TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > Thundercats Collecting > Thundercats Reviews and Feedback

Old 08-04-2011, 09:43 PM   #1
Trukkinmunky
cleric
Here is my review of the ThunderCats figures that came out. I did this to show everyone how they are. I do like this line very much and I like it more then the 6 inch one.

Thanks for watching guys.
Trukkinmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:39 AM   #2
Joe Moore
Administrator
Moved to review section. Thanks for sharing.
Joe Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:43 AM   #3
Trukkinmunky
cleric
Thanks for putting this in the right spot, sorry bout that.
Here is my Thundertank review.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:50 AM   #4
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Great reviews. I'll definitely be getting the 4" scaled line for the new show's stuff. Though I might get a couple of the 6" one's (certain favorite characters, and maybe Mumm-Ra for the size of him). I'm still on the fence about the Thundertank. Would be nice, but if Snarf wasn't included as an exclusive with it, I wouldn't even be considering it, tbh. I'm hoping he doesn't turn out to be so "exclusive", lol. The only one of the vehicles I'm positive I might get, is Tygra's ThunderCycle, but I want to wait and find out if the normal 4" figures can fit in them or not.
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 03:58 AM   #5
dolza_khyron
Thunder Kitty
love it! thanks!

while i would of liked to see the thunder kittens have better articulation, i think it would of screwed up the scale, and or the quality of the sculpt.

after all, articulation isn't everything!

also i wonder if snarf gets "bigger" in the series later on?

Last edited by dolza_khyron; 08-06-2011 at 04:32 AM..
dolza_khyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:58 PM   #6
Talyn
Thunder Kitty
what does Mumm-ra's magnet do? Do his accessories interact any way?
Talyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:51 PM   #7
Trukkinmunky
cleric
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
what does Mumm-ra's magnet do? Do his accessories interact any way?
His magnet is the same as everyone else. It doesn't do anything with the stuff he comes with.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:44 AM   #8
Trukkinmunky
cleric

New review of the Lizard cannon!!
Old 08-15-2011, 08:58 PM   #9
Trukkinmunky
cleric
I just bought Grune today. Will be reviewing him some time soon.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:42 AM   #10
dbox183
Thunder Kitty
Really enjoying your reviews -- Much appreciated. This is the first I've seen of the Lizard Canon, and your video helped make it a *Maybe* to a *Must-Own*!

I just picked up a few of the 4" figures myself (Lion-O, Cheetara, Tygra, and Panthro) and, much like yourself, I am really happy with them. I can't wait to find the rest now, which hopefully will be soon. Thanks again for the videos - can't wait to see Grune.
dbox183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:49 AM   #11
Trukkinmunky
cleric
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbox183 View Post
Really enjoying your reviews -- Much appreciated. This is the first I've seen of the Lizard Canon, and your video helped make it a *Maybe* to a *Must-Own*!

I just picked up a few of the 4" figures myself (Lion-O, Cheetara, Tygra, and Panthro) and, much like yourself, I am really happy with them. I can't wait to find the rest now, which hopefully will be soon. Thanks again for the videos - can't wait to see Grune.
Thanks alot man, that really means alot . That's why I do the reviews just to show people how awesome these toys are. I will hopefully be doing Grune sometime today. Thanks again friend.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:26 PM   #12
Trukkinmunky
cleric
Sorry for the wait. Grune review.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:21 PM   #13
dbox183
Thunder Kitty
Got a few thoughts for ya Trukk! Firstly, thank you again for another awesome video review. Some of the stores around me are FINALLY getting in the Deluxe figures, so it's only a matter of time until I get Grune. I know they're going for 14.99 at my local TRU's, and I don't mind the price, but I would have liked some other accessories - A sword, a regular mace (Ala his original/flashback in the new series), something along those lines.

Also, I did manage to pick up a Lizard Cannon yesterday (The last 2 days I have been on the hunt, so busy I haven't been here!) and I absolutely love it. It's such a neat little toy, plus as you said the Lizard figure is awesome.

Lastly, I do have a 6" Mumm-Ra and it is an awesome figure. I am someone who prefers the 6" personally (doesn't matter which I prefer, I am purchasing them all lol) but I think he is just a tad too big when in line with the 4" line. I'd say do a match up in the store if you can find the 4" & 6" together so you can find one you're happy with.

Now to find Grune and the Thundertank! Thanks again
dbox183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:48 AM   #14
Trukkinmunky
cleric
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbox183 View Post
Got a few thoughts for ya Trukk! Firstly, thank you again for another awesome video review. Some of the stores around me are FINALLY getting in the Deluxe figures, so it's only a matter of time until I get Grune. I know they're going for 14.99 at my local TRU's, and I don't mind the price, but I would have liked some other accessories - A sword, a regular mace (Ala his original/flashback in the new series), something along those lines.

Also, I did manage to pick up a Lizard Cannon yesterday (The last 2 days I have been on the hunt, so busy I haven't been here!) and I absolutely love it. It's such a neat little toy, plus as you said the Lizard figure is awesome.

Lastly, I do have a 6" Mumm-Ra and it is an awesome figure. I am someone who prefers the 6" personally (doesn't matter which I prefer, I am purchasing them all lol) but I think he is just a tad too big when in line with the 4" line. I'd say do a match up in the store if you can find the 4" & 6" together so you can find one you're happy with.

Now to find Grune and the Thundertank! Thanks again
Thanks alot man. I'm going on the hunt tomorrow for my Mumm Ra. I'm leaning towards the 6'' one as of now. But I might pick up both. Thanks again for the comments.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:36 PM   #15
Hyper Jaguar
Thunder Kitty
The only downside to the 4" figures is that you can't fit Cheetara or the Wily Twins in any of the vehicles.
Hyper Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:53 PM   #16
squawkbot
Thunder Kitty
Cheetara doesnt fit in the tank?
That sucks
Guess panthro wont be pimpin it anytime soon
squawkbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:23 PM   #17
Trukkinmunky
cleric
Quote:
Originally Posted by squawkbot View Post
Cheetara doesnt fit in the tank?
That sucks
Guess panthro wont be pimpin it anytime soon
Cheetara can fit in the tank. she just sits kinda low in it.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:51 PM   #18
Hyper Jaguar
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trukkinmunky View Post
Cheetara can fit in the tank. she just sits kinda low in it.

Does she fit in the ThunderRacers?
Hyper Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:58 PM   #19
Trukkinmunky
cleric
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper Jaguar View Post
Does she fit in the ThunderRacers?
That I am not sure about. I don't own the ThunderRacers........yet.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:35 PM   #20
soulej
Grimmitar
Great review.

I don't particularly care for the 4" line, however the 8" classics are amazing. I just got them the other day and I can't say how pleased I am that Bandai released an 8" classics line.

I have to say though, they are probably my favorite action figures I have bought so far, and I have a lot. Even the packaging is awesome, you don't have to rip it open to take out the figures and the packaging is reusable. Pretty cool!
soulej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:59 PM   #21
Trukkinmunky
cleric
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulej View Post
Great review.

I don't particularly care for the 4" line, however the 8" classics are amazing. I just got them the other day and I can't say how pleased I am that Bandai released an 8" classics line.

I have to say though, they are probably my favorite action figures I have bought so far, and I have a lot. Even the packaging is awesome, you don't have to rip it open to take out the figures and the packaging is reusable. Pretty cool!
Thanks. I own both of the classic figures and I love them. They look great and are so awesome. I will hopefully be doing a review of these two guys soon.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:50 PM   #22
Trukkinmunky
cleric
Check out my Classics and 6'' figure reviews in this thread.
http://www.thundercats.ws/classics-6...891/#post15200

Last edited by Trukkinmunky; 09-07-2011 at 04:37 PM..
Old 01-26-2012, 01:46 AM   #23
ToodlesMrJim
Thunder Kitty
I really like the 4 inch line, but am a bit taken back by the 2nd wave. For the most part it's a rehash line, so I'm curious why the molds were retooled to include less articulation?

Mum-ra (Everliving) - has basically the same to the deluxe with the exception of the wings of course. He lacks waist articulation that the previous figure had and doesn't come with the peg hold (or claw gauntlet) in his right hand. And for some reason they didn't paint the bandages on his hand, but on the plus side, they did paint the symbol on his chest correctly.

Panthro (Jaxx's edition) - I'm glad they didn't paint the gums like the prototype, just having the white teeth does wonders for the appearance of this figure. Back to the articulation, Panthro lacks wrist articulation but the part that really bothers me is that he has no heal articulation like the first figure did.

Lion-o (Witchblade edition) - First I have to say I think this arm is a bit larger (ape-like) than I think it should be. I do like the inclusion of the alternate hand. Lion-o also has less articulation than his first release, he lacks the heal and waist articulation. I think the torso must be a new piece all together because his crotch piece is thicker and (at least in my figure) makes his stance a little strange looking.

King Claudis - This is my favorite out of this series, but perhaps it's because there's not a previous figure to compare it to. This figure also lacks heal/ankle and waist articulation.

All and all I still like the 4inch line, the sculpts and paint applications are there (for the most part), but it is beyond me why they would spend the extra money to remove the articulation when they already had existing parts to use.
ToodlesMrJim is offline   Reply With Quote