TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2012, 02:48 AM   #2101
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
why must they make us so anxious
DarkKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:49 AM   #2102
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
11 minutes til 2012!!!
Old 01-01-2012, 02:49 AM   #2103
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post
excuse me..... NOOOOOOOOOO
Use the BAT GLARE on CN! that will scare them
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:51 AM   #2104
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
oh yeah there reaction
Old 01-01-2012, 03:06 AM   #2105
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
Happy New Year.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:07 AM   #2106
stormbringer
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Happy new year everyone!
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:08 AM   #2107
cmangund
Happy New Year Everyone!
Old 01-01-2012, 06:35 AM   #2108
cmangund
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
You're right.

She did tell the truth, he did get devastated.

She answer for only lion-o, not cheetara.
Considering she did tell the truth, then it is also safe to assume the other things she said:
- When asked about the triangle “Cheetara is a much better person than sancha. Cheetara is at least she is going for the highest good of all those involved, while sancha just stirs up the pot.”
-When the interviewer asked about the spark between Lion-O/Cheetara she said”yeah,.. you know it keeps on evolving, it’s hard to say anything without spoiling it, but it’s a good storyline”

Also the truth evolving and a good storyline, if the spark is not evolving or stopped evolving(just friends/brother/sister thing) or devolving(just friends/brother/sister thing) she will not say a good storyline she will avoid commenting about the storyline altogether.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:38 AM   #2109
cmangund
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
I think its possible that all clerics have a natural affinity towards the eye, which is why they are chosen. All the clerics had super speed like Cheetara, but she had the speed even before she became a cleric.I think the speed is an example of natural magical ability.
Great analysis stormbringer! I agree. This strengthen the Cheetara SoO Connection theory considerably.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:39 AM   #2110
cmangund
Quote:
You made perfect sense Adam, I agree with yout Cheetara doesn't come across as particularly naive, so I doubt she didn't realize what she was doing with Lion-o. Heck, even Tygra and the kittens thought something was going on between L/C.
Agreed, it is just so obvious.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:51 AM   #2111
cmangund
Quote:
If T/C gets together Cheetara is going to the background, probably to only be seen rarely. And I honestly don't think Lion-o expects to get everything because he's king, actually I find him to be far less cocky than Tygra, who's kind of a bully. Lion-o was only cocky towards Tygra once, when he was sure Cheetara would choose him. Tygra has been cocky toward Lion-o his entire life.
Agreed. That's just how her character was written from the beginning.

"She's a counselor to Lion-O too. Where Lion-O doesn't believe in himself, Cheetara is the one person on the team who knows what he's capable of and pushing him towards his ultimate place on king."

Last edited by cmangund; 01-01-2012 at 06:57 AM..
Old 01-01-2012, 09:46 AM   #2112
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
Just because you can't think of the story possibilities doesn't mean they're not there. I for one think Cheetara will help calm Tygra down a bit. If you notice when she chides him or gives him advise like she did in Journey to the Tower of Omens, he sits back and thinks about what she said.

I also think loosing her would be good for Lion-O's development. He's starting to become cocky and needs to know he won't necessarily get everything he wants just because he's the king.
I think that was more of her shutting tygra and he looked a bit mad after she put him in his place so i don't he thought about what she said.I personally like how lion-o's character is developing as he lives out his childhood dreams which ironically become his real life nightmare and now its time for him to man up. Tygra with his "sense of entitlement" is much cockier than lion-o and in fact tygra is the one who thinks everything should be his. So if tygra was the king and lets say L/C are together its not hard to see tygra saying "lion-o i'm the king and i want your wife"
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:02 AM   #2113
Balgus82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
I think that was more of her shutting tygra and he looked a bit mad after she put him in his place so i don't he thought about what she said.I personally like how lion-o's character is developing as he lives out his childhood dreams which ironically become his real life nightmare and now its time for him to man up. Tygra with his "sense of entitlement" is much cockier than lion-o and in fact tygra is the one who thinks everything should be his. So if tygra was the king and lets say L/C are together its not hard to see tygra saying "lion-o i'm the king and i want your wife"

Tygra has only said he thinks people should earn what they have and not have it handed to them. So why would he demand Cheetara if she ended up with Lion-O?

He thinks he should be king rather than Lion-O because growing up Lion-O was a slacker and a dreamer while Tygra did all the work. And while he definitely is a little immature in how he acts towards Lion-O, the basic concept of his belief isn't necessarily bad. And I think Tygra will ease up on wanting to be king after he realizes that Lion-O is starting to be more serious about it and is starting to earn it.

Last edited by Balgus82; 01-01-2012 at 11:05 AM..
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:30 AM   #2114
L08e16o
Quote:
Tygra has only said he thinks people should earn what they have and not have it handed to them. So why would he demand Cheetara if she ended up with Lion-O?

He thinks he should be king rather than Lion-O because growing up Lion-O was a slacker and a dreamer while Tygra did all the work. And while he definitely is a little immature in how he acts towards Lion-O, the basic concept of his belief isn't necessarily bad. And I think Tygra will ease up on wanting to be king after he realizes that Lion-O is starting to be more serious about it and is starting to earn it.
A little immature?

The guy kick him down a pit, that is a baby. He didn't get his way, so he went after lion-o. You are a tygra fan.

Earn kingship.

In the real world no one earned kingship, they took it.

The whole theme of tygra is his jealous of lion-o, it stems from him wanting to be king. If he was not jealous of lion-o of being king then he wouldn't be jealous over cheetara and lion-o.

He said it himself, you will always be second best except the crown. That is more than a little immature.

Last edited by L08e16o; 01-01-2012 at 11:36 AM..
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:32 AM   #2115
L08e16o
Quote:
Agreed.

Cheetara can't help tygra. She is going to have to work with lion-o.

The whole has nothing to do with cheetara, it is tygra being jealous of lion-o being king.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:35 AM   #2116
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
By not putting Cheetara with Lion-O that will downgrade her character considerably as Tygra is fine by himself but Cheetara as a character was written from the beginning to support and connected with Lion-O, duty, SoO,etc. Cheetara is A-List female Character, Lon-O A-list Male Character while Tygra B-List Male character. The writers will kill stories they can make with Lion-O/Cheetara, if they did not do this and will make Cheetara just another supporting character in the background and they will loose a lot of Hardcore Lion-O fans. I don't think they are stupid enough to do that, at the very least they will keep this triangle light with Cheetara never really choosing either brothers, either ship go, as with other similar WB cartoon with same exec. producer.
Agreed.

If it is T/C, they will not have enough time to develop the story. With L/C, it is endless of what they can write.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:38 AM   #2117
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamofEternia View Post
what if it's not a foreshadowing of cheetara? there are a total of 52 episodes as of now for this series. there are so much story they still have to tell and we shouldn't give up too soon. im sure there is gonna be a better looking female cat than cheetara that would be more truthful to liono.
The female panther was a main character in legacy.

There will be no other main female character.

The main character always gets the main female, unless there is another main female in the group. There won't be.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #2118
L08e16o
Quote:
maybe the reason the writers didn't want liono with cheetara is probably because it might kind of limit the potential of liono's character as he grows into his destined role. IDK im just guessing, but there are reasons they went with tygra/cheetara. the whole choosing still doesn't make a whole lot of sense. but on a serious note, having cheetara choose so early in the series ruined the dynamic of the three of them. given the way her character was portrayed, i would think she would know better than to add fuel to the fire between the brothers. she shouldn't have chosen anyone IMHO due to her role as a cleric, which was very important to the king and his quest to restore their fallen kingdom. the way i see it now, she can't do her job effectively just for the fact that liono is now heartbroken. i would say the writers have written themselves into a big hole. i still think the romance subplot was highly unecessary.
But the main writer said they will bump heads less.

How his he going to restore his kingdom without a mate.

They wrote the romance in there, something the thunderdads have always wanted.

They will not waste 12 episodes to do a rush in romance.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #2119
L08e16o
Quote:
If you think about it, it's highly unlikely they will only make the "reason" of her following him around that simple, Jelenic said a defenitive answer to it. So the answer must be something like the Cheetara SoO Conetion theories, They have been using the words choosing for a couple of episodes for both SoO and Cheetara and the brothers, that's one of the key I think. this choosing this is not as simple as it seems, there's a plot behind it that ties in with the triangle, otherwise the writers will not make annet tie the triangle and the plot with his propehices. And that's part of the reason the crew never really said anything about cheetara's feelings, because there's more than just feelings involved with both brothers, namely SoO Connections and Duty.
They had no problem saying lion-o has strong feelings for cheetara, but nothing about cheetara liking tygra and this is after E13.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:43 AM   #2120
L08e16o
Quote:
You made perfect sense Adam, I agree with yout Cheetara doesn't come across as particularly naive, so I doubt she didn't realize what she was doing with Lion-o. Heck, even Tygra and the kittens thought something was going on between L/C.
The shot where she is helping him with the sword, the look on her face is how anime shows a female is interested in the male. She was flirting.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #2121
L08e16o
Quote:
no offense but aint no way in hell she was shy because if she was then she wouldn't have done half the things she did with liono. i clearly remember her kissing him on the cheek, pressing herself on his back, holding his hands, whispering in his ears etc. i could go on but the point im trying to make is shy girls don't do these things, especially to people they don't know. okay lets say she is shy towards tygra, then her doing those things to liono was intentional because since she is shy, if she would have acted the same way to tygra, it would mean to tygra that she is interested. i hope im making some kind of sense because at times i can't seem to clearly write down what im thinking.
What was she pressing. You know he felt that.

That was my point. Cheetara is making her feelings clear without going overboard.

If she acts like that, then she would have gone after tygra a long time ago.

We might find out that tygra gave those flowers to all the female cats, because he is a player.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #2122
L08e16o
Quote:
no offense but aint no way in hell she was shy because if she was then she wouldn't have done half the things she did with liono. i clearly remember her kissing him on the cheek, pressing herself on his back, holding his hands, whispering in his ears etc. i could go on but the point im trying to make is shy girls don't do these things, especially to people they don't know. okay lets say she is shy towards tygra, then her doing those things to liono was intentional because since she is shy, if she would have acted the same way to tygra, it would mean to tygra that she is interested. i hope im making some kind of sense because at times i can't seem to clearly write down what im thinking.
I understand and agree with your post.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:47 AM   #2123
L08e16o
Quote:
And The actress did not deny that between Lion-O and Cheetara is spark. And other interviews.
I got dumped by a girl along time ago, because she said there were no more sparks. Well T/C have no sparks.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:48 AM   #2124
L08e16o
Quote:
The actress or Cheetara or both?
Actress, but I love the drawing of the new cheetara.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:50 AM   #2125
L08e16o
Quote:
i think they producers need to dedicate a few episodes to cheetara, so we can better understand her character. to me her character seem to have two personalities. at times she acts like a high priestess who knows what's best, then the next minute she's all up on somebody's personal and making irrational decisions that will have a negative impact on the people involved. her personalities contradict her characters role on the show.
I think they will in the next episode. We will find out about why she follows lion-o.

She is still young and she lost jaga.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:51 AM   #2126
L08e16o
Quote:
besides were not being like tygra and making a move
No CBing on my part. I have never done that to any of my family or friends.

Tygra is a Hater.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:54 AM   #2127
L08e16o
Quote:
in a sense....are you mad or disgusted
I feel you on that.

Japanese can draw some great characters.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:55 AM   #2128
L08e16o
Quote:
Looks like we will not be getting Ep 14 from Jan 1-13 a complete no go. Generator Rex will be taking Tcats time slot for awhile at CN.
What???

That is stupid.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:00 PM   #2129
L08e16o
Quote:
I think this is what happened:

She did choose Tygra the first time in the past(if that scene was real), then after she joined the clerics Jaga gave her and the SoO a connection spell that allows her to choose between the brothers, which will be the worthy bearer of the SoO, because jaga has foreseen that she will have the deep connection needed for the choosen bearer to fully masteres the sword. This spell allows her to "see" the "heart" of both brothers, so maybe in the past she had followed both Lion-O and Tygra around secretly for long years, until she made the choice for the second time, only this time it's Lion-O. because she has seen Lion-O's heart, thus what she said to Lion-O "I know the reason the sword chose you". So technically she has chosen both brothers i.e. both brothers "won the competion" or in negative logic she has chosen neither, because of the SoO chip and no winner with both brothers in their "competition" depending on how you see it, and the writers will still be free of fandom wars raining down on them since they "never really answer" that particular question, who is the real choice after she knows both brothers equally, without the SoO chip. This will not contradict with ther dialogue to Tygra either, she explained Tygra's good side in Ep13 then in Ep14 she will explain Lion-O's good side. She is supposed to be wise after all.

Shyness is not the issue it's a very weak argument. it's not her character at all. If that's the case she won't be acting like that to Lion-O, She was aware completely what she's been doing to him, in Ep 4 if she's shy she won't be that close to Lion-O until they almost kiss, before snarf interrupted their moment. and of course all of the other thing she did to Lion-O.
That was great.

I was thinking maybe she went to thank tygra and saw lion-o. They could have interacted without lion-o knowing.

I am hoping that jaga and the SoO chose cheetara. Cheetara and the wielder of the SoO would be together, because they complete the SoO power.

See how much stuff we can come up with L/C. The writers no that.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:23 PM   #2130
Balgus82
Quote:
A little immature?

The guy kick him down a pit, that is a baby. He didn't get his way, so he went after lion-o. You are a tygra fan.

Earn kingship.

In the real world no one earned kingship, they took it.

The whole theme of tygra is his jealous of lion-o, it stems from him wanting to be king. If he was not jealous of lion-o of being king then he wouldn't be jealous over cheetara and lion-o.

He said it himself, you will always be second best except the crown. That is more than a little immature.
what's wrong with being a Tygra fan? you say that like it's a bad thing. In the real world princes are trained to be kings and when they shirk their duties the people usually hate them.

and him being jealous of kingship and him being jealous of cheetara isn't mutually exclusive.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:45 PM   #2131
AdamofEternia
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
They had no problem saying lion-o has strong feelings for cheetara, but nothing about cheetara liking tygra and this is after E13.
maybe they didn't want to let us know cheetara harbored feelings for tygra.
AdamofEternia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #2132
AdamofEternia
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
what's wrong with being a Tygra fan? you say that like it's a bad thing. In the real world princes are trained to be kings and when they shirk their duties the people usually hate them.

and him being jealous of kingship and him being jealous of cheetara isn't mutually exclusive.
there is nothing wrong with being a tygra fan, it's just that they feel most tygra fans won't understand where they are coming from. im a fan of all the cats. i don't have a favorite character in this new series. i just wish for a better story telling and i would hope the writers don't rush things anymore especially when it comes to character development. i have nothing against tygra/cheetara pairing, but the way it was handled was at the expense of another major character. viewers don't mind being mislead in a story but the misleading has to at least make some sort of sense. the ending scene where cheetara said she chose years ago and that the flower tygra gave her had nourishing capabilities which sustained her was IMHO the dumbest crap the writers came up with to rationalize them getting together. as a viewer i felt insulted that they believe any logical minded person would buy that. i know it's a kids show but most kids aren't so stupid or dumb that they believe that too.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:32 PM   #2133
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
Quote:
Happy new year everyone!
Happy end of the world just kidding
Old 01-01-2012, 02:44 PM   #2134
L08e16o
Quote:

There is nothing wrong. My problem is tygra fans make excuses for tygra.

I disagree about them being seperate. If he was not jealous of lion-o, he would've been fine with with L/C. He doesn't want to lose to lion-o.

The king would have had tygra killed for what he did to his real heir along time ago.

Tygra is jealous and he can't let it go. That is why I like pumyra with tygra, she would be outside of thunderia and it would have nothing to do with lion-o.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:46 PM   #2135
L08e16o
Quote:
there is nothing wrong with being a tygra fan, it's just that they feel most tygra fans won't understand where they are coming from. im a fan of all the cats. i don't have a favorite character in this new series. i just wish for a better story telling and i would hope the writers don't rush things anymore especially when it comes to character development. i have nothing against tygra/cheetara pairing, but the way it was handled was at the expense of another major character. viewers don't mind being mislead in a story but the misleading has to at least make some sort of sense. the ending scene where cheetara said she chose years ago and that the flower tygra gave her had nourishing capabilities which sustained her was IMHO the dumbest crap the writers came up with to rationalize them getting together. as a viewer i felt insulted that they believe any logical minded person would buy that. i know it's a kids show but most kids aren't so stupid or dumb that they believe that too.
Agreed.

Kids understand things better than they have in past cartoons. They were sold that their hero was going to get the girl just like in all classic hero storys per main writer.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:55 PM   #2136
stormbringer
If Tygra and Cheetara are only together because he have her a flower to sustain her a decade ago, Tygra had better hope Lion-o or some other guy doesn't offer to buy her dinner!
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:00 PM   #2137
DarkKnight
im gonna blow your mind
wait something just occured to me, after episode 14 airs what will happen to " The Justice League of Super Badass Aquaintancents"
Old 01-01-2012, 03:04 PM   #2138
L08e16o
Quote:
If Tygra and Cheetara are only together because he have her a flower to sustain her a decade ago, Tygra had better hope Lion-o or some other guy doesn't offer to buy her dinner!

and walk her home, she might ask him in if you know what I mean.

The flower thing is so dumb. It would have been a great story if they would have build on it from the begining and without cheetara making her feelings clear for lion-o.

Last edited by L08e16o; 01-01-2012 at 03:32 PM..
Old 01-01-2012, 04:13 PM   #2139
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:

The question is what has lion-o gotten that he hasn't earned besides being the heir to the throne. Tygra would demand to have anything that he feels is better than what he has. Tygra did do all the work but for what purpose? it doesn't seem it was to help serve lion-o as his future king thats for sure. I wouldn't call lion-o a slacker because it would seem he put in his fair share of work as well but he has a different ideology from tygra. And if it wasn't for his so called dreaming tygra would've been killed in ep 2. I doubt tygra will ease up on wanting to be king because he will always think he is 1st and lion-o 2nd and feel he should be king and that would incite others who listen to him. I see two things happening #1 lion-o will rebuild thundera with or without cheetara #2 tygra is going to get owned big time by lion-o when he catches an epic beat down from him
Old 01-01-2012, 04:15 PM   #2140
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
wait something just occured to me, after episode 14 airs what will happen to " The Justice League of Super Badass Aquaintancents"
1 ep won't fix what people think is wrong so the fight continues to the end
Old 01-01-2012, 04:51 PM   #2141
L08e16o
Quote:
The question is what has lion-o gotten that he hasn't earned besides being the heir to the throne. Tygra would demand to have anything that he feels is better than what he has. Tygra did do all the work but for what purpose? it doesn't seem it was to help serve lion-o as his future king thats for sure. I wouldn't call lion-o a slacker because it would seem he put in his fair share of work as well but he has a different ideology from tygra. And if it wasn't for his so called dreaming tygra would've been killed in ep 2. I doubt tygra will ease up on wanting to be king because he will always think he is 1st and lion-o 2nd and feel he should be king and that would incite others who listen to him. I see two things happening #1 lion-o will rebuild thundera with or without cheetara #2 tygra is going to get owned big time by lion-o when he catches an epic beat down from him
Big Snarf, you got Tygra pinned to a tee.

I really enjoyed your post.

Tygra is driven by jealousy. All he sees with cheetara, is he doesn't want to finish second to lion-o. If she was interested in Panthero, would tygra acted the same way, no.

I think if cheetara doesn't end up with lio-o, then she has no purpose.

If she does not help lion-o rebuild, then there is no reason to have her character in the show.

If cheetara is with tygra, then I see no more developing of cheetara's story. She can't interact with lion-o anymore. Her connection with the main character will not be there, then she will get no screen time. She will have no purpose. Her first job is a cleric, if you king does not trust you, then why would he need you.

I think E13 was more for tygra than lion-o or cheetara.

The writers have more material to write with L/C than T/C. This show is about lion-o, not tygra. If there is going to be any romance, it is going to be with the main character and main female character.

Last edited by L08e16o; 01-01-2012 at 04:56 PM..
Old 01-01-2012, 05:16 PM   #2142
Balgus82
"I think if cheetara doesn't end up with lio-o, then she has no purpose."

ok that is the most sexist peace of crap i've read on these forums. just cause she's a female character does not mean her sole purpose is to be arm candy for one of the heroes.

the clerics are bodyguards not the king's personal harem.

and you just gave a story right there in your complaint on how she'd have no story left. if lion-o really doesn't trust her anymore (though I don't see why he wouldn't), there's the story possibilities of how she rebuilds his trust.

Last edited by Balgus82; 01-01-2012 at 05:26 PM..
Old 01-01-2012, 05:16 PM   #2143
L08e16o
Here is another thing to look at.

What would do more justice to cheetara's character, Queen or with tygra and not being able to be a cleric.

Think about, lion-o is devastated, why would he want cheetara by his side if she is with tygra.

There is so much more to write about L/C.

We saw T/C past connection, it was about a flower that help sustain her to become a cleric.

That is not a lot to build on.

I think one of a subplot is L/C, they have built for 12 episodes. I don't believe they would waste that.

As it stands write now, lion-o will not trust tygra or cheetara.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:21 PM   #2144
L08e16o
Quote:

ok that is the most sexist peace of crap i've read on these forums. just cause she's a female character does not mean her sole purpose is to be arm candy for one of the heroes.
I am talking about a cartoon character not women in general. When someone pulls the racist or sexist in a cartoon forum, you really have to question the poster.

Again tygra fan reads the way they see it.

What is her purpose as we have seen in the show, she is a cleric to serve her king.

If he doesn't trust her, then what is her purpose? Let me guess, her purpose for you is for her to serve tygra.

You must be from TLC, I remember someone bringing up sexist with another poster.

One of the heros, this show is about lion-o not tygra. Classice hero journey. That singular, not about your cockey man you love so much.

Last edited by L08e16o; 01-01-2012 at 05:26 PM..
Old 01-01-2012, 05:25 PM   #2145
L08e16o
Quote:

you just gave a story right there in your complaint on how she'd have no story left. if lion-o really doesn't trust her anymore (though I don't see why he wouldn't), there's the story possibilities of how she rebuilds his trust.
Due tell how they can rebuild their trust.

The click you provided, the actress says he is devastated.

Last edited by L08e16o; 01-01-2012 at 05:27 PM..
Old 01-01-2012, 05:34 PM   #2146
Balgus82
Quote:
I am talking about a cartoon character not women in general. When someone pulls the racist or sexist in a cartoon forum, you really have to question the poster.

Again tygra fan reads the way they see it.

What is her purpose as we have seen in the show, she is a cleric to serve her king.

If he doesn't trust her, then what is her purpose? Let me guess, her purpose for you is for her to serve tygra.

You must be from TLC, I remember someone bringing up sexist with another poster.

One of the heros, this show is about lion-o not tygra. Classice hero journey. That singular, not about your cockey man you love so much.
you're the one that said if she's not with Lion-O she has no purpose. that is sexist wither it's about a cartoon or not. Tygra's not with Lion-O, Panthro's not with Lion-O, wily kit and kat aren't with Lion-O, Snarf isn't with lion-O. Do they have purposes? are they needed? would you be happy if they were all killed off and Lion-O was the only thundercat left? you must be because according to you if a character isn't paired off with the hero they serve no purpose.

And this has nothing to do with wither or not she chose Tygra. Even if she didn't choose tygra. if she had chosen neither she'd still have a purpose. being someone's girlfriend is not her only purpose in the show.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:36 PM   #2147
Balgus82
Quote:
Due tell how they can rebuild their trust.

The click you provided, the actress says he is devastated.

you act like Lion-O is completely incapable of getting over it.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:41 PM   #2148
AdamofEternia
Thunder Kitty
Quote:

the clerics are bodyguards not the king's personal harem.

and you just gave a story right there in your complaint on how she'd have no story left. if lion-o really doesn't trust her anymore (though I don't see why he wouldn't), there's the story possibilities of how she rebuilds his trust.
i agree with your points Balgus82 that the main female doesn't always have to get with the main hero. like i mentioned earlier, the writers have put cheetara's character in a tough spot. her duty is to her king, who is the brother of the man she has feelings for. if she had made her job her priority in the first place, there won't be so much misunderstanding.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #2149
Balgus82
yeah. I mean I will go on record saying I don't think the situation was handled well. They should've given both brothers equal time (or close to it) with her so that it didn't seem like it came out of nowhere. I understand why L/C people are frustrated.

But some of the things that are said about cheetara and the absolute hatred of tygra are things I don't agree with.

Both brothers have been jerks to each other. it's not Tygra's sole domain.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:55 PM   #2150
AdamofEternia
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
yeah. I mean I will go on record saying I don't think the situation was handled well. They should've given both brothers equal time (or close to it) with her so that it didn't seem like it came out of nowhere. I understand why L/C people are frustrated.

But some of the things that are said about cheetara and the absolute hatred of tygra are things I don't agree with.

Both brothers have been jerks to each other. it's not Tygra's sole domain.
very true and i highly agree that at times their anger at the situation forces them to say things they probably don't mean. we are all thundercats fans and in the big picture, we all truly support this new series. tygra and liono have both been jerks to each other no doubt and i think the reason might be the lack of a female figure in their upbringing. i thought cheetara's character was supposed to be kind of like the mother figure of the group instead of a love interest for both brothers. this is why i didn't really prefer the love triangle romance approach the writers took. cheetara was supposed to be the ice breaker for both brothers in terms of their rivalry towards each other.