TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums > The Lair - Thundercats Discussion > Thundercats Cartoons

Old 04-02-2012, 07:25 PM   #551
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDustyV View Post
If they had done the triangle like Rick/Lisa/Minmei, I'd not only go with whoever got Cheetara in the end, but I'd actually enjoy that sorta triangle for the whole 50 odd eps this series is supposed to be. I'm still hoping that all the wrongness and wierd out of sorts this triangle has been was on purpose and the writers are up to something... I've waited tooo long for another Thundercats series for them to blow a big part like this. small bits here and there I can deal, but the actual romantic subplot can make or break a show.
Exactly, and it's bit sad because I do think romance has a place in this show. It's not necessary, but in a show that actually has some adult themes; where dynasty and line of succession play such a large role, there is room for a romantic angle.

And kids shows can have workable romances. The Last Airbender had perfectly good romances. Some people didn't like the pairings in question, but I never heard anyone say they should remove all the romance.

This one is just poorly done. I think they either need to give it a huge re-tool, or bring in Bengali and Pumyra and inject some new blood into the mix and change the interactions.
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #552
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
Cheetara was not with anyone, and she did not act that way with the intentions of becoming Lion-O's girlfriend .
Well she didn't do that to tygra did she.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:38 PM   #553
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
The fact that even outside observers,(Tygra and the Wilykittens) thought that something was going on between Lion-o and Cheetara, makes it highly unlikely that Lion-o was "misreading her signs". Cheetara just seems desperate to avoid responsibility for her decisions.
Agreed.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:40 PM   #554
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
Exactly, and it's bit sad because I do think romance has a place in this show. It's not necessary, but in a show that actually has some adult themes; where dynasty and line of succession play such a large role, there is room for a romantic angle.

And kids shows can have workable romances. The Last Airbender had perfectly good romances. Some people didn't like the pairings in question, but I never heard anyone say they should remove all the romance.

This one is just poorly done. I think they either need to give it a huge re-tool, or bring in Bengali and Pumyra and inject some new blood into the mix and change the interactions.
Unfortunately Thundercats doesn't have the long-run guarantee Nick gave to Avatar, and the writers just had to have their romance right-frickin-now.

I get it, Thundercats has no concrete promise that it's going to run past the initial 26-episode order, but if the first season is such a self-contained arc that ends with [SPECULATION] Lion-O and the other cats defeating Mumm-Ra and saving Third Earth [/SPECULATION] where do they even go from there?

I would love for the show to continue past the first season and maybe be a bit more episodic. Some episodes don't really conclude so much as they just seem to stop right in the middle (Journey to The Tower of Omens).

It's one of those shows that works better on DVD rather than weekly viewing.
SirSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:42 PM   #555
stac
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
When you have done nothing wrong, apologizing is crawling for forgiveness. It's humiliating and demeaning. Also it subtracts from the fact that Lion-O is actually in the wrong
All Cheetara did was press up against him, kiss him, whisper in his ear, and hold his hand while never doing anything comparable with Tygra. Oh wait… T/C fans always have a convenient excuse. Did Jaga tell her to do all that?

Even if she did not lead Lion-O on consciously, she should have apologised to him first. After all, she did admit that she was responsible for some of the tension between the brothers. I guess it doesn’t matter if you like T/C so much that you are willing to accept such idiocy from the writers. Either Cheetara led him on or she is socially inept.

Everything is always Lion-O’s fault, Tygra gets a free pass for being a jerk a lot of the time and Cheetara gets no blame for being a tease. Hell, now that Cheetara has stopped, the spirit stone seems to have taken up her job of toying with Lion-O.

If the writers want T/C, I’m going to need a little more than a 20 second flashback.
stac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:43 PM   #556
L08e16o
Quote:
Okay, I blame it on the writers.

Let's face it, Cheetarah lead Lion-o on. And part of the reason this is true is that even Tygra thought she had picked Lion-o. No one important believed she had any interest in Tygra, not even Tygra. She was NOT clear.

The thing is, in the end this is the fault of the writers due to one simple choice. They chose to say that she liked Tygra ALL ALONG. And that was their mistake. Had they just said she was conflicted, but chose Tygra in the end, then there would be no problem. She wouldn't be a tease, she would just be a person with confused feelings, something she has every right to be.

It is the fact that she supposedly ALWAYS liked Tygra and yet spent all of her time with Lion-o to the point that the guy she liked had no idea she liked him. And that is why she should apologize, to both of them (though the making out probably counts in Tygra's case).

But this is a writer's mistake primarily, they chose to explain Cheetarah's actions in a way that made no sense, by saying she had picked one before the story even started. Look at the classic robotech triangle, everyone in that story leads on everyone else, but it doesn't make them bad people because they are honestly confused.
They did it with the purpose to shock everyone. I mean the flower thing was stupid. If they built it equally, then it would be different.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #557
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDustyV View Post
If they had done the triangle like Rick/Lisa/Minmei, I'd not only go with whoever got Cheetara in the end, but I'd actually enjoy that sorta triangle for the whole 50 odd eps this series is supposed to be. I'm still hoping that all the wrongness and wierd out of sorts this triangle has been was on purpose and the writers are up to something... I've waited tooo long for another Thundercats series for them to blow a big part like this. small bits here and there I can deal, but the actual romantic subplot can make or break a show.
I can still watch that show. I thougth rick was going to end with minmei.

Agreed, there was no developing of T/C. Flower that is it.

Last edited by L08e16o; 04-02-2012 at 07:59 PM..
Old 04-02-2012, 07:49 PM   #558
L08e16o
Quote:
Originally Posted by stac View Post
All Cheetara did was press up against him, kiss him, whisper in his ear, and hold his hand while never doing anything comparable with Tygra. Oh wait… T/C fans always have a convenient excuse. Did Jaga tell her to do all that?

Even if she did not lead Lion-O on consciously, she should have apologised to him first. After all, she did admit that she was responsible for some of the tension between the brothers. I guess it doesn’t matter if you like T/C so much that you are willing to accept such idiocy from the writers. Either Cheetara led him on or she is socially inept.

Everything is always Lion-O’s fault, Tygra gets a free pass for being a jerk a lot of the time and Cheetara gets no blame for being a tease. Hell, now that Cheetara has stopped, the spirit stone seems to have taken up her job of toying with Lion-O.

If the writers want T/C, I’m going to need a little more than a 20 second flashback.
Agreed.

The AP Cheetara gave him some pointers too.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:05 PM   #559
Balgus82
Ya know I really dislike when people start talking about how "Cheetara pressed her boobs against him!"

He had his sword infront of him. She was coaching him on how to use the sword better.

People often get behind people they're coaching like that.
If you're teaching someone to play golf, you get behind them and hold the club over their hands. If you're teaching someone how to bowl you get behind them and put your hand over theirs. When you're teaching a kid how to write you get behind them and hold their hand over the pencil. When you're teaching a kid how to swing a bat in T-ball, you get behind them and hold your hands over theirs on the bat. etc. etc. etc.

And yeah Kit and Kat were acting like they were together, but honestly it's just in Kit and Kat's nature to goof off and play around and not take things seriously. She most likely thought they were joking. The fact that she didn't react to that makes me think even more that she wasn't interested because most of the time if two people are interested in each other, and someone else points out that they'd make a cute couple or whatever they're like "We're not together!" and they're embarrassed (like Lion-O was) that someone else noticed that they liked each other. She didn't get defensive. Cause to her they were just joking around like always.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:09 PM   #560
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
Ya know I really dislike when people start talking about how "Cheetara pressed her boobs against him!"

He had his sword infront of him. She was coaching him on how to use the sword better.

If you're teaching someone to play golf, you get behind them and hold the club over their hands. If you're teaching someone how to bowl you get behind them and put your hand over theirs. When you're teaching a kid how to write you get behind them and hold their hand over the pencil. When you're teaching a kid how to swing a bat in T-ball, you get behind them and hold your hands over theirs on the bat. etc. etc. etc.
Which would make sense if she had hands-on experience with the Sword of Omens and knew how it and Sight Beyond Sight worked.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:12 PM   #561
Balgus82
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
Which would make sense if she had hands-on experience with the Sword of omens and knew how it worked.
I'd imagine you'd have to get your mind in a similar place for Cleric magic.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:18 PM   #562
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:

No, she already said her piece and Lion-O wasn't feeling it. You want an apology because you want to feel like your anger is justified. An apology does nothing for Lion-O.
Chique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:39 PM   #563
stac
Thunder Kitty
Quote:

And yeah Kit and Kat were acting like they were together, but honestly it's just in Kit and Kat's nature to goof off and play around and not take things seriously. She most likely thought they were joking. The fact that she didn't react to that makes me think even more that she wasn't interested because most of the time if two people are interested in each other, and someone else points out that they'd make a cute couple or whatever they're like "We're not together!" and they're embarrassed (like Lion-O was) that someone else noticed that they liked each other. She didn't get defensive. Cause to her they were just joking around like always.
Tell me, do coaches also whisper alluringly in the person’s ear? Because that was some hands on coaching!
Jaga must have asked her to do that too?
Old 04-02-2012, 08:42 PM   #564
stac
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
No, she already said her piece and Lion-O wasn't feeling it. You want an apology because you want to feel like your anger is justified. An apology does nothing for Lion-O.
Yes it would. It would have helped stabilise this poorly written triangle and it would have made both Lion-O and Cheetara look much better in terms of characterisation.

But don’t let little things like that spoil your T/C worship.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:45 PM   #565
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
I like how the people who defend Cheetarah's actions never mention the fact that Tygra was just as sure she liked Lion-o as Lion-o was. And you sidestep it whenever someone else mentions it. "Oh, Kit and Kat are kids, they don't know what they're talking about."

First off, Kit and Kat are repeatedly shown to be very observant, their opinions do matter, and secondly, it's not just them. EVERYONE thought she liked Lion-o.

Now, let me state I always assumed she would end up with Tygra simply for narrative balance. It really would have been too heavily weighted in Lion-o's favor otherwise. he gets the sword, the throne, the girl, etc. But the show itself nearly made me think otherwise because they NEVER showed her interact with Tygra, and they played on the Lion-o angle almost every episode.

This is not about her not going the way I want, this is about her being written as a tease, something everyone ON the show seems to have confirmed (barring panthro, he thankfully ignores all this). I would actually LIKE Lion-o to go with someone else, like Pumyra. She's not as well known so they could go more unique directions with her than the very famous Cheetarah. That doesn't make it well written.

P.S. if this show were better written, a heartfelt apology probably WOULD make Lion-o feel better.

Last edited by KaleRylan; 04-02-2012 at 08:49 PM..
Old 04-02-2012, 08:46 PM   #566
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Yes it would. It would have helped stabilise this poorly written triangle and it would have made both Lion-O and Cheetara look much better in terms of characterisation.

But don’t let little things like that spoil your T/C worship.
Exactly, took the words out of my mouth.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #567
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
I like how the people who defend Cheetarah's actions never mention the fact that Tygra was just as sure she liked Lion-o as Lion-o was. And you sidestep it whenever someone else mentions it. "Oh, Kit and Kat are kids, they don't know what they're talking about."

First off, Kit and Kat are repeatedly shown to be very observant, their opinions do matter, and secondly, it's not just them. EVERYONE thought she liked Lion-o.

Now, let me state I always assumed she would end up with Tygra simply for narrative balance. It really would have been too heavily weighted in Lion-o's favor otherwise. he get's the sword, the throne, the girl, etc. But the show itself nearly made me think otherwise because they NEVER showed her interact with Tygra, and they played on the Lion-o angle almost every episode.

This is not about her not going the way I want, this is about her being written as a tease, something everyone ON the show seems to have confirmed (barring panthro, he thankfully ignores all this).

P.S. if this show were better written, a heartfelt apology probably WOULD make Lion-o feel better.
I don't mention Tygra feeling that way because well, obviously he was wrong. Besides, I don't think he felt that way until she kissed Lion-O on the cheek which made him so jealous he decided he wanted to go into the AP.
What ? I'm suppose to take two 8 year olds as creditable sources on relationships...?

Some of you take such little things so personally in this forum. It's mind boggling.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:57 PM   #568
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
I don't mention Tygra feeling that way because well, obviously he was wrong. Besides, I don't think he felt that way until she kissed Lion-O on the cheek which made him so jealous he decided he wanted to go into the AP.
What ? I'm suppose to take two 8 year olds as creditable sources on relationships...?

Some of you take such little things so personally in this forum. It's mind boggling.
No one is arguing whether he was WRONG. Do you not pay attention? The entire argument is whether or not she is a tease who sent confusing or completely opposing signals. Him being WRONG proves everyone who's mad at her RIGHT.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:59 PM   #569
Balgus82
Quote:
Tell me, do coaches also whisper alluringly in the person’s ear? Because that was some hands on coaching!
Jaga must have asked her to do that too?
Alluringly?

These are her exact words when she was behind him.

"If you can master Sight Beyond Sight, It will show you what your eyes can't see. But your mind has to be open. Now try again, and this time relax."

Oh yeah that's some real hard core flirting right there. What a slut.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #570
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
No one is arguing whether he was WRONG. Do you not pay attention? The entire argument is whether or not she is a tease who sent confusing or completely opposing signals. Him being WRONG proves everyone who's mad at her RIGHT.
Nope. All that proves is that both boys should have asked her how she felt.

Calm down, its all discussion.
No worries
Be happy.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #571
stac
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Your posts are excellent. Thanks for putting it in such “to-the-point” way.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #572
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by balgus82 View Post
alluringly?

"if you can master sight beyond sight, it will show you what your eyes can't see. But your mind has to be open. Now try again, and this time relax."

oh yeah that's some real hard core flirting right there. What a slut.
that nasty trick! Oh when i pull her off that pole tonight, she's gonna get an earful.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:04 PM   #573
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Alluringly?

"If you can master Sight Beyond Sight, It will show you what your eyes can't see. But your mind has to be open. Now try again, and this time relax."

Other than a few people who are getting a bit too worked up, I don't think many people think she was a slut. That is overstating the argument. People said she was a tease, which is totally different.

And yes, if my coach whispered their suggestions into my ear, no matter how mundane those suggestions, I would consider it inappropriate. And flirting. Would it make them a 'slut?' No. But it would make them a flirt who's crossing the platonic boundary.

And in my experience most coaches DO NOT actually do the standing behind you thing because it can easily become inappropriate. It's something that's done on TV and movies, usually for romantic tension.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:05 PM   #574
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Some past L/C moments/pics for discussions references:

http://www.thundercats.ws/thundercat.../89/#post29964 Pics assembled By KurtulanSama:

Episode 1

Episode 4

Episode 6

Episode 12

Last edited by cmangund; 04-02-2012 at 09:16 PM..
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #575
Balgus82
she wasn't whispering at all. She might've been talking in a soft voice, but that's her normal speaking tone. She always speaks in a soft voice (except when she's yelling or fighting).
Old 04-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #576
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Quote:

Because she's experienced with using a sword -_- Oh wait, she uses a staff. So what, she's teaching him how to hold a sword? But Lion-O already knows that. He's used one in episode 1. So just what is she standing behind him for? Is it really to teach him?

Quote:
Alluringly?

Because everyone knows that flirting doesn't involve body language or tone at all -_-

Just a mention. People have been comparing the clerics to the SS. Out of curiousity, HAVE you ever seen a SS agent whisper to the president while 'teaching him how to use his sword' and being really close as well as giving the president a kiss on the cheek? There are some things that basically you don't normally do if it's just a 'I'm here to look after you' kind of situation.

Just look at Panthro. He's also a soldier but he doesn't go around hugging Lion-O or giving him little pecks on the cheek. He's also probably looking out for Lion-O considering he's the son of one of Panthro's oldest friends. Yet none of this BS ever comes up with him. He acts in a generally acceptable military manner.
Sining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:10 PM   #577
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
Other than a few people who are getting a bit too worked up, I don't think many people think she was a slut. That is overstating the argument. People said she was a tease, which is totally different.

And yes, if my coach whispered their suggestions into my ear, no matter how mundane those suggestions, I would consider it inappropriate. And flirting. Would it make them a 'slut?' No. But it would make them a flirt who's crossing the platonic boundary.

And in my experience most coaches DO NOT actually do the standing behind you thing because it can easily become inappropriate. It's something that's done on TV and movies, usually for romantic tension.
This. Also no one here has accused her of doing this intentionally. Everyone recognizes there was no ill intent behind it and she simply made a mistake in how she went about things. The problem is because she will not admit that to Lion-O, the person who got hurt.

No one here is saying she's a bad person or irredeemable, all they want is a simple acknowledgment of her mistakes since we're always beat over the head with how wrong Lion-O is all the time.

Last edited by SirSapphire; 04-02-2012 at 09:12 PM..
Old 04-02-2012, 09:13 PM   #578
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Nope. All that proves is that both boys should have asked her how she felt.

Calm down, its all discussion.
No worries
Be happy.
On some level you're right. But it's really easy when examining a show to just say 'well if they would all just sit down and have a discussion about their feelings then none of this would happen.'

That's true, talking about their feelings would've been better. There's just a few problems with that.

1. That's not what happened. And this is a TV show, so would've/could've/should've is irrelevant. What matters is what DID happen and whether it was well done.

2. That's not even how things usually happen in real life. Humans are not actually that reasonable, we rarely take the time to sit down and reasonably discuss matters.

3. That's unlikely to be how things will ever happen on the show. It's not dramatic. Especially for a kid's show. Kids are unlikely to want to watch a relationship therapy session.

Last edited by KaleRylan; 04-02-2012 at 09:16 PM..
Old 04-02-2012, 09:16 PM   #579
Balgus82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sining View Post
Because she's experienced with using a sword -_- Oh wait, she uses a staff. So what, she's teaching him how to hold a sword? But Lion-O already knows that. He's used one in episode 1. So just what is she standing behind him for? Is it really to teach him?
She wasn't teaching him how to fight with the sword. She was coaching him on Sight Beyond Sight.

Quote:

Just a mention. People have been comparing the clerics to the SS. Out of curiousity, HAVE you ever seen a SS agent whisper to the president while 'teaching him how to use his sword' and being really close as well as giving the president a kiss on the cheek? There are some things that basically you don't normally do if it's just a 'I'm here to look after you' kind of situation.
Have I seen secret service whisper in the president's ear? In movies yes.
Kissing him on the cheek? no, but She only kissed him on the cheek for luck when he was going into an uncertain situation and didn't know if he'd be back. It's like if a solider was going over seas to war and a female friend was with him when he was leaving to send him off. I wouldn't think twice about her kissing him on the cheek for luck.

Quote:
Just look at Panthro. He's also a soldier but he doesn't go around hugging Lion-O or giving him little pecks on the cheek.
Hugged Lion-O? no, but he did hug Berbil Bill. Does that mean Panthro is flirting with him?

Last edited by Balgus82; 04-02-2012 at 09:18 PM..
Old 04-02-2012, 09:16 PM   #580
stac
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Alluringly?

Typical.
The act of whispering in someone’s ear quite intimately, at least the way she did it, can be inherently flirty. What one whispers about need not matter.

However, it was all her actions combined – her tone, the pressing up against him, the whispering in his ear - that made what she did seem flirty. It was the totality of her actions taken within context, not one of them in isolation that made her look like a tease!
Old 04-02-2012, 09:21 PM   #581
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Cheetara got thrown under the Thundertank as a result of the love triangle.

However is there even still a love triangle. Lion-O's behavior towards Cheetara from 14 to 15 has been mostly negative. Tygra has been treating her better.

Maybe after the next episode, he'll ease off and apologize on his part.
Singe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #582
Balgus82
Quote:
Typical.
The act of whispering in someone’s ear quite intimately, at least the way she did it, can be inherently flirty. What one whispers about need not matter.

However, it was all her actions combined – her tone, the pressing up against him, the whispering in his ear - that made what she did seem flirty. It was the totality of her actions taken within context, not one of them in isolation that made her look like a tease!
Her tone of voice did not change at all between when she first walked up and was a few feet away from him and when she got up close. Nor did it change when she was telling the story of the Book of Omens a little bit later. Same tone of voice. It's how she always speaks. Replay the episode, close your eyes, and see if you can actually tell where she gets behind him just by the tone of her voice.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #583
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
She wasn't teaching him how to fight with the sword. She was coaching him on Sight Beyond Sight.
Except she doesn't even know that much about Sight Beyond Sight, it's something that only Lion-O is confirmed to have and not something that can just be taught. His ability is told in prophecy but not much is mentioned what it is actually. Most assume it's the ability to have visions, but Jaga seemed to be of the opinion that it was that combined with the ability to understand those visions and apply them.

The Elephants had the right idea with their meditation techniques. The having the having and interpretation of visions isn't exactly a "hands on" skill.

Anyone else notice that Lion-O was only more distracted by her help in that episode?
Old 04-02-2012, 09:27 PM   #584
Balgus82
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
Except she doesn't even know that much about Sight Beyond Sight, it's something that only Lion-O is confirmed to have and not something that can just be taught. His ability is told in prophecy but not much is mentioned what it is actually. Most assume it's the ability to have visions, but Jaga seemed to be of the opinion that it was that combined with the ability to understand those visions and apply them.

The Elephants had the right idea with their meditation techniques. The having the having and interpretation of visions isn't exactly a "hands on" skill.

Anyone else notice that Lion-O was only more distracted by her help in that episode?
It could be argued that neither the elephants nor Zigg knew how to use sight beyond sight either, yet they both still helped teach him how to use it.

It wasn't so much as teaching him how to use a specific ability. They were all (including Cheetara) trying to teach him how to calm down, relax, and look at things differently.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:28 PM   #585
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
Typical.

Also combined with her action before and after that moment. The hand-holding, the intimate chats by the fire, chewing out the other guys for not supporting him, the bitch-slapping of physics to assist Lion-O.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:28 PM   #586
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
Actually now that Cheetara is with Tygra, we can actually see how she really flirts compared to season 1.

The whole supposed season 1 flirt lacked some of the supposed moves like the wink, kiss on the mouth, seductive voice, and hugging. There would have been more physical contact.

Finally the biggest giveaway is their age. He's a teen and she's an adult. Cartoons have to tread lightly on this subject.
Sorta like Finn is a teen and Princess Bubblegum is an adult. He wins her heart then the writers reset it.

Last edited by Singe; 04-02-2012 at 09:31 PM..
Old 04-02-2012, 09:31 PM   #587
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
I actually do think Cheetarah has every right to try teaching Lion-o SBS. She thinks it's like the cleric stuff. Fair enough. But that does not mean she needs to, platonically or otherwise, stand behind him and talk/whisper/whatever into his ear.

If you DO stand behind a student, and I don't think most do, you're teaching POSTURE. Why would you do it to teach a mental activity? The writers had her do it to create romantic tension.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:31 PM   #588
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singe View Post
Actually now that Cheetara is with Tygra, we can actually see how she really flirts compared to season 1.

The whole supposed season 1 flirt lacked some of the supposed moves like the wink, kiss on the mouth, seductive voice, and hugging. There would have been more physical contact.

Finally the biggest giveaway is their age. He's a teen and she's an adult.
There's four years, if that, between them. Oh yeah, Lion-O just loves older women.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:32 PM   #589
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singe View Post

Finally the biggest giveaway is their age. He's a teen and she's an adult. Cartoons have to tread lightly on this subject.
Sorta like Finn is a teen and Princess Bubblegum is an adult. He wins her heart then the writers reset it.
She's not FLIRTING with Tygra, she's in a relationship with him. The way she is behaving now is what she does in a relationship. Those two are NOT the same thing.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:33 PM   #590
Balgus82
Cheetara is only 19. Lion-O is 17. She's older, but not overly so.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #591
Balgus82
Quote:
She's not FLIRTING with Tygra, she's in a relationship with him. The way she is behaving now is what she does in a relationship. Those two are NOT the same thing.
You don't flirt with people you're in a relationship with? I sure as hell do.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:38 PM   #592
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
On some level you're right. But it's really easy when examining a show to just say 'well if they would all just sit down and have a discussion about their feelings then none of this would happen.'

That's true, talking about their feelings would've been better. There's just a few problems with that.

1. That's not what happened. And this is a TV show, so would've/could've/should've is irrelevant. What matters is what DID happen and whether it was well done.

2. That's not even how things usually happen in real life. Humans are not actually that reasonable, we rarely take the time to sit down and reasonably discuss matters.

3. That's unlikely to be how things will ever happen on the show. It's not dramatic. Especially for a kid's show. Kids are unlikely to want to watch a relationship therapy session.
What happens is this love triangle happens all the time. You've never been into someone who you thought was into you, but it turned out they weren't? We don't really know the writers motives for writing the triangle this way. For all we know, they've accomplished what they've set out to do. Right now, Lion-O's attitude sucks. Since this show began, he's gotten everything he's wanted. Cheetara was the one "thing" not owed to him by birth. His reaction to losing her could function as a learning experience. He's acting like a child right now, and hopefully the writers can take this as an oppertunity to demonstrate why the Nice Guy attitude is garbage and that it shouldnt be ok for someone to act this way.

2. Sure humans don't discuss these things, but that's when you lose your right to act like an ass because of it.

3. Which is probably why this will be wrapped up in just enough time for Pumyra to make her appearance
Old 04-02-2012, 09:39 PM   #593
Singe
Thunderian Commoner
The love triangle was to add drama and shake things up. Can't do much on group dynamics getting by to survive while traveling the world avoiding capture from an enemy army.

If Cheetara still has something to teach him, then Lion-O has to get over it.

Another point lacking from Season 1, Lion-O and Tygra didn't try to flirt with Cheetara. Exception being the Flower bit in the flashback. It was really half sided for her to supposedly do all the work.

Last edited by Singe; 04-02-2012 at 09:46 PM..
Old 04-02-2012, 09:41 PM   #594
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
You don't flirt with people you're in a relationship with? I sure as hell do.
That's like the best part. She's being affectionate with him in a way I never seen with Lion-O. All of the moments people like to write off as flirting, never seemed like anything deep to me. It's why I wrote it off. I dunno, she just seems a bit more vulnerable. I like that better than slap shot flirting. Who knows, maybe its those darn shipper goggles.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:45 PM   #595
SirSapphire
Man of the Stacks
Quote:
That's like the best part. She's being affectionate with him in a way I never seen with Lion-O. All of the moments people like to write off as flirting, never seemed like anything deep to me. It's why I wrote it off. I dunno, she just seems a bit more vulnerable. I like that better than slap shot flirting. Who knows, maybe its those darn shipper goggles.
In all honesty we've all worn those at one time or another.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:53 PM   #596
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
What happens is this love triangle happens all the time. You've never been into someone who you thought was into you, but it turned out they weren't? We don't really know the writers motives for writing the triangle this way. For all we know, they've accomplished what they've set out to do. Right now, Lion-O's attitude sucks. Since this show began, he's gotten everything he's wanted. Cheetara was the one "thing" not owed to him by birth. His reaction to losing her could function as a learning experience. He's acting like a child right now, and hopefully the writers can take this as an oppertunity to demonstrate why the Nice Guy attitude is garbage and that it shouldnt be ok for someone to act this way.

from what I've seen, He's had to struggle for everything, heck right now he's having to fight just for a chance to live again.

2. Sure humans don't discuss these things, but that's when you lose your right to act like an ass because of it.

3. Which is probably why this will be wrapped up in just enough time for Pumyra to make her appearance
hearing that Lion O's always gotten everything he's wanted always gets my blood boiling, you're getting him mixed up with his brother. Lion O was the laughing stock of the kingdom, his father didn't have any respect for him at all until just before he died, his brother constantly made an ass out of him publically, and he was constantly having his brother shoved down his throat. yeah, he's had it really good...
CCDustyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:54 PM   #597
Balgus82
I don't think either brother got everything they wanted. Tygra or Lion-O.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:56 PM   #598
CCDustyV
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
I don't think either brother got everything they wanted. Tygra or Lion-O.
true, but from the looks of it Tygra was the favored son by King and Country (and fandom).
CCDustyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:59 PM   #599
Balgus82
Country maybe. I saw Claudus defend Lion-O to Grune in the premiere and Accept his wanting to free the lizards. Claudus only wanted Lion-O to be more responsible, like Tygra was. I don't think he really loved Tygra more. Afterall it was Lion-O that he said he was proud of when he died.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:01 PM   #600
theking
Thunder Kitty
Lol Jaga should have taught Cheetara how to properly support someone without leading them on. I don't hate her completely I just want the writers to stop destroying her character, the moment she apologizes to Lion-O for everything (she could say I'm sorry I led you on because I don't have a lot of experience with men etc.), I would forgive her and hope that Lion-O moves on with his life.

Quite honestly I was rooting for this couple since my girlfriend is 3 years older than me so seeing as I thought they would end up together I loved it
theking is offline   Reply With Quote