TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 06-16-2012, 12:16 PM   #51
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
So lion-o goes from one trinagle (T/C/L) to another one (M/P/L).

The females go behind lion-o's back to hook up with the males that try to kill him.

L/P should be over.
Wilykit was the one that always had faith in Lion-o at the start of the Trials. Looking at this episode, it looks like Lion-o/Wilykit. The relationship work should be very easy and all he has to do is wait until she ages.
Singe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:19 PM   #52
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singe View Post
Wilykit was the one that always had faith in Lion-o at the start of the Trials. Looking at this episode, it looks like Lion-o/Wilykit. The relationship work should be very easy and all he has to do is wait until she ages.
That is crazy.

They have a lot of elements that are like the Comics.

Jaga should've came in and strip cheetara of being a cleric and give it to kit.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:37 PM   #53
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
What a fanfic ending.....

Coulda been worse. If she didnt betray him I woulda gave it a higher rating, still it doesnt make sence if she was saved right away by mumm-ra how she ended up in the pit as a prisoner? Wouldnt she be chillin at the pyramid?

Other than that I rather enjoyed it, and will be sad if the show really does end like that. But for what its worth......... RANKINBASS!!!
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #54
AdamofEternia
Thunder Kitty
i think for liono , romance should be left alone. i would rather have him focus all his attention into being a bad ass king/leader. this is one time i am actually glad the writers went with the betrayal route with a thundercat because it made sense and it added to the story.
AdamofEternia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:46 PM   #55
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamofEternia View Post
i think for liono , romance should be left alone. i would rather have him focus all his attention into being a bad ass king/leader. this is one time i am actually glad the writers went with the betrayal route with a thundercat because it made sense and it added to the story.
But this is so close to the comic and they said that it wasn't.

They had the chance to make him BA and they didn't. I just don't believe that is what MJ wants.

Last edited by L08e16o; 06-16-2012 at 02:27 PM..
Old 06-16-2012, 12:46 PM   #56
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
I wonder if the Pumyra that betrayed Lion-O and the Thundercats is an evil clone while the real Pumyra still lies underneath the rubble back on Thundera.
From watching the episode, it looks like the real Pumyra was dead and was replaced by an evil clone created by Mumm-Ra with the magic of the Ancient Spirits of Evil.

If Pumyra was dead, then so would Lynx-O as well. That's why we haven't seen him since his cameo in the pilot episode. If Bengali were to be introduced, they'd likely have him be evil and be Tygra's foil.

Last edited by vantheman77; 06-16-2012 at 12:49 PM..
vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:49 PM   #57
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman77 View Post
I wonder if the Pumyra that betrayed Lion-O and the Thundercats is an evil clone while the real Pumyra still lies underneath the rubble back on Thundera.
From watching the episode, it looks like the real Pumyra was dead and was replaced by an evil clone created by Mumm-Ra with the magic of the Ancient Spirits of Evil.
I think if MJ is still in charge, L/P will happen.

At least cheetara's VA has more lines in the TRON show and a bigger role. I am enjoying that show.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #58
fuukonomiko
Harbinger of Tiger Doom
Now that Pumyra is out of the picture, I can finally work on my Lion-O/OC fic, heh heh heh. I typically don't break ships to pair up an OC with the main character, now I can .

I officially dub the new ship "Pumumm-ra."

I'm really going to get flamed for that one. Help!!!!
fuukonomiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:47 PM   #59
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kregermeister View Post
What a fanfic ending.....

Coulda been worse. If she didnt betray him I woulda gave it a higher rating, still it doesnt make sence if she was saved right away by mumm-ra how she ended up in the pit as a prisoner? Wouldnt she be chillin at the pyramid?

Other than that I rather enjoyed it, and will be sad if the show really does end like that. But for what its worth......... RANKINBASS!!!
She was planted in the group of slaves that Dobo bought. Mumm-ra must have used clairvoyance to predict where Lion-o would go or planted her ahead of time knowing he would go there one day.

Quote:

If Pumyra was dead, then so would Lynx-O as well. That's why we haven't seen him since his cameo in the pilot episode. If Bengali were to be introduced, they'd likely have him be evil and be Tygra's foil.
Not an evil clone, Mumm-ra said it was Pumyra's legit angry vengeful spirit. Her body could be similar to the Tiger Clan which is a spirit body on Ancient Spirit support. Once it's gone, she would just fade out.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #60
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
Basically if Pumyra were to be redeemed, it would end up with a price like Return of the Jedi.

This leaves open for a female cat who could be a reincarnation of Panthera or open up a relationship with Wilykit, although she's too young for him.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:09 PM   #61
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
Perhaps in season two he uses the Soul Stone to safely sever her connection to Mumm-Ra.
Since she's alive due to ASoE, she'd just.....fade away.
hollowdheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 02:18 PM   #62
MegaGearX
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post
Mumm-Ra has stated that Lion-O hasn't mastered the Spirit Stone yet. He might be able to resurrect her like he was resurrected by the stone in the Trials.
MegaGearX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 02:18 PM   #63
Balgus82
Please no Lion-O/Kit shipping. She's 8. Stop being sick.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #64
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
So now we know what Mumm-ra has been up to.

Mumm-ra: That's right my kitty. Be mean to Lion-o. Oooh, you don't like it Lion-o. Now be nice to him and purr. *Smiles* Hmmmmmm, good.
Slithe: Master Mumm-ra, I just got news of........ O_O;
Mumm-ra: *Shocked and embrassed* How dare you interrupt me while I'm making magic.
Slithe: I'm sorry.
Mumm-ra: GET OUT!! Ancient Spirits of Evil transform this decayed form into Mumm-ra the Everliving.
Slithe: *Stares* "Why did he have to transform?"
Mumm-ra: Quit staring. *Blasts Slithe.*
Old 06-16-2012, 02:26 PM   #65
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGearX View Post
Mumm-Ra has stated that Lion-O hasn't mastered the Spirit Stone yet. He might be able to resurrect her like he was resurrected by the stone in the Trials.
Agree.

That is what I think would happen if MJ is still running the show.

Lion-o will feel bad and they will hook up. Whatever.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:34 PM   #66
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
But would it ever have those properties? And even then, how would he be able to fully trust her? Part of her mind had to be allowing Mumm-Ra to control her. And even then, she's been dead for.....months? What good is resurrecting her after she's been through so much already? She should be in peace.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:40 PM   #67
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Pumyra is on borrowed time being powered by the same magic as Mumm-ra. L/P is more sick right now than M/P. At least M/P are undead while L/P screams necrophiliac.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:48 PM   #68
L08e16o
Quote:
Pumyra is on borrowed time being powered by the same magic as Mumm-ra. L/P is more sick right now than M/P. At least M/P are undead while L/P screams necrophiliac.

She took over kits role of changing his bandages. This is like the comics.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #69
L08e16o
Quote:
But would it ever have those properties? And even then, how would he be able to fully trust her? Part of her mind had to be allowing Mumm-Ra to control her. And even then, she's been dead for.....months? What good is resurrecting her after she's been through so much already? She should be in peace.
Why would you want her with lion-o after all she has done to him?
Old 06-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #70
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
You know, if they bring back Grune we'd have two evil Thundercats serving under Mumm-Ra. I wonder if Pumyra was trained by Grune back in Thundera.

After Pumyra's betrayal, I'd rather they not bring in Bengali.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:52 PM   #71
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Why would you want her with lion-o after all she has done to him?
I don't now. I'm just so shocked and pissed off. This is even worse than BB's ending.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:57 PM   #72
L08e16o
Quote:
I don't now. I'm just so shocked and pissed off. This is even worse than BB's ending.
I think BB was worse.

Pumyra died and mummra brought her back to life. Unlike tygra giving a flower to cheetara 8-12 years ago. Everything about pumyra is present, not in the past.

I can understand her hate.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:58 PM   #73
L08e16o
Quote:
You know, if they bring back Grune we'd have two evil Thundercats serving under Mumm-Ra. I wonder if Pumyra was trained by Grune back in Thundera.

After Pumyra's betrayal, I'd rather they not bring in Bengali.
Why not??

I love Bengali.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:07 PM   #74
Paul
Thunder Kitty
I thought this was a great episode and good season finale. It would be good to compile a list of relevant episodes and watch those as one big movie- omitting the filler episodes.

Eg. Episodes 1-7, 9-17, 19-21, 25-26

If there is no second season I would be upset. However something likean hour long movie esque finish would do me. I've said before - but I'd preorder a complete DVD of season 2 now if it helped to re-commission the thing, and I'm sure a lot of people would.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 03:14 PM   #75
vantheman77
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Why not??

I love Bengali.
I'm concerned he'd be done the same way they did Pumyra. Join up with the Thundercats and then betray them.

A good thing Dobo gave a good kick to Pumyra. Maybe they should take her back to the Pit. Two betrayals to the Thundercats in this episode.

I thought for a moment that the other animal races would not aid the Thundercats, but I almost forgot about the Forever Bag.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #76
Thunderian scholar
Jaga's disciple

OMG! OMG!! OMG!1!!111!! My beloved character Pumyra betrayed teh cats… Baaaaawwwww…………………………

Quote:
I think if he truly resurrected her (and not merely rescued her from the rubble), he could have also tampered with her mind to ensure her loyalty. Sometimes, lies AND magic can turn someone evil--ask Adora from MOTU.

The mind tampering also allows for her possible redemption at some point.
I hope so!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
Looks like Wilykit is the only female character that hasn't been made to look bad at some point. So I guess Pumyra is technically undead like a liche or something?
Zombiefied Pumyra… bawwwww!
Quote:
He brought her back from the dead.

I still think she would go to the TC and be with lion-o in the end.
please please please please please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuukonomiko View Post
Not right now....Lion-O is young still anyway. What is he? 17? He's about 9 years older than she is, so in about 9 to 10 years, he'll be 27, she'll be 18. Not so Loli there

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
Perhaps in season two he uses the Soul Stone to safely sever her connection to Mumm-Ra.
Pumyra lives!

Quote:
That was a good season finale as it doesn't work as a series finale. I still hope we get a second season. Pumyra's betrayal was something we saw coming and there were clues in the last several episodes from the minute she first saw him back in the Pit, her giving him the Sword of Plundarr, and wanting the Tech Stone thus having the Bird City crash to the ground with lives inside. She is the second Thundercat to betray them and has replaced Grune as I called it. However, it was an interesting backstory and twist of how it was done.
The other betrayal was Voltaire, who shot down Tygra and stood with Mumm-Ra's mutant generals. The sword fight between Lion-O and Mumm-Ra was a good and we now know what the 4th stone is going to do - give Lion-O the Armor of Omens.
I was hoping to see Cheetara cheer up Lion-O, but Wilykit ended up doing it and the twins saved the day. It was great to see the other animal races unite under Lion-O's leadership. This gives us an idea of what a second season would look like. Great season finale.
Bring on Season 2!!!!

Quote:
in terms of love interests, there could be another female cat out there for liono. i still think there is gonna be a reincarnation of panthera in the second season. there was something off about pumyra in the first place when she was introduced and im sorry but she aint queen material.
Who know? I hope they (writers) redeem her to be a normal cat and not a brainwashed zombie.

Quote:
If the show is finished, the backup plan is to opt for a movie to finish the series. One stone left, deal with Pumyra and Mumm-ra. Rebuild the Kingdom and Lion-o couples with Wilykit in a number of years.

Tygra: I'm starting to get jealous.
Cheetara: Jealous of what?
Tygra: How quickly you go around hitting on other guys.
*Cheetara smacks Atticus across the face.*
Cheetara: Yeah, I do like hitting on other guys.

Watched it again.

Yeah, she has little choice. Just like the Tiger Clan, if she turns on Mumm-ra the Ancient Spirits will revoke her second life and she'll die.

Well it's official, Lion-O is going Loli next. He tried it with an older woman and failed. He tried it with a reanimated corpse and failed. Now all he has is one girl who always had faith in him, despite the age gap he should just go ahead and just go for the relationship. All of the emotional groundwork is there and he just needs to wait until she's to the age that their laws allows. Otherwise, **** the rules I'm the King. Get over here Wilykit and purr for me.

Quote:

Quote:
She was planted in the group of slaves that Dobo bought. Mumm-ra must have used clairvoyance to predict where Lion-o would go or planted her ahead of time knowing he would go there one day.

Not an evil clone, Mumm-ra said it was Pumyra's legit angry vengeful spirit. Her body could be similar to the Tiger Clan which is a spirit body on Ancient Spirit support. Once it's gone, she would just fade out.
Quote:
Thunderian scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #77
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
It's just so disappointing. She seemed so cool, and everything. I don't know how they'll redeem her, if they even try. But i still stand by her going to the afterlife.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #78
Given2u
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
i hope i am not the only one who thinks this episode is the best of the series and i really enjoyed it. i never would have thought pumyra and mum-ra are lovers nor did i see her betraying liono for mum-ra. it does suck for liono again in the romance department but i'm sure there would be other cats out there in season 2.
You know I was thinking... If they do decide to to mske a season 2-- which I doubt, He will have his "permanent" love interest. I saw the CN trailer before the show started and saw a female with white fur and red eyes. Maybe she belongs to the white tiger clan? Unless I'm mistaken. Check it out...
Given2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #79
AdamofEternia
Thunder Kitty
where is the trailer at?
AdamofEternia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #80
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Given2u View Post
You know I was thinking... If they do decide to to mske a season 2-- which I doubt, He will have his "permanent" love interest. I saw the CN trailer before the show started and saw a female with white fur and red eyes. Maybe she belongs to the white tiger clan? Unless I'm mistaken. Check it out...
I didn't. I watched it and didn't see anything.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:31 PM   #81
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
What trailer? I haven't seen one.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:41 PM   #82
L08e16o
Quote:
I don't think there is one. The only white tiger is Bengali.

Last edited by L08e16o; 06-16-2012 at 04:46 PM..
Old 06-16-2012, 04:46 PM   #83
Given2u
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
give me a few. I'll look for it.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:58 PM   #84
Given2u
Thunder Kitty
Here it is
Old 06-16-2012, 05:06 PM   #85
L08e16o
Quote:
Here it is
That was cheetara.

Maybe under a different producer we will get L/C.

Last edited by L08e16o; 06-16-2012 at 05:08 PM..
Old 06-16-2012, 05:18 PM   #86
Given2u
Thunder Kitty
She looks different. She doesn't have her red patches of fur around her eyes. I guess I was wrong. I here I had a little hope our Lion-O

Last edited by Given2u; 06-16-2012 at 05:23 PM..
Old 06-16-2012, 05:39 PM   #87
stormbringer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum Star View Post
So they went with Pumrya bieng evil huh? Not too crazy about that for two reasons. 1- Her reason sucks, as she's turned against Lion-O to join the guy responsible for the attack. 2- You know that next season rather than bieng supportive and trying to help his brother get throught this, Tygra is going to be a jerk.

Now the question is, will they actually get a season 2 to follow this up with?
If they don't get a second season, they'll probably do a movie showcasing Mumm-ras final defeat, Pumyra's vengeful spirit being put to rest, and a fastfoward several years with Lion-o. as king of a rebuilt Thundera. Of course with Lion-o's terrible luck with women he'll still be single.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:42 PM   #88
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Quote:
If they don't get a second season, they'll probably do a movie showcasing Mumm-ras final defeat, Pumyra's vengeful spirit being put to rest, and a fastfoward several years with Lion-o. as king of a rebuilt Thundera. Of course with Lion-o's terrible luck with women he'll still be single.
If the Producer doing the next TCATS cartoon is not MJ, then higher chance all will be "good for Lion-O", especially if the OS writers are in-charge.

Last edited by cmangund; 06-16-2012 at 05:47 PM..
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:59 PM   #89
L08e16o
Quote:
Wait, I thought they weren't following the comics.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:05 PM   #90
xhavoc86
Thunder Kitty
OH NO THEY DIN'T!

I cannot believe they did that Pumyra!!! She is my favorite Thundercat, how dare they make her a traitor!
xhavoc86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:06 PM   #91
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Thunderian scholar time for the final nail in the coffin. Pumyra and Mumm-ra making-out with tongue.

Lion-O: Everybody, I have an announcement.
Tygra: I wonder what it is?
Lion-O: I'm engaged, to Wilykit.
Everyone: O_O
Wilykat: My sis?!
Panthro: He's lost his mind.
Lion-O: It all makes perfect sense. The first two girls I've tried to be with were failures, but right there under my nose literally. There was one girl who always had faith in me and never doubted me. That was Wilykit.
Wilykat: Come sis, tell us this is a joke?
Wilykit: *Hugs on Lion-O's arm.* I'm going to be a queen.
Jaga: *Appears* Lion-O.
Lion-O: Yes, Jaga.
Jaga: *Gives a thumbs.* Lion-O, good job!
Lion-O: Thanks Jaga.
Tygra: Who is he talking to?
Cheetara: I think it's Jaga, but I don't see him.
Panthro: As I said, he's lost his mind.
Lion-O: Ro-Bear Bill, I want you to build a time chamber to age Wilykit to my same age.
Ro-Bear Bill: Uhhhhhhhh.
Bear Bill: Just shake your head and wave.
Ro-Bear Bill: *Shakes head and waves.* Yes. We love you Lion-O.
Lion-O: Good.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:08 PM   #92
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Quote:
Wait, I thought they weren't following the comics.
You know maybe all L/C TCATS fans should gather money and make a fanmade TCATS movie with L/C ship. Then stick it up to WB

That WW movie with BM/WW ship that the many2 fans funded is going well. That DC starting to "look at it" and "interested" with the cast and crew of the movie with the way how BM/WW live action movie interactions should be done.

Last edited by cmangund; 06-16-2012 at 06:18 PM..
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:09 PM   #93
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
She looks different. She doesn't have her red patches of fur around her eyes. I guess I was wrong. I here I had a little hope our Lion-O
She does have the markings, they just monochromed everything but her eyes. in that shot.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #94
stormbringer
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhavoc86 View Post
OH NO THEY DIN'T!

I cannot believe they did that Pumyra!!! She is my favorite Thundercat, how dare they make her a traitor!
I fear they may have done worse than just make her a traitor. They seem to have hinted that she maybe Mumm-ras undead lover! Which is disturbing to say the least.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:20 PM   #95
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I fear they may have done worse than just make her a traitor. They seem to have hinted that she maybe Mumm-ras undead lover! Which is disturbing to say the least.
And also that she's bound to the living world by the ASoE, so if she was freed she'd....fade away like Tygra's people.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #96
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
The way she so passionately kissed that shield.

The ending with Lion-O and the entire group. It needs that screen wipe to Star Wars end credits.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #97
dj7000
Thunder Kitty
cant wait to see
dj7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #98
L08e16o
Quote:
And also that she's bound to the living world by the ASoE, so if she was freed she'd....fade away like Tygra's people.
They will come up with something off screen that will save her. I don't think pumyra will be bad.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #99
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj7000 View Post
Latest rumor Hasbro might wanna snag it and revamp it on the dieing Hub as a last ditch effort to save the franchise and the network. take that with extreme trepidation as I trust absolutely nothing about hasbro anymore. Even if it does come to light, chances are they'll muff it.
I heard Bandai still has the license. They paid for it, I don't think they will give it up yet.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:31 PM   #100
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
The way she so passionately kissed that shield.

The ending with Lion-O and the entire group. It needs that screen wipe to Star Wars end credits.
I need to watch the episode....let me see if it's On Demand...