TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats News and Rumors

Old 07-15-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
MTVGeek just tweeted this.

"During the DC Nation panel, producer Michael Jelenic says THUNDERCATS not cancelled, but CN still figuring out next steps. ‪#mtvsdcc"

https://twitter.com/MTVGeek/status/224608749669711875
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:11 PM   #2
Mongor
You got red on you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post

"During the DC Nation panel, producer Michael Jelenic says THUNDERCATS not cancelled, but CN still figuring out next steps. ‪#mtvsdcc"

Best news I've received all day! Thanks for the update!
Mongor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:23 PM   #3
krazycp
Thunder Kitty
Awesome. Maybe they are just trying to look at what worked/what didn't and develop a new strategy for Season 2. I really truly believe we are getting Season 2 and Waves 3 & 4 of the toys, probably next year.
krazycp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #4
Thunderian scholar
Jaga's disciple
YES!!!! Redemption for Pumyra!!!!! Oh and keeping consistent with the characters and let Lion-O shine and remember what he learnt from the lessons before! Panthro could be more active as well using his nunchucks again. Tygra be less a dick and Cheetara more a cleric again. No so much couple smoochies. Snarf and the twins can stay like they are… The allies can come with them, not forgetting the freed cat from Mount Plun-Darr can play again a vital role for rebuilding Thundera.

Mumm-ra has the sword and the tech-stone, so let him try to get the last stone with the help of "puppet" Pumyra (I refuse to call her the real one) and at last be freed and revived by the spirit stone!

Last edited by Thunderian scholar; 07-15-2012 at 06:05 PM..
Thunderian scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:39 PM   #5
Balgus82
well looks like mtv misquoted a little. here's the vid.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:51 PM   #6
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
I'd say they misquoted A LOT.
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:32 PM   #7
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
that just means they don't know, which is better than a it's cancelled.
CCDustyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:53 PM   #8
monothingie
Broken Beyond Repair
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDustyV View Post
that just means they don't know, which is better than a it's cancelled.

Kudos to the person asking the question because it caught him off guard. He had to come up with something quick to keep the fans in the room from reacting negatively. Do you really think he would say the NS was canceled in front of that audience? That was a saving face answer.

The fact that no one knows anything or won't say anything just maintains the status quo of unknown. Don't start celebrating yet, but don't start digging the grave yet either.
monothingie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:18 AM   #9
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Sounds like their just passifying the fans there. This is WB. They DO NOT care about ThunderCats anymore. Bandai also Do Not Care.

Mezco/Minimates care. That is all.
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:31 AM   #10
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by monothingie View Post
Kudos to the person asking the question because it caught him off guard. He had to come up with something quick to keep the fans in the room from reacting negatively. Do you really think he would say the NS was canceled in front of that audience? That was a saving face answer.

The fact that no one knows anything or won't say anything just maintains the status quo of unknown. Don't start celebrating yet, but don't start digging the grave yet either.
oh definately not celebrating yet but haven't lost hope. situations like that could also possibly turn the tide in favor of the show. The surprise question on ThunderCats, followed by a full room applause when talking about the show... CN and WB execs could see that and possibly start reviewing their TC file. long shot but a shot none the less.
CCDustyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:52 AM   #11
Zulithe
Thunder Kitty
Not all that encouraging but I'm holding out hope. Even if the show is picked up for another season, this is confirmation that they haven't really started production. It would be a good year or so before we get new episodes. :/
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:42 PM   #12
Thunderian scholar
Jaga's disciple
Quote:
well looks like mtv misquoted a little. here's the vid.
*sigh* It's like waiting for death row…
Thunderian scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:52 PM   #13
L08e16o
Chill.

It is in hiatus.

IMO in a year or so, they will do another reboot or continue the story with a new crew. Hope they keep the art though.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:08 PM   #14
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Sounds like a load of BS said to say anything other than "it's cancelled".

I greatly want it to continue, but I'm not going to put any hope in it doing so...
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:50 PM   #15
Smasher
Thunder Kitty
If it had been cancelled then they would have said as much.
The fact that they aren't saying anything really though is not very encouraging.

Also: I can not stand vertical videos.
TURN.
THE PHONE.
SIDEWAYS.
Smasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:17 PM   #16
Grippen
Thunder Kitty
Actually, and I don't want to sound negative but this type of feedback means that is more to be cancelled then anything else. Off course they won't say its cancelled otherwise everyone will just disconnect specially outside US. My guess is that if it depends from US market its cancelled, but they are waiting to see how is goes outside namely in UK.
Grippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:17 PM   #17
Balgus82
IMO They're giving vague answers because they honestly don't know yet. They can't give the answer to a question that they don't know the answer to.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #18
Mummra
Thunder Kitty
That's me asking the question in the video. I'm surprised the question was even cleared. I had a feeling the screener was a fan. Was disappointed that the moderator (Kevin Smith) didn't try to push Jeff further on the issue. I was wearing my ThunderCats Tshirt and lanyard so it's hard to say if they were taken off guard. I was the 2-3 last question so they had plenty of time to prepare for the answer. The general mood in the room was positive. The majority of the previous questions were softballs. Looking back I wish I had the courage to press them into an explanation.

Last edited by Mummra; 07-17-2012 at 11:18 AM.. Reason: Grammar
Mummra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:56 PM   #19
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummra View Post
That's me asking the question in the video. I'm surprised the question was even cleared. I had a feeling the screener was a fan. Was disappointed that the moderator (Kevin Smith) didn't try to push Jeff further on the issue. I was wearing my ThunderCats Tshirt and lanyard so it's hard to say if they were taken off guard. I was the 2-3 last question so they had plenty of time to prepare for the answer. The general mood in the room was positive. The majority of the previous questions were softballs. Looking back I wish I had the courage to press them into an explanation.
Don't feel bad about not having pressed them further. I firmly believe they would have danced around the subject and moved on. My personal theory is that WB has placed a "gag order" on all those guys to not discuss the status of Thundercats until after the show and toys have had their run in the UK. Do I believe they do know what is going on? Possibly, but seeing how WB is their employer, they aren't going to say anything until the all clear is sounded.

And thank you for having asked the question.
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:21 PM   #20
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smasher View Post
No, they wouldn't have. The show is still airing new episodes in the UK, and they're still in the process of releasing new product there too. If they show really is being canned, than they won't say anything about it till after there's no more money to be made in the UK. If they can keep the illusion that there's still a chance of it continuing, than they'll still get plenty of viewers and sales in the UK (again, that's assuming that the show really is canned).

Anyways, it could very well continue, or it could very well end prematurely. We'll just have to wait and see.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:34 PM   #21
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smasher View Post
Not so much, no.

As has been mentioned, there are plenty of cases where the network knew the series was cancelled and either lied or misled the public and in some cases, even the cast in order to keep the spin they want and to aim for the best viewership in all their markets.

Until global distribution has caught up, you won't get any official answer.

When SyFy decided to cancel Eureka, they kept the cast and everyone in the dark until the day after SDCC and then cancelled the series so that the public wouldn't fixate on it and the cast would behave as if everything was all right at the panels.

When CN cancelled Transformers Animated, they waited until the show had aired in all their markets and had given the final wave time to saturate before officially cancelling the series. In the interim, people like Derrick Wyatt couldn't answer any questions about what was going on, even though he'd cleared out his office at CN in the later weeks and knew the show was over; he had even been told to make sure the season didn't end on a cliffhanger during production. At Toy Shows, the figures that ended up as TRU exclusives weren't on display with other Transformer products, they were only in the press releases and photo galleries sent out from Hasbros press department.

Those are two of many, many examples out there.
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:59 PM   #22
Smasher
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
As has been mentioned, there are plenty of cases where the network knew the series was cancelled and either lied or misled the public and in some cases, even the cast in order to keep the spin they want and to aim for the best viewership in all their markets.
Poop.
Smasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:47 PM   #23
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
I've pretty much given up on the series. This way, if it does end up continuing, I'll be pleasantly surprised. Also, if it is cancelled, my expectations were met.
Dr Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:40 PM   #24
merlin
wizard
maybe should put new thundercats series on vortex cw by saban

Last edited by merlin; 07-22-2012 at 06:28 PM..
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:15 PM   #25
moreprimeland
Prime Kitty
Quote:

At least we still have a 'thread' of hope. It's something to hang on to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummra View Post
Just glad you got to ask the question..they know there's fans out there who are upset and want another season. Now hopefully they'll give us another season...or at least a few episodes to close the series if nothing else.
moreprimeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:24 AM   #26
kevster
Thunder Kitty
You mean no one asked him when Jelenic will leave so the property can be done well?

what a disgrace.
kevster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:50 AM   #27
MegatronWolf
Overlord
i just hope they dont decide to reboot the reboot, that would probably make things worse. But it is good to see that it hasent been officially canceled yet. But then again it might be better to get canceled than to sit in limbo forever. I do hope that the show and toyline get another shot, they were both quality products but they were just not managed right.
MegatronWolf is offline   Reply With Quote