TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 03-29-2012, 03:18 PM   #451
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
Perhaps Jaga thought she would be able to handle things more maturely than she did, being a cleric and all. One of the problems with Cheetara is that she refuses to take any responsiblity for this mess. She even blamed Jaga, by saying he was the one who sent het to look after Lion-o. If Cheetara admitted fault and apologized, Lion-o would likely forgive her.
Even if he thought she could handle it, you had lion-o was and is still immarute. It is not a good mix.

I thought that was interesting that she didn't look him in the eyes. She turn away to say jaga. Then she say this doesn't change their relationship. What relationship?? I couldn't believe she said that.

She should've said sorry for leading him. When asked her that, she said I thought you were ok with tygra and me. I wonder if she didn't know how he really felt.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:22 PM   #452
Mako Crab
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
First love triangle I saw was Tenchi (T/R/A).
That was a good one. I always thought they handled it best in the original OAV. By the time they got to Tenchi Universe, it was pretty played out.
Mako Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:24 PM   #453
stormbringer
Quote:
Even if he thought she could handle it, you had lion-o was and is still immarute. It is not a good mix.

I thought that was interesting that she didn't look him in the eyes. She turn away to say jaga. Then she say this doesn't change their relationship. What relationship?? I couldn't believe she said that.

She should've said sorry for leading him. When asked her that, she said I thought you were ok with tygra and me. I wonder if she didn't know how he really felt.
Unfortunately her behavior was innapropriate either way. She should never have flirted with someone young, and inexperienced like Lion-o if she didn't have any interest in him. That's how things like this current situation happen.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:29 PM   #454
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako Crab View Post
That was a good one. I always thought they handled it best in the original OAV. By the time they got to Tenchi Universe, it was pretty played out.
The way i saw L/C was the way i saw T/R a bit, the way Ryouko acted ( like pressing up against him and stuff) i thought for sure L/C would end up together. I'm a little dissapointed, but i would have liked for T/C to be told better. Flashbacks like that only work in Shoujo manga.
hollowdheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:35 PM   #455
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako Crab View Post
Agreed 100%

I love the OAV. I saw it on toonami and CN destroyed toonami.

I didn't like the newer OAV stuff.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #456
stormbringer
Quote:
Agreed 100%

I love the OAV. I saw it on toonami and CN destroyed toonami.

I didn't like the newer OAV stuff.
I only got to see it on toonami, like most of the anime I saw at the time.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #457
L08e16o
Quote:
Unfortunately her behavior was innapropriate either way. She should never have flirted with someone young, and inexperienced like Lion-o if she didn't have any interest in him. That's how things like this current situation happen.
I think she was ok with it. Not until we here Annet's prediction did she change.

I agree.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:39 PM   #458
theking
Thunder Kitty
I found it funny that they did the whole flashback thing with C/T and reinforce the concept that you do end up with your childhood love in the end (way too Japanese for me). I mean Lion-O may be immature that's true, but give him time and the proper environment to grow and he'll become the best. Too bad Cheetara can't seem to wait for that, so I hope they give Lion-O a decent love interest in the future, one way hotter than Cheetara .
theking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:41 PM   #459
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post
The way i saw L/C was the way i saw T/R a bit, the way Ryouko acted ( like pressing up against him and stuff) i thought for sure L/C would end up together. I'm a little dissapointed, but i would have liked for T/C to be told better. Flashbacks like that only work in Shoujo manga.
I agree with you.

Last edited by L08e16o; 03-29-2012 at 05:24 PM..
Old 03-29-2012, 03:43 PM   #460
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by theking View Post
I found it funny that they did the whole flashback thing with C/T and reinforce the concept that you do end up with your childhood love in the end (way too Japanese for me). I mean Lion-O may be immature that's true, but give him time and the proper environment to grow and he'll become the best. Too bad Cheetara can't seem to wait for that, so I hope they give Lion-O a decent love interest in the future, one way hotter than Cheetara .
I like to use naruto due to the ship wars.

But at least Sakura and sasuke knew each other. They were on a team together and grew together. Like in Japan anime the childhood crush, is develop. They go to school together or they grew up together. This wasn't.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:43 PM   #461
stormbringer
Quote:
I think she was ok with it. Not until we here Annet's prediction did she change.

I agree.
The writers really messed up her character, and they don't seem to be slowing down in doing more damage. I'm going to start to wonder if they hate Cheetara.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:45 PM   #462
stormbringer
Quote:

But at least Sakura and sasuke knew each other. They were on a team together and grew together. Like in Japan anime the childhood crush, is develop. They go to school together or they grew up together. This wasn't.
Storyline build up is not a great concern for these writers.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:47 PM   #463
L08e16o
Quote:
The writers really messed up her character, and they don't seem to be slowing down in doing more damage. I'm going to start to wonder if they hate Cheetara.
I am holding out that there is more to the story. Cheetara is a beloved character, so I don't know how far they will go.

I always like lion-o, but I thought cheetara was one of the better TCats.

Last edited by L08e16o; 03-29-2012 at 03:49 PM..
Old 03-29-2012, 03:48 PM   #464
L08e16o
Quote:
That is what doesn't make sense. It is like they wanted to play everyone.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:49 PM   #465
stormbringer
Quote:
Agreed. I don't even want Cheetara with Lion-o after how she treated him. I just don't find her to be a likeable character anymore.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:49 PM   #466
theking
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Indeed, I really hate how they have diminished the characters so much, I loved the classic, hopefully they find better writers or look for the ones who worked on the original.
theking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:54 PM   #467
stormbringer
Quote:
Quote:
I am holding out that there is more to the story. Cheetara is a beloved character, so I don't know how far they will go.

I always like lion-o, but I thought cheetara was one of the better TCats.
I think a lot if the audience has a VERY negative opinion of Cheetara now. Between leading Lion-o on, and her dereliction of duty, its like I said before Lion-o has no reason to trust Cheetara on any level,. Which is why I said ( much to the disdain of some posters), that logically Lion-o would be within his rights to banish her. She has become a hindrance to the group dynamics.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:59 PM   #468
stormbringer
Quote:
Indeed, I really hate how they have diminished the characters so much, I loved the classic, hopefully they find better writers or look for the ones who worked on the original.
What I wonder, is how did the writers think we would see Cheetara? They've made her seem deceptive and untrustworthy, so with the exception of some T/C fans, everybody in this thread for example seems to have a negative opinion of her.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #469
L08e16o
Quote:
I think a lot if the audience has a VERY negative opinion of Cheetara now. Between leading Lion-o on, and her dereliction of duty, its like I said before Lion-o has no reason to trust Cheetara on any level,. Which is why I said ( much to the disdain of some posters), that logically Lion-o would be within his rights to banish her. She has become a hindrance to the group dynamics.
That is why I hope there is more to the story.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:07 PM   #470
stormbringer
Quote:
That is why I hope there is more to the story.
I hope you're right. At this point Cheetara is an expendable character, due to her unlikeability.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #471
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
I hope you're right. At this point Cheetara is an expendable character, due to her unlikeability.
I don't think the show's quite that pessimistic. Lion-O will probably come out of the trials a better person, forgive Cheetarah, and move on with his life. He might still be lonely but he won't blame her for it.
At the same time if the description of "The Trials of Lion-O: Part 2" is reliable Mumm-Ra may force the other Thundercats to confront their own flaws and mistakes (Tygra dumping on Lion-O, Cheetarah leading him on, Panthro and the Wileykittens for... not having enough screen time to make a difference) in order to break their spirits before Lion-O turns the tide.
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:21 PM   #472
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
To banish her would be the humane thing to do as mutiny in times of war is punishable by death and that was the fate for the lizards if lion-o didn't free them.
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:22 PM   #473
stormbringer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
I don't think the show's quite that pessimistic. Lion-O will probably come out of the trials a better person, forgive Cheetarah, and move on with his life. He might still be lonely but he won't blame her for it.
At the same time if the description of "The Trials of Lion-O: Part 2" is reliable Mumm-Ra may force the other Thundercats to confront their own flaws and mistakes (Tygra dumping on Lion-O, Cheetarah leading him on, Panthro and the Wileykittens for... not having enough screen time to make a difference) in order to break their spirits before Lion-O turns the tide.
That could be really good for character development. Hopefully then the "triangle issues" could be worked out once and for all, and the show can move forward.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:24 PM   #474
stormbringer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Snarf View Post
To banish her would be the humane thing to do as mutiny in times of war is punishable by death and that was the fate for the lizards if lion-o didn't free them.
I believe Lion-o is that humane. Which is why I said before that Cheetara is lucky she's not dealing with Claudus, since he would have had her head.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:27 PM   #475
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Since mumm-ra will capture them I hope the writers don't have any comic book ideas about who has to give him a bath.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:29 PM   #476
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I believe Lion-o is that humane. Which is why I said before that Cheetara is lucky she's not dealing with Claudus, since he would have had her head.
And if grune were her commanding officer i think he would've literally ate her like atticus ate the bird people
Old 03-29-2012, 04:29 PM   #477
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
Since mumm-ra will capture them I hope the writers don't have any comic book ideas about who has to give him a bath.
I don't think this version of Mumm-Ra does bathe. He looks smelly.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #478
stormbringer
Quote:
I hope Cheetara and Tygra had a light lunch.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:33 PM   #479
stormbringer
Quote:
And if grune were her commanding officer i think he would've literally ate her like atticus ate the bird people
Nope she wouldn't find any mercy in that court.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:33 PM   #480
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
I hope Cheetara and Tygra had a light lunch.
Everyone picture Mumm-Ra naked. Good night.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:36 PM   #481
stormbringer
Quote:
Everyone picture Mumm-Ra naked. Good night.
Good night. And thanks for the nightmares.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:48 PM   #482
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I don't think this version of Mumm-Ra does bathe. He looks smelly.
was there ever a time when he didn't look smelly ?
Old 03-29-2012, 05:00 PM   #483
Balgus82
Quote:
Perhaps Jaga thought she would be able to handle things more maturely than she did, being a cleric and all. One of the problems with Cheetara is that she refuses to take any responsiblity for this mess. She even blamed Jaga, by saying he was the one who sent het to look after Lion-o. If Cheetara admitted fault and apologized, Lion-o would likely forgive her.
I don't agree that she refuses to take any responsibility. In episode 13 you hear her say, "I feel I've contributed to it by not being clear with my feelings."

She wasn't blaming anything on Jaga. She was explaining why she was following him.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:02 PM   #484
Balgus82
Quote:
She's only a year older than Lion-O. Does it occur to anyone that she's inexperienced too? At least when it comes to relating to people? We know she's trained as a Cleric, but I hardly think that would leave much time for dating or even being around anyone who wasn't training with her.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #485
Balgus82
Quote:

Sakura had a crush on Saske way before they were teamed together.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:09 PM   #486
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
I don't agree that she refuses to take any responsibility. In episode 13 you hear her say, "I feel I've contributed to it by not being clear with my feelings."

She wasn't blaming anything on Jaga. She was explaining why she was following him.
That was to Tygra though, not Lion-O. Lion-O is the one she hurt. Yes it was unintentional, but a simple "Sorry" would go a long way.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:15 PM   #487
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Sakura had a crush on Sasuke way before they were teamed together.
They went to the same classes and were around each other a lot.
I also corrected your spelling of Sasuke's name.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:15 PM   #488
L08e16o
Quote:
Sakura had a crush on Saske way before they were teamed together.
That is my point. She was kid and then they got to know each other. Kid relationships and Adult relationships are on different levels.

Last edited by L08e16o; 03-29-2012 at 05:26 PM..
Old 03-29-2012, 05:17 PM   #489
L08e16o
Quote:
They went to the same classes and were around each other a lot.
I also corrected your spelling of Sasuke's name.
Correct, they got to know each other, unlike tygra and cheetara.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:19 PM   #490
L08e16o
Quote:
But this is the problem.

Lion-o has to die to get over a women. I don't think the triangle will be over yet.

I think mummra will just kick their butt.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #491
L08e16o
Looks like in the anime Ichigo doesn't end up with anyone.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #492
stormbringer
Quote:
But this is the problem.

Lion-o has to die to get over a women. I don't think the triangle will be over yet.

The triangle is the single biggest mistake of the show. I worry the longer it goes on, the worse everyone will look.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #493
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
The way it's presented in the show Tygra and Cheetarah aren't really in love with one another so much as they're in love with an idealized version of one another they've built up in their minds. Until the show confirms they've had any interaction between the flower incident and the Pilot that's the only assumption we have to go on. Only time will tell if the writers will address this issue and have them admit that the both of them have changed and aren't quite the same person they thought they were or if they decide to stick it out and make it work. Either way I don't thing Lion-O and Cheetarah will ever be together. As it stands now he's just so angry with her, but after coming through the trials he may realize that despite his initial attraction he simply doesn't truly want her. He was really interested in the rivalry with Tygra (Lion-O's voice actor went through a similar arc when he was in Boy Meets World).
Old 03-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #494
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
But this is the problem.

Lion-O has to die to get over a lot of things, Cheetarah is just one of them and not even the most important one.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:29 PM   #495
hollowdheart
Thunderian Commoner
I think it's cruel that they're killing him off to get over things. How will that help anything? And i know a lot of kids are gonna be upset. You don't kill the main character.

Quote:
Looks like in the anime Ichigo doesn't end up with anyone.
They cancelled the anime for now since the ratings were low and the final arc in the manga is starting.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:31 PM   #496
L08e16o
Quote:
The way it's presented in the show Tygra and Cheetarah aren't really in love with one another so much as they're in love with an idealized version of one another they've built up in their minds. Until the show confirms they've had any interaction between the flower incident and the Pilot that's the only assumption we have to go on. Only time will tell if the writers will address this issue and have them admit that the both of them have changed and aren't quite the same person they thought they were or if they decide to stick it out and make it work. Either way I don't thing Lion-O and Cheetarah will ever be together. As it stands now he's just so angry with her, but after coming through the trials he may realize that despite his initial attraction he simply doesn't truly want her. He was really interested in the rivalry with Tygra (Lion-O's voice actor went through a similar arc when he was in Boy Meets World).
That is how I veiw tygra. He was ready to move on.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:32 PM   #497
stormbringer
Quote:
The writers didn't do a good job of making this situation believable, I can definately see your scenario of T/C realizing they aren't really in love, and Lion-o realizing he just had a crush on Cheetara coming true.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:33 PM   #498
L08e16o
Quote:
Lion-O has to die to get over a lot of things, Cheetarah is just one of them and not even the most important one.
That would be stupid. I don't see lion-o seeing her as a tease. I think he was angry with her until the AP cheetara kissed him. If he is angry with her, then that is not what he is going to get from her.

Lion-o was furious before he died with them.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:34 PM   #499
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
I think it's cruel that they're killing him off to get over things. How will that help anything? And i know a lot of kids are gonna be upset. You don't kill the main character.
They're not really killing him. Yes Jaga says he's dead but it's not like it's permanent. It's more like an enforced meditation, a journey to the center of the mind where Lion-O must confront and overcome his internal conflicts before he can truly focus on the external ones. Since he's not the type to stop and do it himself yet he has to be forced to. The Trials aren't just about him being worthy to return to life, it's about forcing him to grow up.

Think of it like a comic book or even anime, main characters die all the time and come back.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:35 PM   #500
L08e16o
Quote:

They cancelled the anime for now since the ratings were low and the final arc in the manga is starting.
Agree. There is no point to kill him off. My coworkers who don't watch Tcats think that is stupid.

It is hard to keep a long running anime going with the same stuff.