could lead to him snapping at or taking his frustrations out on his teammates when they fail to live up to his expectations, which could damage his relationship with Cheetarah. I'm not saying it will happen or even that I want it to, it's just a possibility based on what we know about the characters and the teasing nature of the show's creators.
Its clear lion-o would go back for a fallen friend as he went back to try and save panthro from drowning
Old 03-29-2012, 06:05 AM   #412
ChazWolf
Thunder Kitty
Interesting episode,
In my option this episode is showing how being alone is starting to wear them all down. The love triangle is already getting very old and annoying, it shouldn't be a major plot point but it happens when you have 2 brothers after the same girl. She is going to side with her love over her duty.

Pantro's arms I don't like the starchy part, I hope that gets removed, it looks silly.

The Tank too seems too large and messy now, not the small fast sneaky thing a cat would look for. But thats just my feelings.
ChazWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:21 AM   #413
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
That's not the way I took it. If they had kept fighting what then? Even if they had won Tygra would've been killed. Do you think for a second Kaynar would've hesitated to do it? And if they had lost they would all be dead anyway and Cheetara's decision wouldn't have mattered in the slightest.

As it stands If Cheetara hadn't stopped fighting Tygra would be dead right now. Why is that so difficult to understand?
Kaynar has made the classic bad guy mistake by not killing tygra right away, and had lion-o and cheetara kept fighting he would've most likely jumped in and left tygra by himself. Cheetara's decision end the fight sooner with zero chance of surviving. With a little luck there is always a chance of winning and luck only come and lasts as long as someones courage and bravery holds up and what cheetara did was cowardly. And on top of that she said "I have to stick with him" as opposed to panthro saying that they all have to stick togather so again I question tygra and cheetara's commitment to the cause
Old 03-29-2012, 06:27 AM   #414
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
In the second half of the Trials Lion-O will be forced to face his own self-doubt with takes the form of Tygra (although it may morph into his father at some point). Lion-O has spent much of his life being told he's not good enough and that his interests are wrong and he has to prove them wrong. Unlike the other trials with required cunning and could have "work around" solutions this will be the one he has to face head-on and the old-fashioned way. He must defeat his brother and his doubt and prove why the Sword chose him.

He'll come out of it a better person and won't have to defeat the real-life Tygra because upon his return his brother will have gone through his own trials and learned why Lion-O was chosen and the two brothers will finally begin supporting one another.
Claudis may not be the form of lion-o's self doubt as that door was closed when Claudis bowed to him and later said he was proud of him before he died.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:41 AM   #415
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Slavery. We already know from the crew that Mumm-Ra kept some of the survivors from Thundera as slaves. And I would think seeing their king as a slave beside them would keep the slaves morale low.
Not if some know the prophecy about lion-o and keep the hopes of him freeing them. Plus lion-o working as a slave is dangerous because he can incite those willing to fight to fight and thats like giving him an entire thunderian army kind of like spartacus
Old 03-29-2012, 06:58 AM   #416
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
If that happens, I will quit the show. I feel like the whole L/C/T would be a waste.

My theroy is that legacy was a foreshadowing of what is going to happen.

If you don't mind, yeah.
Legacy may still be a foreshadowing but cheetara is shown to be unfit for her position so maybe pumyra will take her spot. I guess because pumyra is a puma and the original makers of the sword were cougars/puma making pumyra the new cleric or pumyra might look like panthera seeing how cougars are multicolored
Old 03-29-2012, 07:12 AM   #417
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I have done no such thing. I never once even alluded to a motive for Lion-O wanting to continue to fight.

And btw if Tygra really wanted to kill Lion-O then Lion-O would be dead right now. No one was there to stop him.
And tygra would've died immediately after by the hands of mumm-ra. Stabbed in the back like poor claudis and falling into a pit he just kicked lion-o into
Old 03-29-2012, 07:21 AM   #418
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post
I'm also talking about when they were little.
A drunk mans word are a sober mans thoughts so the intention was always there and there is really no defending tygra actions in that scene so now thats strike two on tygra I'm awaiting to see strike three
Old 03-29-2012, 07:54 AM   #419
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
Especially since clerics fight to the death as indicated in ep 2 so she further proves she is unfit for her position
See, that is what is crazy.

I never saw a girl in Jr High fall in love with someone. It was kid love and in a couple months they were with someone else.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:57 AM   #420
L08e16o
Quote:
Kaynar has made the classic bad guy mistake by not killing tygra right away, and had lion-o and cheetara kept fighting he would've most likely jumped in and left tygra by himself. Cheetara's decision end the fight sooner with zero chance of surviving. With a little luck there is always a chance of winning and luck only come and lasts as long as someones courage and bravery holds up and what cheetara did was cowardly. And on top of that she said "I have to stick with him" as opposed to panthro saying that they all have to stick togather so again I question tygra and cheetara's commitment to the cause
What was werid is she was committed to it in the begining of the episode and now she is siding with tygra.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:58 AM   #421
L08e16o
Quote:
Claudis may not be the form of lion-o's self doubt as that door was closed when Claudis bowed to him and later said he was proud of him before he died.
We need to see another lion-o and tygra fight.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:02 AM   #422
L08e16o
Quote:
Legacy may still be a foreshadowing but cheetara is shown to be unfit for her position so maybe pumyra will take her spot. I guess because pumyra is a puma and the original makers of the sword were cougars/puma making pumyra the new cleric or pumyra might look like panthera seeing how cougars are multicolored
I would've be fine with that if she was in the begining and if she was a main character.

Older I get, the more of character development I like and the romance side of it. I don't like quick flashback or forced relationships.

I would think that would destory cheetara's character.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:24 AM   #423
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Quote:
Maybe Lion-o will become more Batman-like, colder and harder, and not really letting people to close. In other words more like his father?
Batman: "Welcome to the brooding club, old chum"
Lion-O: "Thanks, it's all because of this blasted love triangle I have to be part of! Darn Jelenic"
Batman: "I have many ships, you can learn something from it"
Lion-O: "How can you manage all those ships?"
Batman: "The writers do that for me"
Lion-O: "Ah I see, It's definitely time to change writers then!"

Last edited by cmangund; 03-29-2012 at 08:52 AM..
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:59 AM   #424
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
Batman: "Welcome to the brooding club, old chum"
Lion-O: "Thanks, it's all because of this blasted love triangle I have to be part of! Darn Jelenic"
Batman: "I have many ships, you can learn something from it"
Lion-O: "How can you manage all those ships?"
Batman: "The writers do that for me"
Lion-O: "Ah I see, It's definitely time to change writers then!"

Old 03-29-2012, 09:26 AM   #425
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I would've be fine with that if she was in the begining and if she was a main character.

Older I get, the more of character development I like and the romance side of it. I don't like quick flashback or forced relationships.

I would think that would destory cheetara's character.
I think she might be older but if she around lion-o's age and a interest for lion-o they will show they have more in common then a L/C pairing. Since they said a few ep will be about her nothing has to be forced. Cheetara's character is on a steady decline and would've been even if she did choose lion-o and this ep would've went down the same way
Old 03-29-2012, 09:31 AM   #426
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
I would've thought cheetara would've used her staff to make giant roots come up and fling atticus and kaynar like 50 feet in the air and lion-o and cheetara both punch slithe in the face at the same time for an instant KO but no she gave up and allowed herself to get put in a choke hold by atticus.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #427
cmangund
Quote:
Agree. Most of those fans are tygra fans.
Looks like we three main leagues now:

L/C Justice League
T/C Defense League
No Triangle League

Old 03-29-2012, 09:54 AM   #428
L08e16o
Quote:
I would've thought cheetara would've used her staff to make giant roots come up and fling atticus and kaynar like 50 feet in the air and lion-o and cheetara both punch slithe in the face at the same time for an instant KO but no she gave up and allowed herself to get put in a choke hold by atticus.
Maybe she likes that choke hold.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:05 AM   #429
cmangund
Quote:
He's probably referring to one of the times Cmangund and I were throwing out wacky theories.
Ah good times, good times indeed all the wacky theories.
Like Holmes always said "It's just a simple process of elimination."

Old 03-29-2012, 11:58 AM   #430
stormbringer
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
Ah good times, good times indeed all the wacky theories.
Like Holmes always said "It's just a simple process of elimination."

Old 03-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #431
stormbringer
Quote:
I guess making her statement for her "love" of a flower, was more important to her.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:13 PM   #432
Mako Crab
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Who said that?
(referring to people calling for the death or severe punishment of Cheetara)

Stormbringer said that. And I don't think it's cool.

Quote:
Maybe Lion-o needs to embrace his inner Claudus, and banish Cheetara(and probably Tygra who will definately turn on him when he does), for the sake of the mission. Cheetara has proven Lion-o can't trust her on any level, and his relationship with Tygra is only going to deteriorate even more with "Lady Macbeth" pulling the strings.
Quote:
At this point I find Cheetara more villainous than the "bad guys". She is a danger to the whole team, Jaga's ghost needs to come out of the Book, and demote Cheetara and train the Wilykittens to be clerics.
Quote:
For a moment when I saw Cheetara standing there,with her staff in the ground, I half expected her to reveal she was working with Mumm-ra all along. Seriously Claudus would have had her head if she pulled that crap on him.
Quote:
Cheetara is definately the weak link in the team. Lion-o should banish her, before she gets them all killed. But then that would put Lion-o and tygra at odds again, maybe we'll get lucky and she'll get killed off before too much longer.
Mako Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:18 PM   #433
Given2u
Thunder Kitty
You know I've been thinking. If they said that the love triangle would be important, why would she choose so early (episode 13) when there "52 episodes. It's weird. I think (1) the writing don't know what they're doing, (2) they drastically rewrote the story, or (3) there will be a love interest switch. Usually when a guy/girl confesses early in an anime/cartoon it usually means that they will not last. But that is that thing--- who would want a person played you and distrust your decisions. That is not a complicated love triangle. The love triangle in "Broken Blade" is complicated. The main character want to be with Sygewn but she is married to Hord. Hord loves Sygewn but she does not. She loves Rygart. Rygart will not betray Hord. NOW THAT IS COMPLICTED!!
Given2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:30 PM   #434
Mako Crab
Thunder Kitty
Lion-O is still immature. His decisions aren't to always be trusted. For instance, Ramlak Rising. Lion-O made some pretty poor decisions against the advice of his teammates and nearly got them all killed.
The Duelist and the Drifter is another good example where Lion-O's own short temper, cockiness, and immaturity nearly cost him the Sword of Omens. He's still growing into the role of being king, but he's got a ways to go yet, and he's still making rash, irresponsible decisions.
Mako Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:47 PM   #435
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Doesn't look like Thundercats is going to return for good. CN didn't list them as a returning show at the convention http://therealmcast.com/24471/cartoo...ats-mentioned/

Last edited by hollowdheart; 03-29-2012 at 01:50 PM..
hollowdheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:06 PM   #436
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako Crab View Post
Lion-O is still immature. His decisions aren't to always be trusted. For instance, Ramlak Rising. Lion-O made some pretty poor decisions against the advice of his teammates and nearly got them all killed.
The Duelist and the Drifter is another good example where Lion-O's own short temper, cockiness, and immaturity nearly cost him the Sword of Omens. He's still growing into the role of being king, but he's got a ways to go yet, and he's still making rash, irresponsible decisions.
I don't think anyone will argue that, but the characters have some growning too.

Lion-o is driven to unite the animals.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:10 PM   #437
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Given2u View Post
You know I've been thinking. If they said that the love triangle would be important, why would she choose so early (episode 13) when there "52 episodes. It's weird. I think (1) the writing don't know what they're doing, (2) they drastically rewrote the story, or (3) there will be a love interest switch. Usually when a guy/girl confesses early in an anime/cartoon it usually means that they will not last. But that is that thing--- who would want a person played you and distrust your decisions. That is not a complicated love triangle. The love triangle in "Broken Blade" is complicated. The main character want to be with Sygewn but she is married to Hord. Hord loves Sygewn but she does not. She loves Rygart. Rygart will not betray Hord. NOW THAT IS COMPLICTED!!
This is what I said in the begining. Usually they won't show their final pair so early. They always make them go through tough situations or dating other people.

There is a lot of complicated triangles, but they give each party development.

First love triangle I saw was Tenchi (T/R/A).
Old 03-29-2012, 02:11 PM   #438
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post
Doesn't look like Thundercats is going to return for good. CN didn't list them as a returning show at the convention the Realm Cast | Cartoon Network announces new and returning shows. No THUNDERCATS mentioned.
That will kill any interest in the show.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:12 PM   #439
stormbringer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako Crab View Post
It's not just Lion-o who is immature, short tempered or cocky. Those all describe Tygra as well. As far as lessons go, all 3 Lion-o, tygra and cheetara need to learn some of those.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:18 PM   #440
stormbringer
Quote:
This is what I said in the begining. Usually they won't show their final pair so early. They always make them go through tough situations or dating other people.

There is a lot of complicated triangles, but they give each party development.

First love triangle I saw was Tenchi (T/R/A).
These writers don't know how to do a complicated triangle. What will probably happen to further prolong it, is that T/C will break up in 1 episode for little to no reason, and then L/C will get together with no mention of Cheetara leading both guys on.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:29 PM   #441
L08e16o
Quote:
These writers don't know how to do a complicated triangle. What will probably happen to further prolong it, is that T/C will break up in 1 episode for little to no reason, and then L/C will get together with no mention of Cheetara leading both guys on.
That sounds like the MO.

T/L will be best friends to after it.

I wonder if they planned for only 26 episodes.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:31 PM   #442
stormbringer
Quote:
That sounds like the MO.

T/L will be best friends to after it.

I wonder if they planned for only 26 episodes.
It is getting kind of hard to believe that they plan these things out in advance, isn't it?
Old 03-29-2012, 02:33 PM   #443
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Nah cheetara will dump tygra for snow-meow, lion-o will & snarf will laugh at tygra followed by the kittens laughing at tygra then panthro and the entire berbil village laughing at tygra followed by jaga appearing out of the book to laugh at tygra and finally mumm-ra looking through his cauldron along with slithe atticus and kaynor also laughing at tygra And iI forgot to mention I'll be laughing at tygra
Old 03-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #444
stormbringer
Quote:
Nah cheetara will dump tygra for snow-meow, lion-o will & snarf will laugh at tygra followed by the kittens laughing at tygra then panthro and the entire berbil village laughing at tygra followed by jaga appearing out of the book to laugh at tygra and finally mumm-ra looking through his cauldron along with slithe atticus and kaynor also laughing at tygra And iI forgot to mention I'll be laughing at tygra
Will Ma-mutt and Snarfer, join in on the fun?
Old 03-29-2012, 02:39 PM   #445
L08e16o
Quote:
It is getting kind of hard to believe that they plan these things out in advance, isn't it?
I think they planned it out, but I don't know if they thought they would get this reaction.

They were not expecting all the L/C questions at the Comic Con.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:46 PM   #446
stormbringer
Quote:
I think they planned it out, but I don't know if they thought they would get this reaction.

They were not expecting all the L/C questions at the Comic Con.
Like we were saying before, if they wanted T/C or L/C, they should have gone with one or the other from the start. Or at at least give both equal build-up, not lame flashbacks about flowers.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:52 PM   #447
L08e16o
Quote:
Like we were saying before, if they wanted T/C or L/C, they should have gone with one or the other from the start. Or at at least give both equal build-up, not lame flashbacks about flowers.
or left out romance.

I agree 1000%.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:59 PM   #448
stormbringer
Quote:
or left out romance.

I agree 1000%.
The writers have made everyone in this look pretty bad. Cheetara now looks totally irresponsible, both personally by leading Lion-o on, and professionally, by surrendering in battle. She should be glad that Claudus is gone, he definately wasn't the merciful type...
Old 03-29-2012, 03:05 PM   #449
L08e16o
Quote:
The writers have made everyone in this look pretty bad. Cheetara now looks totally irresponsible, both personally by leading Lion-o on, and professionally, by surrendering in battle. She should be glad that Claudus is gone, he definately wasn't the merciful type...
Or Jaga. What is werid is I believe jaga would never assign cheetara to him. Unless he had a motive. She was young and so is he. He needed some one older than she is.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:11 PM   #450
stormbringer
Quote:
Or Jaga. What is werid is I believe jaga would never assign cheetara to him. Unless he had a motive. She was young and so is he. He needed some one older than she is.
Perhaps Jaga thought she would be able to handle things more maturely than she did, being a cleric and all. One of the problems with Cheetara is that she refuses to take any responsiblity for this mess. She even blamed Jaga, by saying he was the one who sent het to look after Lion-o. If Cheetara admitted fault and apologized, Lion-o would likely forgive her.