TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > Plun-Darr Marketplace > Buy Sell Trade

Old 07-29-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
Wthompson
Thunder Kitty
Hi All,

Decided to part with some of my extra figures, please let me know if your looking for something in particular for reference on what is possibly available please visit this link :

BEHIND THE TOYS - Thundercats Prototype Collection

Or email me directly ig88collector@gmail.com
Wthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:34 PM   #2
Devinebull1978
Thunder Kitty
Hi I am looking for a loose Thunderwings Lion-o ...any help ?
Devinebull1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:10 PM   #3
Thundercat4Life
Thundercat!!!
did you do a Ben-gali? or Jaga?
Thundercat4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:54 PM   #4
Lody
The ORIGINAL Thundercat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wthompson View Post
Hi All,

Decided to part with some of my extra figures, please let me know if your looking for something in particular for reference on what is possibly available please visit this link :

BEHIND THE TOYS - Thundercats Prototype Collection

Or email me directly ig88collector@gmail.com
Where did you get them and where might we have seen these used? Old Toy Fair displays, toy catalogs?
Lody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:18 AM   #5
Wthompson
Thunder Kitty
Hi Guys

Just getting caught up, sorry for the late reply

I have seen Ben gali and jaga some time ago in some fellow collectors collection of prototypes. Most of my items I bought directly from a former employee. I am essentially a prototype collector and have been for about 15 years. I have had a ton of items ranging from the original design for the 18" Alien figure to several prototypes of the 3 " vintage Ben Kenobi, Gijoe , Transformers all kinds of things.

These are pieces of art, some I have are toy fair models, but mainly paint masters. Also have some unprodced.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:00 PM   #6
PANTHRO HOOO
Thunderian Commoner
So is that Panthro a prototype. Id be interested in trading some motu for it.
PANTHRO HOOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:57 AM   #7
Wthompson
Thunder Kitty
Hi,

Panthro is the "talking" mock-up example and came from one of the designers from the line. It's got writing on the back for the word “Button” and is non-sonically welded which means he is plastic and falls apart. He does not have internal posts to mount the battle action mechanisms. It does have a COA as well as that one I got in trade but it sold around 2007 originally.

I have had motu items, 2-up tooling for the “ He-Man” torso I did post it once for sale on He-man.org, aside from some pieces originally owned by Roger Sweet ( Creator ) there isn’t much I would be interested in. After about 15 years of collecting prototype toys these are probably the last things I’ll collect and had decided to stop collecting if I can help it. I have about 30+ handpainted hardcopies and approx 45 individual items in total for the Thundercats line so chances are I know something about them.

I've had items shown at Star Wars Celebration III in collectors panels and have close relationships with the founder of AFA and have helped with Prototype photography for up and coming collector guides.

For Motu I do have a modern Evil-Lyn Hardcopy if anyone is interested.

Last edited by Wthompson; 09-08-2011 at 09:02 AM..
Old 09-08-2011, 09:34 AM   #8
PANTHRO HOOO
Thunderian Commoner
so how much for panthro? did they ever make the talking one?
PANTHRO HOOO is offline   Reply With Quote